December 26, 2014 | 1818 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 12:52:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is GOOD STUFF! I gave Blacktrack a 5 in spite of its slight tendency to smudge on my extremely oily skin.

However, it still stays on far better than most eyeliners.
I've always tended to avoid black eyeliner on me because I'm so pale. I feared that black is just too harsh on me(NW15; brunette; bright green eyes) but Blacktrack has the amazing property of looking dark and intense without looking harsh.

I already had Fluidliner in Dipdown, and love it, but wanted a cool-toned liner to wear with gray shadows.Set with MAC's powder shadow in "Carbon," Blacktrack is perfect, since grey liner tends to look too light on me

I use a MAC 311 brush to line each upper lid with "Blacktrack" + "Carbon," then line lower lids with UD's 24/7 eye pencil in one of the lighter colors. Eyelining perfection, and it stays fresh-looking for hours!

I'm very happy with Blacktrack, and if I ever run out of it, I'll repurchase.
UPDATE: I've been using "Blacktrack" for nearly a year now, and I don't know how I ever managed without it! .

At any rate, I get just the look I want: a dense-looking, defined-but-soft upper lashline. This is definitely not your mother's 60s roofing-tar-black-and-harsh liquid eyeliner. It gives better coverage than pencil or powder, without the inky harshness of a standard fluid liner. For me, it's the perfect way to line my upper lids. I plan to keep buying as long as this stuff stays on the market!
NOTE: "Blacktrack" is officially IT for me! I can't imagine using any other liner from now on. "Blacktrack" goes with everything, applies easily(well, usually), covers beautifully, stays put, and doesn't cost a fortune. I can't imagine being without it. Pencils just never gave me the kind of coverage I want, but "Blacktrack" does, without looking harsh. I'm now on my second jar.HG! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2005 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Laundale

Love Love Love these liners. I used my 266 brush and they go on like butter. A nice clean line, absolutely perfect. Blacktrack is great, but I really adore Blitz & Glitz for that little something extra. I also have Silverstoke, Macroviolet (which I am kinda iffy about) Non-conformist (which I haven't even tried yet), Frostlite and Rich Ground. These really are great formula and the pot actually holds a lot of product. UPDATE: I lost the cap to my Fluidline and when I found it 2 weeks later, there was a giant crack in my liner, but, I used a narrow brush handle and kinda smooshed it all back together. It worked, but there is a lot less now, so sad. The moral of the story? Don't Lose The Cap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by pikescat

My first fluidliner and I love it! These beat the smudgepots into the dust. It goes on evenly and smoothly and lasts ALL DAY. I could not ask for more from an eyeliner--I love the way this looks on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 11:59:00 PM More reviews by nazzys_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading most of the reviews about how good it was, I decided to get Blacktrack and I am sooo glad I did. People aren't exaggerating when they say it stays on without smudging!!! Even after hours and hours of having this on, the liner looked like it had been applied just seconds ago. At first I was a bit iffy about spending so much on such a little jar of e/l, but I've realized that it's going to last a looong time because I never need to reapply, and a ton of colour goes on my liner brush with a super light stroke. The application process is smooth and super easy...if you're not familiar with putting on e/l with a brush, it'll only take a few tries before you get the hang of it :) What a great buy, I'll definitely be getting this again when/(if I ever!) run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ah63

This is my HG eyeliner. I use it almost every day. It's surprisingly easy to apply with the 266 brush (the angled one). One thing I always do is immediately after I apply I smudge it with a Q-tip to soften the line a bit. It works great to make a smokey eye look that will last all day. I also wore this to the pool all summer and I noticed it did run a little bit. It's better to put a tiny amount if you're going to get wet. For the most part it stayed in place.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 6:13:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I bought Blacktrack the first day the Fluidlines came out and I've been using it almost daily ever since. This goes on smoothly and once it's set, it doesn't budge. It's a 'true' deep black, too. I've had it for about 6-7 months now (I think they came out in the Spring?) and after using it 4-5x/week there is about half left. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahclarice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely amazed at how easily this applies. I use the 266 small angle brush and it gives me the perfect thin line. It wears all day without budging, even through my workouts. My only complaint is that when I took a nap, I woke up with the hugest smudges and I'm not sure if it was this or my mascara, so I'll give fluidline the benefit of the doubt and give it 5 lippies because it's so quick and easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have the right brush (like the MAC 209 eyeliner brush, or something like it) the application is smooth and very easy. The eyeliner doesn't move once it's set, and it sets pretty fast. I think this is less goopy than the Bobbi Brown gel liner, and actually doesn't seem as prone to drying. I have much love for Fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the reviews and having basically anyone who love MAC rave about it. I really love it too. It doesn't smudge at all. Just have to know how to line eyes with a brush and have a steady hand. Its my staple now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 4:24:00 AM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, after searching all the Nordstroms and Macy's in my city for a month and coming out empty-handed every time (well, almost every time) because Blacktrack was constantly OOS, I finally went to the MAC store and got it. I own four of the more popular colors already and I'm totally in love with all of them. I wore Blacktrack for the first time this late afternoon to midnight for a wedding banquet and not once did it smudge or run or fade. I do find that Blacktrack is very buildable in intensity. What baffles me are some of the reviews that say it does fade? I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but coming from personal experience, I have one of the most makeup-unfriendly faces in the whole world and Fluidline is totally budgeproof on me. I get greasy, icky, and just plain GROSS within an hour of washing because my skin is just that oily - makeup always ends up sliding off my face (I get panda eyes from mascara and any sort of eyeshadow without first priming). I know each and every person is different when it comes to how long their makeup lasts on them, but it makes me wonder how the Fluidlines fade on them? I am honestly curious about it and I wouldn't mind if someone paged me and told me how Fluidlines faded for them. I am also kind of curious about BB's gel eyeliners, so I might try them next!

Edit: It's so smokeable! Before it dries, I sometimes smudge it so it looks less harsh... more kohlish. I like it. A lot. Ok, I'll admit it, I LOVE IT. continued >>