July 28, 2014 | 1049 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by cinnamongirl46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip balm. I use it every night before I go to bed, under lipstick and also to keep my lips kissable and not gunked with lipstick when my BF and I are staying home for romance. I love the minty taste and so does he. Have used this stuff for years and am never out of it. I have never noticed it making my lips dry because of the peppermint oil in it. I am also glad Burts Bees is now making one with spf, that was my only beef before was that they didn't have a lip balm with spf for summer sunshine time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by nisey_nyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this little yellow tube of minty moisture! The texture is great (not as emollient as Chap-Stick) and the mintiness is a treat! Will definitely purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm works well on my lips. However, I find the peppermint tingle in this product extremely strong and extremely annoying. All in all, this product works fine, but I do not like it as much as Carmex. In fact, I would only repurchase Burt's Bees if Carmex was out of stock...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Leadcrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised so many people say this dries their lips! I love this product! It's cooling, moisturizing, and addictive to apply. It's all natural and makes my lips very soft. This isn't good for someone who doesn't like that "tingling" feeling when they apply products. I personally love it. I always use it. Other lip balms just don't do the trick.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by asdlkj121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

worked great for the first few days.. later on, it started irritating them.. i think it's the menthol or something. idk, but my lips look horrible now. creases, peeling, eww.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think I'm addicted to Burt's Bees because I can't stop reapplying it! I love the smell and the cool feeling you get on your lips. Yes, it's a little pricey but it makes my lips feel soft and supple. Would buy again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this balm as it is highly rated everywhere.But it came as a disappointment to me. I actually don't usually have chipped lips, living in a humid weather like this in Southeast Asia...but I like to wear a layer of lip balm before I go to bed so that I wake up to soft lips. Burt's bee is far less than moisturising enough, even in this hot weather! It is dry, doesn't slide on easily, and need constant reapplication.I do like the lipstick design though, for it is easier to apply and doesn't involve fingers. I also like the fact that it's not made of petroleum like other balms. But then, I don't think I will purchase again as it does not do any wonders to my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lisasurf1

just a OK lip balm, did whatever other lip balm/salves do, a little bit overpriced.

Update March 2010: I like the minty flavor so much I am on my fifth now....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great lipbalm! Love it and use it all the time. I love that it is natural and safe to use so my conscience is clear and my lips are smooth and soft at the same time. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love it. great stuff. not drying, makes my lips nice and soft and smooth. i even got my sister, mother and father to use it now!

not fond of the menthol in it though. i've heard menthol causes drying, but i haven't had that problem--just don't' like the taste so much.

EDIT 3/13/07: OH NOOO! I ahd a bit of a cold last week and from blowing my nose my upper lip got chapped. I slicked some of this on (I never have chapped lips, so I've never come across this before, but...) it STUNG SOOO BAD!

DO NOT USE ON CHAPPED LIPS. Holy Crap it hurt like hell, and I have a high tolerance for pain.