September 17, 2014 | 2183 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ktgti

I love this palette and I was so excited when I saw it sitting at Ulta! This is actually the only UD palette I have so I am definitely pleased with the quality of the eye shadows. It was very pigmented and super smooth. At $44, this is a steal considering how many different shadows you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Shall I add my two cents about this palette - sure why the heck not! At first I didnt think I wanted it cuz Ive got tons of nude es already but the hype lured me in. It was very htf but when my ulta restocked I called and had them hold the last one for me. when I picked it up I was told that there were lots of angry gals who were trying to get them to sell it to them instead. Luckily it was still there waiting for me! This palette is packed with gorgeous colors and is well worth the 44 bucks! Hope to get lots of use out of this gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by iamjess03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard this was a limited edition palette. I hope not. The shadows are so soft and opaque and are beautiful colors. I just hate the way the eyeliner is packed in there. I think the price is decent for all the shadows you get. You can make daytime looks and night looks with this palette. So it is a great palette to bring on vacation, instead of bringing lots of different palettes or eyeshadow singles.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by aznanjl

i love this palette! (of course) but why? i haven't always been a neutral kinda girl. i LOVE bright purples, greens, you name it, i probably have tried that color. in fact, i used to avoid wearing gold/bronzey type of colors because i thought it would emphasize the yellow-ness of my asian skintone even more.

but...this palette looked so nice that in spite of my apprehensions, i had to try it. i you tubed a few looks and played around with it myself, and now i'm hooked! i've only been using this palette for the past week, and i can't get enough! i've learned that gold and bronze CAN look good on me. one of my current favorite looks with this is to use baked on the inner 1/3 of the lid, smog on the middle, and hustle on the outer 1/3 and then blend that into the crease a bit. then i line the bottom lash with hustle and top w/ zero liner. love it! i am considering buying a back up...

PS- one thing i would improve as with other UD palettes- i don't like how the liners aren't secured in the palette, they always fall out and i'll probably lose the liner at some point!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by aznanjl

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

ok...don't send me hate mail but this pallette is just so-so. i won't pull down the ratings because i'm sure it accomplished what it was set out to do. i don't know how to put this ...but a neutral on a caucasian woman is not the same as a neutral on an african american woman (i have the same issue with shoes and bras). so with that said, these colors are not my go-to everyday neutrals and i don't love this as much as others. i will give it a 4 on the quality and value. i have very deep brown complexion and finding 'neutral' eyeshadows are a chore for me so if anyone shares my complexion or is a make up artist and can offer some assistance, i'd be grateful. OH YEAH, AND THIS IS NOT A LE, STOP BUYING 4 AND 5 AND STOP PAYING $100 FOR THIS ON EBAY!

34 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by patoespanola

This palette is Urban Decay's Masterpiece. I was first drawn to this palette when I read Temptalia's reviews and saw the swatches.Prior to this purchase I had purchased Urban Decay Lipsticks and Glosses for their "edgy colors" this was back in the 90's when I was rocking Gash lipstick and I could rock the bright colors :) now I crave neutral colors and this is a great palette for that. You can acheive various intensities, of neutral, bronzey, smokey and even understated looks. The colors are smooth and the pigmentation is fantastic. Neutral loving people, rejoice!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by JackieXOXO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bow at feet of whomever created this palette. Quality and colors of shadows are awesome-and for the amount of shadows,eyeliner and primer potion you get with this the $44.00 is actually a bargain. Using for the past 2 weeks and haven't touched any of my other shadow palettes. That's why I think everyone loves this - any look you want to achieve is right there. Natural, neutral and smokey. I don't want to talk crazy but I could see myself using this palette and nothing else ever again!! collective gasp :O Maybe I'm just so smitten I can't think straight-either way get this and enjoy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by schminken

I recently had to buy two big rolling cabinets for my makeup collection. I swore I was going to cut down on the overflowwing palattes that have invaded every inch of space of my apartment. Everytime some new palatte hits the shelves, everyone goes nuts. I go out and buy it and use it a few times a get bored.

Then this pallate came out. I don't even love urban decay. I'm 36 and for me it seems to be a line for edgy 20 year olds. The glitter! I bought several shadowboxes only to give them away to younger friends. But I do agree that UD shadows are very high quality which is why I keep trying to buy them. So when I saw one naked palette left on the shelf I grabbed it. I LOVE IT. Yes, it's neutrals. But no boring neutral.s It's like neutrals on steroids. I have used this everyday since I bought it and you can do a million things with it. If you love Nars All about eve (I've hit pan on that twice), you have to get this palette it's like a million variations on that.from day to dramatic. Go buy it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by blubutterfly04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite palette by UD thus far. Believe the hype, these puppies are sold out everywhere for a reason. The colors are perfect for daytime/nightime looks, the palette is perfect for travel. I'm in love.