October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by SugarJ

If your lips are hydrated, this product seems to be fine, but as others have said, when lips are chapped, the peppermint can sting and make lips feel worse.. SO all in all.. a lip balm that is best for smooth lips? What's the point?? lol

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by cccinnamonlips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much. It has a permanent spot in my purse, where most lip products stay for a very limited time! Its texture is lovely, the staying power is great, and it moisturizes wonderfully. The taste and tingle even convinced my boyfriend to buy a tin for himself! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lemonsugar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had big expectations for this product, honestly its over-hyped. There's nothing particularly bad about this balm but there is also nothing special. I might as well, get something that smells better. I think it had grandma-balm feel to it. Not trying to bash Burt's Bees or anything-their skin care worked wonders on my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

Feels nice. Smells nice. Keeps my lips moisturized. I have tubes in each purse, in drawers, in my car, etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by princesnessa

i am super picky when it comes to my lips. i try not to use much with petroleum because i've heard it shrinks your lips and most lip treatments have it. burt's bees is petroleum free and really hydrates my lips. i love the cool tingley feeling and it's super cheap. i definately reccomend this to everyone with chapped lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by foundationaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used it for a week and I could not wait to throw it away...For some reason it actually DRIED my lips and I had to reapply it every 5 minutes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by MsSnape

I don't understand all of these cosmetic companies adding irritating ingredients like peppermint oil to their products, especially ones designed for the lips. This balm made my chapped lips burn even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

I've tried a lot of lip balms in my days, and this is by far the best i've tried so far. I was using Softlips prior to this, yet they wouldn't really help with my chapped lips [only for the first minute or two after applying it]. Then i came across this yesterday, and bought it. Long after the tingly sensation is gone, my lips still were soft and hydrated. I love it and plan on buying more!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Medusawall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with Burt's bees when I first tried their peppermint foot lotion that my Dad bought for his dry, cracking feet, and I fell in love with the tingle. When my Dad's girlfriend gave me a little tin of this lip balm, I was excited to try it after the good reviews that I've heard in magazines. I love this stuff simply because of the minty tingle it leaves on my lips. Sure, there are more moisturizing formulas out there, but this is a great one anyways because it doesn't leave my lips feeling cakey. It's great for an everyday balm, or under lipstick,since it doesn't budge or make my lipstick thin. If I need more moisture in the winter, I just use it with my Cococare Lip Balm, and I have no problems. The price isn't an issue for me, Because my cute little tin seems to last forever. I hear that Burt's has a new tinted lip balm, and I'm actually dying to try it.

UPDATE: this has actually recently started to make my lipline break out because of the lanolin in it. If anybody has a sensitivity to lanolin, I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to like this - like other reviewers, I liked the tingly sensation but then it dried my lips out after a few minutes. One day my boyfriend bought me a Chapstick Lip Balm (standard black one with white cap) and a BB Lip Balm and had me try one on each side of my lips at the checkout just after purchase. Chapstick won hands down! Try it! It's much smoother and seals moisture in. Huge difference. He has done a lot of camping and has tried different things which is why he was pushing the chapstick.