Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/6/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Having all these great colors in one palette is very convenient. The days when I want to go neutral this is handy. Love it!

on 9/6/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this palette so much - and the colors are just gorgeous! This is worth every penny of the $44 - I am not terribly adept at eye makeup skills and blending, but these shades and the silky formula make me look flawless. I haven't even been using the primer and I am still getting beautiful color payoff. The liners are gorgeous, and don't pull or tug when applying but last all day. This is my first dabble with UD eyeshadows and will definitely be my new go to line - many, many hearts for this product!

on 9/6/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Colors: Great colors! Very pigmented and silky. Will experience some fallout with a few of them. Take precautions because your whole face will quickly become glittery, even when you use eye primer.

Price: Very good price considering the number or shadows you are getting.

Packaging: Shadows are very dusty, so they will get all over the inside. Wouldn't hurt to wipe it down every once and awhile. LOVE the outside of the case- a silky velvet.

Cons: Some of the shades irritate my eyes...very bad. I wear contacts, so my theory is that it is the glittery shades. This is the only reason I would not buy it again.

I definitely recommend to those without sensitive eyes or contacts!

on 9/6/2010 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't used shadow in about 20 years but when I saw this palette I feel in love. I will admit at first I was concerned it may to too shimmery for someone in their 40s but since my purchase 2 weeks ago I have used it everyday. Overall a great product and worth the money!

on 9/5/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

What's left to say about this palette? First, a list -- by texture -- of the shadows. They're NOT all shimmery. The descriptions are from UD's site:

Virgin (nude satin)
Sin (champagne shimmer)
Naked (buff matte)
Sidecar (beige sparkle)
Buck (brown matte)
Half Baked (bronze)
Smog (golden brown shimmer)
Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer)
Toasted (taupe-bronze)
Hustle (mocha shimmer)
Creep (near-black metallic)
Gunmetal (dark grey metallic)

Cons: Sidecar is a gorgeous shade but the only one with glitter. Unfortunately, the glitter migrates almost immediately, even after using UDPP, giving me sparkly cheeks that are inappropriate for work. I'd love it if UD would also offer this shade as a matte.

I don't use metallics, so Creep and Gunmetal will rarely be used, if ever.

Pros: Naked is a great shadow, also offered singly. I love a little on/under the browbone to make my made-up brown eyes pop or on the lids for a simpler look. Matte Buck is beautiful too, perfect for the crease. Darkhorse makes a fabulous liner; I apply it with a smudger.

The shadows are all well-pigmented and long-lasting, the shimmers are not garish or juvenile (I apply with a brush) and all the shadows play well with my favorite UD matte single, Secret Service.

The double-ended 24/7 pencil is matte, with familiar Zero (black) and a new brown called Whiskey which is deep and rich, darker than Bourbon and, of course, without Bourbon's gold. Like all 24/7 pencils I have, Whiskey stays put until I take it off.

The UDPP in the kit is a perfect size for travel and is the icing on the cake, given the array of makeup here. The case is sleek and elegant with a magnetic closure, so no chipped nails trying to pry it open.

Just four lippies because of the shadow issues in Cons, but overall this is a remarkable value ($44 USD) for the array of top-quality products that make possible an almost-endless variety of looks. I could take a two-week trip, business or pleasure, with only this Naked Palette and be able to create an eye for any situation.

on 9/5/2010 1:44:00 PM

I've had this palette for a month but I wanted to wait and use this a while before I submitted my review.

The main reason for my three lippie rating, which stands out from all the other glowing reviews, is that in a nutshell, I'm just not in love with the colors. And no, it's not because I don't like neutrals in general. I wear neutrals nearly every day as a working professional. I feel like I've given this palette a fair chance, creating day time and night time looks, and I've been incredibly underwhelmed. The biggest problem for me is that this is a very warm palette, and I feel like most of the shadows just make me look tired and muddy. In all honesty, I've wanted to reach for my Wet N Wild single in Nutty most mornings rather than this palette.

Some of the colors that I do like are Darkhorse, Hustle, and Virgin. I had high hopes for Sidecar, which is one of the glittery shades, because it looks so beautiful in the pan, but on my skin, it barely shows up. I feel like if you are a person that generally tries to avoid warm toned shadows, this palette might not be for you.

So like others have said...yes, the quality is excellent; yes, it's an awesome deal for the price. But, what good is any of that if you aren't really digging the colors?? Unfortunately, I've found this palette to be overhyped.

on 9/5/2010 1:07:00 PM

this is, hands down, the best palette i have ever seen. i am so in love. thank god this is not limited edition or i'd be stockpiling right now! i'll definitely repurchase.

on 9/5/2010 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I felt compelled to buy this because of the rave reviews and the beautiful colours, but on using I'm slightly dissapointed. The glitter is OTT, could do with more satin shades. They are also quite soft and crumbly, did not expect them this given the price point. Colours are gorgeous, and the combinations are beautiful. Wouldn't buy again, but I am enjoying it.

on 9/5/2010 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG palette!! I ve never tried UD before because their products are kind of expensive. I mean, $17 for a single eyeshadow??Come on!! Well after reading all these glowy reviews and watching a million u tube videos I decided to give this a try. Well to be honest I paid more on ebay as it is sold out anywhere else ( this palette is also not available in Greece so I had to buy this online) I actually paid $ 70 instead of $44 but i dont regret it at ALL!!! This palette is outrageous!!! I havent experienced anything like that before!! The colours are EXTREMELY pigmented and the colour pay off is AMAZING!!!! You barely touch the eyeshadow and your finger is full of colour!!! I had convinced myself that such products dont exist as i ve tried a lot of different eyeshadow brands. I am a huge fan of VIRGIN. It is a buttery highlight colour. It almost feels like a cream to your finger!! The quality of these eyeshadows are SUPERB!!! I dont believe i ll find anything better concerning the quality. I was so happy to hear that this palette is not a limited edition one(if it was i would buy 4 of these LOL) I forgot to mention that u get 12 FULL sized eyeshadows so imagine how little u pay for all these stuff.U also get a double ended eyeliner in black and brown (zero and whiskey) and a mini primer potion! I couldnt ask for more!!!! I would give this palette 100000 lippies if i could!!! I prefer the UD eyeshadow quality over mac as i think they are so easy to work with,extremely blendable and soooo pigmented!! If you are into neutrals Ι strongly suggest u go out and buy one too!! U wont regret it trust me!! BEST PALETTE EVER!!! THANK U URBAN DECAY!!!

on 9/5/2010 12:26:00 AM

I am really enjoying this so far! It's my first UD eyeshadow purchase and I think the value is excellent. I've been only using this palette for the past few weeks but I keep grabbing it first and I think my other shadows are getting sad in the bottom of my makeup bag. lol Virgin is awesome for eyebrow and inner eye corner highlight!!! It's probably one of my fav colors in the entire palette.

My only gripe about this so far is that i'm not crazy about the brown eyeliner shade (it looks strange on me. I prefer a darker blackish-brown I guess), and I love the shade of Sidecar but it really irritates my eyes (I swear I can feel the glitter all over my eyeballs and contacts, and it hurts!) I've tried it twice now and have actually had to entirely remove my eye makeup and redo. These are the only reason why I rated it a 4...

Popular Palettes

NAKED
NAKED

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches