Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 12/21/2003 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Double Matte SPF 15 - I use the color Warm Sand for my medium asian skin. It's my HG foundation, but unfortunately, it's being discontinued (the first color to go is my Warm Sand, also the best-selling color. go figure!) I was told Ideal Matte will replace it, so read my review on that. I highly recommend Double Matte for the oiliest skin like mine (think 2-3 full sheets of Clean&Clear blotters per day.) I love the SPF 15 and the fact that it's non-acnegenic (you won't find many products with such label.) A little goes a long way so it's good for its price. I wear this everyday and a bottle lasts me a year, if not more. I'm on my 3rd bottle now and bought a 4th since it's discontinued.

on 12/10/2003 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this now, while I am searching for another foundation. Here I am at 8 hours after applying and I can see my red skin come through. I use the double matte in the summer occasionally and do not have this problem. Goes on nice, overall it is just ok.

on 12/4/2003 1:31:00 PM

This product could be fantastic, but I never got to find out because I let the witch behind the counter decide for me which shade best matched my skin. Instead of being honest and telling me that actually none of them did, she sold me something so horrendous that when I saw it in daylight I nearly cried. After years of laughing to myself when I saw women walking along with their face one colour and their neck six shades lighter I realised that suddenly I was one of them. I think talking about it is giving me post traumatic stress disorder.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that a company as big, powerful (and expensive) as Estee Lauder should know that of all the billions of women in the world, the limited range of shades available in this makeup couldn't possibly be enough for there to be one to suit everyone. Don't encourage them any more by buying this stuff !

on 12/2/2003 5:46:00 AM

Thank you, thank you, Estee Lauder! I love you for Double Wear and Double Matte!Double Wear is a goddess-send for fellow Asian girls with oily-combo skin. If you have dry patches all over, it's not for you. But long-lasting yet non-masky look is your goal, you gotta have it. continued >>

on 11/29/2003 4:26:00 AM

I really really love this foundation, I have combination/oily skin and this feels so nice, some foundations feel yucky on my skin but this feels so natural like there is nothing there at all, it gives a nice natural coverage and it lasts and lasts, unlike some I've tried which just sort of disappear after a couple of hours!!
Edited to say that although I love this, again I couldn't find a perfect shade for my skin, such a shame.

on 11/27/2003 4:27:00 AM

Wow, this product is wonderful!!! I have used a lot of foundations, but this one is the best that I have used so far on my combination skin. I have oily t-zones and a relatively clear smooth skin, except for some acne scars on the chin. This foundation can be a bit drying for the dry skin, but if you moisturize your face well before application, it will be fine. I think it might be a bit drying for winter, though. But overall, it is fantastic. I am using Sand, and it looks quite yellow, but when you apply it, it is at least a shade lighter. The staying power is awesome, and there's virtually no need for touch-up, except for a little blot of powder on the nose to eliminate that mid-day shine. Overall, fantastic! I hope they never discontinue it.

on 11/24/2003 10:57:00 AM

I rreally liked this foundation. My mom bought it and i sneaked in and used it. Much better than my drugstore brand. THe color is fabulous, it looks really natural, but the price Yikes!! I would love to buy it for myself --but the price is a little scary.

on 11/13/2003 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Overall this is a very good long-lasting foundation that looks natural, and feels natural, with great coverage that's easy to spread too... however!!! The color selection here's quite pitiful... I went through the color matching consultation with the MAs 3 times!!! And finally decided there IS no color match for me in the range... what a bummer!!! Most of the colors are way too red/orangey... Sand is veryyy yellow... but was TOO yellow and a bit too light for me which really made me look like a walking mask!!! I now am back to my trusted Revlon Colorstay... and when comparing the two... found that Colorstay actually lasted LONGER without Double Wear's cracking up and breaking through after a few hours on my oily oily skin!!! So see ya to Double Wear!!! I'm back to my holy grail Colorstay with less than half the price tag too!!! How can you not love that?!? :D

on 11/1/2003 11:08:00 PM

I have to say this foundation is amazing! I have blotchy, acne prone sensitive skin and have searched high and low for a good coverage natural looking foundation that would not cause breakouts. This is it! It covers well, blends naturally and the best part is I can go all day without applying powder or touching up. It lasts at least 8-10 hours and still looks like I just applied it. It also has SPF 10 which is great. I would not recommend it for dry skin. It's great for acne prone skin since it is oil free and provides great coverage. You can try a sample at the counter, and I definitely recommend applying the foundation to find a right shade before buying since I purchased "Linen" which was too light but the "Dusk" shade is great.

on 10/27/2003 9:21:00 AM

I have been using Estee Lauder's Double Wear on and off for about 5 years. I say on and off because I have no brand loyalty. I'm always on the search for the "perfect" foundation. This comes as close to that criteria as anything else I've ever tried. It covers beautifully and last all day. I use Fresco during winter and Dusk during the summer months. I apply this with a foundation brush because it helps control how heavily you apply it. Believe me, a little goes a long way. I only have to buy 2 bottles a year it lasts so long. Since it costs $30 a bottle, I'm glad I don't have to buy it more often. My skin is a tad bit on the oily side and this provides wonderful oil control! No matter what I've tried in the past I always come back to Double Wear. Maybe I should stop looking around and be happy with what I've found!

Video Reviews & Tutorials