April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2004 3:01:00 PM More reviews by kjames8860

I seem to have a smudging problem with a lot of mascaras, but this left especially dark areas on my eyelids where the lashes touch. It did this after only a few hours. It really lengthed the lashes and looked dramatic, but the smudging is not worth the $18 that this costs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is with me and BeneFit products. I know they're overpriced, but I can't resist them. They're so cute and seem to offer so much promise in the package. Bad Gal Lash is one product that actually didn't disappoint me as much as I thought it would (I know, I must be a sucker for punishment if I keep buying stuff from their line, but hey, I haven't shelled out 28 bucks for Lipscription yet, so I am showing *some* self-control). Anyway. Bad Gal Lash actually does what it promises - it makes my lashes big and thick and long and dramatic. Not to mention, I feel like a badass every time I whip out that GIGANTIC tube. I already have long, thick eyelashes, but the tips are blond and if I'm not wearing mascara, you can't tell how long they are. Bad Gal makes them look like false eyelashes. The cons: The fat wand, much as I love it, can be hard to maneuver, and it can be a little bit smeary at first, so you have to be careful with application. Otherwise, though, I'm pretty satisfied with it. I have to say that I think I'd buy it again (unless I found another mascara that did exactly the same thing but was less smeary).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2004 1:25:00 PM More reviews by coolRED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I admit it. I think I may like BeneFit more than the products warrant because of the product names and just how cute and clever it all is. Maybe i'm just a sucker. this mascara only works well for me if i use it over a base coat of another mascara that DOESN'T clump. Then it gives a nice dramatic lash effect. Otherwise, it just looks like a big goopy mess. Too expensive not to be able to stand alone. Sad... i really, really wanted to like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2004 8:37:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this one, but I, too, get the raccoon eyes within an hour after applying it. I find if I just barely touch the lower lids it minimizes the smudge, but for $18 a tube I shouldn't have that problem. I gave it a 3 because after 3 or 4 coats it does make my upper lashes look really good, but not significantly more than others I've tried. Will use this up but I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by chokinggoddess

This is a fabulous mascara! It really plumps, thickens and lenghthens my barely-there lashes--without leaving oil all over my face, irritating my eyes, or clumping. It instantly gives me that glamourous fake-lash look which I love. Therefore, this mascara lives up to its promises. In addition, the packaging is great--it's jumbo-sized and makes applying the mascara fun and easy. Weeeee!

Update: This mascara does leave little rings under my eyes--but that's after hours of sweating. A little water on a cotton ball removes the offending "racoon eyes", and some powder to touch it up. This is still my number one mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2004 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Helly

Not loving this one. Enormous wand is fun but no good for the teeny lashes in the corner. In order to stop it from clumping I had to wipe almost all of the product from the wand, which given the price seems like a terrible waste. Hasn't smudged any worse than any other non-waterproof mascara I've used but am yet to cry in it... It just doesn't feel like a high-end mascara, like YSL Faux Cils, for example. Will not repurchase, would rather have two l'oréal mascara for the same price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by MZMRIZ

I'm not too sure about this mascara yet...some days I love it and other days it's just OK or maybe that's just my eyelashes...:). The brush reminds me of the Diorshow brush however I think it's better for me than the Diorshow. It doesn't flake or go dry and I also don't have a problem with it smudging. I think it's worth a try because I've tried many mascaras and this is one I'm likely to buy again...if I don't find anything better in my search for the perfect mascara for my eyelashes...:)
*UPDATE* I think I really do like this mascara a lot! I apply 2 coats and curl my lashes in between and I get the most amazing lashes that last all day long. This is the only mascara I have ever used that doesn't clump when you apply layers...even when the layers in between have dried. This is one mascara I'm happy I tried..:)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkie9189

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! It has a huge wand, which I thought was so cool. With one swipe, it truly looks like you put on fake lashes. As with all mascaras for me, for some reason it works better on my right eye. It still works great on my left eye though. It hardly clumps at all. I think that they should make a curved brush version.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2004 1:20:00 AM More reviews by amychan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

smudge-o-rama. I was wondering what the big gray marks undermy eyes were..Bad Gal mascara. And the brush is too big if you have small lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by jai1982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really like this mascara but it smudges like a mother. i put She-Laq on top of it to solve the problem but still , its a hassle. Benefit should make a waterproof version.