October 21, 2014 | 2001 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by hollisterkutie

I LOVE this!!!!! It has the perfect light amount of coverage and never never NEVER looks cakey!!! i love it and it is also dome shaped so it will last a long time!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has saved me for the summer. First of all I'm kinda pale (NC20/25) so I was gonna get light/medium & thankfully the Mac artist recommended medium plus at first I balked at the idea I needed such a dark powder. When the girl swatched it for me I was so grateful I didn't order this online! This is a great, I don't wanna say foundation because its really not but it does provide very light coverage. It creates a natural, hence the name, your face but better look. This has been my go to coverage for the summer because I can't stand to put liquid foundation on in the middle of July. I have combo/dry skin normally so I wouldn't wear this in the winter. But for ladies that suffer from oily skin I think this would be a year round solution.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how this works but it just gives you such a perfect flawless finnish. Any kind of imperfection just vanishes. In summer it's enough on it's own on tanned skin, but as a setting powder it works wonders! This will just be a permanent part of my face routine. Works best with a kabuki (182) brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by wuguimei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this to set my foundation and it does the job. A MUA picked this out for me and he said it's used to give your skin a nice healthy glow, which I suppose it does. This really does give my skin a nice "skin-like" finish and doesn't get or look cakey at all. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by colorschemes

The coverage that it provides is amazing, but if you're looking for natural this KIND OF does the trick. If you put on a little too much of this foundation then it looks powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by STARRrocks

lOve lOve lOve, this stuff ...i have it in medium plus..and i use it to set my foundation.. it gives such good coverage and doesnt leave you looking to cakey or anything... also on a day when im in a hurry i spray some fix plus dust this on and it gives me good enough coverage to go out in public..lol

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by apricotmuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too had this picked out by a MUA for me, and was sold on it even though I was only looking for a liquid foundation! Ive been using this for a few months now and I love it. It can be worn on its own, or to set foundation, and gives a nice finish that isnt totally matte and smoothes over your skin. It also looks pretty good in photos, even though its a mineral makeup. I think I probably wouldnt have personally gone for this exact shade, I feel like it could be lighter, though my opinion on that varies from day to day!

I havent experienced any problems with this product breaking up and its been dumped in my handbag a bazillion times, and dropped once, I think. However, the packaging gets a low mark from me because the clear plastic insert popped out the other day. luckily i managed to get it back in, but it gave me a scare. I feel like it could be less bulky too. I appreciate the amount of product I am actually getting, but the size of this thing is that little bit too big to go in smaller makeup bags, and tends to make packing other makeup around it a bit of a bother. Maybe im just picky!

I'd also consider it fairly expensive, but then my idea of expensive makeup is anything above 12!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't like this product. For me, it's a pressed powder with nothing unusual. I don't really see the difference for its "mineralize". I tried to use it a powder to set my foundation, but ended up with caking after several minutes. I also tried to use it as a powder foundation, which is not it designed to be, I supposed. It came to be a better result, I had a "matte finish" look. It caked, at last. I am so disappointed. Beside the fact of that my foundation cakes after few hours and looks terribly cheap, it makes my cheeks itch after drying them out. I think MAC's foundation is something really not for me. This will be the end of my trail to mac's foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ogotham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an NC 35, oily skin type, with pretty sensitive skin. I've tried Studio tech only to have it melt off halfway through the day, and after hearing about Studio Fix being like pore spackle, the MUA at MAC suggested MSFN. He said he wore it every day and his skin looked amazing, then tried the Medium dark on me, and in "MAC Lighting" it looked my color. I tried it on the next morning and noticed it looked like I put on a lot of bronzer... I kind of ditched it for awhile because i didn't like how orange it made me look. And usually I have to keep an eye on my skin to see how foundations affect it, and I never noticed any breakouts because of it. And most people say that it doesn't break them out so that's a plus! But after wanting a pressed powder to throw in my bag to blot with, i went back to MAC and asked the MUA if I should buy Medium Plus and just mix it with Medium Dark, because Medium looked really light in the pan. And he said "You were swatched with Medium Dark? no, you're just a medium plus." I was worried about looking chalky... then looked in "MAC lighting" then in natural lighting and it blended great! So I'm definitely a fan of the coverage and the non-chalky satin finish.
CON: does very little for oil control! I'm going to try out using my Laura Mercier transparent powder over it to set the powder and keep you posted!

Edit: BROKE ME OUT:(
I wanted to love it! I really did. *Sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best finishing powder ever!!!! I love this just makes my skin look absolutely flawless and to die for! it gives just a nice satin sheen to your skin and the color suits my NC40 skin perfectly! It even looks nice on its own (i.e. not over foundation) for those days you just want a little bit of coverage but not a full on face.