MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 10/26/2005 7:25:00 PM

Blacktrack fluidline is possibly the best black eyeliner I have used. For the past few years I've tried both normal pencil, self-sharpening pencil ones, and liquid. It's easy to apply with almost any flat or pointy headed brush. I currently use an ultra mini eyelining brush from Lancome that I found in an eyeshadow compact my mother had (similar to MAC's 209) It just glides onto my waterline with no effort involved and can be smoothed out if need be. I feared that a gel eyeliner would be easily smudgy and have little to no staying power, but I was pleasantly suprised!

I have to mention that not only is blacktrack a great liner itself, but it can be used as a base, or a black eyeshadow, so it's very multi-functional and versitile. It's fabulous for a black smokey eye and can be controlled just as if it were an eyeshadow.

With the gel-like formula, you only need to use the tinyest amount. Theres no fuss of sharpening pencils, nor the runniness of liquid eyeliners. I've used it for the past 2 months almost daily and from the looks of it, will last me at least a year.

My only problem with it is that because of its strong staying power, you need a good makeup remover to get all of it off easily. Personally I use Chanel's Precision Eye Makeup Remover and it comes right off after one swipe :) continued >>

on 10/24/2005 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is GOOD STUFF! I gave Blacktrack a 5 in spite of its slight tendency to smudge on my extremely oily skin.

However, it still stays on far better than most eyeliners.
I've always tended to avoid black eyeliner on me because I'm so pale. I feared that black is just too harsh on me(NW15; brunette; bright green eyes) but Blacktrack has the amazing property of looking dark and intense without looking harsh.

I already had Fluidliner in Dipdown, and love it, but wanted a cool-toned liner to wear with gray shadows.Set with MAC's powder shadow in "Carbon," Blacktrack is perfect, since grey liner tends to look too light on me

I use a MAC 311 brush to line each upper lid with "Blacktrack" + "Carbon," then line lower lids with UD's 24/7 eye pencil in one of the lighter colors. Eyelining perfection, and it stays fresh-looking for hours!

I'm very happy with Blacktrack, and if I ever run out of it, I'll repurchase.
UPDATE: I've been using "Blacktrack" for nearly a year now, and I don't know how I ever managed without it! .

At any rate, I get just the look I want: a dense-looking, defined-but-soft upper lashline. This is definitely not your mother's 60s roofing-tar-black-and-harsh liquid eyeliner. It gives better coverage than pencil or powder, without the inky harshness of a standard fluid liner. For me, it's the perfect way to line my upper lids. I plan to keep buying as long as this stuff stays on the market!
NOTE: "Blacktrack" is officially IT for me! I can't imagine using any other liner from now on. "Blacktrack" goes with everything, applies easily(well, usually), covers beautifully, stays put, and doesn't cost a fortune. I can't imagine being without it. Pencils just never gave me the kind of coverage I want, but "Blacktrack" does, without looking harsh. I'm now on my second jar.HG! continued >>

on 10/21/2005 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love Love Love these liners. I used my 266 brush and they go on like butter. A nice clean line, absolutely perfect. Blacktrack is great, but I really adore Blitz & Glitz for that little something extra. I also have Silverstoke, Macroviolet (which I am kinda iffy about) Non-conformist (which I haven't even tried yet), Frostlite and Rich Ground. These really are great formula and the pot actually holds a lot of product. UPDATE: I lost the cap to my Fluidline and when I found it 2 weeks later, there was a giant crack in my liner, but, I used a narrow brush handle and kinda smooshed it all back together. It worked, but there is a lot less now, so sad. The moral of the story? Don't Lose The Cap.

on 10/19/2005 3:46:00 PM

My first fluidliner and I love it! These beat the smudgepots into the dust. It goes on evenly and smoothly and lasts ALL DAY. I could not ask for more from an eyeliner--I love the way this looks on me!

on 10/16/2005 11:59:00 PM

After reading most of the reviews about how good it was, I decided to get Blacktrack and I am sooo glad I did. People aren't exaggerating when they say it stays on without smudging!!! Even after hours and hours of having this on, the liner looked like it had been applied just seconds ago. At first I was a bit iffy about spending so much on such a little jar of e/l, but I've realized that it's going to last a looong time because I never need to reapply, and a ton of colour goes on my liner brush with a super light stroke. The application process is smooth and super easy...if you're not familiar with putting on e/l with a brush, it'll only take a few tries before you get the hang of it :) What a great buy, I'll definitely be getting this again when/(if I ever!) run out.

on 10/14/2005 3:39:00 PM

This is my HG eyeliner. I use it almost every day. It's surprisingly easy to apply with the 266 brush (the angled one). One thing I always do is immediately after I apply I smudge it with a Q-tip to soften the line a bit. It works great to make a smokey eye look that will last all day. I also wore this to the pool all summer and I noticed it did run a little bit. It's better to put a tiny amount if you're going to get wet. For the most part it stayed in place.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I bought Blacktrack the first day the Fluidlines came out and I've been using it almost daily ever since. This goes on smoothly and once it's set, it doesn't budge. It's a 'true' deep black, too. I've had it for about 6-7 months now (I think they came out in the Spring?) and after using it 4-5x/week there is about half left. I will definitely repurchase.

on 10/10/2005 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am absolutely amazed at how easily this applies. I use the 266 small angle brush and it gives me the perfect thin line. It wears all day without budging, even through my workouts. My only complaint is that when I took a nap, I woke up with the hugest smudges and I'm not sure if it was this or my mascara, so I'll give fluidline the benefit of the doubt and give it 5 lippies because it's so quick and easy to apply.

on 10/10/2005 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

If you have the right brush (like the MAC 209 eyeliner brush, or something like it) the application is smooth and very easy. The eyeliner doesn't move once it's set, and it sets pretty fast. I think this is less goopy than the Bobbi Brown gel liner, and actually doesn't seem as prone to drying. I have much love for Fluidline.

on 10/9/2005 9:09:00 AM

I bought this after reading the reviews and having basically anyone who love MAC rave about it. I really love it too. It doesn't smudge at all. Just have to know how to line eyes with a brush and have a steady hand. Its my staple now.

Top Rated MAC Products