Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/28/2009 7:48:00 PM

I had seen a lot of great reviews for this product and I definitely fell for the "high definition" marketing. The display that allows you to match your skin tone to the women in the photos to find your shade number was a great idea, especially since MUFE's number system is pretty confusing. I'm NC15, and the woman in the 117 photo seemed to be my closest match...she seemed slightly darker than me, but the two lighter shades were pink toned. I then made the mistake of buying the foundation before looking at it on my skin outside of the store lighting...I got home and discovered that it was way too yellow for me! In my opinion, 117 is not the same shade as the woman in the display photo. My other issue with the foundation is that the coverage was too thick for me, I don't like my face to look like a mask.

Summary:

Cons:
- Shade 117 is too yellow for my NC15 skin (neutral leaning to warm toned)
- Coverage is too cakey and unnatural (in my opinion)

Pros:
-Packaging is plastic and has a pump

on 1/27/2009 9:24:00 PM

This is great for HD camera, print and film work. That's why it was developed and if used for that purpose its fabulous. Great coverage, easy to work with, great under lights, and if applied properly its everything you want for a shoot, but why would anyone want to use this for everyday use? The whole line is fabulous and while it's not something I would suggest wearing everyday to work or th egrocery store, it's exactly what you should be wearing if you are planning on being in front of the camera.

on 1/26/2009 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I was surprised that this product didn't get a higher rating. I've been searching for years for the perfect foundation and I've found it in this one! I love that it goes on like silk and covers everything without looking cakey. It just disappears and leaves your face looking fresh and smooth all day! I use it with the HD loose powder and get a flawlwess finish.Never too powdery. Since I started wearing this I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin. It doesn't settle into the lines either... I'm 47. I'll never try anything else! Just wish it was a little more affordable. It's pricey but so worth it to me. I use it daily and the foundation lasted almost 5 months. I still have tons of the loose powder and purchased them at the same time. Ask Sephora for a sample and see for yourself how wonderful this foundation is! And be sure to try it with the loose powder.

on 1/24/2009 2:59:00 AM

I am a NC 30 in MAC (in the summer), and I got number 123 of this foundation. I LOVE IT!! It makes my skin looks so smooth. I only need to touch up my chin, where I have acnes on, after I put the foundation on for 6 hours. I have very acne-prone skin and never feel irritated when this foundation is on my face.

Foundations I have used:
BE, Everyday Minerals, Revlon Color-stay, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc..

on 1/20/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have very blotchy, scarred, acne prone skin, but it is also very dry and flaky. This makeup covers all of my scars very nicely and lasts most of the day. It has not broken me out, and my face doesn't look dry or caked. I also really like the pump dispenser, although I wish it disbursed a little less each pump. I also tried the primer, and while it does help to hold the foundation, it makes the foundation too orange for my skintone. Otherwise, I am very, very pleased with this product.

This broke me out something horrible! I have fairly clear skin, I usually break out once a month during TOM, and haven't been due to my Thermaclear, but I now have a face full of zits thanks to the HD foundation! I even broke out ON my eyebrow because of this (but luckily my eyebrow hair covers it)

Aside from the breaking out part, this foundation is nothing special. I've gotten similar results from a drugstore foundation that costs 1/4 of the price. It gives okay coverage, but it leaves a mask-like appearance on the face, no matter how much you blend. It also adhered to every dry patch on my skin and made it look horrible. This is going back to Sephora. What a big disappointment!

on 1/20/2009 5:04:00 PM

I hate this crap. I received it as a gift and was SO excited to try it since i'd heard all of the hype surrounding it. The first few times I wore it, I was impressed...coverage was medium/full and it blended very nicely on my dry skin. As I continued to wear it, I noticed that my skin was feeling really unnaturally oily & the feeling lasted even when I wasn't wearing the foundation. Within a few weeks, I broke out SO BADLY. I get occasional hormonal breakouts, but nothing like this. These suckers were big & angry. I attributed it to the time of the month, or perhaps another makeup product I was using...But I stopped everything new I had been trying EXCEPT for this foundation and my skin was still reacting badly. Finally, I had to give up. It was definitely this stuff that caused my skin to go to hell in a handbasket. If you have sensitive skin like me, I would suggest staying far away from this. I'm done experimenting with foundations - its not worth it!

on 1/20/2009 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was used to Stila's foundation when I decided to try something new. I'm ecstatic that I did because this is far more natural looking than my old HG. I found this foundation to give me excellent coverage. The amount I use depends on whether I'm in the mood to show off or cover my freckles. Thankfully I've not had a single blemish since using this foundation.

on 1/19/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been neglecting this site with my reviews. Sephora has a review option now...
Anyway, this product did not cover as much as i had anticipated. Also it didn't last long at all. And i am only resting today with this on. Colors are not great either.
SUCH a DISAPPOINTMENT.

on 1/19/2009 10:28:00 AM

I really wanted to love this foundation based on all the raves here, but I just couldn't. Shade 118 was a great match for me (MAC NC20) and the coverage was excellent. However, it exaggerated every imperfection in my combo skin, settled into my fine lines and pores, and made my cheeks look dry and flaky. Within an hour or so, my T-zone looked like a grease pit and my pores looked like an orange skin. Not a good look. :( Sadly, this went back to Sephora.

Video Reviews & Tutorials