October 21, 2014 | 2121 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Daniela_613

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Other reviewers have compared this pencil to MAC's, and rightly so. It has the same ease of use and staying power as the equivalent MAC product. I use the Dark Blonde/Light Brown colour, whose tone is somewhere in between MAC's Fling and Lingering. I would point out, though, that the MAC pencil consists of 0.09 grams--i.e. 90 milligrams--of product, and that the Maybelline product consists of 50 milligrams. Thus the Maybelline pencil is only a screaming deal if you get it on a good sale. (Or at least, this is the case in Canada, as the regular Shopper's Drug Mart Price for the Maybelline pencil is $9.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this thing. I heard Maybelline Define-a-Brow is exactly the same as Mac's brow pencil but for a fraction of the cost, so I wouldn't even try it since it's more expensive. I find these pencils a lot easier to use than powders and even though I've been told that powder gives eyebrows a more "natural look" I don't notice much of a difference. Plus my brows are somewhat sparse so they're especially easy to use if you need to draw out your shape. This thing is definitely idiot proof.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by catcoastal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm blonde and have semi-invisible eyebrows. This product is the best eyebrow definer I've ever tried. I have it in light blonde and it's awesome! Very easy to use, looks great and is cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The product alone I will give it 4 lippies, but adding up its low price ( I got mine for 4 dollars), I will rate it 5.
It has enough shades to pick up and mine is soft black. I use this eyebrow pencil to do a eyebrow base. and then I double with wet n wild eyebrow shadow to create a more natural looking. I just recently got this eyebrow pencil and I have very oil skin, especially in the summer. I have oils out very frequently all over my face, also including my eyebrows. I found that by using this eyebrow pencil as a base, my eyebrow stays longer, wont that easily smear off. like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

this is an HG product for me. I didn't care for it at first, so I tucked it away and forgot about it. It got pulled out when I started my P10P and I've grown to love it. It defines my brows so easily, almost foolproof. its the most natural look for my brows. Will definately repurchase when I'm out (which isn't too far away).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by blackrose14

I have blonde eyebrows and they are very fine. I have to draw my eyebrows from the arch to the end of the brow. This product was way to creamy it just smears off. Also figuring out what knob to twist was a good 5 minutes. The packaging seemed cheap and I did not like the comb at the end. I loved the thin tip that twists up though! so convenient.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by marinabennett

This is the first and only eyebrow pencil I've ever used, and I am definitely not disappointed! I bought it in Dark Blonde/Light Brown. My eyebrows show way too many clumps of individual hairs normally, making me look kind of more like a guy, but this pencil looks completely natural with my hair colour and fills in all the gaps! You only need several brief, light strokes in the desired places to get the look you want, too, which is a timesaver. As I've seen so far, it's pretty good at staying put on my brows; not 24-hr by any means, but a good solid 8 hrs' wear at least, which is more or less all I need. My only issue is with price: it's pretty expensive, and for a university student on a tight budget, it goes a bit over the top.

However, if you have connections and can get yourself to a L'Oreal Warehouse Sale once a year, I'd stock up on this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by aimless07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this product a middle of the road rating. The cost was $7+ for a brow pencil. Another issue I had that the pencil crumbled and broke off too easily.

I can get the 2 pack of the red Maybelline pencils for about $4 so I will stick with that instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I really love this product. If money isn't an issue then I'd definitely say go for it! However, I'm a college student and I use this every day because my eyebrows are extremely pale in comparison to the hair on my head. I get this product for about $7.50 and I run out relatively fast so I won't be buying this again until I can actually fit this into my budget.
Anyways, about the product. It's not a weird orange/red color that I usually find with eyebrow pencils. It's basically the perfect color! I like that you twist it to get the product, but I don't like that you can't twist the other way and put the product back in! I feel like you don't get much product though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by kikibug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Personally, my biggest gripe about this product is the formula. It is very creamy, but I feel that it is overally so as an eyebrow pencil. I feel that the creamier an eyebrow pencil is, the more likely it may wipe away, and this is true with Maybelline's Define-A-Brow. I like eyebrow pencils to have more wax, so it takes more strokes to have color begin to show up in your eyebrow.

I do like the packaging and how thin this pencil is, but not the comb at the end. It does not brush out the product to make it look more natural.

I would not purchase this pencil again.. I'll stick with my Wet n Wild eyebrow pencil :)