MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 8/28/2003 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I did not like MAC studio finish concealer because it made my skin look gray and chalky. Maybe it was because it was the wrong color. I got it NC35 and it just was not right for me. Otherwise, it did really cover well, but it looked phony on me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very creamy, in nc25, covers most of my blemishes and dark under eyes sp0ts :) Works really fab and i've been using this eversince!

This is a pretty good concealer, kind of hard to blend though since it's so hard.

on 8/14/2003 12:13:00 AM

this concealor is a miracle!! It blends well and the color matches my skin perfectly. I use my fingers b/c i think it blends way better than the brush. Would definetly recommend this product.

on 8/13/2003 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

THANKS FOR THIS CONCEALOR. BECAUSE THE ONE THAT COMES IN THE SQUEEZE TUBE WAS WORTHLESS FOR ME. YEAH, I KNOW THE WHOLE THING OF THIS ONE BEING LESS HYGENIC. BUT IF IT WORKS. WHAT THE HELL. I ALSO LOVE HOW THEY HAVE A WIDE RANGE OF COLORS. I WILL REPURCHASE. ALSO YOU SHOULD TRY NEUTROGENA VISIBLY FIRM.

on 8/10/2003 3:43:00 AM

I first bought NC30 and was quite disappointed in the beginning--its color isn't lightening enough to cover the undereye dark circle, and it isn't dark enough to cover the acne scar. I went back to MAC counter ask for different color and also let MA did a makeover for me. W-o-W!! With the blush #242 ( it is not cheap, but in order for the concealer to do its *best* job,I strongly urge prospect buyers do invest money on this vesatile brush--you just gotta to!!) and the correct color NC35, my whole face can turn into acne scar-free in a few mins ( I was on Retin-A and PC's 1% BHA for around 3 monthes, pimples are finally gone now but the scar is pretty everywhere) The studio concealer is slightly dry and the texture is quite light. If you have dry skin, the concealer will be going on more smother if you prime the dry spot with extra moisturizer. **Note: I am using C25 for undereyes circle (C3 complextion) and I found using finger to spray is faster because its dry texture. Only using #242 brush for covering acne scar.

on 8/9/2003 10:54:00 PM

I like this concealer alot. I didn't find it drying at all. In fact I think it's pretty creamy. I use NW20 and mainly for under eyes and red marks. This was my first MAC purchase and it started my obsession.

on 8/9/2003 8:21:00 AM

This is a creamy concealer that provides medium coverage over dark circles and blemishes. As with other MAC products, the color selection is extensive and my NC30 shade matches my skin perfectly. I like the fact that it has SPF 15, providing a good amount of sun protection for the eye area. However, this product does harden in an air-conditioned or cold environment, making it impossible to blend. A quick blast from the hairdryer fixes the problem. It has a tendency to crease within the fine lines around the eye. Recently I discovered a fix for this: I prime the undereye area with MAC Select foundation before applying the concealer. The creases are greatly minimized this way. This concealer lasts a long time. I think I might have had mine for over a year, and there's still a lot left. Quite economical, considering I use this at least five times a week. continued >>

on 8/8/2003 1:46:00 PM

After reading the other reviews, I'm wondering if I have an older formula of this item. Mine is very creamy and nice. I use it to conceal my (very dark) undereye circles and any red spots I may have. It works wonderfully and looks natural since the color matches perfectly. It lasts forever - I've had the same container for like a year and a half and I'm still not near the bottom!

EDIT: I still have this same container, but have found that it's not that great under the eyes. I tried Paula Dorf's Total Camouflage and now realize how dry MAC's concealer truly is. It accentuates my little lines under my eye area and looks cakey as the day goes on. I still use it on the occasional blemish, but will never again use it under my eyes.

on 8/5/2003 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Kind of a chalky finish for me. I like a smoother concealer, but I'd be willing to change if it didn't mean highlighting the creases around my eye. Just okay.