October 1, 2014 | 1525 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE: Since buying this pallette months ago, I don't really reach for it as much. I think it is because I haven't figured out which ones have so much glitter it causes fall out all over my cheeks. I do my makeup in 5 minutes in the morning due to how much I work, and having sparkles all over my cheeks is just not professional. I've noticed all the non glittery colors are great but the rest is not. This palette is better than most UD palettes though! I would not repurchase.. back to my MAC eyeshadows!

Original review:
I was a little skeptical that this palette could be so awesome since all the other UD eye palettes are so sparkly and chunky... and I am a working professional with a preference for neutral but pretty eye colors. I also am not a big UD fan as the primer potion bottle design is horrible, and the e/s are pretty expensive individually vs mac e/s. The quality of the e/s in this palette are amazing.. the case is a little tacky but at least there is a mirror. I am very picky about eyeliners which this one that comes with the kit smears under my eyes even with the primer potion (I have oily oily eyelids)...but the eye shadows are fantastic. I was a little scared to get my 'creep' on.. but that color is key to making a smokey neutral eye look from night to day... I hope this stays permanent... best palette ever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

I LOOOOOVE this!! Seriously, i'm usually a mac eyeshadows girl, and i buy all neutral/brown eyeshadows (boring, I know) but anyways, I was looking on the sephora website and saw this! It had my name written all over it!! Although never trying urban decay shadows before, i thought, hey try something new! And i am so glad I did!! I love all the colors, the pigmentation is awesome!! Love Love love it!! Sorry mac, but now my heart belongs to this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

If you don't have the permanent shades included, or collect these palettes then I'd say it's worth the money. It's convenient to have all these neutrals in the same case for travel. However, all of these shades are now pretty common so a lot of people already have them in other brands. There isn't alot of variation between these shades. You get some ivory, champagne, bronzes, browns, and charcoals. This is a WARM palette, so be aware of that if you normally hate warm shades or feel they clash with your skintone or clothes. The only cool tone shade is the Gunmetal which has a slight blue grey cast. If you're trying to build a collection then try to get on a wait list. Sephora has one, but Ulta does not. Update: I'm unsure what to think of it now that I have it, but I'm going to check out the Naked and Neutral eye palettes from Too Faced.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by mrsthenderson

I love this palette! I have had it for about a week and have used it everyday. I love that is has such versatile colors. You will never run out of eyeshadow combos! It is such a great value. For $44 you get 12 eyeshadows, a primer potion, and 2 eyeliners. If I ever run out, I will repurchase, but I don't anticipate that as the shadows are so pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There's really nothing wrong that could be said about this palette. It's every neutral color anyone could need for an affordable price and includes a base and 2 liners. It's beautifully made and visually appealing (a soft velvet case with gold lettering is just perfect for these warm colors). I bought this bc of you guys and I'm thrilled with it! There are several finishes and the colors are sooo soft in the pan and easily blended. 44 bucks at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I collect UD palettes and this is one of the best palettes they have ever released because of the mix of shimmer and matte shades.

If you have other UD palettes you will probably find that you have quite a few of these shades or shades similar to the ones in this palette. However, for convenience and travel purposes it is nice to have great neutrals and mattes contained in one palette. For example, Half Baked and Gunmetal are also in the Book of Shadows Vol 2. Smog is found in several palettes (and will also be included in the upcoming Book of Shadows Vol 3).

The shadows are very pigmented, very finely milled and thus very blendable.

Included with the palette is a double-ended 24/7 liner in black (Zero) and matte dark brown (Whiskey) as well as a mini UD Primer Potion. This adds to the convenience and travel-friendly factor.

This is NOT a limited edition item. UD sent out an email to everyone on their distribution list confirming that this item is permanent and that they will keep on making this palette as fast as they can until in their words everyone that wants one gets one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like that this is pretty compact as opposed to the UD palettes in the past, and the shades included are divine in the box. However, the shade I was most intrigued by- Sidecar- turned out to be the dud of the bunch, sprinking glitter all over my face throughout the day. The rest of the shadows being buttery smooth and blendable make up for this though. The 24/7 duo liner glides like a dream and the mini primer potion is a nice touch (but really, who doesn't have a UDPP at this point?) This would be a lovely beginner set, especially as it is cost friendly at only $44.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I had convinced myself earlier this year that if I never bought another eye shadow in my life, I'd still be well stocked into my 90s. But when swatches and reviews of UD's Naked palette kept popping up, my no-eyeshadow-buy flew straight out the window, and I was determined to find myself one, even with reports of zero availability everywhere.

I'm so, so, so happy I found one; this is the insanely, ridiculously, unbelievably pretty and perfect. Urban Decay has found a loyal customer in me with the development of this product.

Packaged in a gorgeous velvet brown box, this palette contains 12 full sized shadows. As described by Sephora, they include Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), and Gunmetal (dark grey metallic). It also comes with a small version of UD's popular primer and a double-ended eyeliner in black and deep brown. I'm a fan of every single shade in this palette; they're all so versatile and wearable that with one palette, you can go from a simple daytime eye to a smoldering, sexy, smoky eye for evening. None are over-the-top in terms of gritty glitter; some are matte, and the shimmering variety are subtle and glowing. They're all incredibly pigmented, and their buttery rich texture easily matches LORAC's, which, until now, I thought were the best shadows on the market.

For $44 US, this is an amazing deal. Purchasing all of these independently would cost just a little over $200. I know now what I'm getting the girls in my life for Christmas - and although it's only August now, I've got to be on the ball, considering how fast these have sold out with each re-stock at Sephoras and Ultas everywhere.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by DaMaBe324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG i love this pallet. I have always been the person to wear sheer colors on my eyes but bought this when I deceided to change my look some. I can wear darker colors without looking too goth. I love all the colors in the kit. They blend well, look amazing. I am so happy with this kit. Would def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hiphopdance5

Oooo can't possibly say enough wonderful things about this pallette. Urban decay got it right on the money with this one. 44 dollars may seem expensive initially but the shadow quality is amazing and u get a lot of shadow not to mention the eyeliners and primer potion. Love love love it!!!!