December 19, 2014 | 1104 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There not enough words for my describe how much I love this. Urban Decay shadows are beyond my favorite formulation and to get all of these neutral shades in one palette is amazing. I had gotten the BOS 2 last year and loved that as well, but ended up selling it because I never used any of the bright shadows, and needless to say, I really missed Half Baked. But ta da! It's in this palette. I got this two weeks ago and haven't touched another shadow since (my poor MAC shadows). My favorites are HB, Toasted, Sin, and Naked, but I can't really play favorites because they are all lovely. Such a great deal for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by DandelionMama

I'm a general fan of Urban Decay (with the exception of their mascara) and this palette has been fantastic. The new colors are beautiful, and the inclusion of two matte colors is a nice shift for them- sometimes UD is a little glitter-happy. This palette lets you move from a nice subtle daytime eye to a deep smokey night eye with no fuss. And there is no better all purpose eyeliner than the 24/7 line. The dual-tip whiskey/zero pencil is convenient, and the whole set useful for travel. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by KatrinTreichel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love it. I can do a simple look or an elaborate smokey eye, or anything in between at 44$ (12 full size shadows, 1 udpp sample size and 2 eyeliners) this is a steal for anyone. really reccomend it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great palette in which you can make tons of different looks with it. You can go completey nude eyed with its colors or a smokey nude look. There's also some highlighting colors like white and gold for brow bone or the inner corners of the eye. The price is good for the amount you get. I picked up one only a week ago at my Sephora (they had a few in the back =D) I'm really happy that UD made this permanent so everyone can give it a try instead of making people go crazy by spending $100 for it on ebay lol Its a must have palette for everyone that loves makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Maripabli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette!!!! Very versatile and worth the money. It is an amazing value, 12 full size eye shadows for that price!!? Awesome! The only reason why I did not give it a 5 overall rating is because some shade have a bit of glitter fallout but other than that this palette is perfect! And if I ever finish this I would certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by coolbeachgirl

One of the best palettes out there! I LOVE IT!!!! It comes with all the colors for an everday neutral smoky eye, and an actual smokey eye! The colors are just fantastic and so very pigmented! I hope UD makes another amazing palette like this one...If you happen to see one in the store>>just grab it, it was so hard to get my hands on the one i got!!! I hope that this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Chynnac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is there to say? Bottom line you get 12 awesome shadows for $44 plus a double liner and the primer. So if it was just the shadows it would be like $3 a shadow (with the liner and primer) and these are pigmented and so lovely. The best is the neutrals are truly neutral and there are mattes and shimmers. This can be for all skin shades and was worth every dollar.
Edit 7/9/12 I use this almost everyday still, I love it.
Edit 10/31/13 Still use almost everyday, I own 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Alyssa2468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a fabulous value for $44! These shades are gorgeous- the majority are on the warmer side but there are a few standout cool-toned shadows. The matte shades have a very smooth, satiny finish and every shade has very nice color payoff. The only shadow I experienced fallout w/ was Sidecar (but it's sooo pretty!). The extra dual-ended eyeliner features both a black (Zero) and warm-brown end (Whiskey which is a new color). AND you get a mini UDPP (0.13 fl oz). I love this palette b/c it allows you to create a multitude of looks for DAY or NIGHT. I have created so many different smokey eye looks too- gold, brown, purple, black, gray. Naked is definitely my favorite color (along w/ Hustle and Sidecar). This is a must have product, and a new addition to UD's permanent palette line! =)

Perm shades: Sin, Naked, Half baked, Smog, Toasted, Gunmetal
LE shades: Virgin, Buck, Darkhorse, Hustle, Creep, Sidecar (repromote)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have always avoided UD shadows because of the sparklebomb factor - I don't go out at night and I have a professional job in a very conservative company. So when I was at Sephora last Saturday looking for a neutral palette, I was surprised to be drawn to this. For me, the dual liner is not a selling point - I have to have a liquid liner due to oily, hooded eyelids and a tendency for everything to smudge. But The little travel size of tghe primer potion is quite handy.

The real reason to buy this palette, however, is the extraordinarily nice range of neutrals with, for the most part, manageable shimmer. I have been using this for a week - a different combo every day - and I honestly haven't found a single shadow I don't like, which is VERY rare for a palette. Additionally, the shadows last very well and are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

Exceptional palette - should definitely be added to the permanent line.

Throwing another extremely positive review on the heap for this palette.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE: Since buying this pallette months ago, I don't really reach for it as much. I think it is because I haven't figured out which ones have so much glitter it causes fall out all over my cheeks. I do my makeup in 5 minutes in the morning due to how much I work, and having sparkles all over my cheeks is just not professional. I've noticed all the non glittery colors are great but the rest is not. This palette is better than most UD palettes though! I would not repurchase.. back to my MAC eyeshadows!

Original review:
I was a little skeptical that this palette could be so awesome since all the other UD eye palettes are so sparkly and chunky... and I am a working professional with a preference for neutral but pretty eye colors. I also am not a big UD fan as the primer potion bottle design is horrible, and the e/s are pretty expensive individually vs mac e/s. The quality of the e/s in this palette are amazing.. the case is a little tacky but at least there is a mirror. I am very picky about eyeliners which this one that comes with the kit smears under my eyes even with the primer potion (I have oily oily eyelids)...but the eye shadows are fantastic. I was a little scared to get my 'creep' on.. but that color is key to making a smokey neutral eye look from night to day... I hope this stays permanent... best palette ever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No