December 19, 2014 | 1472 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by BrittanyRMUA

At first, I couldn't believe that I was going to spend $20 on a brow pencil, but after hearing great reviews I caved. I had been using Avon's Brow Luxury Pencil in Blonde for years but I think it was discontinued. I purchased the shade Ash Blonde and it was perfect for my dark blonde browns. The texture of the pencil is somewhat waxy, and I think that's what makes it last so long. The slim pencil is so easy for filling in bald spots and helping elongate short brows, and it looks incredibly natural. I use this pencil everyday, and I've had it over a month and it doesn't seem to be running out yet. I was so impressed with this, definitely my 'HG' and I don't have many of those. I also love that it's a 2 in 1 product with the spoolie end, no need to carry an extra one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by zoziees

As a makeup artist I love this product. It allows you to build up the brows very naturally. The colour match is also brilliant. I'd recommend this it any makeup novice as its so easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by BosnianGirlxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My brows are very light and sparse and this pencil does wonders for me. Its very fine so you can use short strokes to mimic the appearance of brow hair in order make it look more natural and less drawn on.

The color is absolutely perfect. I always had a problem with brow pencils being too reddish brown. I needed something more ashy and this is just what I needed.

The formula is great. This pencil is very long wearing on my oily skin. My eyebrows stay put all day even when it rains.

It's $20 but to me the color match and the staying power is well worth it. (note: I have this in medium ash)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Madwilso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only recently started focusing on my eyebrows. I never liked the shape of them and even though they are brown, they always kind of faded into my skin after foundation/powders.
One day I finally understood that I would have to fill them in and shape them, dur! I started with a Shobha pencil in Blonde, because I was still unused to strong brows. I hated the price of shipping, so I started to look for an alternative that could be easily purchased locally. I read a lot of great reviews and decided to try the brow wiz.
Initially, I just plain didn't like it. I used it a couple of times and then shelved it for some weeks. After I had my brows threaded and shaped, I decided to give it another try and use it in a different way. It is true when people say that this brush is so fine that it looks like real little hairs. With that in mind, you can really only use this brush to fill in patchy areas. It did not work well for me to try to use it to fill in the whole brow and shape them, adding more arch here or lengthening there. But, when I want a more subtle and natural look, I lightly stroke the pencil (lead?) on areas such as the scar in my brow and it blends in really well. I have medium brown hair and I purchased the Medium Ash color. I'm not sure if I have extremely green eyebrow hair or what, because I still find the Medium Ash to be a little reddish for me. But it's not too bad, I could probably get away with using the Brunette color and will perhaps try that next time.
It is expensive-ish, relative to the $12 pot of mineral Alima Pure eyeliner in Espresso that I also use (and will last FOREVER). The pencil will last a long time if using it for just sparse areas, it will not last as long if drawing a whole 2 brows daily,
If you have sparse brows, then give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by itznic32

I love this stuff. It's a little pricey but it lasted me a couple of months and I use it every day. My brows are thick but in all the wrong places, and where I'd like them to be thicker they are sparse. I was always afriad to fill them in though, because I felt it would never look natural. But then I was turned on to this pencil, and I fell in love with it. It looks so natural, and the brunette color is perfect for my brows. The tip is thin enough to make it look like hair and it blends in so well. And it doesnt smudge or run at all. Even when sweating, in the rain, or rubbing it, it still stays. You have to rub it pretty hard to get it to smudge even a little. Right before I bought it, I tried a few other brow pencils, and none compared. So easy and so natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel like the price should be lower given the amount of product, but the color (brunette) and consistency are excellent. I love this more than the pink Anastasia pencil. It's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the ultra fine brow pencils I own/owned, this is my favorite one and currently HG. My hair is medium brown and my brows are soft black. I have had the hardest time finding a pencil that isn't too warm in tone or too dark and most of the pencils I have used always had these issues. The Anastasia Brow Wiz in medium ash is a cool toned medium brown that's just perfect for my brows and looks extremely natural without the reddish tones that most pencils have. It's also the only pencil that's small enough in diameter to allow me to draw realistic looking hairlike strokes.

My brows are already thick so I don't use the pencil on the whole brows. Instead I only use them to extend the tails and to fill in occasional gaps in them. The tail parts are the hardest (for me) to draw hairlike strokes without looking unnatural but this pencil allows me to do so and the results look like real hairs. The product itself isn't too creamy nor too dry. To me it's just the right consistency. Application is easy without tugging or dragging on the skin but doesn't deposit too much product either. In fact I found it almost impossible to put too much on even with a heavy hand. The pencil is retractable with no sharpening required and has a spoolie on the other end to blend the product out. Doesn't smudge nor fade and lasts all day from morning until I take it off, even on my oily complexion. In short, it's the best I have used so far.

How the Anastasia Brow Wiz compares to other brow pencils I own: Almost one shade lighter than MAC Stud and the same shade but cooler in tone than MAC Spiked. It's also less creamy and finer in diameter. Same shade as Tarte Emphaseyes in medium brown but slightly cooler in tone, smaller in diameter and not as creamy. A bit darker but the same tone as the DiorShow Universal brow pencil but easier to apply. Although the pencil is the same diameter, I find the DiorShow to be too dry, making application a bit difficult. The same shade as Sephora's brow pencil in Midnight Brown but the Sephora one is slightly warmer in tone. The pencil diameter is almost the same but the Anastasia is easier to apply.

Overall, it's the best $20 I've spent on a brow pencil and I will repurchase when I run out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by AMIGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one eyebrow stick I can't live without. It goes on easily, not too hard, nor too soft, doesn't smug during the day, the medium ash tone is perfect for me, the brush being attached is a nice feature as well. Being thin allows for perfect application too. Not sure how long this item has been on the market, but I sure missed out over the years by not having the ideal addition to my cosmetic collection. It's not thaaaaat cheap, but you get what you pay for with this item for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horay! I finally have eyebrows! As a natural blonde, my eyebrows are super light. This brow pencil changed my eyebrow life. It is a super slender pencil with a comb on the other end, and distributes the perfect amount of color without over-doing it. The colors are super natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite things about this product is how easy it is to use. There's no extra gels or waxes, what have you, needed. The "granite" is very natural looking for me and it lasts all day.

I have black hair and my eyebrows are long and shapely. However, it's not as dense as I'd like it to be. I use the pencil side, which is retractable and doesn't need to be sharpened, to fill on some sparser areas -- small gentle strokes. Then I use the brush side to blend it in. The result doesn't look at all fake. I even got my mother using it!

My only complaint is that it's slightly pricey, but I've found it to be high quality and I don't need to use too much at a time.