November 24, 2014 | 2078 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by coolbeachgirl

One of the best palettes out there! I LOVE IT!!!! It comes with all the colors for an everday neutral smoky eye, and an actual smokey eye! The colors are just fantastic and so very pigmented! I hope UD makes another amazing palette like this one...If you happen to see one in the store>>just grab it, it was so hard to get my hands on the one i got!!! I hope that this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Chynnac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is there to say? Bottom line you get 12 awesome shadows for $44 plus a double liner and the primer. So if it was just the shadows it would be like $3 a shadow (with the liner and primer) and these are pigmented and so lovely. The best is the neutrals are truly neutral and there are mattes and shimmers. This can be for all skin shades and was worth every dollar.
Edit 7/9/12 I use this almost everyday still, I love it.
Edit 10/31/13 Still use almost everyday, I own 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Alyssa2468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a fabulous value for $44! These shades are gorgeous- the majority are on the warmer side but there are a few standout cool-toned shadows. The matte shades have a very smooth, satiny finish and every shade has very nice color payoff. The only shadow I experienced fallout w/ was Sidecar (but it's sooo pretty!). The extra dual-ended eyeliner features both a black (Zero) and warm-brown end (Whiskey which is a new color). AND you get a mini UDPP (0.13 fl oz). I love this palette b/c it allows you to create a multitude of looks for DAY or NIGHT. I have created so many different smokey eye looks too- gold, brown, purple, black, gray. Naked is definitely my favorite color (along w/ Hustle and Sidecar). This is a must have product, and a new addition to UD's permanent palette line! =)

Perm shades: Sin, Naked, Half baked, Smog, Toasted, Gunmetal
LE shades: Virgin, Buck, Darkhorse, Hustle, Creep, Sidecar (repromote)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have always avoided UD shadows because of the sparklebomb factor - I don't go out at night and I have a professional job in a very conservative company. So when I was at Sephora last Saturday looking for a neutral palette, I was surprised to be drawn to this. For me, the dual liner is not a selling point - I have to have a liquid liner due to oily, hooded eyelids and a tendency for everything to smudge. But The little travel size of tghe primer potion is quite handy.

The real reason to buy this palette, however, is the extraordinarily nice range of neutrals with, for the most part, manageable shimmer. I have been using this for a week - a different combo every day - and I honestly haven't found a single shadow I don't like, which is VERY rare for a palette. Additionally, the shadows last very well and are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

Exceptional palette - should definitely be added to the permanent line.

Throwing another extremely positive review on the heap for this palette.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE: Since buying this pallette months ago, I don't really reach for it as much. I think it is because I haven't figured out which ones have so much glitter it causes fall out all over my cheeks. I do my makeup in 5 minutes in the morning due to how much I work, and having sparkles all over my cheeks is just not professional. I've noticed all the non glittery colors are great but the rest is not. This palette is better than most UD palettes though! I would not repurchase.. back to my MAC eyeshadows!

Original review:
I was a little skeptical that this palette could be so awesome since all the other UD eye palettes are so sparkly and chunky... and I am a working professional with a preference for neutral but pretty eye colors. I also am not a big UD fan as the primer potion bottle design is horrible, and the e/s are pretty expensive individually vs mac e/s. The quality of the e/s in this palette are amazing.. the case is a little tacky but at least there is a mirror. I am very picky about eyeliners which this one that comes with the kit smears under my eyes even with the primer potion (I have oily oily eyelids)...but the eye shadows are fantastic. I was a little scared to get my 'creep' on.. but that color is key to making a smokey neutral eye look from night to day... I hope this stays permanent... best palette ever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

I LOOOOOVE this!! Seriously, i'm usually a mac eyeshadows girl, and i buy all neutral/brown eyeshadows (boring, I know) but anyways, I was looking on the sephora website and saw this! It had my name written all over it!! Although never trying urban decay shadows before, i thought, hey try something new! And i am so glad I did!! I love all the colors, the pigmentation is awesome!! Love Love love it!! Sorry mac, but now my heart belongs to this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

If you don't have the permanent shades included, or collect these palettes then I'd say it's worth the money. It's convenient to have all these neutrals in the same case for travel. However, all of these shades are now pretty common so a lot of people already have them in other brands. There isn't alot of variation between these shades. You get some ivory, champagne, bronzes, browns, and charcoals. This is a WARM palette, so be aware of that if you normally hate warm shades or feel they clash with your skintone or clothes. The only cool tone shade is the Gunmetal which has a slight blue grey cast. If you're trying to build a collection then try to get on a wait list. Sephora has one, but Ulta does not. Update: I'm unsure what to think of it now that I have it, but I'm going to check out the Naked and Neutral eye palettes from Too Faced.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by mrsthenderson

I love this palette! I have had it for about a week and have used it everyday. I love that is has such versatile colors. You will never run out of eyeshadow combos! It is such a great value. For $44 you get 12 eyeshadows, a primer potion, and 2 eyeliners. If I ever run out, I will repurchase, but I don't anticipate that as the shadows are so pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There's really nothing wrong that could be said about this palette. It's every neutral color anyone could need for an affordable price and includes a base and 2 liners. It's beautifully made and visually appealing (a soft velvet case with gold lettering is just perfect for these warm colors). I bought this bc of you guys and I'm thrilled with it! There are several finishes and the colors are sooo soft in the pan and easily blended. 44 bucks at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I collect UD palettes and this is one of the best palettes they have ever released because of the mix of shimmer and matte shades.

If you have other UD palettes you will probably find that you have quite a few of these shades or shades similar to the ones in this palette. However, for convenience and travel purposes it is nice to have great neutrals and mattes contained in one palette. For example, Half Baked and Gunmetal are also in the Book of Shadows Vol 2. Smog is found in several palettes (and will also be included in the upcoming Book of Shadows Vol 3).

The shadows are very pigmented, very finely milled and thus very blendable.

Included with the palette is a double-ended 24/7 liner in black (Zero) and matte dark brown (Whiskey) as well as a mini UD Primer Potion. This adds to the convenience and travel-friendly factor.

This is NOT a limited edition item. UD sent out an email to everyone on their distribution list confirming that this item is permanent and that they will keep on making this palette as fast as they can until in their words everyone that wants one gets one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No