BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Lash

3.1

on 10/21/2004 9:04:00 PM

Love love love this mascara.

I got it after a Benefit makeover because I decided it would be perfect for my 40s-Hollywood Glamour look I was going for for the prom. It made my lashes look fake. Really, truely fake. Amazing.

Works the best on curled lashes. While it looks great alone, I like it best with a coat or so of L'Oreal Voluminous applied before.

I took of a lipstick because of the price. It's waaay too expensive for a mascara. But, of course because I love it so much, I will repurchase it.

If you don't feel like spending the exorbitant amount of $$ for a mascara, try CoverGirl Super Thick Lash.

on 10/10/2004 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best mascara I've ever used. It makes my lashes *huge* (pic in profile) and it doesn't clump at all - I can do a million coats w/o spider lashes. Amazingly it feels light on my lashes, and doesn't weigh them down (I curl them pre-mascara). I haven't experienced any smudging at all, and the weather here is very hot (read: sweaty) for most of the year. The wand is humongous, and a *little* hard to work with, but nothing major. I *do* get a little mascara on my eyelid when I apply, but this is true w/ ANY mascara I've ever used. I would definitely repurchase this mascara, although it's kinda pricey - it's definitely worth it to me :)

on 10/9/2004 11:03:00 AM

May be the worst mascara I ever used. Sephora told me it was their top seller- seems hard to believe based on my smudgy, smeary experience.

I just got this recently, and it's something I feel I would definetly purchase again, going by it's performance so far. I found that it's best to wipe off the excess on the brush first; then I take the wand and set it aside on a tissue whilst I do my face base/blush + brows etc. This seems to allow the mascara to become a little 'sticky' and coats the lashes evenly. If there is any clumping I just use my trusty Tweezerman iLash comb and voila - I have the biggest blackest lashes that do, IMHO, look as lush as my MAC #6 falsies. So far I haven't experienced the racoon-like smudging others seem to have had, so its so far so very good!

on 9/27/2004 4:25:00 PM

Love this as an every day mascara. Of course, it isn't everyone's every day mascara. I'm a girl who loves long, full lashes all day every day, I don't care if it looks natural. Although one coat of this IS fairly natural. I do one coat first, focusing mainly on volume at the roots of my lashes, then curl them. Then I do a second coat focused mainly on length at the tips of my lashes. This creates the perfect every day eye for me. Unlike most, this doesn't smear on me at all, and I love the big wand because it definitely contributes to the volume you get. This isn't my perfect mascara. I swear by Paul and Joe's mascara duo, but Benefit's Bad Gal is great for a "one step" product!

on 9/26/2004 5:53:00 PM

This makes my eyelashes look really natural and they do not clump at all. This has to be one of my favorite mascaras.

on 9/26/2004 2:03:00 PM

not the greatest mascara in the world, but i use it because it`s so cute. it does give a great finish (not AS dramatic as the ads say), however the wand is wayyy too big and hard to apply on lashes if you have a really tiny face.

on 9/12/2004 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Finally, my HG mascara! I don't like the dramatic lashes look and have been having a hard time finding something that looks natural yet pretty. This mascara lengthens my lashes significantly with just 2 coats. This is the first mascara that has not clumped either! I have not had any problem with smudging, and I have a habit of rubbing my eyes throughout the day. This product is awesome.

on 9/12/2004 12:36:00 PM

I swapped for this, so I'm not sure of the actual price of the product, but from what I heard its not cheap but not ridiculously expensive.

I know that this didnt get great reviews (because of smudging and the abnormally large brush size) but a friend recommended it so I decided to try it and fell in love. While the brush is very large, its not impossible to manuver. One coat gives you a natural look and the more layers, the more dramatic (I like em super thick and super long). I personally didn't have a problem with smudging and may just have found my new HG mascara. Would absolutely buy again!

on 9/9/2004 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So sad. :( Im used to my Lancome and will never stray again. Looks like I have black eyes when I woke up (had forgotten to take off the night before).

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products