April 20, 2014 | 874 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by orchidaea13

Coloring: PPP neutral cool toned, dark hazel/brown eyes, brunette

When I was going to buy this I was surprised that it only cost 13.50, seeing as BB's was way more expensive. That said, I am in love with this lol. It draws a beautiful line and stays, yet is smudgeable in the beginning which makes it incredibly versatile. Another staple in my makeup. The texture is great too. It's incredibly smooth and brings out my eyecolor

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I am a huge fan of the MAC fluidlines and the BB Gel liners. They are quite similiar except MAC's colors are better! But Blacktrack is a matte black. Same as the black BB gel liner. Unfortunately, the BB gel liner is the better product. MAC fluidlines go on smoother and are a little easier to work with while the BB gel liners are a little drier, but i do find the BB last a little longer, a little better, remain truer. Dont get me wrong, both are great liners but the BB has proven itself the winner. I still love my MAC fluidlines in Bo Peep, Rich Ground, Shade, Wavy Liner, sweet sage, and frostlite, but BB is better in the black, violet, brown matte categories.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2005 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Kurt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another black liner in a pot. Nothing special about that seriously, no one expect anything from it either I guess. I bought it coz of the price, much cheaper than Bobby Brown or Stephane Marais. This is the 1st time I bought a something like this in black. I do have creme liners but all in vibrant colours, they all work OK but somehow not in black. The look is too intense/fierce, like I've done it with a liuid liner (imagine the cleopatra look), I prefer pencils, which give you a softer look, unlike the vibrant colours where I'm after a stronger/wow effect look.
Except for my presonal preferences, this thing works perfect, easy to apply, requires zero effort to get a perfect straight line, stay on all day does not smear/smudge whatsoever. A pot will lasts you for ages, price is cheaper than other brands that carry the same thing. Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2005 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Coloring: MMM, NC40, BE 2.3/3, Shiseido O60, Stila F
Color Description: Black. Best eyeliner I have ever had. A HG, it stays put and is very easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! I've had this for a few months now and of my three colors/shades, this is the one I use every day. I've had no problems with this drying out, and the color lasts all day. To apply, I just use a standard firm bristle angular brush found in any art store. I'm not sure how long these are supposed to last, but I will repurchase when I run out....Update 11/6/10 I haven't repurchased in the last four or five months. I've switched to La Femme cake liner and haven't looked back. I get the same look for a way cheaper price. Also, since its a cake liner, it won't dry out like the fluidlines eventually do over time. I'm not saying that I wouldn't repurchase ever again, but it is no longer HG since I haven't actually repurchased in months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 9:50:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I bought and tried this with a friend's recommendation... After using it, I thought it was ok it didn't smudge for the entire day app 10 hrs.. however, I hate it when I apply it first then use the eyelash curler and the next thing I know, I'm left with an outline of the liner argghhh and it happens even when its left to dry first before I crimp my lashes... so I always have to redraw it after crimping my lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkdaisy226

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my word I love this eyeliner! It's one of my favorite MAC Fluidlines, right up there with Waveline! I use my MAC 209 brush and get a very natural looking line, which had always been hard for me to do before I tried gel eyeliners. A teeny bit goes a long way and I don't forsee me having to repurchase in a long time... but rest assured, I most definitely will!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 3:19:00 AM More reviews by wondertoe

my HG black liner! i wear this all the time. it goes on so smoothly and is virtually mistakeproof. it's a great dark black. the formula is light and not goopy at all, very easy to control. i can mak this subtle or very dramatic, and it layers well. i just love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 2:57:00 AM More reviews by insertcornynamehere

First of all, the 16 dollars CAD is much cheaper than stila's smudge pot or bobbi brown's gel ink eyeliner. I'm an eyeliner idiot; I draw sine curves on my eyes even with a pencil liner. However, on my first try with the angle liner brush and this liner, I manage to create a nice pretty natural thin line. It's also uber budgeproof and waterproof. This little bottle is going to last you a lifetime. Every girl needs a black liner, and I definitely reccomend this one. I'm gonna go back to MAC and pick up the rest of the shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2005 9:59:00 AM More reviews by peachygurl

This is a good option for asian girls with hidden double eyelids or single eyelids as it glides on so easily and doesn't smudge. I find this creamier than Bobbi Brown.

While this cream liner is indeed smudge-proof, it is however NOT budge-proof, so anyone with a tendency for rubbing her eyes, like I do when my eyes water, please take note. It does come off slightly onto your kleenex or finger.

Overall, it's worth having one or two of these in your makeup kit.