April 18, 2014 | 1762 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by cmleon86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After searching every sephora in town, I FINALLY found the UD naked palette (by convincing the sales associate to sell me the second launch inventory), and all I can say is that it is WELL worth it. Every color is beautiful, and wearable. The price is kind of steep, but when you break it down, this is an amazing deal considering you get 12 eyeshadows, 2 eye liners, and a small UD primer potion. I have now stopped buying eyeshadows completely. I am having so much fun with this palette and discovering all the different looks I can create. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

BTW- UD has said their website will be carrying the palette again the first week of August. (YAY!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by BReams1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! The colors are beautiful! You can do a very natural eye, to a dramatic eye with this palette. I would purchase this palette over and over again if i could.
The price is amazing. You are getting $204 worth of eye shadows alone, as they are all full-size. Not to mention the liners, and primer.
To the cons... Sidecar has so much fall out. I use mostly mineral make-up, and the fall out on that is horrible. Sidecar is 10x worse.
Whisky, the brown eye liner, doesn't work well for me. It seems to be very waxy, and almost chunky. If that makes sense.
Last, which isn't really a con... I wish there was some way to have housed the primer potion in the palette itself.
All in all, the palette is well worth the money. Well worth the time spent finding it as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by maserati

LOVE, the only word i would use to describe this palette. This is my second UD palette. I also have the AMMO palette which i also LOVE. But the difference is thta this palette has more wearable daytime colors. Which 12 colors to play with, this palette can easily go from daytime to night. The double ended eyeliner is a great way to have people to try out their eyeliner before a purchase.Personally, i didnt think the eyeliner was anything special but i LOVE the baby size UDPP that it ALSO comes with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by mrsamr12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am really glad I hopped onto sephora to grab this rather then trying to swap for it! I never by neutrals. ever. and I am in love with this palette. I think it's a tremendous value, and will purchase a back up as soon as it comes back in-stock!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO glad I listened to the hype in this case! There's a reason why this product has been consistently out of stock at Sephora since it came out. This really is a stellar palette for both everyday work looks (which in my case is a wash of a neutral color) or more glam nighttime looks (smoky eye with lots of eyeliner). Back in the olden days when I didn't know any better, I'd picked up the UD Urban Ammo palette and promptly found that I couldn't wear half the colors because of ridiculous amounts of chunky glitter and fallout. No such issues here - only very minor sparkle in some of the colors, barely noticeable. It's a steal since individual colors are $17 a pop and you get 12 here, plus eyeliner and a mini primer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay finally listened to our pleas. We needed grown up shades and we got them in a beautiful case for under $50. I can't complain. I'm loving mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I LOVE this palette! This is my first UD palette (or eyeshadow for that matter) and I am greatly impressed with the quality of the shadows. I never purchased UD shadows before because the colors were not my taste, but these colors are gorgeous and the texture is so soft and blendable. I love these more than any of my MAC shadows (I didn't think I would ever say that!). I will definitely repurchase (hope it is permanent like others have said).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

Finally!! Urban decay must have been listening because this is finally a palette with a variety of finishes and not a glitter bomb in sight!! It makes me soooo happy that they finally made a palette without a version of midnight cowboy in it! Not that I don't love my BOS, but I always felt like I had to use something else along with those palettes to get a complete look. Yes, there are actual matte, satin, and shimmer finishes in this palette, and while I love a little colour, I know I'm going to use the crap out of this since I can do a lot of work appropriate looks with it. Also love how the packaging is sturdy,sleek, and sophisticated (if something with NAKED written on it can be ;-). I love UD palettes because I think they're an awesome deal. This one was cheaper than most of the larger ones they've made at $44 (that's $44 for 12 shadows, a mini primer potion, and a double ended liner). Not sure if the shadows are full sized or not, but honestly they're generous and will last forever so it doesn't matter. Oh and not too many repeats from the last large palette they put out (Alice BOS) love that!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by rinacee

I adore this product. I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay. They are a staple in my everyday makeup routine, and now this has been added to it! What I think is great is the value. Twelve full-size shadows for $44 is incredible! And then you get a dual-ended pencil and Primer Potion (enough to last a good three months or longer!). It's worth well over $200, but you can snag it for a little under $50. Before I get into the nitty gritty, I'll start out with the negative aspects...
The packaging is not the best. It looks sleek and chic, but even though I've been keeping it in the full plastic covering, the corners have begun to bald. The velvet is wearing down. I also have the Deluxe palette, and I know how lint-prone this type of material is. I suggest separating it from the rest of your makeup and keeping it on your vanity if you are concerned about the aesthetic value.
The good? There's a lot of it! Again, these are all full-sized. These will last a lifetime! The colors are all soft and highlight pigmented. None are glitter bombs like Midnight Cowboy. Only three have micro-glitter (Sidecar, Creep, Gunmetal), but a wipe should take care of it! These are all very wearable colors. It is such a versatile and user-friendly palette. Anyone can pick it up and create dozens of looks without having to be creative. My personal favorite colors are Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, and Gunmetal. All of them are wonderful, but these are my ultimates! Some of them are shades I will not be able to live without once I hit the pan (IF I hit the pan!). The 24/7 liners are glorious as always. Zero is classic black, and Whiskey is a warm, red-toned brown. With certain colors it looks dynamic. But with others, it can make your eyes look irritated, so play around and see what works...
Overall, it is an astonishing value. All the colors are stunning and wearable, while still providing the option of a great smokey/dramatic eye.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by n2l2m

This palette is great! Colors are beautiful, long wearing, variety of matte, shimmer, glitter. Definitely get alot for the price. Only con for me is having the dual eyeliner, as I would prefer two separate ones, but they are great non the less! So happy with this purchase!