July 31, 2014 | 1346 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by alipie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is my HG. That being said, I have been trying to "break up" with it for some time now. I have been wearing this stuff for about 8 years, most of my adult life... and I want to move on. I don't know how scientifically accurate this is, but I think my skin is addicted to this stuff, I have tried practically every foundation on the market (seriously) and this still looks the best on me after an hour or two, hands down. I'm wondering if over the years your skin begins to crave the ingredients...I don't know, just a thought. Anyway, the finish is very matte, it's not too thick on me, I can see my skin show through, which I like. The best part for me is the lasting power, all day normally, unless it's a really hot day, my skin is combo/oily. It also minimizes pores and fine lines. I usually mix it with MAC strobe cream and the effect is really nice, since I am so tired of the matte look. I would not recommend this for dry or mature skin.
Update: still haven't found anything better, I now mix it with Oil of Olay complete (normal) and that works the best for me to smooth out the texture without adding greasiness

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Larakm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I have oily/combination skin and quite a bit of acne scarring, and from the first day I wore it I had compliments on how great my skin looked! It stays on great and doesn't cause me to break out, which had been a problem with other foundations. Definitely worth the price, it's one of the few items I can't replace with a drugstore brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by MyBuddy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. I have melasma (brown patches) to cover, and this does it all with minimal need of concealer; however, it doesn't feel or look like a makeup mask. I had tried MAC foundations and found they turned orange on me, no matter what color or shade I used. This desert beige looks totally natural on my NC30 skin, with ivory beige in summer. I'll never use another brand of foundation again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2006 12:33:00 PM More reviews by thebestjess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff definitely stays like it promises. i was actually very impressed with the fact that it stayed matte on my oily face for about 4 hours which is a miracle. it gets such a low rating because it broke me out severely on my forehead within one week of using it, although it claims to be non pore-clogging. also, there are no shades for yellow-toned or super warm women, so get samples before buying because i never ended up finding even a close shade match.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by rannia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation because it feels hard and unnatural, like you've got some king of building material on your face. Also i don't like the finish, it's not matte, and the fact that it looks like you're wearing no makeup. I like loooking slightly made up. The notice 'keep away from eyes' is scary too.. EDITING: Another big problem was that i got a shade darker than i should because the light shades were sold out i guess.
Also the finish is indeed matte but not powdery as i like it to be. Anyway, it's not for dry skinned people that's the problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Feels heavy and oily on my face, oxidizes horribly. Has no staying power what so ever. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by AshleyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. Not HG material, but it covers well and the color matches me perfectly (thanks to the MA at Nordstrom!) Anyway, now that its winter, it doesn't suit my skin color so i have drifted to different brands and found that i'm not CRAVING my Double Wear. Not too sure if i'll buy again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

Alright... I'm writing another review for this foundation because my opinion of it has changed slightly over the eight months or so I've been using it. First, let me say that I still love the easy shade selection... It's the first foundation I've ever had that actually seems to match the complicated undertones of my ultra-fair skin. :) A definite plus. However, where it seemed natural to me before, it now sometimes seems cakey and drying. I have combination skin, and this stuff never bothered me at all before. In fact, I used to love when it would "thin out" a bit later in the day because it seemed smoother and more natural. The problem is that I'm pretty sure it's changed the moisture of my face... I find that my chin and the tip of my nose are waaay too dry-looking. I've tried to compensate by changing moisturizers and making sure I put some on before applying my makeup, but I don't think it's helped too much. In the end, I'd say that this product is most effective when used sparingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2005 11:55:00 PM More reviews by mistyprochaska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation provided truly matte, beautiful full coverage. It looked better on than any foundation I have ever used. Sadly, it also made my skin brek out quickly and severly. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2005 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jcyumm

(+) great coverage. especially for t-zone.
(+) it will last all day & night. i might have to powder my nose mid-day to remove any shine. but foundation still stays.

(-) color matching. i never can get this right, even with the help of multiple estee lauder makeup consultants. currently i'm matched because my foundation is a 1/2 shade paler than my overall skin. then i apply 1/2 shade darker pressed powder w/ Smashbox powder brush.

(tips) i actually use LM primer and apply this foundation w/ Smashbox foundation brush to ensure clean even application. continued >>