December 21, 2014 | 1395 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, this does what it says it'll do...on my skin, up close, there is no tell-tale sign that I'm wearing liquid makeup. This seems a little less oily than my Matte Velvet (also by MUFE), and the color selection is extensive, with a lot of choices with yellow undertones (not pink) available. Don't know that it's my HG, but it is a good go-to for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by shesseder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn' feel heavy, doesn't clog pores, good coverage, looks natural, but it turns orange, at least it does on my skin. That's the reason I took two lipsticks away. I don't like to look like Pumpkin Head at the end of the day. For that price, I expect better ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by rallu

The color 120 looks exactly like dior linen and it should be the perfect color for me but because it has a sheer coverage my redness still shows through and after 2 hours it gets oily and starts disappearing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by simpleecharmed

I truly thought this was my HG foundation but sadly it wasn't. I wear 123 and it is a good match for me. The coverage is medium and it is buildable. Initially, I purchased the foundation, the primer (blue), and the powder. After a few weeks I returned the primer and the powder. I did not like the primer at all. The primer did not help provide a smooth application for the foundation and it would ball up around my nose. In addition, I did not like the powder as well. It made me look pale plus it was too messy for me. Although, this foundation provides a nice coverage it rubs off too easily, clog pores, and cause breakouts. I will not repurchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I do like this foundation and for now it is my HG (till I find something better).It covers and matches my skin perfectly, but it does turn greasy after awhile(nothing blotting papers can't fix).I will use this till I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by fashionela

I had such high hopes for this foundation, but sadly I was let down. :( I have combination skin, it's not excessively oily, although it can get dry every once and awhile and I have occasional breakouts. (btw, I have been using MaMa lotion for the breakouts and it is truly one of the greatest products for evening your skin tone!).

Anyways, when I purchased this foundation I did have a breakout going on. I heard that this "high def" makeup helps conceal things like that in photos, but I wore this foundation to a party and in the photos my breakout stood out even more than they normally do with other foundations! Also, this makeup looked so oily on me after it was on for an hour or two, and it also rubbed off so easily!
I am sticking with my Bare Naturale, it conceals so much nicer, doesn't rub off and never ever looks oily. Now I am stuck with this bottle of MUF that I don't use...I may try it one more time, though.

One thing I should point out is that I didn't use the primer or powder. I am sure with the help of these two products the oiliness wouldn't be as bad, but to me that is all too much work when there are other foundations that don't cause oiliness and you don't need to layer three products just to look decent...

I also rated the packaging a 3 simply because of the pump applicator. You have to be careful when pumping out the product or too much will come out and you're left with extra that you're not even using.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by LolaPS

Incredibly disappointing product. Provides an unnatural looking finish. Although it feels lightweight and makes your skin feel smooth, it looks like you've got a powdery mask on. It doesn't provide enough coverage. I agree with some of you; it certainly exaggerates any dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have cool-toned fair skin with some redness like I do, you know that finding a good match for foundation can be very tricky. MUFE HD has a very extensive selection of shades and for my NW20 skin, the 115 was a perfect match. At first, I was very happy with the consistency and medium coverage that this foundation provided, especially in photos where my skin looked smooth and airbrushed. The packaging is very sleek, hygienic and the pump dispenses just the right amount. However, I do have a few criticisms. The first 3-4 weeks of wearing this foundation were spectacular, no complaints whatsoever, then, after about a month, I noticed some dryness in my skin and the foundation wasn’t as flawless a few hours after application as it looked 15 minutes after application. Halfway through the day in some places the foundation had pooled a bit in my pores and in other spots, had mostly melted off. I dabbed a little moisturizer on my face and the problem was quickly solved, but it left me unsatisfied. I’ve realized that your skin has to be super exfoliated and moisturized, especially in the cooler months of the year, to get that perfect even application. Maybe my skin is too dry in the winter for this product, or I need a heavier day cream – but for now I can only give this foundation 3 lippies. I’ll update this review in another month or so

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

Overall, this is a great foundation... it gives medium coverage without feeling heavy on my skin, and though I love the semi-matte finish (no need to top off my look with loose powder), its a bit too drying for my skin right now in the winter. I think it would be perfect for the oilier summer months though. I am NC 30-35 and I found shade 120 a bit too light, and 123 is much more yellow and a bit darker. I ended up getting the 123. The foundation has average wear on my face (~4 hours) before touching up is required.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by persianprincess00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the past I've used Make Up Forever's Face and Body Foundation, which has worked wonders for me. My skin is very dry, and it really keeps it moisturized all day long. Its also very light, so it doesn't feel like I have a mask on.
After hearing so many great reviews on this new HD foundation, I decided to give it a try. When I first put it on, it seemed very heavy on my skin. AND, you have to do a lot of blending...otherwise it totally looks like your wearing a lot makeup. It DID however, have a nice, semi-matte finish. But after using this makeup for a few days, I noticed my skin was getting really dry.
(To the point where it started to peel) After that I had to start using tons and tons of moisturizer before putting it on. I won't be buying this product again...its just not that great. I'll be going back to my old make up forever face and body foundation. Its sooooo much better! (and cheaper)