August 20, 2014 | 1825 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2004 1:02:00 PM More reviews by glossygoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not 100% convinced on this one. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it... I have long but fine lashes & my main requirement is something to bulk them up. Bad Gal Lash is fantastic for length, but not so great for thickening. I find that if I try to build it up too much, it just makes my lashes sparse & spidery, but if I don't it doesn't make them any thicker - so it's a catch 22. The colour is really black (great for evening), but the consistency is quite thin, so I always get it on my eyelids when I fully open my eyes after applying. Plus it runs easily if your eyes water even just a little. It seems to be getting better the longer I have it though - maybe it's like a fine wine, in that it improves as it ages!
A lot of people seem to love this mascara, but it just hasn't impressed me - I'm happy to use it until it dries up, but I wouldn't buy it again. I really don't feel it's worth the money - go Diorshow! ###UPDATE### I gave it a little more time & I still don't like it - I ended up passing it on to my Mum. At least now I don't feel like the 15quid was such a waste! :p

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2004 4:46:00 AM More reviews by reynoldskl

Umm not impressed with this, I have used much better mascaras which are an awful lot cheaper. Its flakey and smudges and almost 'weighs' my lashes down.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2004 4:48:00 AM More reviews by roguephnx

Back in 2002, when the bottle was still a metal handle and a black body with "mascara by beneift" in white print on it, this was the BEST mascara ever! I got it in navy which is a dark enough navy. There was a light fragrance that was not irritating. My curl held in incredibly well (the best any mascara had ever) and the mascara could be layered many times without clumping. Just adding thickness and ok length superbly. I'm not sure if the formula is still the same in the white bottle, so i'm very curious to try it out... UPDATE: ok it turns out it's totally different. the formula makes lashes look a bit crispy. curl wilts a little. ugh, sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2004 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Chantelinia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

oh, SIGH, I actually succumbed to an in-store demonstration...where the clerk promised me this would not flake or smudge. Well, it DOES smudge under the eyes (the dreaded raccoon eyes). It is also near impossible to get it on your lower lashes without schplucking it all over your lower eyelid; as others have mentioned, the brush is too big and clumsy. But it looks real nice on the upper lashes... for a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by km83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely short and thin lashes, and this product made them lush and curly. I also got more length from it too! It's a little on the expensive side, but I got my money's worth from it. I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2004 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Penguin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal Voluminous beats this! The brush is HUGE and impossible to maneuver and I have decent sized eyes. A big disappointment ladies

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2004 6:47:00 PM More reviews by 8ball

What was all the hype about? It has a great marketing line, like you are going to look like some floozy with too much lashes. Well, it hardly amplifies my lashes at all! I have to put a mascara primer on and then it is ok. It does not seem to build up, so the more you put on it doesnt make a difference. It is no heavier than the first two coats. I was really disappointed and felt silly succumbing to the great advertizing and packaging Benefit has.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by cinnhenke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smudged, within an hour I had raccoon eyes! Yuck! Used it 3 x and sold it on ebay. Will never buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 6:20:00 PM More reviews by egyptianprincess

This mascara was such a tease! Upon application, I got the most beautiful eyelashes EVER! They were thick, curly (without using a curler, cuz i'm scared of those, LOL!), and just downright sexy! I loved it. I put it on right before going out, happy with how hot I looked. Alas, when I had come home a mere 3 hours later, my eyelashes were clumped together, not curly and just sad looking. and it wasn't humid, i wasn't sweating, therefore there was no reason for that sad state of affairs. Save your money people. Benefit just wants you to buy the Shelaq with this stuff. so mean!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2004 7:51:00 PM More reviews by xkillaforniax

Bad Gal is a decent mascara. The brush is what I have the most problems with- its so huge and hard to manuver around my teeny tiny lashes. By itself it doesn't seem to do much, but when I use a drugstore mascara as a primer, Bad Gal actually makes my lashes look long and pretty- but like someone else mentioned, its too pricey to depend on another product. It also seemed to dry out fairly quickly.