August 22, 2014 | 2074 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by 4miracles

At first, I have to say that I did not like this foundation. I got my sample at the end of the Summer here and it was still hot and humid. I had been using MUFE Mat Velvet + and it was perfect for me in the Georgia heat. With the humidity HD looked way too shiny. I decided to give this foundation another try when the air got dryer and the temp. went lower. My skin seemed to get a tad too try with my beloved MV+. Amazing! I use my MAC 187 to tap it on and buff. It gives wonderful coverage and makes my skin look nice and matte but also gives this beautiful velvet glow. Truly like faces look in the magazines! An airbrushed, glowing finish. It looks just as good at the end of the day as it does when I first put it on. My color in MUFE Mat Velvet is 40 and I have found that I can use either 118 or 120 in HD. They are both so close that I can hardly tell the difference in color. I think 120 may have a tad more yellow but it is not any darker than 118. I plan to re-purchase and will likely use this during the winter and MV during the summer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LyTran414

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I have tried plenty of makeup from Stila Illuminating foundation, tinted moisturizer, bare minerals, laura mercie tinted moist, etc but nothing gives me the coverage I want! I want a sheer to medium coverage for combination/oily skin, and this foundation does the trick!!! Initially I used a makeup brush to put the foundation on but it was too thick, so I decided to use MAC's makeup sponge which gives me just the right amount of coverage. I am olive toned so when I first used 153, it matched my skin exactly, however, my face is usually lighter than my body so I switched to a shade darker but it made me ashy. So I went to buy the HD MUFE primer in caramel. When I first used that primer it seemed very dark but you need to rub the primer in well and evenly. Then I used the MUFE foundation on top and it gave me a perfect and even colored skin, finally I topped it with HD powder. I usually hate it when I take pictures and my face is lighter than normal, however this time when I took pictures my face actually MATCHED my body and a it gave me a flawless finish, thank goodness that primer was sooo helpful!!!!!! It gives me a golden glowy tan which was perfect and I love the way it feels soo smooth on my skin unlike other types of foundation that is sticky......

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by SusanI

When I first applied this foundation I thought I'd finally found my HG. Loved the way it looked on my oily 39 year old skin.Best I had looked in a long time. Felt so confident. 3 hours later it was looking oily-shiney. I blotted applied powder. 5 hours later more oil-shine.I blotted applied powder. 8 hours later a greasey mess imperfections really showing. 10 hours later on my way home Nothing!! Looked like I hadn't put on foundation at all. I really loved it at first. Could be great for normal-combo skinned gals.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by baycoralore

I took 115 - a bit lighter than my skin - an alabaster tone.

I have been using the product for a month and still think I hate my face every-time I see myself in the mirror.

1) The foundation is heavy - I use special Kabuki brush for liquids to apply, but still its too heavy. I put my makeup on, then start to dress up, blow-dry my hair - after 15 minutes I m all sweaty.

2) The package is just right - that is a plus.

3) In the end of the day I see crocked, sick, shiny face, I didn't find it long lasting. It is not a daily product you use. It is an evening thing. Good for couple of hours. And of course for making pictures and videos.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by charlie1206

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

ok .. i really wanted to love this foundation .. let me tell you how bad i wanted to love this ... ok so i want to sephora .. i tried on number 178 and 177 and 175 .. in the store 178 looked the best .. i brought it and was happy as hell .. when i was in the car i started looking at myself and i looked so much darker than what i was ... i was mad .. so i went home washed it off and the next day tried it again .. still to dark .. so i went back and got a #177 the next color up .. this time i didn't get 2 try it on cause the store was closing ... so i got home and it looked too ashy .. i had noo color to me .. i was pissed i mean it goes on great and it feels good on the skin but the color sucks .. i kept it and am just gonna wear at night ...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since this was such a hyped product I caved in and purchased what I believed to be a perfect color match (120). However, during the two weeks I used this I noticed breakouts I normally don't get and it wasn't TTOM. When I stopped using the foundation my skin cleared up. As for the foundation itself, I would not recommend it for oily skin gals and definitely not for acne prone. Since there is a high amount of silicone in it the coverage is good but it does tend to separate by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by civicbabe627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found a new love for this foundation. I have been wishy-washy since I bought it, but it was because I wasn't using a primer. I know, dumb. Once I started using Clarins primer, I love HD! It photographs very nicely, and looks great in daylight. The 117 is a perfect color match for me. It blends flawlessly using a 187 brush.
I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by pupiq

I purchased it after my beloved F&B foundation had broken me. This is the best foundation i ever used and i cannot look to ds foundations anymore. Actually now peope who is wearing false looking foundation look so ridiculous to me! Yes, this can look like you wearing foundation, but still very natural, soft and good looking, not cheap or too obvious at all. Photos are great with this on. Also, it last on me until i take it off, i only set it with some ds loose powder. I use shade 125, and couldn't be happier, as it bleds effortlessly into my skin, concealing all the flaws without the mask look. It also improved my previously broken skin, but it isnt too moisturising ( i don't really need it to be, as i have oily skin). It is oil free, and i havent noticed any clogged pores.
It is a wonderful product i'm definately going to buy it again despite such high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Talste

I've been searching for my HG foundation for a while now & looks like I have found it ! My skin tone is NW20 so I purchased the MUFE HD foundation in 115 (light skin with pink undertones) I was worried it would be a bit to light or me but it blends in beautifully & leaves my face looking smooth, soft & flawless. I've already purchased my second bottle in 130 (medium/light skin with beige/pink undertones) to wear during the summer months when I get a bit tan. LOVE IT !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

i like it, but i really don't think it's any better than the MUFE face and body foundation, that has been my hg. even in pictures, it looks about the same. the shade i use is a perfect match for my skin, looks like it was custom made for me. one squirt does the trick, i love that this has a pump, unlike the F&B. it makes my skin look great, but i don't know just yet that i have to have this, over the face and body. i used the HD powder as well. got a little shiny after a little while, so i don't know. basically, this is really good but i think the Face and Body+Super mat loose powder combo is just as good or maybe better for me.
edit** ok, i really do love this now. i barely had any shine after hours of wear. my skin looks flawless. i still like the face and body too. but after wearing this a few more times, i do prefer it . the HD powder is great. i'm brown and it does not show up white on me at all. i truly love MUFE's foundations.
edit#2** i love the foundation but the powder is not as good as the Super Mat. so my perfect combo is the HD foundation and the Super mat loose powder.
EDIT#3 okay sorry to keep editing, but i just wanted to add that this can accentuate any dryness you have, so if you have dry skin this may not be the foundation for you. also, the HD powder is not really a good mattifying powder, Don't thing it's necessarily meant for that, if you are oily the Super Mat is great. for the people saying this doesn't last, i don't understand, are you using a good powder to set it? i've never had this just disappear. and if you feel that you get oily really fast, you should give the Super Mat loose powder a try, it's the only powder that keeps me matte for several hours, like 5-6 hrs, without having to blot. i don't know if there's any powder out there that will keep oily skin totally matte for 12 hours or so. some oil is to be expected, i thought.