August 23, 2014 | 1799 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Diamelin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I happened to stumble upon the reviews of the salux cloths here on MUA, and as I read each review, my yearning for these cloths grew and grew. I knew I absolutely HAD to have one. So, I immediately jumped in my car, and began my hunt for them. I was super excited when I found them at my local Asian food market! I came home, and jumped in the shower. I felt so squeaky clean, and my skin was super soft...but the cloth was not harsh at all! I bought some for the rest of my family, and they are hooked too. They are about $3.50 or so each, depending on where you buy them, and last for several months. I've been using these for about 6 months now, and prefer them over my shower poufs, and can tell the difference when I haven't used it in a few days. The market where I buy them has a 100 and a 300, I'm not sure what the difference is, but I usually get the 300. Highly recommended, and happy washing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by smallNsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can really notice the difference in my skin after using these towels. Right away, it feels softer, smoother and well exfoliated. I don't find them to be too harsh against my skin and it foams up nicely. I live in Sydney, Australia and couldn't find them in the asian groceries that I looked in so I ordered four from saluxshop.com. Took a while to arrive but I think that was more Australia Post's fault than anything else!

So thankful to MUA that I found this gem!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by 7Out7

When I first read about Salux on MUA I was highly doubtful that any cloth could do what years of scrubbing, strong AHA lotions, Retin-A, rough washclothes and stiff body brushes could not do, that is, remove the unsightly moderate to severe keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. It felt rough and bumpy and looked like chicken skin. I have had this condition since my teens (many moons ago). I decided to make one last ditch effort to have the smooth arms I always wanted because I trust the honest and unbiased reviews on MUA.

I have used this Salux in the shower every day and after three weeks 90% of the bumps have flattened. A few stubborn ones remain but after a few more weeks they too will be history. I have had no skin irritation. I even use it on my face and everywhere else, including the calluses on my heels which are gone too. When I get out of the shower I slather on some generic body cream on my upper arms.

.If you have sensitive skin use a lot more soap to give the cloth more slip until your skin gets used to it.

Be aware that there are many cheap knock-offs from China. Get the real thing by ordering directly through Saluxshop.com

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by violettecyrille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mother introduced me to these when I was in Jr. High. She swore by them. The first time I used one it felt, frankly, terrible. It was like rubbing sandpaper all over my body. It's amazing how quickly you get used to it, though, and the results are worth it. It exfoliates like nobody's business and actually feels good once your skin builds tolerance. I even use it to exfoliate my lips and face. I still can't convince by BF that these are a good idea, though. He tried it once and told me I was crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jeanyus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got in the pink version.
Oh my gosh. It felt like I was rubbing broken glass all over my body. My advice is to start slow. However, all that pain was worth it because it helped my clogged pores on my legs TREMENDOUSLY. Nothing was helping, not even creams. It is also helping diminish the marks left over from picking at the clogged pores.

It's great, just be gentle.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sephoranut

Got this on Amazon for about $4.00 after reading all the positive reviews here. I absolutely love this thing!! Its great for scrubbing your back and it has completely removed all the red bumps on my upper arms... Definitely worth a try since it soooo cheap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product, but unfortunately, I just get really itchy from using it. I tried it for at least a month before I gave it away. My skin is just overly sensitive [and no it wasn't the scrubbing, because I thought that at first and tried being gentle with my skin and the outcome was the same.] But though, it didn't work out for me, my sister loved it! It got rid of her chicken skin on her arms and smoothed out her back so no more acne!

I tried this for my feet though and it feels so smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the pink one and love it! It's really great for your back, since it's hard to reach. This bath towel absorbs my all natural soap really well. I've been using bath gloves that are of this same material for years now and both make my skin feel like baby skin...I am really into taking care of my skin and could not live without these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by mys_mimi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got these online and so far I'm lovin it!. Great especially for the back.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yet another product that I would not ever have known about if it weren't for MUA! Ordered from saluxshop.com as suggested by reviewers below, service was quick and easy. This product is awesome. I don't like using messy scrubs and have dry skin on my legs - this is a magical solution to these problems I've been using the salux cloth for a week and a half and my legs are smoother than they've ever been - bumpy dry skin is almost completely gone. I will definitely repurchase!