Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 5/10/2007 3:15:00 AM

Moisturizes my lips well (unless they're bleeding, in which case it's time to break out the Carmex), doesn't feel overly slippery or excessively waxy on, basically invisible. I usually hate mint scented things, and this doesn't bother me. The scent is mild, even sort of pleasant. It's a great balm, and reasonably priced, what more do you want?

on 5/10/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My bf liked it. Me... absolutely not! It was stiff, it left a film on the lips, and it did not last. Only the tingly feeling in the very beginning I liked.

on 5/8/2007 8:56:00 PM

I LOVE this balm, but I haven't used it in a long time because I didn't like having it in a pot. I've noticed these in the stores as tubes before, but never bought one. I decided to today because my lips are really chapped. This clears it up instantly. It soothes, cools, and moisturizes. Great purchase!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this chapstick is my favorite! its minty and refreshing, so it works as a breath freshener and lip moisturizer! i love it

on 5/5/2007 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product, but I would not purchase again. I like that it's emollient (many products I've tried are either too emollient or not emollient enough as in the case of their Honey Lip Balm, but this is just right). I also like the compact tube packaging, and the price makes it a good value. (Sure, there's a lot of cheaper lip balms like Chapstick and Carmex that can be had for a dollar, but who wants to put petrolatum on their lips?) I like the peppermint fragrance, but I actually wish it wasn't an ingredient. Peppermint oil can be an irritant for people like me who have super-sensitive skin. If my lips are cracked I can't use this; I can only use it when my lips are healthy or else it makes my problems worse. I'm not sure how much good this lip balm does besides making my lips *FEEL* better. Sometimes after I've used this my lips are dry anyway. It's definitely a lip "balm" and in no way a "treatment". This might be okay if they could just take out the peppermint oil.

on 5/2/2007 7:11:00 PM

its cute. people in seattle espectally like burt's bees. it works as well as chaptick.

on 5/2/2007 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love it! The tin is so retro and cute, and the balm stays on my lips for such a long time.

on 5/2/2007 2:30:00 PM

My standby lip balm, I've been using it for years and will continue to do so. I love the coolness on my lips and the moisture it gives. My only problem is it has been rasing in price as it has been gaining popularity, I miss when a tube was .99 cents!

on 5/1/2007 11:23:00 PM

Love the company policies on natural products and recyclable packaging. This is my favorite. I love the tingle and how it's not too thick. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

on 5/1/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like the tingly sensation of the balm on my lips! This and C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Shine are the freshiest lipbalms (except C.O. Bigelow is more like a gloss) around that make lips super soft. I'm a sucker for products that contain some kind of peppermint.

Top Rated Lip Treatments