Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/6/2009 9:54:00 AM

I have normal skin and have been a MUFE Face & Body foundation wearer for over a year now. I tried this out in shade 120. Its definitely more coverage than F&B. I pump 2-3 pumps on my hand and use my finger to dot it on areas on my face. Then i quickly blend with my mac 187 brush in small circular motions. You have to blend this foundation rather quickly as it dries to a powdery finish once it spreads out. It gives a flawless airbrushed look. I set it with the MUFE HD Powder. Accompanied with my mufe lift concealer, YSL Touch Eclat and Guerlain Beige Chic ballz, and some bronzer - this combo gives me airbrushed glowy smooth skin.
UPDATE: I bumped this from a 4 to a 5. I changed up the way I apply it - and started using my fingers. I pump 1-1.5 pumps on the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply. I dont know if its because my temperature warms up the foundation, but i have found that with this method i acheive such a truly flawless coverage. I ended up finishing my bottle and have already repurchased. I think this is now my favorite foundation (for now haha).

on 1/5/2009 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm a DDD (MAC NW50 ... but with more of a red undertone). I found this foundation to be mask-y, not at all subtle and worst of all, it rubbed off on everything! The SA at Sephora actually tried to talk me out of buying it but I was pretty determined and went home with it anyway. After applying with a brush (and then another time with my fingers and a third time with a sponge) I finally gave up and returned it to the store.
I gave it a two because the color match was actually pretty spot-on but I just didn't dig the texture. I'm still a big fan of the MUFE line ... I use the primer all over, dot the five-color concealer over my trouble spots, then dust with MAC's loose powder in deep dark. Keeps me looking pretty cute most of the day! :)

on 1/4/2009 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this at Sephora and will definitely be purchasing it. The coverage is great - not too light or too heavy (i.e. cakey). I apply moisturer, primer, then the foundation and set it with powder. It lasts all day for me. The MA at Sephora matched me with #120 and its perfect. I've tried so many foundations - Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC and this is the best of the bunch, for me anyway. Get a sample at Sephora first if you're unsure purchasing it because of the price.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well, this does what it says it'll do...on my skin, up close, there is no tell-tale sign that I'm wearing liquid makeup. This seems a little less oily than my Matte Velvet (also by MUFE), and the color selection is extensive, with a lot of choices with yellow undertones (not pink) available. Don't know that it's my HG, but it is a good go-to for everyday.

on 1/3/2009 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It doesn' feel heavy, doesn't clog pores, good coverage, looks natural, but it turns orange, at least it does on my skin. That's the reason I took two lipsticks away. I don't like to look like Pumpkin Head at the end of the day. For that price, I expect better ingredients.

on 1/2/2009 1:01:00 AM

The color 120 looks exactly like dior linen and it should be the perfect color for me but because it has a sheer coverage my redness still shows through and after 2 hours it gets oily and starts disappearing.

I truly thought this was my HG foundation but sadly it wasn't. I wear 123 and it is a good match for me. The coverage is medium and it is buildable. Initially, I purchased the foundation, the primer (blue), and the powder. After a few weeks I returned the primer and the powder. I did not like the primer at all. The primer did not help provide a smooth application for the foundation and it would ball up around my nose. In addition, I did not like the powder as well. It made me look pale plus it was too messy for me. Although, this foundation provides a nice coverage it rubs off too easily, clog pores, and cause breakouts. I will not repurchase this product again.

on 12/30/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like this foundation and for now it is my HG (till I find something better).It covers and matches my skin perfectly, but it does turn greasy after awhile(nothing blotting papers can't fix).I will use this till I find something better.

on 12/30/2008 12:34:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation, but sadly I was let down. :( I have combination skin, it's not excessively oily, although it can get dry every once and awhile and I have occasional breakouts. (btw, I have been using MaMa lotion for the breakouts and it is truly one of the greatest products for evening your skin tone!).

Anyways, when I purchased this foundation I did have a breakout going on. I heard that this "high def" makeup helps conceal things like that in photos, but I wore this foundation to a party and in the photos my breakout stood out even more than they normally do with other foundations! Also, this makeup looked so oily on me after it was on for an hour or two, and it also rubbed off so easily!
I am sticking with my Bare Naturale, it conceals so much nicer, doesn't rub off and never ever looks oily. Now I am stuck with this bottle of MUF that I don't use...I may try it one more time, though.

One thing I should point out is that I didn't use the primer or powder. I am sure with the help of these two products the oiliness wouldn't be as bad, but to me that is all too much work when there are other foundations that don't cause oiliness and you don't need to layer three products just to look decent...

I also rated the packaging a 3 simply because of the pump applicator. You have to be careful when pumping out the product or too much will come out and you're left with extra that you're not even using.

on 12/29/2008 3:31:00 AM

Incredibly disappointing product. Provides an unnatural looking finish. Although it feels lightweight and makes your skin feel smooth, it looks like you've got a powdery mask on. It doesn't provide enough coverage. I agree with some of you; it certainly exaggerates any dryness.

Video Reviews & Tutorials