MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 5/28/2003 12:53:00 PM

Mine is NC30. Honestly speaking I feel quite cheated. The MAC guy tested the concealer shade on my face at the counter and it matched perfectly. however, subsequently, it always looks orangey when i use it on my face.

On dark circles, the colour is fine, but it creases and cakes easily. and i always look as if i put on a lot of concealer cos of the caking.

Plus, it's really hard to get the concealer, it dries up easily and you have to kinda dig to get it.

on 5/23/2003 5:16:00 PM

The best thing about this concealer is the likelihood of finding a great color match. It's quite thick and creamy, and can be a bit tricky to apply without a decent concealer brush. I can't use it under my eyes, as it looks caked on and creases terribly. But it works well as a spot cover, and blends quite easily on moisturized skin (forget trying to blend it on dry skin). I wouldn't consider it a 'holy grail', but for the price, color selection and quality it's definitely worth a look.

on 5/23/2003 2:07:00 PM

i really didn't like this product. i think its the same as the "pot concealer"? anyway it hardens in an airconditioned room and i have to really dig in to get some out. in the sun, the top layer melts into this oily film. its very cakey and creases badly into the lines under my eyes. works ok on other parts of the face but i had to thin it out with moisturiser or it'll be cakey too. about an hour after application it either slips or starts to crack no matter how thinly i blend or how little i use. great range of shades though. i use it as an eyeshadow base now.

I have this concealer in W10. I think it's just not the right colour for me, but the SA insisted it was perfect. Apart for that, I found this to be a reasonable concealer. I needed to mix it with a bit of foundation or moisturizer to make it a little thinner and easier to blend, but the coverage is impressive and doesn't crease. It's very easy to overuse, which can create a heavy, chalky look, but if used caerfully it works very well. I intend on heading back to find the correct colour as this seems like a pretty good product.

on 5/18/2003 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. It goes on flawless and makes your skin look that way too! It's a bit on the pricey side but it's sooooo worth the money. A little goes a long way... I've had mine since December and I'm not running out anytime soon. Also, if you buy it at one of their butiques a professional will consult with you to make sure you get the right shade and that you know exactly how to apply it to "conceal" certain things...Go buy this product.

on 5/14/2003 8:29:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL FOR SURE!!! I absolutely love this concealer. It goes on like a dream and blends fantastically (I prefer to use my finger). I have NEVER had a creasing problem, even in my oily T-zone. I've tried a lot of concealers, A LOT, and this is the only one I would consider repurchasing. And I love the "pot" concept...much better than tube or wand form. Should last forever, too. In case you couldn't tell, I'm thrilled!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

By George, I've found it! My HG concealer. This is the best stuff out there! IMO, MAC has the BEST color matches- unlike Origins... NW45 matches my skin tone EXACTLY. Also, this stuff is so creamy, it's easy to blend and it leaves my sace looking moisturzed and radiant. It's hard to believe that something so oil based doesn't break me out, instead, it felt light and made my skin look and feel better. I hate looking like I have on lots of makeup, but my closest buddies couldn't even tell I had anything on. Even thought the pot is small, it seems like it will last a really long time, so when I finally run out, I will repurchase.

on 5/14/2003 12:46:00 PM

Desperately searching for a good creamy concealer, I found a saviour in Studio Finish NW20. The consistency is creamy smooth and it blends easily. No need to be heavy handed with this concealer; it covers well with a small amount! I was hesistant to try such shade with so much pink in it because I have so much yellow in my skin but the effect was very natural and just what I needed for undereye and blemish coverage. A great product for a great price!

on 4/28/2003 5:02:00 PM

I have this in NC20, which matches my light olive-toned skin *almost* but not quite perfectly. It covers extremely well, although it can be hard to blend and looks cakey if too much is applied. But what concealer doesn't, right? At $12.50 for a hefty 7g of product, it's hard to go wrong. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 4/27/2003 8:34:00 AM

i've been using this for about 4 years and I think i might try the stila one next. You need to layer some powder over it so it'll last longer tho, and the only gripe is, it does move into the eye creases but after 10-20 mins if u run ur finger LIGHTLY over it, that should do it for the rest of the day. But u'll need to touch up a little with powder halfway thru the day... lots of shades to choose from, so that's great.

Top Rated MAC Products