Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i love this product! it's a bit tingly once you put it on, and has a nice mint flavor to it. i don't leave home without it!

loveit

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a tin of this lip balm out of curiosity, for its cute packaging, not expecting much from it. I thought it would not be moisturizing enough and knowing that it was minty, I was afraid it would dry my lips out. But it turned out to be quite soothing indeed. I enjoy the tingling, feels very refreshing, but it does not last very long though. The balm is rather hard, I end up with a small quantity after running my finger through it, so it'll last awhile. Staying power is really good, I have to reapply much less often. I suspect there is a difference in texture between tin and tube forms.
The reason I give this four and not five stars, is that I feel that there are more moisturizing balms out there to use for extended periods of time that do not have potentially drying ingredients like peppermint oil. Thus this balm, while very enjoyable, may be best when paired with occasional use of other lip balms.

I love this stuff! It is the only lip balm that I buy. I like it because it doesnt leave my lips greasy, and it doesnt have a 'girly' smell to it so my boyfriend uses it too! It works really well and leaves my lips soft. I always have one within reach. My purse, makeup bag, back pocket, car, everywhere! I especially like how it makes my lips tingle.

baskilly burts bees original is like heven in a small musterd yellow colered tube of 50% reciycled plastick, end of story

IT is just too dry for my lips.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My HG. I love peppermint balms, and this one delivers. It is also important to me that a balm not feel like I have applied crisco after an hour. This balm is moist but not sticky, dry, or greasy. I keep one in my makeup kit, my purse, medicine cabinet, etc.... Love, love, love!

this stuff is truly 'just okay' for me. nothing bad about it, but nothing really strikes me to make me repurchase.

I started using this stuff before Burt's Bees started making any other products, at least that they were marketing anywhere near me. The formula seems to have changed since then. It feels the same and has the same effect, I just find myself applying it more than I did when I was first buying it. Also, when I first bought it they had a program where you would send them 3 empty tubes and they would recycle the tubes and send you another. I guess they got too popular or something but they stopped doing it. It would've been nice if they had at least kept the recycling, even if they didn't send you a new one. Overall it's alright, but for the price there are much better ones out there. Honestly, with the new formula I would just rather use Vaseline. ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff does not work. It's like Carmex: it keeps me hooked by drying out my lips five minutes after applying so that I have to go for more. It briefly quenches any dryness or irritation I might have, but even then it comes up short of expectation.

The only good thing is that the tiny tin jar lasts FOREVER - it doesn't seem go down at all, even if you use it like every twenty minutes (which is what I did). If you have a problem with dry lips, go for Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer instead.

Popular Lip Treatments