October 31, 2014 | 1529 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2096 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bethmakeups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've gone through 4 of these pots in 5 years. they last and last. and my color is perfecto for me (NC20). but lately, i'm feeling the drying effects. it does indeed sit in the newly formed lines under my eyes. i honestly think my lines are there partly because i use this heavy duty dry concealer. to blend it you have to drag it across your face i.e. a super dangerous manuever for the eye area. oh well, too late. definitely one to try. i had no complaints for years and wouldn't even look at another product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kara_mia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is replacing my old fave, Prescriptives Camouflage cream. This is just the right consistency for me to cover every single little blemish with my concealer brush. Just a tiny bit is enough to cover any discoloration under my eyes. It stays put too! NC15 is a great match for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2003 5:47:00 PM More reviews by EvelynFeeney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this to be the worst concealer I've ever used and I'm usually a fan of MAC products. I was sold NW15 which was far too pale for me (even though my skin is quite pale), then I tried, unsuccessfully, to cover my spots with it. It has a horribly sticky consistency, which might suit someone with oily skin, but did nothing for my normal/dry skin. I've recently switched to Clinique City Block (?) concealer, which is a far superior, if more expensive, product. I would never purchase MAC concealer again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2003 3:38:00 AM More reviews by ColorOfMyWorld

This is a good concealer, as you can find a perfectly color match, and it blends right into the skin. It's also cheaper then most high end concealers out there (it's 12.50). I don't use this on my undereyes though, because it does seem to crease a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 2:58:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC20 and use this in place of foundation, really. Just use where needed. Added spf 15 is great too. Set with powder I don't need foundation (BTW, a MAC person told me there is virtually no difference between this little pot of concealer and their full coverage foundation in the bigger compact/pot -except for spf-!)
;-) Both last forever. Great staying power too.
Can be mixed-if you feel it's too dry-with moisture feed eye for undereye use. Overall, my staple concealer/foundation! Perfect.
Hey--when you use up the little pot just scoop some full coverage foundation into it and bob's your uncle! (unless you want to do Back-To-Mac), Re-use the pot! The perfect purse-pal! Got a dark secret? No one will ever know!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2003 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Anokhi

First the advantages: this stuff covers everything. Great selection of shades. The problem is that it makes you look as old as your mother. It is so dry, it settles in every single tiny line. Even when you mix it with eye cream-no way for me. Maybe good for areas with less delicate skin, e.g. if you want to cover up scars, severe discoloration of the skin or moles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2003 10:00:00 PM More reviews by IvoryLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had nothing but horrible luck with this concealer. It does give incredible coverage, but it always creases and looks cakey and dry, especially as the day wears on. I have tried various techniques of application, moisturizers, powdering, etc., but nothing alleviates the problem. It's too bad because the concealer has such a great range of colors, and it lasts a long time. But to me the negatives far outweigh the positives, and I won't be buying this again.

*Edit* I stand by my original statements concerning using this as an undereye concealer, but wow is this awesome for concealing blemishes! I was afraid of putting something so creamy/thick on my skin, but this has caused me no problems and it gives smooth, opaque, all day coverage on blemishes/dark blemish scars. I can now leave the house looking flawless. For this reason I've given it 5 stars. My apologies, MAC ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2003 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sarahlittlecutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this for undereye circles but not for spots as mostly i get spots around my nose and that is where i also get flakies and this is a bit too dry to put near flakies. Good product, you get a lot in the pot and it is very reasonably priced. I think the colour i have may be a shade too light but i will have to go and ask the mu artist at the counter. Good texture and has a spf 15 too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2003 9:11:00 PM More reviews by epheme

very nice for the price, you get a ton of product and it lasts forever. I've been using mine almost every day for several months and it hardly shows a dent. It is very dry and highly pigmented so you need only the smallest amount. I also find that it doesn't cover blemishes very well, but is wonderful for evening out the skin and covering undereye circles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kitty_catalina

I purchased this in NW25. It is a little more orangy than I would like. It seemed to get like that over time. The MAC MA tested me for it and this worked, but I had a tan. It definitely is only good on my MMM if I've got tan.