November 26, 2014 | 1017 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 11:59:00 PM More reviews by nazzys_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading most of the reviews about how good it was, I decided to get Blacktrack and I am sooo glad I did. People aren't exaggerating when they say it stays on without smudging!!! Even after hours and hours of having this on, the liner looked like it had been applied just seconds ago. At first I was a bit iffy about spending so much on such a little jar of e/l, but I've realized that it's going to last a looong time because I never need to reapply, and a ton of colour goes on my liner brush with a super light stroke. The application process is smooth and super easy...if you're not familiar with putting on e/l with a brush, it'll only take a few tries before you get the hang of it :) What a great buy, I'll definitely be getting this again when/(if I ever!) run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ah63

This is my HG eyeliner. I use it almost every day. It's surprisingly easy to apply with the 266 brush (the angled one). One thing I always do is immediately after I apply I smudge it with a Q-tip to soften the line a bit. It works great to make a smokey eye look that will last all day. I also wore this to the pool all summer and I noticed it did run a little bit. It's better to put a tiny amount if you're going to get wet. For the most part it stayed in place.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 6:13:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I bought Blacktrack the first day the Fluidlines came out and I've been using it almost daily ever since. This goes on smoothly and once it's set, it doesn't budge. It's a 'true' deep black, too. I've had it for about 6-7 months now (I think they came out in the Spring?) and after using it 4-5x/week there is about half left. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahclarice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely amazed at how easily this applies. I use the 266 small angle brush and it gives me the perfect thin line. It wears all day without budging, even through my workouts. My only complaint is that when I took a nap, I woke up with the hugest smudges and I'm not sure if it was this or my mascara, so I'll give fluidline the benefit of the doubt and give it 5 lippies because it's so quick and easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have the right brush (like the MAC 209 eyeliner brush, or something like it) the application is smooth and very easy. The eyeliner doesn't move once it's set, and it sets pretty fast. I think this is less goopy than the Bobbi Brown gel liner, and actually doesn't seem as prone to drying. I have much love for Fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the reviews and having basically anyone who love MAC rave about it. I really love it too. It doesn't smudge at all. Just have to know how to line eyes with a brush and have a steady hand. Its my staple now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 4:24:00 AM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, after searching all the Nordstroms and Macy's in my city for a month and coming out empty-handed every time (well, almost every time) because Blacktrack was constantly OOS, I finally went to the MAC store and got it. I own four of the more popular colors already and I'm totally in love with all of them. I wore Blacktrack for the first time this late afternoon to midnight for a wedding banquet and not once did it smudge or run or fade. I do find that Blacktrack is very buildable in intensity. What baffles me are some of the reviews that say it does fade? I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but coming from personal experience, I have one of the most makeup-unfriendly faces in the whole world and Fluidline is totally budgeproof on me. I get greasy, icky, and just plain GROSS within an hour of washing because my skin is just that oily - makeup always ends up sliding off my face (I get panda eyes from mascara and any sort of eyeshadow without first priming). I know each and every person is different when it comes to how long their makeup lasts on them, but it makes me wonder how the Fluidlines fade on them? I am honestly curious about it and I wouldn't mind if someone paged me and told me how Fluidlines faded for them. I am also kind of curious about BB's gel eyeliners, so I might try them next!

Edit: It's so smokeable! Before it dries, I sometimes smudge it so it looks less harsh... more kohlish. I like it. A lot. Ok, I'll admit it, I LOVE IT. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2005 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lizsybarite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally got around to trying this (along with the 266 angled brush) and I'm so glad I did! I like the look of liquid liner but find it hard to apply, particularly if I don't want an eye that screams HI! I'M WEARING BLACK LIQUID EYELINER AND I AM SOOO GOTH! This is a pure, dark matte black, but somehow the look is a little softer - it doesn't overwhelm my eyeshadow. And I can use it on the waterline (YMMV). Goes on much smoother than a pencil. Frankly, I'm in love. I wish I could justify buying more colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd like to give this a 3.5, but I rounded up to a 4. This is the first gel liner I've used, and I have to say, it's not quite what I expected. Because I can use a makeup brush to apply (I used MAC 208 for this), it's pretty much goof-proof, unlike liquid liners, but it's not as pigmented as I thought it would be -- it tends to sheer out while I'm swiping the brush across my lid, so I have to apply a second time. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sexdrugsalgorithms

I'm not big into reviewing but I love this product enough to make a rare exception.

Formerly a dedicated liquid eyeliner user, I never found a single product that was smudgeproof, longlasting, non-irritating, and (most importantly) LOOKED great. I'd tried 2305873254 different black eyeliners in all variations before discovering MUA and really giving Fluidline a try.

While overseas at a Duty Free Shop I was in a hurry but saw it and was dying to to try it. I drew a line on my hand and rubbed it without letting it properly set - of course, it smeared like all the other liners I'd tried and it was really disappointing. I didn't buy it.

But when I got home my curiosity had peaked and I went to a MAC counter and tried it. Despite the fact that I didn't like how the artist applied it, I left with the 269 Medium Angle eye brush and a jar of Fluidling Blacktrack.

This liner lasts ALL DAY on me - doesn't fade or run or smudge or get funky whatsoever. I did, however, decide that I didn't like the application with the angle brush and stick with my Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush that really does the job well.