July 30, 2014 | 2070 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by colorschemes

The coverage that it provides is amazing, but if you're looking for natural this KIND OF does the trick. If you put on a little too much of this foundation then it looks powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by STARRrocks

lOve lOve lOve, this stuff ...i have it in medium plus..and i use it to set my foundation.. it gives such good coverage and doesnt leave you looking to cakey or anything... also on a day when im in a hurry i spray some fix plus dust this on and it gives me good enough coverage to go out in public..lol

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by apricotmuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too had this picked out by a MUA for me, and was sold on it even though I was only looking for a liquid foundation! Ive been using this for a few months now and I love it. It can be worn on its own, or to set foundation, and gives a nice finish that isnt totally matte and smoothes over your skin. It also looks pretty good in photos, even though its a mineral makeup. I think I probably wouldnt have personally gone for this exact shade, I feel like it could be lighter, though my opinion on that varies from day to day!

I havent experienced any problems with this product breaking up and its been dumped in my handbag a bazillion times, and dropped once, I think. However, the packaging gets a low mark from me because the clear plastic insert popped out the other day. luckily i managed to get it back in, but it gave me a scare. I feel like it could be less bulky too. I appreciate the amount of product I am actually getting, but the size of this thing is that little bit too big to go in smaller makeup bags, and tends to make packing other makeup around it a bit of a bother. Maybe im just picky!

I'd also consider it fairly expensive, but then my idea of expensive makeup is anything above 12!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't like this product. For me, it's a pressed powder with nothing unusual. I don't really see the difference for its "mineralize". I tried to use it a powder to set my foundation, but ended up with caking after several minutes. I also tried to use it as a powder foundation, which is not it designed to be, I supposed. It came to be a better result, I had a "matte finish" look. It caked, at last. I am so disappointed. Beside the fact of that my foundation cakes after few hours and looks terribly cheap, it makes my cheeks itch after drying them out. I think MAC's foundation is something really not for me. This will be the end of my trail to mac's foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ogotham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an NC 35, oily skin type, with pretty sensitive skin. I've tried Studio tech only to have it melt off halfway through the day, and after hearing about Studio Fix being like pore spackle, the MUA at MAC suggested MSFN. He said he wore it every day and his skin looked amazing, then tried the Medium dark on me, and in "MAC Lighting" it looked my color. I tried it on the next morning and noticed it looked like I put on a lot of bronzer... I kind of ditched it for awhile because i didn't like how orange it made me look. And usually I have to keep an eye on my skin to see how foundations affect it, and I never noticed any breakouts because of it. And most people say that it doesn't break them out so that's a plus! But after wanting a pressed powder to throw in my bag to blot with, i went back to MAC and asked the MUA if I should buy Medium Plus and just mix it with Medium Dark, because Medium looked really light in the pan. And he said "You were swatched with Medium Dark? no, you're just a medium plus." I was worried about looking chalky... then looked in "MAC lighting" then in natural lighting and it blended great! So I'm definitely a fan of the coverage and the non-chalky satin finish.
CON: does very little for oil control! I'm going to try out using my Laura Mercier transparent powder over it to set the powder and keep you posted!

Edit: BROKE ME OUT:(
I wanted to love it! I really did. *Sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best finishing powder ever!!!! I love this just makes my skin look absolutely flawless and to die for! it gives just a nice satin sheen to your skin and the color suits my NC40 skin perfectly! It even looks nice on its own (i.e. not over foundation) for those days you just want a little bit of coverage but not a full on face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm soo happy i fianlly got this! i've been eyeing this stuff for awhile and i'm glad i finally decided to try it!. I had been using MAC studio fix powder foundation before and even though i do really like it i wanted to try liquid foundation again and i wanted to try this powder over my liquid foundation. I tried it over a sample i had got from the MAC store of studio fix fluid and i loved the results but..studio fix fluid broke me out :( i then tried this powder over Revlon colorstay founation and it looks awesome!! i just buff this powder with my 183 and use a quick spritz of fix+ and my makeup has been lasting a long time. rave from me! UPDATE: Medium Plus ended up being a bit too dark for me, and it also gave me a slight pinkish cast, that i didn't notice at first, i went back and the mua gave Medium and it looks much better. I was a little concerned because i heard that the Medium has pink undertones, but i havn't noticed any pink tones on my very yellow skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by PrincesssA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I am a hardcore liquid foundation kind of girl. I decided that I should give something lighter a try. This gives you a beautiful finish with decent coverage. I use about one pump of Makeup forever HD foundation and then put the skin finish on top. The result is perfect, luminious skin. And it lasts all day!! It blends in so well and looks perfectly natural. I wish it came with a mirror but other than that I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by valdezc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love MSF!!! I use this to set my foundation and it literally looks like someone has airbrushed my face. The best part about it is that it really does look natural. I use MSF with my kabuki brush and buff away. Makes your skin look so beautiful. It also works well to cover up shine throughout the day especially in your Tzone area. Would recommend this for everyone! Doesn't make me break out one bit and is worth every single penny I spent. Thank you MAC!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

great stuffs........perfect for touch up coz it's not thick with just the right amount of coverage if you already had foundation underneath...........just makes your skin looks more even and smooth but not heavy...................and i like how it stick up in the middle so i won't ended up using the middle up so quickly liked other powders that ends up liked a ring and broke.......but since i use it as a touch up powder it would be really useful if it has a build in mirror so i dun need to hold another mirror while using it................but it's definately i must try for people who loves makeup........