Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/3/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a *great* palette for an enhanced nudish (but not necessarily natural) look. Many colors are shimmery or glittery, and quite a few are rather dark. So this may not serve for low key day wear, some work environments, or someone who doesn't like shimmer or glitter (but if you don't, why buy UD? :-) It is *terrific* for a festive natural look when you don't want bright colors.
PLUSES:
1. The shadows are good sized.
2. There are satin & matte shadows as well as shimmers & glitters. I'm over 60 and matte shadows make my eyes look *dead*! So i'm glad there aren't too many of them. Many of the shadows have a nice controllable shimmer. Only a few are typical UD glitter bombs, and, hey, this old girl likes a bit of glitter once in a while :-)
3. There is a wide range of cool & warm colors: beiges, peaches, browns, & greys, so any skin tone can create great looks.
4. Set includes an adorable mini bottle of primer potion that fits into a small makeup kit. Originally there was a double ended eye liner pencil, black on one end, brown on the other (i like brown eyeliner). Because the pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, the new edition has an eyeshadow brush instead.
5. Box has a large mirror inside the shadow case.
WARNING: The palette is too big to fit in a little evening bag. And it won't fit into a standard small handbag. But it fits fine in my current go-to large purse.
MINUS: Only one: The original set included no applicator for the shadows. That may be just as well, because those stubby foam thingies are an abomination. But i have plenty of brushes, so not a problem. And i find i get extra color payoff when i apply UD shadows with my finger tip than a brush. NOTE: Eyeliner pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, so now the set DOES come with an eyeshadow brush.
This is absolutely a CLASSIC!

on 9/3/2010 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

OMG! i am in love with this palette no joke! I am so glad this is permanent because i no i will be using these colors for a long time! they are so beautiful and they are good for all skin colors, hair colors, and eye colors. When i saw this on the internet i knew i had to get it and when i did i was in heaven. The eyeliners (whiskey and zero) go on so smooth and of course the primer potion is amazing. i am so happy urban decay came out with this!

on 9/2/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm not really into crazy bright eyeshadows, so this palette is perfect for me. After weeks and weeks of trying to get it, I finally snagged one from Sephora like a month ago and I've been using it nonstop! The $44 price tag might throw you off, but the amount of product you get is insane. And the colors! OMG, sooo beautiful! And their full size!!! Now, if you're looking for a good matte palette, this may not be for you since there are only 2 matte eyeshadows. But if you love neutrals, like I do, GO GET IT!! There's a nice blend of satins, mattes, shimmers, everything!!! that just make it so easy to use everyday from day to night. Thank God UD did not make this limited edition.... so if you're still trying to get yours, don't worry! You'll get it eventually and it'll totally be worth it! :]

on 9/2/2010 4:46:00 PM

Thank goodness this is not a limited time product. When I first saw my fav youtube guru doing a make up look with this I knew I had to get it. All 12 full sized shadows + UDPP + 2 sided liner for $44, what's not to love about it. Pretty much all your eye products in one pkg. If I was rich I'd buy one for all my girlfriends!

on 9/2/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay so after all the great reviews on this I really wanted to get. It and see if it really was as wonderful as everyone has said. Since I didn't know were to get in it Canada when I found a safora I walked right over to urban decay and picked up the naked pallet. I just used it today and I have to say it is amazing! I have never tried a better eyeshadow pallet! I know this will last me a long time and when I run Out I will get. Another one! :)

on 9/2/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This is a great product. I have wanted this since I saw it on Temptalia months ago. So far the best combo for my skin tone is smog on the lid, buck to blend it out, and darkhorse in the crease. It's so pretty! I really enjoy this palette and I plan on doing many looks with it. Also for all the MAC lovers, Buck looks really pretty on paired with Bronze e/s. Im NW 45 for reference:) UPDATE 01/15/11: I'm giving this product to my neice who is probably NC 35 maybe a little darker. The first four shadows are too light for me, Virgin it too frosty. I much prefer MAC Femme Fi to high.lightIDK, the shadows are great but I have some dupes or extras(ie BOS II). Oh well I tried to like it and it's just for me, which is why it still has 5 lippies.

on 9/2/2010 11:10:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!! I'm generally a neutrals kind of girl, throwing a little color on every now and then. So getting this palette was a dream come true. I had to track it down and finally ended up getting it at Ulta. I have been using it everyday since then. Its so convenient and I keep it in my purse all the time. Since there are days where I run out without makeup. Will def be buying another one in case I use my first one up. Can't go wrong with this palette.

on 9/2/2010 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the first palette I have purchased where I can use every single shade! It has every neutral you would need from light to dark to create any look for day or night. The packaging is perfect for travelling or just to have everything in one place.

I am NC37 and can use every shade without problem, even virgin does not appear too light for a highlight, actually it is my highlight of choice at the moment. Sidecar is one of my favourite shades but the glitter fallout is annoying so I just do my foundation after my eyeshadow when using that one. All the others are creamy, easy to apply and a dream to blend. I was surprised and the lasting power of these shadows. After applying my makeup at 7am and returning home at 7pm my eyes still looked perfect. Face gets touched up during the day but eyes don't.

Fav shades so far are smog, sidecar and darkhorse.

24/7 pencils are great. Applies creamily, smudges easily and lasts in waterline.

For all the Mac, BB, YSL etc palettes that I own this is so far my favourite.

on 9/2/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love love love this palette! All the colors are super flattering even with my brown eyes. I use UD primer regularly and am happy to say it's very crease proof even with my oily lids. The shimmery colors aren't too shimmery, just a nice velvety sheen to them. Comes with a dual ended eyeliner in black and brown. Worth every single penny, only cost me $55.

on 9/1/2010 11:13:00 PM

This is an excellent product. It's heavily crease-resistant and stays on all day, even if most other products don't ---
I love it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches