August 22, 2014 | 1891 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by joye873

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so I tried this stuff on in sephora and instantly fell in love. It covers very well, blends well, and it's definitely not cakey at all. But I break out so bad within 2 days of wearing it. I broke out all along my cheekline, with these little tiny red splotchy bumps. Not attractive at all =( I really liked this too. I'm not exactly sure what's in it that broke me out, because I've never had this bad of an allergic reaction to foundation ever. So if your skin isn't irritable at all, I'd recommend this. But if you're not sure, don't risk it =(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my constantly lemming for a foundation, it was finally the turn of the High Definition by Make Up For Ever. The texture is incredibly fluid (some people might say runny, but I think it's an exaggeration) and at first glance you just think it's sheer to light coverage. However this foundation has a lot to show coverage wise and neutralizes red spots from a recent break out without having to resort to concealer and doesn't look caked up. It works wonderfully with the HD loose powder although I prefer it on its own for a semi-satiny finish.

The texture is oil free and oily those of oilier complexions will need to blot to keep the sheen away although you can probably get away with it during the winter weather.

Yet another superb product from Make Up For Ever that will not only I will on myself but it's a welcome addiction to my kit. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Pros: Comes with pump, Good color selections, No breakouts, Lasts all day, Lightweight feel

Cons: You can tell you have foundation on type of look, Need to touch-up even w/ hd powder

Since my run throughs with MAC foundations, I found certain formulas from MAC do not agree with my skin, so I have to shy away from MAC unless its for certain occasions. I've had no probs with this foundation breaking me out. I have worn it 12 hours and still love the feeling of wearing it confidently all day without feeling like a mask! I typically use with in cojunction with the hd powder.

The only downsides of this foundation is in real life and up-close this foundation is noticable.If you want some coverage without overload, then use the MAC 187 brush with fix+. If some of you people out there are conscious of the dewy-look then steer away from this because you'll think your face is a complete grease-pit all day and constantly would have to blot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this in shade 110 pink porcelain from Sephora. I like that it covers my chin former acne redness and evens skin out, but it still appears a little cakey/chalky up close.
not sure if I would buy this. I use the face and body and like it better, although it smells and the bottle sucks!

have to say though, playing with the bottle of this in the store, its almost a bigger pain that the non pumps. the pump was a little difficult to use so I ended up squeezing a gob on my hand (I can see how that would make you squirt out too much and waste it) then the lid was a beeotch to get on. Ive used other pumps that werent this difficult.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by vle1031

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation and how it blends into my skin so beautifully. This layered with Make Up Forever's HD powder make my face appear flawless.

The problem is that it doesn't last long. :( :(

I will still repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

EDIT: this really has no staying power whatsoever. That make it just plain usless, yes its natural, yes there are lot of shades to choose from but if it's gonna dissapear on you after couple of hours, whats the point of a foundation. and the price? not worth it. I just found my very first DS foundation thanks to this site, I cant beleive i'm saying this but the $9 Rimmel Lasting finish foundation beats this $45 HD stuff. very comparable to the lovely Matt Velvet by MUFE, if not better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by meocat

I wish my skin would love this product because it really does give me that flawless, looks like I'm not wearing make-up look. The first time I used this, I tried applying it with a foundation brush but it didn't sit on my skin very well. It looked caked on and in a couple hours, my foundation looked like it was melting off of my face. I also broke out from using it too. Then I remembered that I was gifted the Beauty Blender and gave this foundation another shot. Instant love! It gave me the flawless look I talked about in the beginning (I did have to dust on some translucent powder to finish it off)... but again, I noticed my skin absolutely hated it and I broke out yet again :( I really wish I could use this since I love the finish but not at the cost of my skin :( Back to mineral make-up for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MissAmbie

Let me start off by saying I am very surprised by the mixed reviews this foundation is getting. I have tried many different foundations, clinique, mac etc. and this is by far my favourite.

This foundation matches my skin tone perfectly, it has great coverage and blends VERY well. A lot of people find that this foundation works great with like a kabuki or a mac 187. I find it blends great with just the mac 190.

I find that it is not heavy at all and doesn't cause breakouts, nor does it look cakey or dry/flakey. I do however recommend setting it with translucent powder

I am so in love with this foundation. My only complaint is the price, but it's still not enough to keep me from buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mydje

I really like this foundation along with the HD powder. I feel it lasts all day, and really covers my pores. It doesn't feel heavy on my face at all. I just use my fingers to apply or smashbox foundation brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by love2106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation starts out absolutely beautiful. After a few days use I noticed some clogged pores and after about a week I was beginning to break out. While I am acne prone, I use three different topical medicines from my derm to combat it and I have yet to see a product beat them until the HD foundation.