August 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Claireem

I am now onto my 4th bottle of this product! I have polycystic sydrone which gives me huge spots that I cannot get rid off so I hate my skin. This foundation makes me feel really confident as it covers every last blemish (and trust me my cheeks are caked in spots)and I would have a huge panic if I ran out! It doesnt slide of or rub of (so I can huge my bf all the time!) until you want it to. If you have really bad skin then this will help you feel so much better and ready to face the world.

However it is pricey and doesnt last that long (I do wear it everyday though). Also the glass bottle is useless as you have to tip into your hands which is really annoying and I wish they'd just stick a pump in it! Also as several people have mentioned, whilst in one way its a blessing it doesnt budge in another its a curse to get off- you have to be commited to a good cleansing routine or your skin may get worse. Howver allt his is worth it to cover up my terrible skin. I dream of the day I dont ever need to buy a bottle of foundation again...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2006 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Tlp99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been having hormonally related acne problems lately. I got this to try to cover up my blemishes from that. I am begining to think this is making thinsg worse, and irritating my skin. Yes, it does stay in place well, but I would not recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin. If it doesn't give me an out and out blemish, it leaves small slightly red blotchy spots. Eh, not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by soaring246

excellent

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by 1tinky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing this foundation for four days and it is an HG for me so far. I am a yellow toned, hazel eyed, natural blonde and the shade 02 Sand is perfect. The coverage is medium and it blends and conceals flawlessly my skin hasn't looked so perfect ever! I am 20 yrs old and get the odd breakout and so far this foundation hasn't messed up my skin at all. A bit pricey but the results are worth it on me. I wear this from 6.30 am till 10pm and it stays put with a little moisturizer underneath - I apply with a brush. Now I want to try the double stay concealer. Give this a go if you are after good coverage. It looks so natural - just gorgeous! EDIT: So disappointing after two weeks this has messed with my skin :( Got breakouts. Will still wear for special events & on weekends but will go back to Revlon coourstay natural for work.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2006 6:18:00 AM More reviews by urban_decay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best foundation I've had. It gives great coverage and lasts long. Theres no need to reapply it during the day unless you're going out for the evening. I hava combination skin and I found it can get a bit greasy on the T zone but this is sorted with some pressed powder. Some people say its too thick and heavy but I found it was fine. Yes its thick but a little goes a long way. The only fault I had with it is that it can be a bit pinkish and hard to match up with fake tan. But trial and error by using different samples should help you find the right shade. Definately worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by clover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a terrific heavy coverage foundation. This is by far the best I've tried. It basically completely covers any imperfections and stays put, which is of paramount importance to me. I have very oily, breakout prone skin and this has not broken me out (knock wood) after a few days. With pretty much any other foundation I am an oil slick by the end of the day, heck maybe even after a few hours. This really stays on and controls my oil. I used blot powder only once and that wasn't even really necessary, I'm just so used to doing it. The downsides to this foundation is, of course, the price. You do get a decent sized bottle but the price is $32.50 and that is a bit more than I'd want to spend, even on a product this fabulous. Another downside is it is nearly impossible to remove from my foundation brush. I am debating which I love more because I can't use both this and the brush together. Overall though, very nice foundation and worth the money if you can spare it (and don't go through foundation the way I seem to).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by GirlOnTop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The BEST foundation ever! I've been wearing this everyday for about 3 or so *years* now. I have big pores and since I have rosacea I have pink-red skin, thus I need this coverage which is moderate (though I'd call it full since it fully covers my bad skin!). I would never go out of the house without this stuff and highly recommend this makeup to anyone who has acne, scarring, rosacea, etc. I don't recommend this to someone who has mostly flawless skin and is looking for something light/sheer that barely covers anything. I have really awful skin I would never go out of the house with, however after doing my makeup my skin looks completely even and I am constantly complimented that I'm hot/gorgeous/should be a model-- if only they knew! This is the only product I couldn't live without and only product I'll shout the praises for. I use this along with mac's powder called studio fix and together it provides me with the best coverage I could ask for. This doesn't cause breakouts at all-- oil and fragrance free and non-acnegenic plus SPF 10. In the past for a year or so I wore it everyday AND wore it to bed (not great for your skin, I know) but never had breakouts even from wearing it basically 24/7 for a year. It doesn't melt in heat at all, is pretty darned waterproof, and is great at resisting smudges-- even when it does, it blends well when touched up. I would recommend using a makeup sponge to apply it though as the technique makes all the difference and this one does best when applied that way (maybe why others didn't find good results with the coverage/staying power). You can get good disposable sponges at Longs for cheap. I strongly recommend trying this, as it is really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by alalia86

I love this foundation...I won't use anything else. It covers up my redness almost entirely, blends easily, doesn't turn orange on me, and I can always find a color to match. I've never been able to find another foundation that offers such full coverage but doesn't look fake or caked on. Oh, and it lasts all day...another plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by alipie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is my HG. That being said, I have been trying to "break up" with it for some time now. I have been wearing this stuff for about 8 years, most of my adult life... and I want to move on. I don't know how scientifically accurate this is, but I think my skin is addicted to this stuff, I have tried practically every foundation on the market (seriously) and this still looks the best on me after an hour or two, hands down. I'm wondering if over the years your skin begins to crave the ingredients...I don't know, just a thought. Anyway, the finish is very matte, it's not too thick on me, I can see my skin show through, which I like. The best part for me is the lasting power, all day normally, unless it's a really hot day, my skin is combo/oily. It also minimizes pores and fine lines. I usually mix it with MAC strobe cream and the effect is really nice, since I am so tired of the matte look. I would not recommend this for dry or mature skin.
Update: still haven't found anything better, I now mix it with Oil of Olay complete (normal) and that works the best for me to smooth out the texture without adding greasiness

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Larakm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I have oily/combination skin and quite a bit of acne scarring, and from the first day I wore it I had compliments on how great my skin looked! It stays on great and doesn't cause me to break out, which had been a problem with other foundations. Definitely worth the price, it's one of the few items I can't replace with a drugstore brand.