April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2004 12:01:00 AM More reviews by fragglerockette

Love it. Makes lashes look huge and last forever. Just like the Christian Dior mascara but more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by fragglerocker

this is definitely my ultimate mascara. i couldn't ask for anything better, this both thickens and lengthens my lashes, and paired with my eyelash curler it makes my lashes look INSANE, almost too dramatic. i love the big thick tube too.

also: when i was in sephora looking for the perfect mascara, i had my heart set on a CD one (show mascara or something). however, the saleswoman steered me to this one, saying they were essentially the same! she was right, we held them up and the brushes are nearly identical, and she said the formula was extremely similar as well. needless to say, i went with this one, which was also cheaper!

my only complaint is that it's a little smeary, but sacrificing a little time to check in the mirror every once in a while was definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 7:14:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bad Gal Lash is a decent product. It does what it promises to do.

My problems with it are: My eyes are too small for such a huge wand. Also, my lashes tend to not hold curl for very long, and this mascara doesn't help the curl stay.

I notice that BOTH BeneFit mascaras I have don't help with that problem. No BeneFit mascara is waterproof, and no BeneFit mascara provides any hold. They look great for a while, anyway.

I ended up having to buy a Maybelline curling mascara, just because it gives my lashes the hold they need to stay pretty for more than 30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2004 2:53:00 AM More reviews by yovivbabe

UPDATE: After using this mascara for the greater part of a week, I just wanted to say that I LOVE IT. I've literally tried over 20 mascaras and this one lengthens, thickens, and remains natural looking (that's key). Plus, I think the navy color is perfect for me--my eyes just pop a bit when I wear it. Anyway, I'm giving it the full 5 lipsticks now. Just wanted to share........ the orig. review:

I bought this today in navy and I have to say, I actually like it (and I think most BeneFit products are HIGHLY overrated). The navy is really subtle--actually I don't even know if it shows up at all, but whatever (I think I just like the idea of navy mascara). Anyway, my lashes are short and sparse, nothing special. This mascara lengthens and looks soft and natural and I haven't had any problems with smudging (and I worked out pretty hard). Later in the day I decided to apply another coat--just to see--and I have to say, it builds well: my lashes still look natural, just thicker and longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2004 1:54:00 AM More reviews by beddheadd

I like this mascara, but the brush is HUGE, and probably made for people that have much larger eyes than I do. I find it difficult to manuever the giant brush around...and this is part of BeneFit's marketing scheme to sell the mascara. It holds quite a bit of mascara, which also bothers me, because I'm trying to put the mascara on my lashes...not the rest of my face. I find it easier to swipe the mascara onto a teenier, sampling brush, so that I can put the mascara on my lashes. I like the formula, but I think I would be better off not going through such an ordeal with just MASCARA everyday. I like the product, but for $18+, I think the tube should have something built in so that it's not dripping with so much mascara when you pull it out of the tube, and also, the brush should be designed so it's easier to use for those of us with a smaller eye area so we're not looking like raccoons before we leave the house. Also, I find that no matter how little I put on, this stuff flakes a lot and smears easily. Will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by omgitsdana

its soo cute, and it has a HUGE brush, doesnt run or anything. Last all day. I would def, buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2004 7:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupgirl22

Yes this producet makes my lashes look long and full... but after a couple of hours of blinking... black smudges appear under my eyes. By the end of the day it looks like I got no sleep or that I have a black eye.
Also... the product clumps up from time to time on my lashes and clumps when I pull the brush out of the bottle.
I would never buy this stuff again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2004 4:57:00 PM More reviews by toastedmarshmallow

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is nothing special. theres nothing wrong with it but i just wasnt blown away by it thats all would recommend it though

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2004 1:33:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

Other than its tendency to smudge on my lid during application (the price you pay for using a full brush), I think I really like this stuff. My lashes just look.... different. I've never found a mascara that made them stand out so much while still looking natural, and I've used several: L'Oreal Voluminous, Maybeline Full 'n Soft, Maybeline Great Lash, Covergirl Fantastic Lash, L'Oreal Double Extend, Revlon Lash Fantasy (absolute crap), Clinique Naturally Glossy, Origins Fringe Benefits, okay, well, I could go on. I use one coat of Bad Gal and my lashes are thickened and longer, and my eyes seem to appear a brighter shade of blue. Strange. Anyway, yes, all Benefit products ARE overpriced, but this one's not that bad. I have yet to try the Diorshow mascara, but for right now, I'm happy with Bad Gal. Oh, and the slight smudging under my lower lash doesn't bother me. It sort of blends with the lash line and defines my eyes a bit. Again, I know it's strange, isn't it? *****AMMENDMENT TO MY PREVIOUS REVIEW: okay, well, I used it for a week and the smudging seemed to get progressivly worse, which is a shame because I liked it. It literally made me paranoid all day, like, "hmmmm I'm standing here talking to this cute boy. I wonder if I have mascara under my eyes." Yeah. Anyway, I've exchanged it for their other mascara in navy and so far I like it (not sure if it's worth the price, but I couldn't find my receipt so I had to get something).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by rocks1913

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally long and curly lashes, I was hoping this product would thicken them but it does no such thing. I have to use two coats. Other mascaras I don't. It also stings my eyes. I would not buy this product again.