September 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The product alone I will give it 4 lippies, but adding up its low price ( I got mine for 4 dollars), I will rate it 5.
It has enough shades to pick up and mine is soft black. I use this eyebrow pencil to do a eyebrow base. and then I double with wet n wild eyebrow shadow to create a more natural looking. I just recently got this eyebrow pencil and I have very oil skin, especially in the summer. I have oils out very frequently all over my face, also including my eyebrows. I found that by using this eyebrow pencil as a base, my eyebrow stays longer, wont that easily smear off. like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

this is an HG product for me. I didn't care for it at first, so I tucked it away and forgot about it. It got pulled out when I started my P10P and I've grown to love it. It defines my brows so easily, almost foolproof. its the most natural look for my brows. Will definately repurchase when I'm out (which isn't too far away).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by blackrose14

I have blonde eyebrows and they are very fine. I have to draw my eyebrows from the arch to the end of the brow. This product was way to creamy it just smears off. Also figuring out what knob to twist was a good 5 minutes. The packaging seemed cheap and I did not like the comb at the end. I loved the thin tip that twists up though! so convenient.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by marinabennett

This is the first and only eyebrow pencil I've ever used, and I am definitely not disappointed! I bought it in Dark Blonde/Light Brown. My eyebrows show way too many clumps of individual hairs normally, making me look kind of more like a guy, but this pencil looks completely natural with my hair colour and fills in all the gaps! You only need several brief, light strokes in the desired places to get the look you want, too, which is a timesaver. As I've seen so far, it's pretty good at staying put on my brows; not 24-hr by any means, but a good solid 8 hrs' wear at least, which is more or less all I need. My only issue is with price: it's pretty expensive, and for a university student on a tight budget, it goes a bit over the top.

However, if you have connections and can get yourself to a L'Oreal Warehouse Sale once a year, I'd stock up on this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by aimless07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this product a middle of the road rating. The cost was $7+ for a brow pencil. Another issue I had that the pencil crumbled and broke off too easily.

I can get the 2 pack of the red Maybelline pencils for about $4 so I will stick with that instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I really love this product. If money isn't an issue then I'd definitely say go for it! However, I'm a college student and I use this every day because my eyebrows are extremely pale in comparison to the hair on my head. I get this product for about $7.50 and I run out relatively fast so I won't be buying this again until I can actually fit this into my budget.
Anyways, about the product. It's not a weird orange/red color that I usually find with eyebrow pencils. It's basically the perfect color! I like that you twist it to get the product, but I don't like that you can't twist the other way and put the product back in! I feel like you don't get much product though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by kikibug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Personally, my biggest gripe about this product is the formula. It is very creamy, but I feel that it is overally so as an eyebrow pencil. I feel that the creamier an eyebrow pencil is, the more likely it may wipe away, and this is true with Maybelline's Define-A-Brow. I like eyebrow pencils to have more wax, so it takes more strokes to have color begin to show up in your eyebrow.

I do like the packaging and how thin this pencil is, but not the comb at the end. It does not brush out the product to make it look more natural.

I would not purchase this pencil again.. I'll stick with my Wet n Wild eyebrow pencil :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the fine tip of this brow pencil. I have dark brown hair but I bought the light brown. I have fairly dark, full eyebrows and find this to be very natural looking. I can fill in my few sparse areas without it looking obvious. Comb on the end a nice plus. Great job, Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This is fantastic! It's the only brow pencil I've ever used but it does an amazing job. I use the shade medium brown and it works nicely for me. I apply it lightly though otherwise it can be a bit over-powering. Stays put and smooth creamy formula makes it easy to work with. Comes with a comb too, so that makes it easy for on-the-go.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by karen1245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At the time of purchase, this was $6.99 USD at CVS. The product is .001 Oz (or .05 g). This is a mechanical brow pencil on one end and the other end has a comb. This product comes in 6 shades. In my opinion, this is the drugstore equivalent to famed Anastasiaís Brow Wiz (Retails $20 USD). Simply swivel the pencil end to dispense product (a couple clicks should suffice). I found that this product applies best with small short strokes. The product itself feels quite hard and waxy. Because of its waxy nature, this product lasted all day on me (8-10 hours). Though for you with oily skin, Iím not too sure! The tip is quite small which is extremely helpful for precise application! Application of this product is not as smooth as other eyebrow pencils but thatís a minute detail. Blending requires a bit more effort. I wish Maybelline had included a spoolie end rather than comb end, because I donít use the comb at all. So, if you have any extra spoolies lying around in your brush kit/makeup collection do use it (or use a Q-Tip). This is an OK eyebrow pencil, but do try to purchase this from your local drugstore when they have a Maybelline sale. I think this is great for travelling because it is so compact and light weight.

For color reference: Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown 643 is comparable to Anastasiaís Brow Wiz in Medium Ash. And Define-A-Brow in Dark Brown 642 is comparable to Anastasiaís Brow Wiz in Ebony.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No