Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

it's love. there might be drugs in it, because i can't use any other. or maybe mint is a drug. ha. anyway, it's really good and smooth, the only problem is that it lacks SPF. but they're against chemicals, so i suppose i'm just wishing here.

i've actually bought this lip calm a few times and when i first bought it i loved it. but when i bought it a couple days ago i noticed that my lips got more dry after using this product and it just feels weird. needless to say i doubt i'll be purchasing this again.

amazing! what a winner. I love this lip balm. its smoothes and softens lips with a peppermint tingle! its awsome! deffinatly buying again!

This product has slyly become my lip balm of choice. It started with one tube and then another tube appeared and then another...I think I now have one for each bag. It tingles without irritating and doesn't leave my lips feeling gooey and nasty. The minty taste is non-offensive, but powerful enough that when I feel my breath needs some freshening, I'll apply, lick my lips and reapply for a fresher feel. Good stuff, I will (and have) buy again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is very forgettable. I like the slight tingle when I apply it, but it really isn't all that moisturizing. I wouldn't buy this again. Ho hum, ho hum, now this review is done.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I swear, this provides no moisture at all! It's also waxy as hell and makes my lips look bad (there's no shine either). The beeswax in it doesn't get absorbed by my skin, it just sits there, like mineral oil would but worse. The tingling effect is okay, but I really don't like having it. The only reason that this is not getting a 1 is because it's the only lip balm that has cured my lips from peeling. I couldn't believe it, and I still can't. I don't know how it can heal my lips while still leaving them dry (don't lips peel from being dry in the first place?). I really wish this was moisturizing, because if it was I think I would never use anything else again. But it's not.

Okay, after reading some of the others' reviews, I had to doublecheck to be sure I had the same product. Yep, that's it. I was robbed of any tingle, I was robbed of any smoothness and I was robbed of any moisture in my lips. No matter how many times I reapplied, my lips dried out and became red and irritated. Hmph. Not the look I was going for. Smells wonderful, though!

This product goes on tingly and really moisturizes my lips.

Like I said in my review for the BB replenishing balm (the one that smells like pomegranates!), I much prefer that to this. This never did anything for my already pretty-well hydrated lips, and the waxyness was off-putting. Did not perceptibly condition or make lips smoother or anything. And if you're looking for some HEAVY DUTY moisturization, I'd suggest exfoliating with sugar (either white or brown) and then dabbing on vaseline. This doesn't do much.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i love this product! it's a bit tingly once you put it on, and has a nice mint flavor to it. i don't leave home without it!

Popular Lip Treatments