July 28, 2014 | 1004 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 11:18:00 PM More reviews by gergana

BEST eyeliner I've used! I'm a hardcore MAC addict and it took me too long to buy this... it's heaven! It doesn't smudge, it's easy to apply with a brush, and looks perfect! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2005 3:08:00 AM More reviews by MyLament

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think they could package this differently to prevent it from drying out, but I think they are working on that... BUT that said, I love this particular liner and will continue to use and purchase it. Lasts a long time, STAYS in place- does NOT budge, and if you use the right brush with it, it is easy to work with. I use it on my waterline and it does not get all over my eye. I have to use makeup remover to get it off at the end of the day. A+ in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another product I bought solely on the reviews here. This is definitely my HG black eyeliner. It is so easy to apply and the staying power is amazing, it lasts all day! I am so glad I found this, I will never be without it. I just wish I knew about this sooner. I will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2005 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mmm12

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As with all fluid liners, this is a gel based liner packaged in a pot form, you dip your brush into the product and line with that. It does not come with a brush.

COLOR: Basic flat true black.

PROS: Long lasting, smudge proof, waterproof, pigmented, smooth texture.

CONS: If you are not used to gel liners or if you have a bad brush, it maybe tricky to apply and achieve desired look. Also, these dry pretty quick, so play-time/blend ability is a issue.

Overall, this is a staple in my make up collection. fyi: I happen to apply this with the Heavenly Liner Brush from Bare Escentuals.

PRICE: $13.50 USD found at macys, mac store, etc.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by not_your_starx

I've been searching forever for an eyeliner that won't wear off in my waterline within a couple of hours. I hate liquid liner because it doesn't look right on me, and pencil doesn't just last long enough, but then again, it's meant to be smudged. MAC Fluidline is my savior. It's like an eye gel/cream, if you will. Long lasting and it doesn't smear or budge, despite any water works. It's difficult to remove, though. It's impossible to apply this stuff without a brush, so I use my 266 brush which gives me a flawless application every time. The only problem: if you don't own a brush 266 and any Fluidline, it's best to purchase the two together, and that cost me about $35. But it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, its as good as it sounds!!! It stays put (on me) for 5-6hrs, not the complete 8 hrs of work. It is still great! The complain I do have is that it feels like I waste alot of product on the brush. The price is just right and I hope I never need to go back to pencils. Nice black shade for my inner rims.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by gracerose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this, I had some "flakes" falling off my eyelid and thought I wasn't applying right - using too much at once (which is not the look I was going for). I used MAC's brow brush (208) which the SA told me was the best brush to use for this. I then tried it with my Smashbox cream eyeliner brush (9) and it went on so much better. I admit, it is not that easy to remove and ocassionally I've had it come off in flakes when I remove it. None have gotten into my eye though. I don't mind this product (once I learned how to apply it properly) but I still prefer Smashbox because I haven't had the "flaking" problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2005 1:28:00 AM More reviews by hym8ntz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a "HELL NO!" for would you ever buy this product again! I went to the ER over the weekend because this eyeliner practically made me blind! When I removed it..some of the "pieces" ..yes PIECES!! went into my eye ...so when I was washing my face..it SCRATCHED my cornea and I lost my vision temporarily for two days. I have NEVER been so traumatized in my life! I will never buy a gel eyeliner again. It did go one so well and it was awesome to use..but when you remove it..OMG!! NEVER AGAIN! Has anyone had this problem before when removing it. This eyeliner comes off in little tiny pieces when removing it...how do people refrain from getting it in their eye??? PLEASE RESPOND!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2005 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lizbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I thought I would try it since it got such great reviews and I'm so happy I did.I use the 208 brush to apply it.It doesn't smudge at all and it lasts all day..even in the hot weather.I can't wait to try this in other colors.I will never be without this eye liner! EDIT..After using this a few months it has already dried out so bad I can't even use it.I always kept the lid on tightly so I don't understand.It also irritated my eyes.I am now in love with BB gel eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favorite black eyeliner ever, hands down. Blacktrack is densely black and lasts all day with little to no smudging (even after a hot day at the beach.) I can’t believe I waited so long to pick this one up! Since I’ve mastered the technique of applying crème eyeliners and Blacktrack has entered my life, I’ll probably never buy another black eyeliner pencil again. Fluidlines have reached Holy Grail status with me.