November 28, 2014 | 1712 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by tomax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the good reviews I've read here and at Sephora.com. I feel like I got a completely different product than the one I've been reading about. Let me just say that I normally use MMU because that's what I've consistently gotten the most natural-looking results with, but I wanted a liquid foundation for winter. The problems I has with MUFE HD were many:

1. It did not look the least bit natural. I tried every application technique I could think of. I used sponges, a foundation brush, my fingers--every time it looked like I was wearing a mask. A scary one.

2. For my age, I have very young-looking skin, but MUFE HD accentuated EVERY teeny, tiny fine line I have. And I don't have large pores, but this makeup sure made it look like I do. I tried using a silicone-based primer (despite the fact that I hate them) to resolve this problem, but it didn't help, it made my skin look greasier and it made my new makeup mask feel even thicker.

3. Two words: clogged pores.

It seemed like MUFE HD did the opposite of what it was supposed to do for me. It made me look old and like I had horrible skin. I will say that the color matched my skin perfectly, it covers up any discolorations really well (probably due to its mask-like effect) and that the packaging is pretty good. It comes in a pump, so at the very least, you won't have a bacteria-ridden bottle of foundation sitting around in a month.

This is a pretty pricey product, but I'm the type of person that will pay ridiculous amounts of money for just about anything, as long as it is spectacular. Obviously, this was not one of those products for me.

Needless to say, I returned the MUFE HD to Sephora. This was such a bad experience, I probably won't even try looking for another liquid foundation. MMU might me a tad dry for winter, but at least it doesn't make me look like an old hag.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by smallvillejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect foundation, and before I tried this I was very happy with my Revlon Colorstay. I still think that's a great foundation, but recently my skin has started changing. It used to be really oily, but it's combination now and more towards the dry side. Colorstay started to look too cakey. I tried the HD foundation after getting a sample at Sephora and LOVED it. It covered flawlessly, felt light, and really does give the skin a nice glow. However, the first bottle I bought didn't have the same consistency as that first sample so I exchanged it for another one. Same results, but I do have to admit that the staying power is NOT the best. After awhile, I start seeing my scars come through and my little imperfections. I started using this in conjuction with Laura Mercier mineral foundation and together, I really like the look. I definitely recommend this foundation, but make sure to use a finishing powder with a little bit of coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Despite the hefty price tag that comes along with HD foundation (I'm used to paying $26.00 for Studio Fix fluid from MAC), this is a foundation I was willing to fork over the extra bucks for.
After being color matched at Sephora a few weeks ago, I decided to take advantage of their family & friends discount and order this foundation in the shade that I thought matched me best along with the HD powder (seperate review will be posted for that in the appropriate place) and I'm so glad I did.
I have been using this foundation for nearly 2 weeks and I'll admit, at first, I wasn't a huge fan of it. It's a little on thin side, compared to Studio Fix Fluid. I'll compare it more towards MAC's Select SPF 15 liquid foundation as far as consistency goes. The finish of the HD foundation is very natural. I find it takes a little more to cover my face than I have with other foundations since the coverage of this stuff is more buildable. I usually take 2 dime sized pumps to cover my whole face. After a few days of using the HD foundation in conjuction with MUFE's HD powder, I definitely got hooked :)
It lasts all day on my face (don't forget to use a primer and MAC Fix+ for extra reassurance!) and doesn't cakey or splotchy like other foundations have for me. MUFE HD foundation is very natural without looking too natural and without looking too overdone.
Since using this exclusively, my face has definitely cleared up some since I stopped using Studio Fix fluid.
Although I don't like the pricetag, it is something I will repurchase when I run out. I just wish it was cheaper. I love the packaging though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Mosscat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Fairly good coverage, blends well, color match is the best i've had, and it doesn't feel heavy at all even though I had to build up the coverage. It's still there at the end of the day while using moisturizer, primer, and it's buddy HD powder.

I'm kind of disappointed with this foundation though. Mostly with it being so pricey and not being *that* much better than my other foundations. I have to use 3 (!!) pumps to get the coverage I want - even with a stippling brush. Though it doesn't feel cakey/heavy, I could get a much cheaper mineral foundation and feel the same.

I think if anyone is iffy about buying this, ask for a sample or wear it around for an hour or so while you shop. Am giving it 3 lippies because it has great potential to be HG for some people. This is just not for me. ;)

EDIT: 2/11/2009
Wow, just wow. I haven't been using this every day and i'm almost done with the bottle. It's spitting air already. In little less than 3 months? Just BS.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

I found my perfect shade 123 with this foundation.Love how it looks and the color just matches me perfectly.I use it everyday and i wear it for more than 8 hours for about a month and it doesn't cause me break out. (i have breakout issue with double wear from Estee Lauder).The finish is not matt and not dewy.It just looks like really good, natural skin. Coverage is medium.My skin is in ok condition with couple zits now and then during those times of the month.I use a primer underneath so it lasts longer cuz sometimes, it fades away after 1-2 hours.I'm almost done with my first bottle.Probably will repurchase since i don't have any problem with this product and the shade is just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Austrian_Babe

I have tried a couple of good medium/full coverage foundations (MAC Studio Fix Fluid, MAC Studio Fix Powder, MUFE Mat, Diorskin Extreme Flawless) and was never completely satisfied. Even with primer, my foundation never lasted through a regular day, heat, sweat, clubbing...my face would be blotchy, reddish, uneven. The coverage was still there, but not evenly.

MUFE HD is THE best foundation I have ever tried. Ever! I am so extactic about this foundation I can´t stop raving about it. It looks so natural, even if you layer it for more coverage! It´s expensive, but so worth the price. After all, who doens´t want flawless skin?
Go get a sample NOW!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by cynthea

disappointed :( it doesnt last at all and an hour after application, my face is shiny. breaks me out as well and it took me 3 pumps to get the full coverage i wanted which makes me look and feel cakey. too bad because i found an exact color match!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by molotovcocktail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so angry that this foundation didn't end up working out for me. My skin looked FLAWLESS with it on, and I had about 10 people tell me that. It gave a beautiful radiant finish that looked completely natural, and the coverage was easily buildable without looking cakey. HOWEVER, sensitive skin ladies- watch out. I broke out in an acne-like rash all over my entire face as a result of HD. I kept trying to ignore it because it made my skin look so healthy and great, but my irritation and breakouts just kept getting worse and worse. I would recommend this foundation to anybody that does not have sensitive, acne-prone skin, because it provides such a beautiful finish.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation. It covers my skin so naturally, even my mom asked me what i did differently the first time i wore it. It covers great, better than any other foundation i've ever tried, high end or drugstore. I use the 8N brush to apply, also from make up forever and love them both. I've spent so much money trying to find a foundation that actually works for me and i think i finally found it. I hope they don't discontinue this ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation. It is medium coverage with a natural satin finish. It lasts all on me with or without a primer. I have clear skin but in winter I feel washed out and a little splotchy so I like to even out my complexion with foundation. This did the job just fine. It is a good foundation but I can't say it's any better than Carmindy by Sally Hansen or other similar foundations. The pump tends to pump out a bit too much at a time so you may end up wasting some product. It is also expensive.

I also have to say that it may be harder to find a color match i fyou have neutral skin tone. The lightest shades are quite pink and the few levels are quite beige/yellow. I am an NC 25-30 in winter and NC 30 in summer. I bought 118 which did blend in but had a yellow-ish tinge. I exchanged for 117, which wil be too light in spring/summer but is probably one of the most neutral shades in the line.

update 6/28/09: Love this! I changed from 4 to a 5 rating because it's one of my all time favorite foundations.