November 23, 2014 | 1968 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2004 3:07:00 PM More reviews by m_giroux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've read mixed reveiws on this mascara, and most of the bad ones agree with my feelings about it. Since everyone wants something different from a mascara, it's hard to give it a review that would be suited to all preferences but I've narrowed the preference thing down to two categories. There are those among us who prefer the "natural" lash look with some length and definition, and others who prefer full out drama-big, thick, curled lashes that really open the eyes and make them seem bigger and wider. I fall into the latter category so you can imagine my excitement upon reading all the fabulous, big, thick, lush looking false lashes press involved with the advertisement. I bought this at sephora in soho, after hearing a random girl talking to her friend in front of me who said "it looks just like false eyelashes". I decided to go with it because I figure, coming from a random person and not a sales associate who wants to sell the product, the claims would more likely prove true. Much to my disappointment, this mascara not only failed to live up to it's claims in the volumizing department, it did worse things in the process. It smears faster than great lash in the sierra desert, takes forEVER to dry (so that it gets all over your socket if you open your eyes before giving it the few minutes it needs to dry-and who has time for that?)and even with several coats and even reapplication after it dried, fails to deliver the full, thick, long lashes it promises. Also the brush is rather ridiculous in size, making application difficult and this big dollop of mascara comes out on the end of the wand everytime I pull it out. With it's thin, watery consistency, tendency to smear like HELL, and even (yes) the look it gives to lashes, this mascara, in all respects aside from the packaging and the outlandish price, is virtually identical to Maybelline great lash. Great lash is on ok mascara-for FOUR DOLLARS. This mascara offers the kind of quality I'd expect for that price-not the $18.00 I shelled out for it. So save your money ladies. Even if you decide you're really sold on this mascara, keep in mind that great lash offers the exact same effect for about 14 dollars less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2004 11:24:00 PM More reviews by StaceyMcGill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore Bad Gal lash. No other mascara has given me such dramatic looking, thick long lashes. I find they look fullest when I apply 3-5 coats one after the other (before the first coat dries), wiggling the brush back and forth slightly while as I work my way to the tips of my lashes. The only thing keeping me from rating this a perfect 5 is the tendency to smudge under my lower lashes by the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by GinnyC2002

I hate to say it but this is probably the worst mascara ever. Does not thicken or lengthen, so what does it do? Nothing, that's what!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by DiorBabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow...this stuff just, sucks! What's the big whoop with this money waster? I wasted my $$ on this istead of a Too Faced eye shadow? What a mistake.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2004 3:13:00 AM More reviews by tweaze

I was really disappointed by Bad Gal Lash. It was just kind of...weird. It didn't give me much volume at alll, and applying more than one coat was futile, causing only clumps and nastyness. It also irritated my eyes, dried out quickly, and melted off. The huge wand also made it difficult to apply to my lower lashes. It had no wearability at all, and I will never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by cychen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am Asian with thin, short, and sparse lashes. While I am not into the false eye lash look, I am definitely in search of a mascara that would volumize and lengthen my lashes. This product does volumize and lengthen really well and even curls my lashes slightly. The applicator is not for the novice, but I have been using mascara forever and I don't mind using medium-sized or even fatter ones as long as they do what they're supposed to do. No smearing and clumping upon application and very good lash volume and definition, that's very good. Pretty natural look, I thought. I may not be a bad girl but my lash looks pretty bad a-s-s. I was in love with the mascara until at the end of the day, when I looked into the mirror and noticed slight smearing below the outer bottom corner of my eye. While I do have combination skin (read: shiny in T zone during summer), I didn't think my skin could cause such a smearing in a day that wasn't even particularly humid. Since I don't get the same smearing with other mascaras (i.e. smearing not caused by my bad application or habit), this was a no go for me. Too bad. Maybe people who don't have smearing problems would have better luck with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by klassy

This is a decent mascara,it is VERY black and it went on without any clumps.I am not sure if this one beats Loreals Voluminous.I may buy it again,if I cant find a drug store brand with the same affect.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2004 1:02:00 PM More reviews by glossygoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not 100% convinced on this one. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it... I have long but fine lashes & my main requirement is something to bulk them up. Bad Gal Lash is fantastic for length, but not so great for thickening. I find that if I try to build it up too much, it just makes my lashes sparse & spidery, but if I don't it doesn't make them any thicker - so it's a catch 22. The colour is really black (great for evening), but the consistency is quite thin, so I always get it on my eyelids when I fully open my eyes after applying. Plus it runs easily if your eyes water even just a little. It seems to be getting better the longer I have it though - maybe it's like a fine wine, in that it improves as it ages!
A lot of people seem to love this mascara, but it just hasn't impressed me - I'm happy to use it until it dries up, but I wouldn't buy it again. I really don't feel it's worth the money - go Diorshow! ###UPDATE### I gave it a little more time & I still don't like it - I ended up passing it on to my Mum. At least now I don't feel like the 15quid was such a waste! :p

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2004 4:46:00 AM More reviews by reynoldskl

Umm not impressed with this, I have used much better mascaras which are an awful lot cheaper. Its flakey and smudges and almost 'weighs' my lashes down.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2004 4:48:00 AM More reviews by roguephnx

Back in 2002, when the bottle was still a metal handle and a black body with "mascara by beneift" in white print on it, this was the BEST mascara ever! I got it in navy which is a dark enough navy. There was a light fragrance that was not irritating. My curl held in incredibly well (the best any mascara had ever) and the mascara could be layered many times without clumping. Just adding thickness and ok length superbly. I'm not sure if the formula is still the same in the white bottle, so i'm very curious to try it out... UPDATE: ok it turns out it's totally different. the formula makes lashes look a bit crispy. curl wilts a little. ugh, sucks.