July 22, 2014 | 2088 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sabine

i'm so bummed cuz i wanted to LOVE this. i was looking forward to it hitting the stores for months ("forever" - no pun intended!) and bought it immediately when i saw it. the coverage is GREAT and a little goes a long way, but 1.5 hours later and you're an oily mess! i don't even have oily skin (it's combo at worst). i was so disappointed. i tried applying it so many different ways/methods/setting powders/primers and alwyas ended up with eth same result - oily mess. glad it's working for everyone else, though! must say that packaging is quite sleek and color options are superb, however!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was SO excited to pick this up. I've read great reviews on it, and thought there was NO way I could go wrong with it. Wrong wrong wrong. The color match was dead on, and I appreciate that (!!) because I am very fair but have yellow undertones, not pink, and apparently that is uncommon because almost no other makeup line has something that's fair enough and also yellow-based. So one lippie for that. But the foundation itself was terrible. It applied nicely with my foundation brush, and I was able to blend it well. But it looked terrible!! It just sort of sat there. After a few minutes I noticed it had 'set' some, but most of it had clung to my pores making it look like I had a million little foundation dots on my face! And I used it over a primer, and it just looked cakey-very unnatural. It provided almost no coverage for a couple of blemishes I had and it accentuated the few flakes I had (I didn't know were there til I had applied this). Maybe it would be good for stage makeup or costume makeup, but not for daily wear. I gave it another lippie for the fantastic pump dispenser. Very hygienic and user-friendly. Maybe I'll give it another shot, but only because everyone else seems to really love it...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by xoxo1598

i LOVE this foundation. after failed attempts with MAC foundations i decided to try this one. it goes on smooth and gives me that "glowy/dewy" look. i wear it over Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Primer (which I also highly recommend) and finish it off with Make Up Forever's HD Loose Powder. I've received soo many compliments over the past few days and will update in a couple weeks if there are any changes. I highly recommend this product if you want a natural look with medium/full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by SandraBonita

I LOVE this new foundation and I am so glad I decided to try this based on a recommendation from Sephora and Kim Kardashian's how to videos on her website. As you will read from my other product reviews I have tried every high end foundation on the market. I am always looking for the next best thing in foundations. Although my beloved La Prairie caviar foundation will always be near and dear to my heart, my dermatologist asked me to switch to an oil free foundation. I am also a fan of Make Up Forever's face and body foundation, I tend to use that product up really fast in one month. Thanks to my error in applying it with a sponge applicator since it is so fluid. By far, this is MUF's best foundation to date! I love the hygiene friendly pump container. All you need is exactly two pumps for phenomenal coverage. The color match 125 was absolutely perfect for me. I use it underneath Laura Mercier's oil free foundation primer and also use the high definition loose powder with it. Although I have two fabulous foundation brushes I reluctantly applied it with a kabuki brush after seeing Kim Kardashian's make up video. I was surprised and impressed by the coverage. Who would have known you can apply liquid foundation with a kabuki brush!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best liquid foundation ever! They have all the colors of the rainbow, just about. I'm sure if you were a red person you could find a match. I wear this in #178 and put the HD loose powder on after it. It stays, does not transfer easily to clothing or my boyfriend's shirt and it looks like I have nothing on. If I could only get my oily skin under control I would have nothing to worry about. Just flawless skin. I love that it is a pump dispenser. I use one pump for my entire face and use the sephora stippling brush, not a foundation brush, though I plan to try that route. Shocking, I know (and I don't have incredible skin, either). It is expensive as hell but with one pump used a day, I don't see myself ever running out. Buy some!
**UPDATE** 11/08/2008
I have since tried MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and it is my HG. I will use this for night, but it does nothing to control my oil production. Studio Fix Fluid does, has an SPF and matches me perfectly in nw45. It is perfect but I cannot bring myself to take any lippies off because this foundation does exactly what it says it does. It just doesn't control oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Blondie4445

I tried this foundation today for first time, I will be returning this foundation to sephora, I was cakey on my face, and was very oily looking. I usually only have a small amount of Oil in the t-zone area and this makeup made my face look extremely oily. I will be going back to the MUFE Matte plus! It is perfect coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am 42 and a Bare Escentuals user for years. I never thought I'd try another foundation.

I went to Sephora after seeing the ad and was matched to #153. I was a little heavy handed the first week I put this on, using more than 1 pump, however it gave me nice coverage. I since have cut down and learned to blend this in well so that it's really natural.

I recently attended my sister's wedding and was photographed professionally, i have to say, my skin was flawless! I looked 5 years younger.

I didnt buy the HD powder, I have been using with my mineral veil from Bare Escentuals. It works nicely. Maybe next purchase i will buy the HD powder too.

Like this, will definitely continue to use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by t0kyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually go on this site just to find products, but I like this foundation so much that I thought it was worth being my first review. First off, the color is blends in really well with my skin, which is a first for me (color 153). I've used plenty of foundations from mac to smashbox to estee lauder.. and the list goes on. Its a must to use a moisturizer or primer first, or else I believe the foundation will look streaky. I use this product with a sponge and it blends pretty well. I agree--using a foundation brush looks pretty horrible as the brush tends to leave streaks and the foundation stays on the bristles. The coverage is pretty great (medium/full coverage) and is by far best foundation that has covered my acne scars. The only reason why I give it 4 stars instead of five is because i broke out JUST a little bit.. It's not too bad but I think it could possibly be from the lack of sleep. Well my best suggestion is to try a sample! And by the way, I payed $40, not $70 as i read some reviewers had payed. $40 is still a little expensive, but to me, its worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by BElurve

I was so excited to try this foundation, but it really let me down. The one good thing about it is the color range the 125 shade was a perfect match for me and you could not tell that I was wearing foundation. But as far as the coverage goes, I was not impressed. I did not think it covered all that great. I found myself using way more concealer afterwards than I normally do with Bare Esentuals foundation. The clincher for me to return it though was that it made me break out. I wore it for 5 days and had a bunch of breakouts. So I returned it back to Sephora. And it is so expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MUFE make up, but i really hated this foundation. ive been using the mat plus for a while now and the powder foundation and was pleased. but when i saw this which was new i had to try it. im an NC 42 44 and i bought the 153, the color was perfect but i hated the finish, its more sheer than the mat, and it just didnt look right. my face was oily 5 minutes after i put it on, i dont know what the difference is between the two foundations but ill stick with the mat, i do like the pump of the HD though..