November 22, 2014 | 860 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by AmyE1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this BOGO at Walgreens.....I got the Raisin and the Undeniable Mauve. The raisin is a much better match for me (brown hair green eyes) but both colors are bright and would be great for spring/summer. I haven't found it to be exceptionally long-lasting though it does stay on longer than the normal run of the mill glosses. The drawback- the smell! It smells to me like cheap pipe tobacco. Luckily this fades...overall a pretty good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this gloss in 3 shades--Sangria (a sheer plum), Truffle (a sheer plum-brown), and Raisin (a pinkish-red). My favorite shade by far is Truffle, I wear this shade quite often because it's a nice & natural MLBB color. I love the big doe-foot applicator too, I can dip once and get my whole lip in one motion. So far I really like the Infallible l/g line. All of the glosses are non-sticky, affordable (I got two of them BOGOF for 5.99), and last for hours. I apply in the morning and by midday it's usually faded a bit but it isn't gone, as normal glosses are. I reapply at lunch, eat dinner, drink from my usual water bottle, and my gloss is still on in the evening.

Hmmm as far as smell goes these glosses do have an interesting smell/taste to them. It's kinda vaseline-smelling to me...though I personally don't find it to be nauseating or bothersome. I've definitely had glosses that smelled worse and I had to return them for that reason alone. I'm looking forward to trying a couple more of the Infallible l/g line if I can get another buy one get one free offer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ischade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this gloss. The color is very sheer, I got it in truffle which looks deep pinkey-brown in the tube but it goes on nude with a little shimmer. I actually really like the fruity smell and don't find it medicinal or over-powering at all. It lasts a few hours at most, which for me is fine since most glosses last about five minutes. I will might buy a few more deeper shades when I come across a BOGO.

Edit: I love, love, love this over a lip stain! The problem I have with stains is that they wear off quickly, this dramatically improves the staying time of the stain which adds a bump of color to an otherwise sheer gloss. Also, I think that I may be applying this much more sparingly than some, I don't really goop it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by BlueKitten

I bought Sangria on a whim when my local CVS had a BOGO offer. I normally gravitate toward department store brands, but I'm actually very pleased with the color and quality of this gloss. It gave my lips just the right amount of raspberry color without being overpowering and drawing *too* much attention. Others have complained about the staying power, but I've found it to be quite good. If I apply at 7:30 a.m., it usually lasts until lunch time and doesn't rub off on my coffee mug. The only drawbacks are the smell (which disappears quickly) and the applicator is a bit unwieldy but not bad enough to dissuade me from using it. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and I think I'll use this a ton in the spring/summer months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the shade "Fiery" and, while it looked beautiful on and did, in fact, wear for quite a long time, I ended up returning it. Why? That weird smell. It's not just that I didn't like it; no, every time I tried to wear this, my throat would burn a little and I'd start to wheeze. I've never really had that reaction to a product, but you can be sure I didn't want to make it a habit! P.S. I did find that the Colour Riche gloss in shade "Soft Wine" is very similar to "Fiery", and those glosses do not bother me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by jetfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is advertised as a 6 hour lip gloss. I like the color, (825) I like the applicator, but I did a test run this am, put it on at 8:30, didn't move my mouth for about 15 mins, (wanted to really let it set) drank a cup of tea about an hour later, and yes, my cup had smudge marks, and now, at 9:50, it's gone. 6 hours??? Please.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by NEVERSATISFIED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a so-so product. It has an odd smell (it doesn't smell fruity to me as others have described; it's more medicinal to my nose). The applicator doesn't hold as much product as I would like. It does wear longer than most glosses do, and is only moderately sticky-feeling. I would prefer a more saturated color, though. Think I will try using a liner over the whole lip & then topping it with this gloss. I do prefer this over the long-wearing lipsticks because it is FAR less drying and doesn't give that chalky look midway through the day. Would REALLY prefer a different scent, however. Would only purchase again if they came out with better colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up in Sangria, which is a sheer rose-ish color. This lipgloss is OK. It's a nice color for those times when I'd rather play up my eyes and need something understated on my lips. It smells a bit fruity, but it's nothing too obnoxious. It doesn't stay on for 6 hours, like it claims, but it does seem to last longer than my other lipglosses. It's not too sticky or goopy. All-in-all, it's a pretty good lipgloss ... except for the price. I think $9 is entirely too much for a lipgloss I bought at Wal-Mart. I would like to try other colors in this line, but will wait to do so until someone has a BOGO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in Sunset. A beautiful medium peach tone. Really pretty shade and you get enough peachy color, its not milky or too sheer at all. Really pretty on my NC 30 light olive complexion and went with my fairer friend's coloring too. Although i like the color, it ends there. This does not last at all. I found it to last as long as any other gloss. The color definately faded. I may still have a little moisture left, but the color dies down. The applicator is an odd bendy doe foot applicator. The scent is sickly candy like but fades really quickly. I think the price is most offensive. $10 for drugstore product. Isnt a mac gloss $14 and even less at a CCO? Although i love the color, the price is too steep for an average product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A bought this on sale at CVS on a whim. I figured if i hated it i could return it. I bought it in modern mauve because they didn't have much to choose from in the way of shades (seemed like they had already run out of most). When I tried it on at home i was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it applied. None of that colour juice goopiness. The colour was sheer, yet still pigmented enough to make a difference. My lips looked full, slightly more coloured, and shiny. I let it sit a few minutes and noticed it did get a little tacky, but stayed on much longer than the average lip gloss. I put it on again this morning and decided to try adding another lip gloss on top (color riche lipgloss) to see how the two would blend. They blended wonderfully and the tackiness factor was no longer a problem. The staying power was still very good as well. I think this gloss (at least in this shade) really works ideally as a base for other glosses. I'm looking forward to seeing what it does when blended with lipstick. I can definitely see myself going back to try some other shades once the store is restocked (as long as they're on sale).

There is a doe foot applicator which i'm actually quite fond of. It gives a nice application and is a little different than the usual applicator. The smell is light and pleasant enough, although i notice a slight taste of chemicals once i've been wearing it for a little while (this problem goes away when another gloss is layered on top). It does seem rather pricy for a drugstore brand lipgloss, especially considering how much is in the tube. But, i really only buy DS products when they're on sale anyway.