August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by munchlaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! It feels light (unlike mat velvet and other MUFE foundations), but has enough coverage to cover any redness or imperfections I might have.
I use one squirt, spot apply it with my fingers, and then blend with a powder brush. It gives me a nice airbrushed look that's not entirely matte, and not entirely dewy, just a very natural finish.
The color selection is pretty nice, and it's one of the few brands that's got light warm undertone foundations as well as cool ones. As with almost all MUFE foundations, if you have a darker skin tone you should have no trouble finding a shade that matches.

I'm 117 (warm/light), if it helps at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by roxxylynn

I really loved the way this foundation looked on my skin ......but after about 3 days my face looked like a mountain range .......bumps everywhere .....this has something in it that really set my skin off ( talc, mica ??....sephora/ingredients.....not good for some with acne /prone skin )

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. Previously to this, I was using LM Oil Free liquid foundation. The reason that attracted me first to MUFE HD was the fact that it was camara friendly. I live in LA and am a working actor, so I needed something that I could wear all the time without appearing like a ghost.

Another aspect that I loved is the selection of colors. I like that when I go into Sephora, below the foundation display is a poster board of different women wearing the foundation, which helped me to select the best shade possible. Shade 120 (which featured an Asian), is my best match because it is more yellow toned and for light-medium skin tones.

This foundation at first glance looks like it'll come out really thick, but that is not the case. ONE PUMP is enough of the whole face, if you're using 2 or more pumps, then you're wearing too much of this stuff. I put one pump on the back of my hand and then spot apply on my forehead, nose, each cheek and chin, and then I blend.

This foundation doesn't cover everything, but I have noticed that it helps to blur imperfections so that you or anyone else doesn't notice them as easily.

The creamy consistency of this foundation also makes it easy to blend (unlike LM Oil Free liquid, which has a drier blending process).

This is a definate repurchase for me, even though with one pump a day, i'm sure this will last me AT LEAST 6 months (probably more).

For reference I wore LM Oil Free Liquid in Sandy Beige, Nars Barcelona, MAC NC30, and now MUFE HD in 120.

ONE OF THE BEST! HG Status! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Kizzes

I got this as a sample. My color is #125 and this foundation gives you a dewy soft look. Blends easily, isn't thick which gives you a nice comfortable feeling. It really makes u look fresh.

Might get the full size one but am going to try the Lift Liquid foundation first to compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by genabobena

[For reference, I'm NC 35-40, HD 155]
After using this foundation for almost 2 months, I think it's safe to say this is now my HG! I have the epitome of combination skin (not only am I oily & acne-prone, but I'm on RAM which has caused severe redness, dryness, & flaky patches). This is wonderful; I love that it's medium to full coverage & masks my flaws but it is not heavy, thick or cakey whatsoever. I also love that it's not matte. Even though I can be oily, I don't like the completely matte finishes of most medium/full coverage foundations. And the best news, even though I'm acne prone, this hasn't caused any new breakouts! I also like to packaging, I do prefer my foundations w/a pump since it's more hygenic, the product lasts longer b/c it's not exposed to air & bacteria, & I find I waste less product (just 2 pumps covers my entire face). I will definitely buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I've been using this off and on for a few weeks. I use shade 115 and it's not as light as I was assuming - about equivalent to NW20 in MAC, darker than Blush Ivory in LM's Oil Free (my regular, mixed with a little Warm Ivory). I don't have any skin reactions to this foundation (breakouts, red bumps) that I sometimes can get from some foundations (like mineral foundations and LM's Silk Creme). The coverage is medium but you can apply in a thin layer and add another layer if you need more coverage. Also, the full coverage concealer is a very good complement to this foundation. I have it in shade "4" and it's about the same intensity, just a bit more ivory and less pink than the foundation. The finish is not matte, but not dewy either, I'd say it's natural. The finish stays nice (doesn't turn shiny) all day. I have no problems removing this with Ponds makeup remover wipes. Staying power is very good with this one - doesn't come off when you touch your face.

Update: I found that this was causing small bumps on my forehead.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Enigmaa

I really wanted to like this but it is just not for me. It failed to provide great coverage yet it looks heavy on the skin at the same time. I'm used to having a lot to cover because my skin isn't so great, so I've used many medium to full coverage foundations before. But this one just "sat" there on my skin and looked terrible in photos. Doesn't do a thing for smoothing out the texture of your skin.

I chose the color 110 for my very pale, neutral skin (N3 in MAC Studio Fix). It was a bit pink but was a decent match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It gives me an really nice satin finish and covers really well with layering. It has a smooth texture that doesn't cake up. I like that it looks 'natural' but still provides coverage. It also doesn't break me out. I did have a hard time finding the correct shade. I would try something and eh, it worked but didn't look quite right- the tone, shade was slightly off. I am a MAC NC35- for referacne which is not even 100% true match for me, just close.
I was matched with
120 (for medium light skin with yellow undertones) - which was a little too light and look funny- too yellow?
127( medium skin with yellow undertones) - shade was fine but again it looked a little off- yellow?
125 (for light skin with beige undertones)- still off, looks ok, it could pass but maybe a bit beige
130 (for medium light skin with beige pink undertones) - shade was fine- but off too beige/pink and looked funny
155( for medium skin with dark beige undertones) - way too dark and the color was off.
Then my DH commented my skin tone was a little olive toned. Never thought on my skin tone that way but all the other color's I have tried were too beige, pink or yellow. I finally tried out 123 which is described as for light skin with olive undertones and it was a 100% perfect match. I looks really good, matches my neck and chest, makes my skin look normal- without any off tones- Again no one ever picked that shade for me and I never thought of myself with olive undertones. I remember getting matched at the MAC counter and being steered away from the C shades because the MA insisted I was more golden beige than yellow olive. Maybe it's becuase I am asian and evevyone asumes my skin tone is more beige/yellow/warm?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am brand new to Make Up Forever, just recently tried some of their products. Iíve been looking for a good foundation (again) and so far, I really love the Make Up Forever foundations. I have tried both Face and Body, and also the HD Invisible Foundation. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!
Here is my take on this product:

Consistency: The consistency of the HD Invisible Cover Foundation is a thick liquid, no lumps. Texture is smooth and silky. Glides right on and I blend it in with my fingers. Very pleasant to apply, feels almost like a liquid to powder finish. A little goes a long way. Very little is needed to cover well.

Coverage: Buildable, smooth and flawless. Natural looking finish, does not feel dry or tight. Glides on like a second skin. Feels light and moisturizing. FYI- I do always wear a primer (Cargo Blu-Ray HD Mattifier) - not sure if this makes any difference in the application process or staying power, but thatís just my routine.

Colors: Many shades to choose from. But they have a weird color numbering system which seems to make no sense to anyone but them! I am NC or NW 20 / 25 (winter / summer) and the color I was matched to is Dark Sand #127. Most women can probably find more than 1 shade as a match since these really blend in and melt right into the skin.

Staying Power: Excellent. I donít know if this is water resistant. But it holds up very well on hot humid days (the middle of summer in NJ). Foundation looked fresh at the end of the day. I do not use powder to set, but they have an HD Powder as part of this product line, which I did not buy. Itís probably not necessary for me but my skin is combination in T-zone, dry everywhere else. I sometimes use BE Mineral Veil but I still have so much of it as I hardly ever use it, I probably will not purchase the powder.

Price- Yes, it is a bit high, but Iíve used other high end foundations such as DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Foundation, which cost just about the same, but in my opinion, the HD Invisible Cover is a superior product to most others and I have tried many Ė High end, lower end and in between. I also love the MUF Face & Body.

Packaging- Nice simple pump bottle. What more can a girl ask for?

Scent: There is a light scent, does not bother me at all. I can't describe it, itís not unpleasant. It dissipates quickly. I do not smell it at all after I put it on. Those with extremely sensitive noses may want to try a sample first.

Summary:
This is another excellent foundation from MUF. It did not break me out, but I am not usually prone to that. My skin is normally on the drier side, but this does not emphasize any flakey bits on me. Hopefully, it will be just as good in the dead of winter when my skin turns into petrified flaky mess... LOL. For those with very sensitive skin, you may want to try a sample first. Very happy with this foundation! Definite re-purchase for me. HG status along with the MUF Face & Body Foundation (see my review on that one, too)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by luv4taffy

My friend recommended the Velvet Matte foundation, went to Sephora got a sample and tried it while I liked it and was about to purchase the full size the lady in Sehora advised me it was alittle to drying for me because it was made for more oily skin. She then showed me the HD foundation and I am soooooooooooooo loving it. I have been wearing mineral makeup for about 3 years now and wanted to switch to liquid for the colder months. This foundation is awesome. I was matched to color 128 and while I was afraid it was going to be too dark it was a perfect match. I have not used a concealer with this product and it has covered my imperfections and lasted all day. I have a few brken capilaries on the side of mynose and it does a great job of covering them up. It does not feel heavy on the face and alittle goes a long way. I uses my Everyday Minerals flat top brush to apply. I pump the foundation on the back of my hand tap the brush in the foundation and tap on my face and then blend. It goes on beautifully and evenly this way. (trick I learned from watching Kim Kardashian) It is pricey at about $40.00 but I am so happy with it that I would buy it again...also the trick I learned with this foundation is to apply it before your moisturizer completely drys. Ladies I defintely think that this is worth you trying. If you are lucky enought to be by a Sephora stop in let them match you and ask for a sample to take home and try.

Oooops forgot to tell you this stuff does a great job of minimizing pores.
Loving it!