August 29, 2014 | 1770 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I had convinced myself earlier this year that if I never bought another eye shadow in my life, I'd still be well stocked into my 90s. But when swatches and reviews of UD's Naked palette kept popping up, my no-eyeshadow-buy flew straight out the window, and I was determined to find myself one, even with reports of zero availability everywhere.

I'm so, so, so happy I found one; this is the insanely, ridiculously, unbelievably pretty and perfect. Urban Decay has found a loyal customer in me with the development of this product.

Packaged in a gorgeous velvet brown box, this palette contains 12 full sized shadows. As described by Sephora, they include Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), and Gunmetal (dark grey metallic). It also comes with a small version of UD's popular primer and a double-ended eyeliner in black and deep brown. I'm a fan of every single shade in this palette; they're all so versatile and wearable that with one palette, you can go from a simple daytime eye to a smoldering, sexy, smoky eye for evening. None are over-the-top in terms of gritty glitter; some are matte, and the shimmering variety are subtle and glowing. They're all incredibly pigmented, and their buttery rich texture easily matches LORAC's, which, until now, I thought were the best shadows on the market.

For $44 US, this is an amazing deal. Purchasing all of these independently would cost just a little over $200. I know now what I'm getting the girls in my life for Christmas - and although it's only August now, I've got to be on the ball, considering how fast these have sold out with each re-stock at Sephoras and Ultas everywhere.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by DaMaBe324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG i love this pallet. I have always been the person to wear sheer colors on my eyes but bought this when I deceided to change my look some. I can wear darker colors without looking too goth. I love all the colors in the kit. They blend well, look amazing. I am so happy with this kit. Would def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hiphopdance5

Oooo can't possibly say enough wonderful things about this pallette. Urban decay got it right on the money with this one. 44 dollars may seem expensive initially but the shadow quality is amazing and u get a lot of shadow not to mention the eyeliners and primer potion. Love love love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. I have soo much make up so it takes a lot to actually purchase a "high end" item and to have something I do buy actually catch my attention in a big way well, this palette did! Its so freaking nice, the colors are ALL nice (no duds!!) and the only problem I had / have is with the falling glitter / shimmer some UD shadows but included with the palette is a mini (but nicely sized) Primer Potion that totally takes care of any shimmer fallout and / or creasing. The palette is a really good deal because you get 12 different shadows, the mini primer and the half and half black and brown eyeliner (amazing lasting power) all for 44$. I am thrilled with this purchase, its the best thing I've gotten make up wise in a quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ktgti

I love this palette and I was so excited when I saw it sitting at Ulta! This is actually the only UD palette I have so I am definitely pleased with the quality of the eye shadows. It was very pigmented and super smooth. At $44, this is a steal considering how many different shadows you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Shall I add my two cents about this palette - sure why the heck not! At first I didnt think I wanted it cuz Ive got tons of nude es already but the hype lured me in. It was very htf but when my ulta restocked I called and had them hold the last one for me. when I picked it up I was told that there were lots of angry gals who were trying to get them to sell it to them instead. Luckily it was still there waiting for me! This palette is packed with gorgeous colors and is well worth the 44 bucks! Hope to get lots of use out of this gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by iamjess03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard this was a limited edition palette. I hope not. The shadows are so soft and opaque and are beautiful colors. I just hate the way the eyeliner is packed in there. I think the price is decent for all the shadows you get. You can make daytime looks and night looks with this palette. So it is a great palette to bring on vacation, instead of bringing lots of different palettes or eyeshadow singles.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by aznanjl

i love this palette! (of course) but why? i haven't always been a neutral kinda girl. i LOVE bright purples, greens, you name it, i probably have tried that color. in fact, i used to avoid wearing gold/bronzey type of colors because i thought it would emphasize the yellow-ness of my asian skintone even more.

but...this palette looked so nice that in spite of my apprehensions, i had to try it. i you tubed a few looks and played around with it myself, and now i'm hooked! i've only been using this palette for the past week, and i can't get enough! i've learned that gold and bronze CAN look good on me. one of my current favorite looks with this is to use baked on the inner 1/3 of the lid, smog on the middle, and hustle on the outer 1/3 and then blend that into the crease a bit. then i line the bottom lash with hustle and top w/ zero liner. love it! i am considering buying a back up...

PS- one thing i would improve as with other UD palettes- i don't like how the liners aren't secured in the palette, they always fall out and i'll probably lose the liner at some point!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by aznanjl

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

ok...don't send me hate mail but this pallette is just so-so. i won't pull down the ratings because i'm sure it accomplished what it was set out to do. i don't know how to put this ...but a neutral on a caucasian woman is not the same as a neutral on an african american woman (i have the same issue with shoes and bras). so with that said, these colors are not my go-to everyday neutrals and i don't love this as much as others. i will give it a 4 on the quality and value. i have very deep brown complexion and finding 'neutral' eyeshadows are a chore for me so if anyone shares my complexion or is a make up artist and can offer some assistance, i'd be grateful. OH YEAH, AND THIS IS NOT A LE, STOP BUYING 4 AND 5 AND STOP PAYING $100 FOR THIS ON EBAY!

34 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No