October 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by tropicalebabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the tingly feeling on my lips when i put it on, and even though it fades and comes off, it still left my lips moisturized and it didnt dry them out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually started getting addicted to this balm for a while, unfortunately it was b/c I HAD to keep reapplying it. The tingling sensation is nice, but I guess manufacturers don't realize that peppermint oil will actually dry out your skin and lips. This is why it doesn't really moisturize. I would try the new honey flavored one b/c beeswax is supposed to be really good for you, but the peppermint oil just dries out my lips and my lips crack when using this for too long.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by codliveroil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this, I really liked it. I liked the light texture, the tingling pepperminty feeling when I slicked it on, and it seemed to smooth and soothe my lips immediately after I put it on. But, it didn't seem to stay on for a long time, and it's good effects would never last either. During the short time I used it, when I wasn't constantly applying it, my lips would start to crack and bleed. Anyway, I ended up losing it a week or two after I had bought it, and my lips are no longer cracked and bleeding. I'm sure it works great for some, but there was something in it that did not agree with my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by hempie311

FREAKIN LOVE THIS!! this is the only chapstick i have ever used religiously for a substantial amount of time. i love it...its so addicting. i buy a tube like every month...and the price is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by chaachawuman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too over rated. I perfer Softlips.. I have to re apply the beeswax way too often since it dries out fast..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lilsuziesunshine

I love the way this lip balm feels. It doesn't leave any weird residue on my lips and I do feel a need to put it on constantly. My problem with the balm is that it is the only thing I use on my lips (I do not wear lipstick or anything) and I get blackheads around my lips and I think it is due to this balm. I still use it because I really haven't found anything I like as well that doesn't do the same thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lilpritch04

This product feels great going on, but I must say that I had to use it all the time, so therefore I don't think it was doing it's job. If I didn't use it every 15-30 minutes, my lips felt dry and chapped all over again. I love the tingle factor, but I like to buy products that do their job well. I have since switched to Aveda Lip Savers, which I only need to apply 3-4 times a day during the coldest of MN winter days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by xdivinedollx

My HG for sure. I have 3 of them, one on my nightstand, one in my car and one in my purse. I love the soothing and tingling effect, makes my lips feel sooo good. I put it on EVERY night before bed and wake up with smooth supple moisturized lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 1:57:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I like the tingling of the peppermint, personally, but that's about the only thing this lip balm has that my other standard balms lack. It doesn't apply as smoothly, and it doesn't do anything amazing for my lips. It's a good lip balm, but not one I would absolutely die without. I might repurchase when I run out of this one, but I keep several different balms in my rotation (for some reason, I think I have to have one within reach at all times), so it could take awhile before I need another.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaKaleiwahea

i lost this stuff so i only used it for a couple days and it did not reduce chapness at all [maybe just a tad bit]. i'm wondering if i applied it too much?!? i do want to find it and try it again...smells like a candy cane and it's pretty emollient.