November 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2003 11:08:00 PM More reviews by gloryDOTcom

This works great for minor blemishes and small red spots, but I found it didn't do anything for my zits. It's a creamy texture but the color selection isn't very extensive, and it's sort of thick so I imagine this only works if you find your exact color match. It looks perfectly natural and didn't accentuate any fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2003 3:09:00 PM More reviews by NewUSER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this concelear (nw30) for around two years now. It's a great product. Recently, I was told the best method to apply this and let me tell you IT WORKS! Damp MAC 242 brush with water. Make sure it's not dripping with water, just a little damp. Get some of the concealer, then apply gently around the area of the eye where you need it. Voila! it's not too thick...just right. It looks way better than with the finger. At least it has work for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2003 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this, and it's part of my daily routine since 2 years now. This is thick and I use my fingers to apply.This has an amazing coverage. I use NC30 and it's the perfect yellow tone for my skin. This is what I like about MAC you find the perfect match for your skin color.I'm really happy with this little pot.

Edit: I still like this concealer a lot but I it does crease at the end of the day! The solution is to layer it liquid concealer, I use MAC select cover-up concealer in the same shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2003 6:48:00 AM More reviews by candicewails

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe it's because I live in the tropics, but this concealer is pretty easy to blend and not dry at all. However, for this same reason, it has a tendency to slip and slide (instead of staying where you're trying to put it) everytime you're trying to blend it in. As it is, it isn't all that good for covering dark circles although for minor zits it's ok. I agree that it's affordable and value for money, but I might not buy this one again now that I've found Covermark's Extra Formula foundation. Also, this one tends to crack (not literally, but it creeps/smudges/concentrates into tiny lines- and I'm only 22. If I have it between my brows/eyes, all I have to do is yawn or frown and you get permanent lines in your makeup. It's really embarassing because it's so OBVIOUS that you're wearing concealer. That said, I like that it's one of the few products from MAC that is non-comedogenic. The full coverage foundation- which I used to use cos I thought it'd be a bigger-sized, better-valued version of the concealer, is a little greasier in texture AND breaks me out cos it's not non-pore-clogging.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2003 9:10:00 PM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

used this for years while always trying others. coverage is obviously good but doesn't cut it anymore on my scars. throughout the day, they're showing through despite being set with powder, etcetc...undereyes, i've got to mix it with something smoother as when dusted, looks very cakey and ages skin quite a bit. wish it lasted longer and wouldn't cake like it does but it does have the best coverage i've found so far...still looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sassykathy69

this concealer was a MARVEl....not only did it cover my blemishes.....it helped my undereye bags! i just finished it today :-(....BUT NEVER FEAR! im buying some tommorow! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2003 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best concealer that I've ever tried. You may have to practice to get the technique just right but the results are well worth it. I got an excellent color match, the best I've ever had, and it blends right into my skin. I don't need foundation when I wear this! I have normal skin and don't find a problem with it being too dry, as others reviewers have mentioned. Kevyn Aucoin actually preferred dry-er textured concealers because they stick better and don't slide off of your skin. This will cover absolutely *anything* I promise, if it doesn't you're not using it correctly. The texture is thick and creamy, and it's rather opaque (a good color match is a *must* for this reason!) and the texture becomes a bit dry as it hits your skin..that's a good thing, it doesn't budge all day. I can see why it would be a problem for undereyes, it's a bit thick for that and could look cakey. I don't have any fine lines yet and I just lightly tap with my ring finger on the inner corner of my eyes to the center of my under eye and it's fine for me. I tap it on blemishes with my finger. For sheerer coverage I spread it with a damp sponge. For bigger problems I tap it on the area with the flat part of a non-latex wedge/sponge. For only $12.50 it's a great product and with some practice (it took me a couple of days to perfect it) it will cover *everything* and just leave you looking like you have flawless skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kitty62

Judging from all the previous reviews, (See also "Pot Concealor. I believe we're all talking about the same product.) this is a classic YMMV. I, for one, have never found anything that approaches the dark-circle coverage I get with this. I love the consistency, and with a little eye cream underneath, blending is easy. I've never had a problem with this creeping into lines (I'm 40), and I'm lucky enough to have found a perfect color match (NW20). I also think it's a tremendous value: I have been using the same pot for over a year and more than half is remaining. The SPF15 (titanium dioxide) is also a neat selling point. Occasionally, I've needed to reapply late in the day. (I don't wear any kind of foundation or powder over this. A sweep of powder would probably enhance staying power, but I have never liked the look of powder on my skin.)

This concealor is also great for covering red marks left behind by old blemishes, but because I find that it doesn't really grab on anything very oily, I generally don't use it over active zits. For those, I'd recommend Almay Amazing Lasting. For particularly tough ones, I've used the MAC over the Amazing Lasting with good success.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 7:11:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was not fond of this concealer..The problem is that it is too dry, hard to blend, and does make you look older than you are..I didn't like how it settles into lines and tends to look cakey..This would be great for a younger girl but not after you hit 25..Any lines under your eyes will look 10 times worse..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 10:22:00 AM More reviews by delicious_dish

I love this. It really covers blemishes without looking cakey. It does take a lot of blending and patting with your brush to work it in, but the result is perfect and well worth the effort.