November 26, 2014 | 1523 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a $3 NYX brow pencil in "black" that is the perfect color, but after catching a good look at my brows in the car mirror in bright daylight, I finally had to admit it was too thick and impossible to get a fine line. I have always been happy with Anastasia products so I bit the bullet and bought this in Medium Ash. (I also tested the similar Anastasia pencil that you have to sharpen, but this seemed a bit creamier.) My brows are BLACK, and this color blends in pretty perfectly without being too dark. There is absolutely no auburn cast as some brow pencils have; the spoolie brush on the other end is convenient; and staying power is good. As I have gotten older the ends of my brows have gotten very sparse and I need the fine pencil to fill them in realistically. This was worth the investment to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like the pencil, like the consistency, like that it is cheaper than the Dior pencil I'm obsessed with but...That Dior pencil does not turn reddish or itch. I don't have sensitive skin but something in this kind of makes my eyebrows itch. The brunette is lovely, but for some reason it doesn't quite bring out my hazel eyes as much as the Dior. By afternoon it has turned a little red, just a touch but it bothers me. The staying power isn't that great. To be fair the SA told me I would need to layer a powder over it, which I thought I would do but I am lazy in the morning & don't. Might try her powder instead...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sarahscantron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am kind of at a loss for words over this product. I spent $20 on this pencil and it lasted only 2 weeks. I'm not exaggerating. After this massive disappointment, I switched over to a NYX retractable pencil and am much happier.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jojoxc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this eyebrow pencil a lot, it works very well for me. Sometimes. I don't know why, but sometimes when I use it my eyebrows totally come off after awhile, and sometimes it stays on all day until I wash it off.

I do love how it's small at the end, because it works well when I use it to taper out my brows at the ends. It works incredibly well when working with thin lines, and I have dark hair, so Brunette is perfect.

However, it's 20 dollars, and it only lasted me barely two months and I had to buy another one. I just wish there was more product for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Before I purchased Brow Wiz, I read the glowing reviews here first. I have to say, this is the first time I have been dissappointed with the reviews before purchasing. I was so excited to make this purchase because my brows are sparse. While I DO love my NYX and BE "BLACK" *nudge, nudge*, I'm totally emphasing the word black because that is the color of my brows, sometimes you just feel like changing your routine up a bit. I thought it might be a good change to go with a thin tipped automatic pencil. After all, Anastasia of Beverly Hills is THE eyebrow expert. So...lemme tell you about my experience...I purchased the darkest color: Brunette. At first glance it looked pretty decent. The brunette color is a dark, dark taupe. I figured if I applied with a heavier hand, it would blend nicely. First of all, the "lead" in the automatic pencil dropped out as soon as I took it out of the box. I managed to fix it though. So...l applied and drew the brows in. The color did not blend. It was too light and yes. It oxidized. My brows turned an orangey-taupe. I am now beginning to think I am a freak of nature. It is a shame that Ms. Anastasia cannot introduce a true black to her line. If she did, this pencil would have been a four-star product. There is some good out of this though. It does make for a base for my powder--so all is not lost. However, I will not repurchase. I'm really sick and tired of these so-called beauty experts insisting that all women with black hair need to go a shade lighter with brow makeup. Some of us actually LIKE our dark brows. We are comfortable with it. Back to my NYX and BE!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Can I say I'm in love? I own Medium Ash. The pencil has lasted me months, I bought it in July and it's still good with daily use.

It lasts all day long. Glides on creamy. The point makes it easy to draw thin or thicker and it never needs sharpening. Love, love, love. No drugstore product compares to this. And the color blends in so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mgfer

I ordered this recently, together with some other products of this brand. I canīt believe how this draws my brows sooooooooo naturally!!. I have been using brow products for years and years and all of them looked too obvious. To the bin they have gone!. This is what I have been seeking all my life. IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This is the best brow pencil i've ever used. It has the convenience of 2 in 1. I have this in medium ash and it makes my brows look very natural and full. You just fill in brows with the liner with small strokes then on the other end is a brush to make it look more natural and even it out. Only problem I had with this is the last one I had the brush end broke off and got stuck in the cap so i couldn't use the brush. luckily, i had another brush that came from another set so i used that. This didn't happen to the one i have now because i'm more careful with it. i will continue to still purchase this though because its the only one i trust to give my brows a perfect arch

UPDATE-9/28/2012
I've had a problem lately with the lead/liner falling out and it's a pain to put back into it. Not sure if this is just me, but I'm not happy about that since I'm paying 20+ dollars for an eyebrow pencil. I have since switched to maybelline brow retractable pencil & I'm loving it just as much. However I wish it had the spooly at the end like this one instead of the comb. I just can't see spending that much money when the product keeps falling out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ShiShiPooPoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best. It is very user friendly and natural. I use the darkest shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by alexikiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best brow pencil ever. My eyebrows have never looked so natural in all of my life, and I have been obsessed with eyebrows for years. I doubt I will ever use anything else again.