July 25, 2014 | 972 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lauram11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil makes my 54 old skin feel soft and dewy! I put a couple of drops in my palm, rub it between my hands, and press on my face - then rub in.

I've read all the reviews of how this is expensive - it might seem that way when you buy it, but it lasts forever!
I've also read that other argan oil is much less expensive - but have you smelled it? I have celiac disease and live at health stores, and I've smelled them all. I am extremely sensitive to smell and to ingredients, and wouldn't put something that smelled that bad on my face!

This is an awesome moisturizer! I use it at night and first thing in the morning, after my shower. I am so glad I found this! My skin looks healthy and younger when I use it, and other moisturizers I've tried don't come close.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My review might not carry much weight since I only used a sample of this.
I tried it on the dry ends of my hair (the tiniest amount imaginable) and it was just a greasy stringy mess. I put it on my face one night...didn't wake up to a glow...just felt like oil on my face. I don't get it. I guess it is for the best since I won't have to think of a way to afford it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have problematic skin: sensitive, easily irritated and red, oily t-zone, dry chapped cheeks, prone to cystic acne. my skin loves this oil! i blend it into my other hard to apply products that are too thick. love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Bought travel size from Sephora. Great product, but thete are plenty other brands out there that give you a better value.

PROS:
-made my hair soft, and skin glow.
-for the most part unscented, so it dosent affect your fragrance
-made my retin a flakes non exsistant

CONS:
-thought the consistancy was a little thick and hard to spread in comparison to other brands.
-way too much money, paying for a brand name when you can get more for your money at whole foods or online
-needs a pump, unsanitary

Yes, I am a fan of argan oil, its great stuff and its more than just hype. Just be sure to shop around before you buy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim with an eye toward using it somehow on my hair. Since it's currently almost to my waist and I plan to keep it long, I try to keep it healthy and split-end free.

What I ended up doing is putting my damp hair into two ponytails and rubbing the argan oil from the ends of the hair to about two inches up. (the reason I put in ponytails was to make my hair easier to work with. I took them out immediately after so they're not really an important part of this review!)

After the first time I tried this, the ends of my hair have felt and looked so healthy and smooth! It dries quickly into the hair and never feels greasy. Now I use this after every shampoo; highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pdburns74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a sample of Argan oil from Sephora and ended up taking it back within a week since it made my face breakout and made it even more dry. It got such great reviews and that is why I bought it but it made my skin feel gross. It was not greasy but applied like dry oil (almost like the oil you use to get a tan with). Maybe I should have just used it on my split ends.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jlonghorn2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Still trying to finish my expensive bottle of argan oil, even though i dont love it. Its feels ok to apply and wear when I go to bed, and in the morning, my face looks more hydrated than if I were to have worn nothing at all. However, there are much better moisturizers out there. I love the idea of this product being so natural/chemically clean, but I just dont see any real results or improvements.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kelseyblair

I got this as a sample at Sephora. Ever since I was a teenager, I've had problems with oily skin and acne, but I've continually tried natural products on my skin (with little success or, usually, more breakouts) because I don't really like the idea of slathering preservatives and other chemicals on my body. I had no intention of using this on my face, but I took a recent trip to Haiti and did not want to take regular arsenal of products. I popped this my bag and used it nightly as a moisturizer. Don't know if it was the LACK of the other products or the fact that I wasn't picking and fussing over my face, but by the time I got back, my skin was the best it's ever been: completely clear, even tone, no breakouts. Since I've been home, I've started alternating this with my retin-A at night, and I have no dry patches or flakes. I will definitely continue to use Argan oil, but this product is much too expensive, even though I only use three drops a night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jeharsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love argan oil... didn't broke me out, plumed my skin got rid of my wrinkles, The only reason i'm looking for a dupe it's the price... I wish i was rich and could afford buying it more often. I bought mine mid january and i can see easily running out in about a month 1/2- 3 months TOPS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I finally decided to try this out after reading countless reviews about it. I was getting tired of my skin getting flakey during the winter months. No matter how much moisturizer I applied I still had dry patches/flakes. I like the fact that this product is organic and contains no chemicals. I apply this on my face after washing my face at night with my clarisonic. It does feel oily but it dries in a few minutes. It makes my skin feel really moisturized. I also like the fact that I can use this on my hair and nails as well.