Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/19/2009 10:06:00 AM

Went to get this at Sephora and the #125 matches EXACTLY with my winter skin color. It is a liquid that can go on pretty sheer--my freckles still can be seen--but of course, you can use more if you want. I liked the way it evened out my skin and made it look like a more perfect version of myself, not masky at all. Not oily either. It was very comfortable and I like that it comes in a pump to keep the rest of the liquid clean and fresh. However, towards the end of the day, my eyes do tell me to take it off (I cannot wear eye makeup because of sensitive eyes) and it does not have SPF, which is important for someone who does not have a lot of time to get made up because of children and would rather get more beauty sleep if given a choice. i will be using this more in the winter than in the summer, when I plan to wear a tinted moisturizer. So this container is going to last me a VERY long time. Who knows what will be available once I'm out? I would buy this again unless I find an all-natural one with SPF that matches my skintone.

on 1/18/2009 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I rebought this foundation in my correct shade. Last time I bought it the Sephora sales girl couldn't be bothered to help me and gave me the wrong color. Anyway, I found a nice girl today and she helped me find the right shade. I came home and tried and it and loved it! Keeping my fingers crossed I don't break out b/c I have very sensitive skin. If it all works out this will be my HG of foundations! Good coverage(have acne scars) didn't get oily, nice color match. Love it!

on 1/18/2009 3:36:00 AM

i love it.

on 1/16/2009 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! I had never found a liquid foundation that I liked until this product. I was an avid BM foundation wearer, but I found my skin to be really dry so I wanted to try a liquid foundation. This stuff is great because it is so easy to use (love the pump), lasts all day on me, disappears into my skin, gives me a great medium coverage that evens out my face, covers small blemishes, and doesn't look makeup-y at all. I have gotten numerous comments on my skin since wearing this. I only need 1 pump to cover my whole face, so that justifies the price. I prefer to use it with a skunk brush and stipple it all over my face before blending it in. Works great! I recommend it!

on 1/15/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have not bought it yet but I have sampled them a few times, enough to know how this works on me. My staple primer is the HD blue/purple from this line, and I love the finish result of them working together. I am not very sure whether this foundation will work as well without the HD primer but I think it will work with other type of primer. This goes on evenly and melts right into your skin. Very nice coverage and photos well. The staying power is average, nothing stays on my oily face longer than 5 hours anyways. The plus of this is that even if it slides off, it does not make touch ups tougher like some foundation do.
In term of price...how is this high? This is average for a department store foundation. I've tried many foundations and the price of this is definitely reasonable...think about La Prarine, La Mer...easily over $100.

on 1/15/2009 3:57:00 AM

This is an initial review on HD foundation, which I have been testing out.

I have oily/combo, sensitive, VERY acne-prone skin. I also have uneven skintone and acne scarring. AND fine lines and dry patches :P So far, HD is a very good foundation. I'd say it's light to medium coverage, it evens things out very nicely but doesn't completely cover the bad scarring or very red spots. You'd have to use a concealer in conjunction with it. Sure, I get shiny after a while, but I get shiny with everything- Revlon Colorstay and all. It's nothing too bad. It doesn't seem to be ultra long lasting, but that's ok with me. Just don't go work out or touch your face all day long if you want it to stay on. The finish is very natural looking, which I really like. It's like what I wish a tinted moisturizer would do for me! And by golly, it photographs beautifully. No lie. I know that that is what it was designed to do, but it really works. I used to love LM oil free, it gave me the coverage I loved but man, did it look like poo in pictures. My face was always ghastly whiter than the rest of me, and my foundation matched (in person) perfectly. So I also love that about HD. The price is up there, but it's not the worst, but the pump bottle is good. I don't like that you can only get it at Sephora- points off for that. Not everyone has a Sephora nearby and you really need to sample a few shades IRL before buying. But add points for having a great color selection! I am a Mac NC25/30, LM Silk Creme bamboo beige/LM oil free Sunny Beige and I tried 118, 120 and 123. 120 is perfect for me right now. 123 will probably be great for summer (although I can get away with wearing it right now) but may be slightly light if I get very tan.

So far.. haven't broken out. If I were sensitive to this, I would have already broken out so it's probably safe to say I won't. Yay!

I think I am going to buy this. I'm really liking it so far. I will update if anything changes!

*UPDATE 2/25* I have since bought a full size bottle. Still loving it. One full pump does my whole face and then some. I have just enough left over to go over old scars, areas that need extra coverage again. The texture is phenomenal. Light and silky. Other reviewers are right when they say it will accentuate dry spots, but really, are there foundations that don't?? Just make sure to exfoliate & moisturize (if necessary) before applying. Hasn't caused any breakouts yet either. Again, I get shiny/oily with this, but I get shiny & oily from everything. I wouldn't stop me from repurchasing because there are so many other wonderful qualities in this foundation.

*UPDATE 10/10/09* This is still the best foundation I have been using. I tried switching back to Revlon Colorstay (too heavy, caused slight breakouts, not a good color match), L'oreal Age Perfect (eh- so-so, not a wide color selection, good moisturizing properties, gets a little oily) LM Silk Creme (decent, but I prefer MUFE HD). Has not caused any breakouts thus far, so I think it won't. Looks beautiful and natural if your skin is in decent condition. The best remedy to blending in any blemishes or scarring, is by using MUFE Full Cover concealer. MUFE HD 120 is a perfect match with Full Cover #4. I use 123 in the summer and I think #6 is a good match.

Still hands down my fave foundation so far.

on 1/15/2009 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and have to report that I absolutely love it! NC30 for reference and I use HD in 120. I use about 1 and a half pumps to cover my entire face using the MAC 188 brush then set it with MAC MSFN. It stays on pretty much throughout the entire day =)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in shade 120, I think. I also have the HD powder. I really like this foundation, its a perfect match to my skin and blends easily and looks really natural. Together with the powder, it looks flawless. Coverage is medium, I'd say. It lasts about 8-10 hours on me.

on 1/14/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't get the hype about this product. I found it didn't have very good coverage, and came off easily. It did look good right after application, but my face still got very oily and looked washed out after a few hours. I returned it and will not repurchase. Mat Velvet works much better for my oily skin, and gives better, longer-lasting coverage.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing such rave reviews, I had to try this. Color 118 is a perfect match - I finally found a color that helps combat redness and look completely natural. If I exfoliate and moisturize, this stuff looks amazing. The only problem is that at the end of the day, I sometimes look flakey, as this can be super drying. For me, the coverage lasts all day and does not turn oily/shiny. It nicely hides any little blemishes, redness, etc. The color selection is great and everyone is bound to find one. While the pricetag is a bit off-putting, all it takes it one pump a day. I've had my bottle for two months and am not even halfway finished with it.

Edit: I stopped using this for a while, when the color became too light for me, and just recently went back to it. Sadly, I don't love it like I used to. It looks very obvious and I can't find a color that looks just right anymore. There are definitely better foundations for my skin type and color out there.

Video Reviews & Tutorials