October 24, 2014 | 1661 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by annang

This pencil is so easy to use and natural. Love how fine the tip is and how it goes on the brow. A light hand and soft strokes goes a long way. The pencil looks so tiny for the price but I think it goes a long way. I use it every day to just fill in the ends of my brows after applying a brow powder- for when I want a more defined, clean strong brow. It blends in well with my eyebrow hair and the fine strokes of the pencil really make it look more natural and not drawn on stencil brows. It stays on all day without getting greasy or somehow disappearing / get splotchy / shiny at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite brow pencil to use!!!. It is awesome when your on the run. It has a brow brush at the end that allows you to blend the pigment effortlessly into your brows. No one can ever tell i have filled in my brows. The just look perfectly sculpted. The price is well worth it. And the product lasts for ages<3 also the color selection is perfect the work for almost everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes. Yes. Yes. Will definitely repurchase.

So very glad I bought this pencil. I've only had it two weeks, and I love it .....

Not only are my eyebrows disappearing (over 40) but I way overplucked in my teens. They've never grown back, and filling them in properly (as always prescribed by the beauty editors, makeup artistes, and Anastasia herself) has been one of my biggest beauty challenges.

This is the FIRST pencil I have EVER used in which I can extend my inner brows towards the center, as well as out, without thinking I have on that phony baloney penciled eyebrow look.

I've never liked Anastasia's brow stencils .... while I think they are great for women who are in front of the camera and need more makeup, for everyday brow filling, the prescription of powder and stencil, at least on my features, is way too much. Does. Not. Suit. My. Tastes.

This product allows me to extend my brows with a very subtle natural look. Love it. It does not tame or add volume to the brows you have (I use Lancome's "Modele Sourcils," and Anastasia's brow wax or brow gel), what you can do is get a perfect natural base color with the feather strokes this pencil allows you to create.

Can't speak to how long this pencil lasts, but I will stockpile, for certain. Don't want to be without this one. If you can't stand that overdrawn brow look, and need to frame your eyes, try this.

I am beyond delighted.

ETA: I purchased in the light ash, and the color is perfect for me ... and probably another reason why I think it delivers a beautiful natural, defined brow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jaimebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to love this product...but I've now had to return it twice because the thing to twist up, often won't give me any product, or the actual product itself falls right out and breaks. I'll only repurchase if they fix it, otherwise I think i'm going back to eyebrow pencils that you have to sharpen...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This retractable pencil brings easy, hassle-free definition to unruly brows, and adds an simple-to-adjust amount of color just where you want it. Use quick upstrokes on the brow to define and tame. Brow Wiz allows buildable color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Desperate for a HG eyebrow pencil, I fell for the rave reviews on this Brow Wiz, and boy, did I land hard! I can't believe how horrible this overpriced pencil is! I bought Medium Ash after returning Ash Blonde, which was way too light for me. Medium Ash is a bit on the dark side, but I was sure I could make it work for me. Turns out... the problem is not making the color "work," but making the color STAY. I lightly fill in my brows, only to notice about an hour later, I've got faded pencil and sparse spots back in my brows! This would be understandable if I was laying alongside a pool in the hot Vegas sun... but this happened after walking my dog in 20 degree weather on a dry day in snow-laden NJ! No hat on my head, either, so we can't blame that. This happened 2 days in a row after using the Brow Wiz, so I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the pencil. Previously, I was using Anastasia's Perfect Brow pencil, and I can honestly say the pencil lines never faded all day when I used that one. There was no smudging or fading at all until I removed the pencil at night with a makeup remover wipe. I was hoping to find a pencil that wasn't so harsh on the skin/brows (see my review on that pencil), that was what made me turn to the Brow Wiz. Looks like if I want my brows to last all day, I'm better off sticking with the Perfect Brow pencil and just dealing with the abuse of a hard pencil point.

EDIT January 14th, 2014: I have rediscovered this pencil and fallen in love! I can't believe I ever hated this pencil! This pencil is GREAT! I had to come back and change my rating on this. Ever since I saw a video from Anastasia on how to create the perfect brow, and this pencil was one of the 3 products she used, I had decided to try what I saw in the video and it works! She used the Brow Wiz to trace along the natural arch of your eyebrow (underneath the brow, right above where your highlighter goes), and then filled it in with brow powder. Then she highlighted underneath the brow with one of her highlighter pencils. It looked wonderful- so I had to try it. I never threw out this pencil despite my intense dislike for it, and I gave it a shot using the same technique as in the video. This works marvelous for filling in those "missing spots" of hair in my thinning brows! I just lightly trace it in, and it gives an immediate, natural look to my brows. Lasts all day, too! Don't know why I had such problems with this wonderful pencil before!??? If I use this up soon, I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by evienoir

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's an automatic brow pencil. Wow, what genius.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

The first brow pencil I ever bought, and I love it! I bought the one in brunette, and it gives my dark, yet sparse eyebrows some thickness and keeps them from disappearing into my face. I wish the price wasn't so high, but it's definitely worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Krisoshiro

I love this brow pencil! I got this in Medium Ash and it works great with my hair and skin color. The only negative thing is the price...argh. I'd still repurchase this because I love the spoolie at the end of the pencil and I love that I never have to sharpen the pencil. Great product but the price is a bit steep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

one of my favourite brow products. i get this in medium taupe and it looks great on my brows. very natural. it has a great consistency. i love that i never need to sharpen it... and the spoolie at the end is very nice and convenient.
i highly recommend this product. it is a little pricey... and although i will continue to purchase, i also love shiseido's brow pencil in natural black for different looks. but these two are my favourite brow pencils so far.
i recently purchased mac's lingering brow pencil hoping to find a cheaper alternative to this one.. and so far, that one is very similar in color. maybe slightly lighter and a bit warmer, but still looks pretty good on my brows.
the only downside so far to mac's lingering is that there isn't a spoolie at the end.
i think i would repurchase mac's lingering as it is about $8 cheaper than this pencil, but only use it at home, where i have my sonia kashuk spoolie, and use this brow wiz for travelling.
there doesn't seem to be too much product and i seem to run out every few months or so, without every day use... so it can get quite pricey.
but for sure, i will continue to repurchase this product. it's part of my staples in my makeup collection.