Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 5/19/2007 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this balm with a PASSION! I put it on every night before I go to bed, when I wake up and go to school, during the day, after the dentist...you name it! I ALWAYS apply it and I love it so much! I never have chapped lips because of it. Not to mention it's not animal tested...what a plus :D !! I def recommend this, there's no other lip balm that's better. Not even chapstick :)

on 5/16/2007 8:29:00 PM

I have about for tubes of this stuff going at all times...in my purses, bathroom and car. I just can't live without it. Sometimes I even wear it under my lipgloss, just as a base. I need some right now...brb =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not very moisturizing and it smells like a cheap mint. Will not repurchase.

on 5/15/2007 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this lip balm. I've been a cherry chapstick girl forever and I've tried others before and always went back to chapstick. But then I tried this and I have converted. This makes my lips soft and it seems like I don't have to apply this over and over like other balms/chapsticks.

on 5/15/2007 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am very picky about my lipbalms but I keep coming back to burt's bees beeswax lip balm. The menthol in the lip balm actually soothes my lips and prevents me from wanting to further "wetting" and licking my lips. The beeswax is nourishing and leaves my lips soft.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I always keep a tube of this around. It makes my lips very soft and smooth. I have recently tried it with Bare Escentuals (dipping it in them for lip color) and it works very well with them too. I bought it for just over $2 and one tube lasts a long time.

on 5/14/2007 7:47:00 AM

I love the peppermint smell!! But its not very moisturizing...I'll buy it again just for the smell though

on 5/11/2007 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Having been an avid user of Carmex for the past 10 years, I decided it's high time I gave up this petroleum-based product and go for something less toxic and more natural. I decided upon this lip balm, and I'm really liking it. Once a year I'll get the typical coldsore or two from stress or change of weahter, like a lot of people get, and I'm hoping that this product will help aid in those times because I'd really hate to go back to Carmex for it, as Carmex is the only product I've ever used that helped get rid of coldsores quick/keeping them at bay. I'll wait and see, I guess, and if that happens then I'll try to remember to post that into my review here. Either way, this beeswax lip balm is highly moisturizing, has nice slightly tingly effect and is just a good product all around. I lost my tube of Carmex a few days ago and my lips were feeling too dry, and this has done the trick to moisturizing them enough. When I start going out into the sun more often, I plan on trying the Burts Bees Lifeguard's Choice Lip Balm next.

ETA: I'm still using this product a month later, and no cold sores yet! And when I haven't been able to use it, my lips just get dry but not all weird feeling like they did when using Carmex. Love it!

on 5/10/2007 3:15:00 AM

Moisturizes my lips well (unless they're bleeding, in which case it's time to break out the Carmex), doesn't feel overly slippery or excessively waxy on, basically invisible. I usually hate mint scented things, and this doesn't bother me. The scent is mild, even sort of pleasant. It's a great balm, and reasonably priced, what more do you want?

on 5/10/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My bf liked it. Me... absolutely not! It was stiff, it left a film on the lips, and it did not last. Only the tingly feeling in the very beginning I liked.

Popular Lip Treatments