August 23, 2014 | 1048 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Khristine

this is my first Urban Decay palette. Have heard many things about urban decay reselling their eyeshadows in different LE palettes.

luckily the Naked palette is permanent and here to stay. it has a few new exlcusive shades as well as urban decay's best sellers. there are 12 FULL-SIZED eyeshadows, a duoliner (their best seller 24/7 liner in zero and the other end is whiskey). Also it comes with a mini eyeshadow primer potion all for $44.00! that's an amazing deal!

the colors are extremely versatile and wearable. you can do sultry smokeys or just easy naturals with this palette.

i think this is just the best bang for your buck. the case is super cute and travel friendly! i think this would be a great addition to Make-up artists that are starting out, or want to have a natural/neutral palette for doing bridal work! :)

love this palette, so glad i got it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by shoppingfreak614

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I finally gave in to the hype and stalked for this palette. It does not disappoint!
It came with 12 gorgeously pigmented UD shadows and a doubled-ended liner (zero and whiskey). All of them are silky smooth, although they do have abit of fallout.
What I love about the palette the most is the variety of textures and shades it offers. There is one true matte, and two other "satin" like shadows. Only sidecar and gunmetal has bigger flecks of shimmer, and the rest are perfect textures for me.
Although it is a great palette to travel with, and a perfect palette for those who lack neutral shades, I don't think it's worth it to go on ebay for. Ladies with cooler-skintones may not even like it at all, since almost all have a warm undertone. I can see it working for neutral-skintones though.
It's hands down my favorite UD palette I own, and way more up my alley than my BOS II. recommand for anyone's first UD eyeshadow purchase! Just don't stress out about not getting it, since UD confirmed that it's not LE. I'm not so sure about if its permanent at Sephora though.
Canadian price: $53 + tax

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The reviews don't lie. It looks like UD's Naked Palette is living up to the hype. Some of the regular in-line shades are HGs for me (Sin, Smog) and I am also incredibly happy that Sidecar and Gunmetal from the BoS have reappeared here. The exclusive shades are amazing, I really love Hustle a lot. The quality is fantastic, and with the double ended 24/7 liner and mini primer it's all you need for awesome day and night looks. I can see this selling even faster around the holidays because it will be the perfect gift for any makeup lover you know.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by skigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first product that got all 5's from me. I think it is a great value. The shadows are full size. I do happen to like the packaging.

Every color in the palette is nice. I love buck, virgin and naked the most. They are all pigmented. They are smooth. Even if you have a lot of neutrals, I still think this is worth getting. No, it is not LE. Many of us were misinformed by Urban Decay. There aren't any glitter bombs. One has a little but of glitter, but not too much at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by almostcosmic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so worth the money and the wait. These shadows are lush, velvety and super pigmented. They make MAC shadows feel like sandpaper. This is my first foray into UD shadows and I am in love. They are so easy to blend and the colors in this palette cover every shade and finish you could want. I have a good deal of MAC neutrals and I was surprised I did not have near as many dupes as I thought I would.

Worth every single last penny. You need this product..now....go!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by tseelee

Wow I was lucky to get the last one today at Sephora, in Canada we just got it. I am absolutely in love with this product! Great value and the shadows are very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by avghuman

I'm a simple girl that doesn't own a needlessly large makeup collection. My makeup collection is minimal, but effective and respectable, so as soon as I saw this palette- I knew it was something I could definitely use. I was considering buying the 88 Warm and Metal Mania palettes from Coastal Scents because I thought I could create neutral looks with those, but I'm so glad this came out the same time I was in the market for a neutral palette. I chose this since I knew I wouldn't use 90% of the colors in those palettes and this was QUALITY.
You're pretty much getting a full sized Urban Decay Shadow for $4 dollars. That is INSANE! Considering all the extras you get and the simple and beautiful packaging- this is a steal, ladies. You can't go wrong with this.
I like to compare the release of the Urban Decay Naked Palette to women as the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II to men. It's just THAT epic and useful to us.

Edit: Just an update. I wear this palette to work and other social outing the require makeup--and it is AMAZING. I used to only like Matte Shadows, but my goodness these are perfect! Every single shade is useful. I expect to be grabbing for this Palette and repurchasing it til I no longer wear makeup. It's my HG.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by dakotapc12

I heard about this on youtube actually, and knew i had to have it. i got it a couple weeks ago when they were hiding them in the back rooms and no one really knew it, but since then its the only eye palette i've used. EVERY single colour in this palette is absolutely gorgeous and there are so many combos you can do. I can't even just pick one favourite. Usually i find myself not able to use a shade in any other palette i've ever used, but not this one. Seriously every girl needs this palette and it should be a staple for everyone. LOVE IT !! i need to buy like 50 !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, throwing mine on the pile. I didn't have a neutral palette and so decided to invest in this. Packaging is awesome, price is great for how much you get and quality of the shadows is very good. Shadows are long-lasting, apply smoothly and are very pigmented. Color selection is awesome from tame to deep and sultry, they really are beautiful colors. I love that I can take this when traveling and have everying I need down to eyeliners (which I already loved beforehand). I did experience some fallout and had a bit of glitter on my cheek one time, someone else said they believed it to be Sidecar and I'm inclined to agree. You can clean this up quickly with a damp Q-tip. There are no real glitterbombs like many other UD palettes. Bottom line, good deal, beautiful colors and worth picking up if you need a collection of neutrals or just love UD palettes and eyeshadows. Yes, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by sabine

there's nothing new I can say about this that hasn't been said before BUT i will say despite all the reviews, i had no idea the palette would be so BIG! this is really a GREAT bargain and i wondering if the price is correct for this?! lol...i imagined something much smaller, and to think this came with a beautiful brown velvety packaging + tiny UDPP + liner, i am so glad i fell for the 'hype' as it is not hype at all - GET THIS if you love neutrals like i do. i'm an NC50 if it matters, and the colors work great. lastly, i must say i got great advice a couple reviews down: just because it's sold out at sephora doesn't mean you can't get it from ulta (with free shipping!).