July 29, 2014 | 1209 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

EDIT: this really has no staying power whatsoever. That make it just plain usless, yes its natural, yes there are lot of shades to choose from but if it's gonna dissapear on you after couple of hours, whats the point of a foundation. and the price? not worth it. I just found my very first DS foundation thanks to this site, I cant beleive i'm saying this but the $9 Rimmel Lasting finish foundation beats this $45 HD stuff. very comparable to the lovely Matt Velvet by MUFE, if not better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by meocat

I wish my skin would love this product because it really does give me that flawless, looks like I'm not wearing make-up look. The first time I used this, I tried applying it with a foundation brush but it didn't sit on my skin very well. It looked caked on and in a couple hours, my foundation looked like it was melting off of my face. I also broke out from using it too. Then I remembered that I was gifted the Beauty Blender and gave this foundation another shot. Instant love! It gave me the flawless look I talked about in the beginning (I did have to dust on some translucent powder to finish it off)... but again, I noticed my skin absolutely hated it and I broke out yet again :( I really wish I could use this since I love the finish but not at the cost of my skin :( Back to mineral make-up for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MissAmbie

Let me start off by saying I am very surprised by the mixed reviews this foundation is getting. I have tried many different foundations, clinique, mac etc. and this is by far my favourite.

This foundation matches my skin tone perfectly, it has great coverage and blends VERY well. A lot of people find that this foundation works great with like a kabuki or a mac 187. I find it blends great with just the mac 190.

I find that it is not heavy at all and doesn't cause breakouts, nor does it look cakey or dry/flakey. I do however recommend setting it with translucent powder

I am so in love with this foundation. My only complaint is the price, but it's still not enough to keep me from buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mydje

I really like this foundation along with the HD powder. I feel it lasts all day, and really covers my pores. It doesn't feel heavy on my face at all. I just use my fingers to apply or smashbox foundation brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by love2106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation starts out absolutely beautiful. After a few days use I noticed some clogged pores and after about a week I was beginning to break out. While I am acne prone, I use three different topical medicines from my derm to combat it and I have yet to see a product beat them until the HD foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by 4miracles

At first, I have to say that I did not like this foundation. I got my sample at the end of the Summer here and it was still hot and humid. I had been using MUFE Mat Velvet + and it was perfect for me in the Georgia heat. With the humidity HD looked way too shiny. I decided to give this foundation another try when the air got dryer and the temp. went lower. My skin seemed to get a tad too try with my beloved MV+. Amazing! I use my MAC 187 to tap it on and buff. It gives wonderful coverage and makes my skin look nice and matte but also gives this beautiful velvet glow. Truly like faces look in the magazines! An airbrushed, glowing finish. It looks just as good at the end of the day as it does when I first put it on. My color in MUFE Mat Velvet is 40 and I have found that I can use either 118 or 120 in HD. They are both so close that I can hardly tell the difference in color. I think 120 may have a tad more yellow but it is not any darker than 118. I plan to re-purchase and will likely use this during the winter and MV during the summer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LyTran414

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I have tried plenty of makeup from Stila Illuminating foundation, tinted moisturizer, bare minerals, laura mercie tinted moist, etc but nothing gives me the coverage I want! I want a sheer to medium coverage for combination/oily skin, and this foundation does the trick!!! Initially I used a makeup brush to put the foundation on but it was too thick, so I decided to use MAC's makeup sponge which gives me just the right amount of coverage. I am olive toned so when I first used 153, it matched my skin exactly, however, my face is usually lighter than my body so I switched to a shade darker but it made me ashy. So I went to buy the HD MUFE primer in caramel. When I first used that primer it seemed very dark but you need to rub the primer in well and evenly. Then I used the MUFE foundation on top and it gave me a perfect and even colored skin, finally I topped it with HD powder. I usually hate it when I take pictures and my face is lighter than normal, however this time when I took pictures my face actually MATCHED my body and a it gave me a flawless finish, thank goodness that primer was sooo helpful!!!!!! It gives me a golden glowy tan which was perfect and I love the way it feels soo smooth on my skin unlike other types of foundation that is sticky......

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by SusanI

When I first applied this foundation I thought I'd finally found my HG. Loved the way it looked on my oily 39 year old skin.Best I had looked in a long time. Felt so confident. 3 hours later it was looking oily-shiney. I blotted applied powder. 5 hours later more oil-shine.I blotted applied powder. 8 hours later a greasey mess imperfections really showing. 10 hours later on my way home Nothing!! Looked like I hadn't put on foundation at all. I really loved it at first. Could be great for normal-combo skinned gals.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by baycoralore

I took 115 - a bit lighter than my skin - an alabaster tone.

I have been using the product for a month and still think I hate my face every-time I see myself in the mirror.

1) The foundation is heavy - I use special Kabuki brush for liquids to apply, but still its too heavy. I put my makeup on, then start to dress up, blow-dry my hair - after 15 minutes I m all sweaty.

2) The package is just right - that is a plus.

3) In the end of the day I see crocked, sick, shiny face, I didn't find it long lasting. It is not a daily product you use. It is an evening thing. Good for couple of hours. And of course for making pictures and videos.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by charlie1206

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

ok .. i really wanted to love this foundation .. let me tell you how bad i wanted to love this ... ok so i want to sephora .. i tried on number 178 and 177 and 175 .. in the store 178 looked the best .. i brought it and was happy as hell .. when i was in the car i started looking at myself and i looked so much darker than what i was ... i was mad .. so i went home washed it off and the next day tried it again .. still to dark .. so i went back and got a #177 the next color up .. this time i didn't get 2 try it on cause the store was closing ... so i got home and it looked too ashy .. i had noo color to me .. i was pissed i mean it goes on great and it feels good on the skin but the color sucks .. i kept it and am just gonna wear at night ...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No