MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 2/13/2006 10:48:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, as I had heard that it is waterproof and a "stay put" black eyeliner. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me. Althought it probably lasted longer than other eyeliners that I have tried, but after 3 hours it was mostly worn off on my top lid. I do have oily eye lids so I was hoping that this was the eyeliner that would last; this was not the product. I do give this eyeliner two lipsticks because it went on super smooth, much easier than both liquid and pencil liners. It just didn't last well for me.

on 2/3/2006 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Blacktrack is my staple and HG. I use it everyday to line my lower rims and to line my eyes. I highly recommend this if you are looking a a TRUE black that does not turn grey or blue over the hours. This stays true black throughout the whole day and has lasted me through gym, the shower after that (yes i showered with my makeup on after gym lol), and through a humid long day out in the sun. The only thing I have not done with this on is swimming but i bet it's gonna stay put then too. The jar that holds this liner is really cute and the product will last u a long long time so it's worth every penny. Would repurchase & repurchase. Great product by MAC. Keep it up MAC, just don't discontinue this *ever*!
Update: I'm on my 4th jar now!

on 2/1/2006 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am so uncoordinated when it comes to applying any type of eyeliner. Fluidlines have made it so much easier for me to get a clean, even line without any smudging. Blacktrack is well, the blackest black you can get really. Sometimes I use an eyeshadow brush instead of my angled one just so I can pick up less product because it is quite overpowering. One annoying thing is that it's a little hard to remove if you've done a really thick line of it!

on 1/31/2006 10:13:00 PM

Ok, this is the first of the Fluidline eye-liners I have purchased. It probably won't be my last but it might take a bit before I do buy another. I only say "yes" I will purchase this again because I don't know if I'll find a better liner that gives the look of liquid without the mess of liquid. It's also very easy to apply... if you are patient. That being said: KEEP YOUR LIDS ON TIGHT! It will dry out.

The other thing I dislike about these is that it has the genius marketing ploy of giving you nothing to apply it with when purchased, so you're stuck buying another brush if you don't have one suitable. I understand this from a marketing perspective, but I would think MAC would sell a ton of these if they paired that wonderful little angled brush that cost me a pretty penny with these as kits. They give us little lip brushes with the holiday kits... why not include something similar for this? I think this is a special case because you really can't do this with out it.

Also, always buy brush cleaner with this stuff. I'm a little ticked I didn't.

on 1/31/2006 6:03:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeliner! It gives the look of liquid eyeliner without teh difficulty of the application. I use this with a MAC 209 eyeliner brush and it works beautifully. It's a rich pigmented black that lasts forever on your lids and is super-easy to apply. I can finally have that sixties cat eye look without struggling with liquid eyeliner! And there is a ton of product in teh jar, so it is well worth your $14.

on 1/31/2006 2:09:00 AM

Hands down, the best eyeliner I have ever used. It's $14, but the jar will last you forever. It's super easy to apply, and it stays all day and night long. I will never buy another eyeliner - it's Fluidline or nothing for me!

on 1/28/2006 12:42:00 PM

I bought this liner today, and was hearing a lot of good things about it. I tried it, and it's great on the lids, and stays like a mountain. Everyone says it's easier to work with, but I didn't notice any big cons in that ways. But I like the product very much...
Pros: Price, and stays on like a rock...

on 1/27/2006 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Undoubtedly the best black eyeliner ever! Does not smudge. Very versatile and workable. I've been using it everday since I got it. This is the must-have basic gel eyeliner for me.

on 1/19/2006 8:34:00 PM

Simply the best "liquid" eyeliner I have ever used :)

on 1/19/2006 6:16:00 PM

Stays on ALL day, even for me!!! Nearly everything else I tried before didn't stay on my lids (except Clinique cream shapers and some MAC powerpoints). Stark black, eyes to apply (make sure you get a good brush!), and doesn't smudge all over the place. If you do want to smudge it, make sure you do it right away because once it sets, it won't budge.

Top Rated MAC Products