December 19, 2014 | 1669 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by babymarshmallow

I absolutely love this fragrance, it is definitely my favourite. I don't know how to describe it, but I would say it's definitely a modern sort of floral. It's fresh and it lasts all day! It always cheers me up with I catch a whiff of it. I love the packaging; the bottle is really pretty. Even though it is a little pricey, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

I test drove this a couple of days ago. It's a bland floral and I can barely remember what it smells like now. It's that nondescript. It only lasted on me for a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Vhipper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous, classy pretty fragrance that stays lovely on my skin. I have a problem with a lot of the popular fine fragrances, because they change to something unfavourable within minutes, but Chloe stays pretty. After trying all the latest scents I've chosen this for my wedding day. A fresh modern floral.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by musume11

I don't really know how to describe a scent in words. its complicated~~~
But one thing i wanna say is, everytime i wear it, i got compliments from pplz on the streets, in dept store, in the cashier counter of boutiqies.....
i jux love this perfume!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am very bad in detecting the notes, but this is how I feel about Chloe... To be honest, I'm attracted to rose scents like Stella Rose Absolute and Lady Vengeance. Chloe is a rosy one, but quite different from what I'm generally into. While the two I just mentioned are like more sexy/ sultry and show you the dark side of a rose, Chloe is sweet, tame and soft. A lovely choice for Spring fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by emily261

I was on the lookout for a new perfume and it was taking FOREVER. One thing I noticed as well was how many perfumes there are out there that start out lovely and drydown to a headache inducing mess (for me anyway). I am pretty sensitive when it comes to perfume, so the only way to really get to know a product is to spray some on and see how it goes!

I really didn't like Chloe at first. To me it was too powdery, too soapy. But strangely, I kept coming back to it; every time I was at the store I gravitated towards it. Eventually I bit the bullet and got myself some and I LOVE it! It is just devine. The only problem (for me) is that it doesn't seem to last one me...or at least I can't smell it after a few hours. I have bought the Body Lotion so hopefully that helps! I tried the new EDP Chloe Intense but wasn't crazy about it. Anyway I knocked off a lippy because of the lasting power.

Anyway my long search is over but if you are searching for a new scent, my recommendation would be to try try try before you buy! It really is the best way

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No, thanks... Way too sweet and heavy for me. When i tried the sample, it strongly reminded me of Nina Ricci's Love In Paris edp(if i had to choose between them, i'd prefer the second). It's one of those annoying fragrances that you can detect at any time, even if the person that wears it is at the opposite side of the street from you x.x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is great, looks expensive and everything.
I must agree with what one of the reviewers mentioned in a comment, that it smells like fabric softener- i would have said 'face cold cream' but yeah, pretty much THAT scent.

I don't know about the 'old' Chloe fragrance and i don't think it's available in shops anymore since they came out with this one.

The first time i tried it was a while ago, i was looking for a 'mild' perfume, something very baby-like, a neutral scent, something long lasting and strong yet particular but not 'woman'-like...i have my moments when i'd rather just smell like a freshly bathed moisturized baby skin...only stronger and with a hint of flowery tones. THIS is it.

I like the scent but i think it's too particular. It'll get noticed right away because there aren't too many perfumes that smell like this one (actual number, zero). The undertones or lower notes or whatever they're called remind me of Vera Wang's Look, another beloved of mine; Look is much more fruity-floral with a sharper edge so to speak, but this one can be similar in the beginning, when it's fresh on the skin.

The scent is strong, and the only word that comes to my mind when i think of it is 'creamy'. Imagine a huge wave of cream, powdered up and spritzed with a bit of freesia maybe, but still cream. That's Chloe's perfume. I like it, but i got tired of it in a second. Not to mention that after smelling this on me, a friend bought it herself...so i stopped using it.

If you want something clean, innocent, creamy and nude-ish, go for this one. It will mix very well with the natural skin odor because it has that fabric softener pureness in it. But if you're looking for something spectacular, make a different choice.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by seira7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is very pretty - but on me, it smells like *exactly* like Paul Smith Rose. It's not only been done before but Paul Smith Rose is more affordable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WHY???? Oh why do fragrance houses always taking a classic scent...completely trashing it...coming up with a new scent and INSIST on naming it by the classic scents name??? WHY??? It's NOT the SAME scent, so give it a new name!
Well, they've done it again. I tried the "new" Chloe today. I expected the same classic rich floral with the mysterious spicy/woodsy undertones that I fell in love with in 1988 (gift after birth of first child)...what I got was some hideous scent that immediately made me think "fabric softener" (and that was BEFORE I read what the critic below stated)
It's AWFUL! Not even close to the classic Chloe scent.
Compare the notes used to make the classic and real Chloe with the ingredients in this cheap smelling Coty type imposter...
Chloe (classic) Perfume for Women by Chloe
A stunning original...
Karl Lagerfeld created Chloe perfume for the design house in 1975. This feminine and rich tuberose floral fragrance blends the central note with daffodil, lily of the valley, coriander, jasmine, rose and honeysuckle over a warm base of sandalwood, amber, oak moss and fresh greens. A stunning original.
-VS- The "New" but not real Chloe
Chloe (new) Perfume for Women by Chloe
Romantic, luxurious, elegant...
Launched in 2008. A light but luscious scent, Chloe opens with pink peony, rose, and lychee; has a heart of lily of the valley, magnolia and velvet rose. A rich base is provided by warm cedarwood, amber, and honey rose.

Review by NYT Scent Critic Chandler Burr
★ Do Not Inhale
Not only is Chloé an uninteresting, clichéd floral (why are houses still launching saccharine, vaguely unidentifiable composite flowers?) it smells like a perfume masquerading as a fabric softener. Read more...

As the critic said above...the "New" Chloe smells like fabric softener. I wanted this to be the original and thus only REAL Chloe perfume...the classic scent with some depth, some mystery behind the white floral...but, sadly, it isn't
Where is the oak moss? The woody undertones?
This is a sad effront to the real Chloe...
Please, if you want to smell like this...save some $$$...rub yourself down with a fabric softener sheet.
I'd give this imposter negative lippies if that were possible.