December 19, 2014 | 895 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 3:04:00 AM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice basic black. Matte. Stays all day, even on oily asian lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Carllita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can not believe how unbelievable this liner is! I am sooooooo excited! For years I have used pencils and then powder and flat brushes from Trish, but this takes the cake the line it creates is gorgeous, smudge-free and dramatic! This is a keeper forever!!! I am a bonafide MAC fan again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by nekobot

By far the best liner I've ever used. In the past I've used liquid and pencil liners and NOTHING has ever remained unsmudged on my lids. My lids are pretty oily and they're hooded as well (the lid overlaps lashes slightly on inner half of the eye) In the past I would have to line only the outer half of my upper lid or I would end up with raccoon eyes. But FL was absolutely perfect! Once applied, it did not come off AT ALL. I once showered without removing it, washed my face while I was at it, and when I came out of the shower IT WAS STILL THERE. Perfectly untouched, just as I had applied it! Don't be scared off by its durability, it is so easy to remove.

At $16CA, FL IS kind of expensive for such a small pot... but once you start using it, you realize how little you use each time. It's totally worth the investment. Having to use a brush to apply it is kind of annoying at first, but for the staying power of this product, it's well worth the trouble!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by no_regrets

It took me awhile to get used to this, at first I found it too hard to handle and didn't think the extra time it took to apply it was worth it. Now that I've had a bit of practice, I absolutely love this. The color is as dramatic or as soft as you want, and the color stays remarkably long, as long as anything else I've ever used. It's not cheap but it does last quite awhile so I feel that it's worth it. Overall a great buy, would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2005 12:37:00 AM More reviews by pinkorchid98

I love it! Finally a black eyeliner I can wear inside and outside the eye for that "rock star look" A keeper!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by littlekitsch

Amazing! After struggling with eye pencils and liquid eyeliner (both smudge and are never dark enough) I've found my HG eyeliner! I apply it with the Bloom angled eyeliner brush (about $17 cheaper than the MAC equivalent) and off I go! It doesn't smudge, lasts for ages and best of all I can achieve you many different looks. With fluidline you can get a smoky look or a polished straight line and it always looks professional! Amazing stuff! Will never go back!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2005 11:59:00 PM More reviews by diadpri

Great eye liner. Hope they don't stop making this product. I gave a more thorough review for Dipdown also Great. I use these every day. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 6:43:00 AM More reviews by dana

Blacktrack is a deep, dark, inky, dramatic black that is indestructible. These liners do not budge. I live in Hawaii, and couple with my oily lids and the heat here, eyeliners are challenging. Mac's is the only gel liner that doesn't crease on me. It is easy to apply if you have a good brush, and just as easy to smudge for a smoky eye look. Affordable at a mere $13.50, these are one of the best products to grace Mac counters in awhile. I highly recommend these.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Susann_777

To keep it brief; I like the way this gel liner applies so smoothly & easily. On occassion it requires the line requires going over twice to get a darker line. On my greasy lids, this liner lasted 6 hours before traces of transfer began showing up.
A definitely repurchase, and possibly in their other colours as well.
Will repurchase, but only in their other colours. Will try Bobbi Brown next for a black gel liner. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 4:22:00 AM More reviews by oO_PaNd0Ra_Oo

I love the consistency and staying power. The color is rich and deep and doesn't feel cakey at all! I have a BIG problem with liquid liners and mascaras irritating my eyes, this doesn't irritate at all, even if it accidentally gets right in my eye. I love this product and is a HG product for me!