September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd like to give this a 3.5, but I rounded up to a 4. This is the first gel liner I've used, and I have to say, it's not quite what I expected. Because I can use a makeup brush to apply (I used MAC 208 for this), it's pretty much goof-proof, unlike liquid liners, but it's not as pigmented as I thought it would be -- it tends to sheer out while I'm swiping the brush across my lid, so I have to apply a second time. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sexdrugsalgorithms

I'm not big into reviewing but I love this product enough to make a rare exception.

Formerly a dedicated liquid eyeliner user, I never found a single product that was smudgeproof, longlasting, non-irritating, and (most importantly) LOOKED great. I'd tried 2305873254 different black eyeliners in all variations before discovering MUA and really giving Fluidline a try.

While overseas at a Duty Free Shop I was in a hurry but saw it and was dying to to try it. I drew a line on my hand and rubbed it without letting it properly set - of course, it smeared like all the other liners I'd tried and it was really disappointing. I didn't buy it.

But when I got home my curiosity had peaked and I went to a MAC counter and tried it. Despite the fact that I didn't like how the artist applied it, I left with the 269 Medium Angle eye brush and a jar of Fluidling Blacktrack.

This liner lasts ALL DAY on me - doesn't fade or run or smudge or get funky whatsoever. I did, however, decide that I didn't like the application with the angle brush and stick with my Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush that really does the job well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

This is my first ever MAC product - it was a gift from my best friend. :) I apply it with the Chanel angled liner brush. This is a nice gel eyeliner. I apply this only to my upper lids. It has smudged a little and has disappeared after several hours, but that is to be expected from any eyeliner, I believe. I probably wouldn't buy it again, since I want to try the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner pots.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found my HG liner! Normally I use a liquid black eyeliner but a lot of the felt tip applicators I've had trouble with in the past; they gave me a hard time drawing a precise line. I think it's the combination of the Paula's Choice eye lining brush and this fluidline eyeliner from MAC that gives me the perfect line in one quick swipe. It has a very nice creamy gel-like consistency and it creates a very rich color that does not wear off during the day at all. Previously I have tried liquid eyeliners from Almay and Revlon and with those, I always had to correct mistakes with wet q-tips but I never make a mistake with this one. Only downfalls are that it's kind of expensive and that I now have to wash my eye lining brush daily after each use, but it's definately worth it! I figure I can use up more of my MAC bruch cleaner and that and this cute eyeliner jar can go towards my growing pile for Back 2 MAC for free lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 6:16:00 AM More reviews by aznsmurfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the little pot! :D It's so fun to play with. I put this on with a 209 brush and the precision just blows me away. Props go to the brush for being so good but also for the product for being so smooth and creamy and easy to apply. And also easy to clean off, unlike *cough* some other *cough* Stila Smudge Pot*cough*. :P continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2005 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Chloe70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner. It goes on sooooo smooth. You have great control over the consistancy and thickness. Wear it bold for movie star eyes or tone it down. It was very expensive i thought, but i got mine off ebay for half the price. Would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by sabeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love this eyeliner!!..ive found my HG eyeliner!!!...ive used NYC....maybelline..revlon..loreal..almay...covergirl.almost all drugstore ones n wasnt really satisfied with any!!..My friend was getting engaged so i decided to get my makeup done by MAC..the girl put this on me n told me all abt it that its waterproof n will stay on ur eyes all day without smudging..coming off etc etc...i didnt blv her at first..but when i came back home from the eng n looked at myself in the mirror i noticed my eyeliner was still there..didnt smudge or flake off..it looked the same as when i had applied it...i was just in love with it right there n then...and its so easy to apply with the Mac 209 brush....im telling u ..u will not regret this purchase!!!Also at first i thought that the packaging sucked cuz i wouldnt be able to carry the brush n eyeliner case in my bag to reapply during a party or something..cuz my bag would get dirty by the brush..but trust me once u put it on..no reapplications necessary..therefore no need to carry around in purse!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ali78

Fluidlines are the only liner that will stay put on my super oily lids. It even lasts through a gym workout. I apply it with a very thin nail art brush. Blacktrack is a smooth flat black. It really opens up and defines my eyes. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2005 11:31:00 AM More reviews by SunFlower85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I love this stuff. It goes one great with the #209 brush and stays put! I am an idiot when it comes to liquid like eyeliner, but this is almost fool proof! I smudged it a little bit with a Qtip and it looked awesome. If I hadnt smudged it, it would have looked more dramatic, but still great. I plan on buying several more of these!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by kiss4u

This stuff is soso.

But what really ticks me off is I have oily lids, and this stuff smudges . v__v

But the application factor is excellent. It is easy to glide on, and I must admit, it looks great for the first couple of hours.

I just hate how this stuff settles into lines after a few hours thouhg. It just looks like a gross mess after a while. Thats really unfortunate because this stuff looks great, and is very easy to apply.. I'll have to keep searching fo rmy HG