October 1, 2014 | 1974 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2093 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kitty62

Judging from all the previous reviews, (See also "Pot Concealor. I believe we're all talking about the same product.) this is a classic YMMV. I, for one, have never found anything that approaches the dark-circle coverage I get with this. I love the consistency, and with a little eye cream underneath, blending is easy. I've never had a problem with this creeping into lines (I'm 40), and I'm lucky enough to have found a perfect color match (NW20). I also think it's a tremendous value: I have been using the same pot for over a year and more than half is remaining. The SPF15 (titanium dioxide) is also a neat selling point. Occasionally, I've needed to reapply late in the day. (I don't wear any kind of foundation or powder over this. A sweep of powder would probably enhance staying power, but I have never liked the look of powder on my skin.)

This concealor is also great for covering red marks left behind by old blemishes, but because I find that it doesn't really grab on anything very oily, I generally don't use it over active zits. For those, I'd recommend Almay Amazing Lasting. For particularly tough ones, I've used the MAC over the Amazing Lasting with good success.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 7:11:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was not fond of this concealer..The problem is that it is too dry, hard to blend, and does make you look older than you are..I didn't like how it settles into lines and tends to look cakey..This would be great for a younger girl but not after you hit 25..Any lines under your eyes will look 10 times worse..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 10:22:00 AM More reviews by delicious_dish

I love this. It really covers blemishes without looking cakey. It does take a lot of blending and patting with your brush to work it in, but the result is perfect and well worth the effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2003 12:17:00 AM More reviews by BluegrassBabe

Lovin this one! Got the NW20, just about perfect match for me, the best I've found in a concealer. I've been using the fast response cream before applying and it makes application perfect. On my really bad dark circle days I just do two light layers of the conclear blending with a brush and patting with my finger. For blemishes I am using another cream concealer, so I can save my MAC for where it matters, under eyes. This just might become my HG under eye concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2003 12:10:00 PM More reviews by AztecAnnie

I was so disapointed in this product. I bought and wanted to use it for some light under eye circles and minor acne, but this dried way too quickly for me to blend it. I think that it is a total waist of money unless you like super thick and dry concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ColorOfMyWorld

This comes in a cute little black pot, and is a perfect match for my skin (NC15). It's powder light, and isn't the best at covering -everything- so if you have a really big, red blemish, it may not be the best. It always looks natural though. I don't rec this for undereyes in less you have no fine lines what so ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2003 3:06:00 PM More reviews by martini2000

I bought this in NW20 and it's just a perfect match. I use it around my eyes and nose and it really makes me look fresh and wide awake (no matter what time of day...). It's just an all-time fave of mine. You only must be a little careful when putting it under your eyes. If you don't use an eye cream, it might crease, but it really does a better job for me than mac's select cover up concealer. I like best that it has immense staying power, because I don't use powder or foundation over it. UPDATE: after two weeks it made the area under my eyes so dry and red, I stopped using it. It also creases (naturally), when the skin gets drier due to the product. Nevertheless, the coverage is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bethmakeups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've gone through 4 of these pots in 5 years. they last and last. and my color is perfecto for me (NC20). but lately, i'm feeling the drying effects. it does indeed sit in the newly formed lines under my eyes. i honestly think my lines are there partly because i use this heavy duty dry concealer. to blend it you have to drag it across your face i.e. a super dangerous manuever for the eye area. oh well, too late. definitely one to try. i had no complaints for years and wouldn't even look at another product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kara_mia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is replacing my old fave, Prescriptives Camouflage cream. This is just the right consistency for me to cover every single little blemish with my concealer brush. Just a tiny bit is enough to cover any discoloration under my eyes. It stays put too! NC15 is a great match for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2003 5:47:00 PM More reviews by EvelynFeeney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this to be the worst concealer I've ever used and I'm usually a fan of MAC products. I was sold NW15 which was far too pale for me (even though my skin is quite pale), then I tried, unsuccessfully, to cover my spots with it. It has a horribly sticky consistency, which might suit someone with oily skin, but did nothing for my normal/dry skin. I've recently switched to Clinique City Block (?) concealer, which is a far superior, if more expensive, product. I would never purchase MAC concealer again.