October 2, 2014 | 1848 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2003 4:27:00 AM More reviews by angeluv81

Wow, this product is wonderful!!! I have used a lot of foundations, but this one is the best that I have used so far on my combination skin. I have oily t-zones and a relatively clear smooth skin, except for some acne scars on the chin. This foundation can be a bit drying for the dry skin, but if you moisturize your face well before application, it will be fine. I think it might be a bit drying for winter, though. But overall, it is fantastic. I am using Sand, and it looks quite yellow, but when you apply it, it is at least a shade lighter. The staying power is awesome, and there's virtually no need for touch-up, except for a little blot of powder on the nose to eliminate that mid-day shine. Overall, fantastic! I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2003 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lanilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I rreally liked this foundation. My mom bought it and i sneaked in and used it. Much better than my drugstore brand. THe color is fabulous, it looks really natural, but the price Yikes!! I would love to buy it for myself --but the price is a little scary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2003 12:05:00 AM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall this is a very good long-lasting foundation that looks natural, and feels natural, with great coverage that's easy to spread too... however!!! The color selection here's quite pitiful... I went through the color matching consultation with the MAs 3 times!!! And finally decided there IS no color match for me in the range... what a bummer!!! Most of the colors are way too red/orangey... Sand is veryyy yellow... but was TOO yellow and a bit too light for me which really made me look like a walking mask!!! I now am back to my trusted Revlon Colorstay... and when comparing the two... found that Colorstay actually lasted LONGER without Double Wear's cracking up and breaking through after a few hours on my oily oily skin!!! So see ya to Double Wear!!! I'm back to my holy grail Colorstay with less than half the price tag too!!! How can you not love that?!? :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2003 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Holisticgirl

I have to say this foundation is amazing! I have blotchy, acne prone sensitive skin and have searched high and low for a good coverage natural looking foundation that would not cause breakouts. This is it! It covers well, blends naturally and the best part is I can go all day without applying powder or touching up. It lasts at least 8-10 hours and still looks like I just applied it. It also has SPF 10 which is great. I would not recommend it for dry skin. It's great for acne prone skin since it is oil free and provides great coverage. You can try a sample at the counter, and I definitely recommend applying the foundation to find a right shade before buying since I purchased "Linen" which was too light but the "Dusk" shade is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2003 9:21:00 AM More reviews by srftmk

I have been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear on and off for about 5 years. I say on and off because I have no brand loyalty. I'm always on the search for the "perfect" foundation. This comes as close to that criteria as anything else I've ever tried. It covers beautifully and last all day. I use Fresco during winter and Dusk during the summer months. I apply this with a foundation brush because it helps control how heavily you apply it. Believe me, a little goes a long way. I only have to buy 2 bottles a year it lasts so long. Since it costs $30 a bottle, I'm glad I don't have to buy it more often. My skin is a tad bit on the oily side and this provides wonderful oil control! No matter what I've tried in the past I always come back to Double Wear. Maybe I should stop looking around and be happy with what I've found!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by akumahime

This is my FAVORITE foundation! I love it! It goes on soooo smooth. Never looks cakey and the coverage is absolutely amazing. It covers anything. A little goes a long way and the color actually matches my skin. I use the dusk shade. Some foundations are too pinky or orangy but this one is very neutral and doesn't leave that makeup line near the chin. I just adore it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2003 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Wendy_S

This is my HG foundation!! I've used EL's Equalizer, which I liked, but didn't last on my oily skin. This one works wonders for me. I blend a few colors depending on the time of year, but I always end up happy. It goes on fairly thick and I don't like a made-up look, so I'm very careful with the application. As long as I just use a small amount, it covers extremely well without looking caked on...however, even when I apply it heavily, I have to get close to the mirror to see an unnatural finish. In the summer, I need other mattifying products to stay totally grease-free, but this is the best foundation I've found (and I've tried my share). I'm in my 20's and Estee Lauder isn't really considered a trendy "cool" brand...but the quality of their makeup is generally well above average. I would suggest this to anyone. *edited* I read a few other reviews after posting mine and they mentioned breakouts. I have been using this foundation for around 6 months and EL foundation for over a year. I have oily skin that isn't acne prone...I've never had any problems with this causing breakouts. I do get the occasional blemish, but I've been that way since puberty. I don't think it's at all related to this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2003 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tamstrat

I really love this foundation. It goes on smoothly and truly does last all day long. It has a matte finish and provides excellent coverage. If you want a sheer, light foundation, this would not be the foundation for you. I highly recommend if you want a long wearing, medium coverage, matte finish to your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2003 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MAClovah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives fantastic coverage, and doesn't slide off my face 4 hours after being applied in a hot, humid summer like most foundations do. I agree that the colour selection is quite limited, but i was lucky to find a good match in Bone. The staying power is amazing; even my husband complimented my skin when i first tried it, and he saw it 14 hours after application! I don't have to use concealer when i wear this, and just a small amount gives great coverage when applied with a foundation brush. I will probably not use it in the winter when my skin is much drier, but until then, this is my new favourite foundation! yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 2:31:00 AM More reviews by casperdiesel93

This foundation does give a good coverage but is very mask-like. It does seep into all your pores and fine lines. I am thirty two and find that the foundation is quite aging.