September 30, 2014 | 2033 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since this was such a hyped product I caved in and purchased what I believed to be a perfect color match (120). However, during the two weeks I used this I noticed breakouts I normally don't get and it wasn't TTOM. When I stopped using the foundation my skin cleared up. As for the foundation itself, I would not recommend it for oily skin gals and definitely not for acne prone. Since there is a high amount of silicone in it the coverage is good but it does tend to separate by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by civicbabe627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found a new love for this foundation. I have been wishy-washy since I bought it, but it was because I wasn't using a primer. I know, dumb. Once I started using Clarins primer, I love HD! It photographs very nicely, and looks great in daylight. The 117 is a perfect color match for me. It blends flawlessly using a 187 brush.
I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by pupiq

I purchased it after my beloved F&B foundation had broken me. This is the best foundation i ever used and i cannot look to ds foundations anymore. Actually now peope who is wearing false looking foundation look so ridiculous to me! Yes, this can look like you wearing foundation, but still very natural, soft and good looking, not cheap or too obvious at all. Photos are great with this on. Also, it last on me until i take it off, i only set it with some ds loose powder. I use shade 125, and couldn't be happier, as it bleds effortlessly into my skin, concealing all the flaws without the mask look. It also improved my previously broken skin, but it isnt too moisturising ( i don't really need it to be, as i have oily skin). It is oil free, and i havent noticed any clogged pores.
It is a wonderful product i'm definately going to buy it again despite such high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Talste

I've been searching for my HG foundation for a while now & looks like I have found it ! My skin tone is NW20 so I purchased the MUFE HD foundation in 115 (light skin with pink undertones) I was worried it would be a bit to light or me but it blends in beautifully & leaves my face looking smooth, soft & flawless. I've already purchased my second bottle in 130 (medium/light skin with beige/pink undertones) to wear during the summer months when I get a bit tan. LOVE IT !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

i like it, but i really don't think it's any better than the MUFE face and body foundation, that has been my hg. even in pictures, it looks about the same. the shade i use is a perfect match for my skin, looks like it was custom made for me. one squirt does the trick, i love that this has a pump, unlike the F&B. it makes my skin look great, but i don't know just yet that i have to have this, over the face and body. i used the HD powder as well. got a little shiny after a little while, so i don't know. basically, this is really good but i think the Face and Body+Super mat loose powder combo is just as good or maybe better for me.
edit** ok, i really do love this now. i barely had any shine after hours of wear. my skin looks flawless. i still like the face and body too. but after wearing this a few more times, i do prefer it . the HD powder is great. i'm brown and it does not show up white on me at all. i truly love MUFE's foundations.
edit#2** i love the foundation but the powder is not as good as the Super Mat. so my perfect combo is the HD foundation and the Super mat loose powder.
EDIT#3 okay sorry to keep editing, but i just wanted to add that this can accentuate any dryness you have, so if you have dry skin this may not be the foundation for you. also, the HD powder is not really a good mattifying powder, Don't thing it's necessarily meant for that, if you are oily the Super Mat is great. for the people saying this doesn't last, i don't understand, are you using a good powder to set it? i've never had this just disappear. and if you feel that you get oily really fast, you should give the Super Mat loose powder a try, it's the only powder that keeps me matte for several hours, like 5-6 hrs, without having to blot. i don't know if there's any powder out there that will keep oily skin totally matte for 12 hours or so. some oil is to be expected, i thought.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by finz2left

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation. Porcelain was a perfect match for my skin. The pump is great and allowed me to easily choose my amount for light coverage or heavy coverage. Used with a foundation brush and achieved a beautiful finish. YEAH.

But alas, with both my typical powder (LM) and the MUFE HD, I got horrid breakouts on my jawline each time I used it. I waited 2 weeks between each attempt. 3 times and it's going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by malibublondie97

Wow all of these negative reviews scare me...i hope it doesnt start to break me out! Well so far I really like it, I have been using it for a week now. The coverage is excellent, a little goes a long way! I have been using Bare Minerals for years, but needed something with more coverage. This foundation stays matte all day too (well depending on what kind of moisturizer you are wearing- I would only moisturize the dry spots on your face, not all over) I apply this with a flat-top brush from everyday minerals...i love that thing! I dont think its breaking me out, I have been using Ponds Cold Cream to remove it, just to make sure I am getting it all off. Overall, I am impressed! Definitely give it a try if you have oily/not-so-perfect skin. (TONS of shades to choose from, as well!)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa2482

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a huge fan of MUFE and currently use F&B foundation for awhile now with no problems. I was so excited to try this foundation but it was too heavy, left me very cakey and seemed to have broken me out on my chin. I used it for about 4 days and noticed it was making me looking very weird and dull as well as giving me a few pimples. I have stopped all use and returned it back to Sephora. Guess I will stick to my HG F&B..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by k3honey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I didn't like the product at all. It came on very cakey and blotchy in some areas. I used a 187 and a foundation brush and even tried using my hands. It just didnt work on my face, or with the mixture of moisturizer that I had on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by hlilley7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after seeing some amazing pictures of before and afters with people wearing it-it doesn't seem to work for me. I put it on with a MAC 187 brush, and soon the pigment starts separating out (is cakey the word I need?) and it looks blotchy, uneven and fake. I wasn't using the primer, so maybe my weird skin is to blame. I don't know. I may try their face& body foundation instead, I know MUFE is a really good line.