October 31, 2014 | 1584 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

I love this. it covers beautifully. i use one pump and blend in using my fingers. it sets to a slightly powdery (ie non-shiny, non-matte) look. i love the way this looks. it doesn't turn colour even after 8 or so hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this foundation. The MA at sephora tried a lot of shades on me and unfortunately, nothing matched. I have warm and cool tones. I also noticed that it made my skin very dry and ashy. I finally tried the mat velvet one and i love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mcruz

I tried this product based on reviews from a lot of online sources. While it gave great coverage, it made my skin itchy and I got a few breakouts. I used it with brushes and sponges, so as long as you don't use too much (3/4 pump worked for me), you won't look chalky or too heavily made up which can happen. I also noticed that it looked a bit gray near the end of the day so the colour may have been a tad too light. While I will never buy this again, I encourage others to give it a try. Just make sure you get it from a store where there's a liberal return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mniedermeyer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first review of any product. I have been using mineral foundation for 5 years. I have been having terrible breakouts and could not figure out why. I decided to switch to this foundation after hearing all the reviews. Not even a week and my skin is clearer and smoother and looks flawless. I love it. I will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by cmariemac

I have very fair skin and this foundation matched perfect! MAC foundation not only was way to dark for me (NW15) but also broke me out terribly. I wanted a foundation that had medium+ coverage and was a satin finish. I was using Revlon colorstay but it was heavy and again too dark. So, after reading reviews I decided to purchase the HD online with my 15$ off coupon. I did not ever try this out in the store. When it arrived I put on a heavy moisturizer, BE prime time, and then one and a half squirts of the foundation. I used my fingers because my stippling brush was dirty. The color was a perfect match and the coverage was phenomenal, I have never seen a foundation look so natural. When I showed my mom she gasped because it looked so good. Thank you MUFE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not HG status, but a terrific foundation. One of the best that I have used. Color is a perfect match, the foundation lasts and gives a flawless finish. Like some other reviewers, I think application is key. A foundation brush in necessary for me to get the flawless skin look. I don't use a primer, just a little bit of Clinique's Pore Minimizer on my t zone. However, I am now interested in trying out one of the primers in this line. I also use the Coastal Scents Silica powder to set (exact same as the MUFE HD powder, but $4). I like this much better than using a non silica powder to set.

The only think keeping this product at a four is the fact the I break out if I don't use an oil cleanser to remove it. I don't like the extra step, and for that reason this is not my every day foundation. I use this on weekends or when I go out at night.
Edit 3/27: I actually don't need an oil cleanser, something else must have been breaking me out. This has been updated to HG. I realized this when I lost my makeup bag in a cab. ALL of my best makeup gone. Out of all of my stuff, this is one of the first things I repurchased. Made me realize just how much I need it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After several weeks of wear and trying out different colors I have finally decided I can review this. While it is not the miracle I had hoped for, it is still a nice product. The coverage is excellent and although my skin is normally good, I love how it evens out my skintone. My only problem is that even with regular exfoliation, this foundation still seems to magnify any dry skin I didn't even know I had.

Finding the best match was a bit difficult for me at first, just because the color-range is so darn impressive. The nuances are staggering, and frankly all of the choices on the lighter end of the scale (110, 115, and 117) looked better on me than most foundations I have ever tried. I am slightly lighter than NW15, and I found that 117 canceled out the red in my skin, 110 was slightly pink, and 115 was the same only a tad darker. I got compliments on my skin wearing each of these colors, which amazed me.
If you are fair and cool to neutral, I highly recommend samples first to find the best match. With me it finally came to down to preference, and I went with 110 because it was the lightest.

I said I would not repurchase because after 4 weeks of wear I still could not get it to work all that well for me. The color was great, the coverage was great, but the formula was not right for me. It just left me looking too dry. :(

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I really do like this! I think application is key. When I am testing out any foundation for the first time I usually apply with fingers with no primer just my moisturizing sunblock (just to see how it *really* hold up and looks). First day I did this and it seeped into my fine lines but it didn't look bad. The second day I applied my olay complete, be prime time primer and then used my blender brush (or many people use their mac 187 or sk dupe) and it came out pretty much flawless. I do not usually use concealer on regular days as my skin is not THAT bad. Im sure if I used some of their full cover concealer my skin would look pretty perfect (in a natural way). This foundation is buildable. I can make it look sheer with half a pump, medium with one pump and more full with 2+ pumps. Depending on the look im going for. It is definately not made for oily skin. Although, it did accentuate some dry patches I had the first day I tested for some reason. So, make sure you exfoliate. Also, I found that people made this foundation seem like a 'miracle' foundation, which it is not. It is pretty great though if you find a good application technique for you. Personally, I think if you apply with fingers it will not look right. I chose the color 120 and I am a Mac NC25, Alima W2, Lancome Buff 2, CD Forever 023, GA LSF 5. This color worked out pretty great, it does have a lot of golden/yellow tones, so be aware of that. I am very warm so it worked nicely. I put it on at 930am and its 230pm now, 5 hrs later I hardly see signs of wear. Pretty good staying power and I didn't powder (I have pretty parched skin in the winter though). UPDATE 12/26/08 I don't know I knocked off one lippie because the staying power didn't end up being that great in warmer enviroments. Its the dead of winter now but when I entered my grandmothers superheated home or did laundry it faded fast for me. Damn.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by tenaj

I really wanted to like this foundation, but I still prefer the MUFE Face & Body over this. After wearing for a couple hours my face turned greasy because I have combo skin and live in a very humid city. I don't think I will be repurchasing again. The only good thing about is the pump that it has unlike the F&B.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ocdgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a foundation fanatic- I've tied every brand out there- from low end to high end & I love this foundation! I like a lot of yellow & #123 is perfect. There are tons of colors to try & this foundation is medium coverage & still looks & feels natural. Love it!