September 30, 2014 | 1865 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Marilyn28

I must say this product had to grow on me. I am totaly a Mac girl and have been for over 10 years so with that said I think I became accustomed to the look of Mac. If you are a mac wearer I think you know what I mean lol! Hd provides a very natural luminous coverage which I really do love but like I said it had to grow on me as it does not look makeupish at all!!!! !I don't think thats a real word lol) It is very natural looking like second skin. People don't think you have any foundation on just great skin. So, it just depends on the look you are going for. I will say the color matches or hard to figure out as they are in no numerical order just all over the place!! In conclusion, I will buy again! ,
Have to sya wnated to love this make up but have returned to my infamous MAC. It just did not provide the flawless coverage I am use to having. After having acomparison test and wearing for a couple of maonths I can give a better account of my affair with MUFE. While, its not a bad foundation it does not trump MAC!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Patipar

I love this foundation, I've used a lots of brands of foundations, but this one is the best I've tried, I've a acne prone skin and have a few scars and blemishes ,this foundation is the only that covers them all making my skin flawless , the only problem is that I've some dry parts on my skin and the foundation didn't settle well, so I've fix the problem by using a cream by nivea ( the one of the blue package). I've definitely you'de buy it again.
Sorry may bad english.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

As a make up artist it is important that my make up shows perfect on photos. This makeup is by far THE best i've ever used! it covers almost anything (buildable) and smoothes on skin like heaven! It has a time release formula so your face doesn't look caky at all, overtime but you have to use an oil control gel before application for that matter especially for oily skin. Excellent product...you feel like nothing on!!!

UPDATE (2009) : i have still to find a foundation that photographs more beautifully than this one. just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kdsincali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is just awesome!!! I have been using it now for two weeks and love it. I am usually a big Laura Mercier fan...and switched from the oil free foundation and mineral powder to MUFE. This foundation covers well and evens out my skin...I have some acne scarring and uneveness and this works like a charm! Much better than Laura ever has. And it sets so nicely!!!!! I like to put it on over Smashbox oil free primer and use a foundation brush to apply it....then pat it with a sponge. The girl at Sephora showed me this technique. Love it!!!! I especially like how the colors do match skin tone, as others have written, that is definately a big plus of this line. I am a MUFE fan :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

***EDIT***

I am in LOVE with this foundation now! I changed my skin care routine thanks to the lovely ladies at the skin care board. (They rec'd MD Forte cleanser and MD Forte facial lotion for my oily yet dry surface skin type.) Since using those two products this foundation just melts into my skin and looks like I'm not wearing any foundation at all! I use to have a problem with this foundation sitting in my pores and catching every flake possible on my skin but that is no longer the case. I love the finish on this too, gives a really nice glow to the face. I do have to blot a couple times throughout the day but that doesn't matter to me. OH! And my favorite way to apply it is with my good ol' finger tips. Really makes the foundation look seemless.
Give this foundation chance ladies!! I am so glad I kept this in my stash!

**ORIGINAL REVIEW***

I really wanted to love this foundation due to all the raves but it just did not work for me at all. I think my skin is just too oily, within 5 minutes this formula was in every single crease, line and pore. I also tired different ways of applying (187, sponge, SK blue peep) but it did not make any difference. I will give them props for all the amazing color choices though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am fairly new to liquid foundations but I must say that MUFE's HD Foundation is quite impressive! First off, as others have mentioned, the color match is perfect! I'm NC27 in MAC foundations and yes, I always would mix together NC25 and NC30 shades. But shade #120 is a perfect match, so no more mixing for me! (I think #120 could work for some NC25ers out there but probably would be too light for most NC30ers). Secondly, the packaging is also perfect. Plastic bottle with a pump - what more could you ask for? And finally, the finish is just *gorgeous*. When I first applied it, I didn't really see what the big deal was. But when I looked in the mirror 5 minutes later, I was so pleased! I think a few earlier reviews mentioned that it takes a little while for the foundation to really sink into the skin, and I completely agree. After it settles, it is the perfect semi-matte finish for my somewhat oily skin (foundations with dewy finishes are definitely a no-go for me!). I say semi-matte because it is definitely a matte finish, but there is *something* else to it....I can only describe it as beautifully radiant! Coverage is very buildable - I prefer a medium coverage and 2 full pumps is the right amount for me to use. This foundation feels incredibly light and there is no cakeyness whatsoever! I've been using my 187 to apply, but I am going to try a few different methods as I think a lot of product goes to waste this way. This stuff isn't cheap for sure, but when you factor in the pump its only $10 bucks more than a MAC foundation, and I find that it is totaly worth it! I can see why this foundation is a favorite among professional makeup artists! ***EDIT: 3 weeks later and I am still loving this foundation! I am now using the Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush to apply it, I only need 1 pump and maybe another little squirt and I buff it into my skin and it is flawless! Love this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me: Mac NW20
MUFE HD 118
Green eyes
Red hair
Red undertones to my skin (freckles etc)

This foundation is SPECTACULAR.
I bought this at Sephora as opposed to HSN. The difference is that HSN only sells 4 shades. I suggest that you go to Sephora to be matched for your perfect shade. It took me two times to get the right shade. This foundation MATCHES your skin.

I normally Mac exclusively and NW20 gives my skin more color than just 'matching' me. I'm not unhappy with that because I'm pale, but it clearly does not match my neck. NW20 doesn't give me a line of demarcation but it definately gives me more color.

I use #118 in this product. It is perfect match. I start with the
HD Microperfecting Primer in Green to cancel the red in my skin.
I apply the foundation, sometimes with my (gasp)fingers and it smoothes on beautifully. My skin is perfect and flawless. I don't see my enlarged pores at all!

The SA at Sephora suggested that I use a product to add color to my skin the way that Nw20 foundation did. Perhaps a bronzer or BE warmth. It helps me not look so pale.

This foundation wears so well. It looks great all day. It removes easily with my Mac wipes and I have had ZERO breakouts!

It's expensive, but it does have a nice pump so it's easy to use just what I need. I believe this product is worth the price.

This is definately one of those products that you should take samples home and get the samples of the primers too so you can try it more than once.

I wish I could wear the MUFE HD powder but I found that it was too white for me, but I did follow up with Cargo's HD pressed powder or Mac's loose powder. Beautiful!

This makes me really want to explore this brand!

TRY IT!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Maybe the best foundation made, I can't express any more than what others have. It just has to be worn in order for you to understand. Nothing is a miracle, but this comes close enough for me. I am #125 sand. Light with a beige undertone. This is a base that must be matched by testing the shades on your skin. Follow up with the HD powder, they are like a couple and must go together. I do notice there is no info listed about spf being in this, that I have seen or heard. I think it is made for indoor use, obviously because it was made for HD cameras. Hmmm, so wear it with seperate spf ladies... I hope that doesn't change the quality for you, but choose a light one like Neutrogena dry touch. The best thing about this foundation is it's so light, but it covers flaws and never looks thick or cakey. I apply one pump to my brush and then tap it on my face. Blend right away. You do not want this to set and dry in patches. It's meant to dry very quickly and you go on your way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colours:
- MAC NC30
- MUFE Mat Velvet+ 30
- MUFE HD 120

The colour match is excellent. Except I have to use a brush to apply so the foundation coverage won't look to cakey. The MUA at Sephora recommended this to me after I realized the Mat Velvet+ was clogging my pores and breaking me out. So far with this foundation, I have had no clogged pores or breakout. I still have acne, don't get me wrong, but it is not as CRAZY as with the Mat Velvet+.

People complain about looking like an oil slick after using this foundation. From my experience, I have to use the microfinish powder just to get the oilies away. Using the powder + foundation combo...your makeup will look cakey initially but less so and more natural given a few minutes with the moisture.

The coverage is more full if you using your fingers to apply. I prefer using a brush so it's a bit more sheer then cover up my blemish marks and scars with a concealer.

[Edit]: Got a tip from a make up artist that if you mix this foundation with the Nars Aqua Gel Hydrator and a few drops of your sunscreen (I use Shiseido Anessa - Silver Tube). I get more product and my face is more moisturized. Honestly, I had people come and tell me that my makeup looks more natural just because of the thin layer of makeup on my face. But the interesting thing is that it offers the same coverage. The makeup artist says that you should treat makeup as a cream as oppose to an extra layer on the face. My face is more glowy and natural. LOVE IT!

[Edit 2]: After one month or so or usage, I found out that this product BROKE ME OUT. It has an ingredient called "sorbitan sesquioleate" and "sodium chloride (salt)" that clogs my pores. It's the same ingredient in Mat Velvet+ caused me to break out. If you have sensitive skin and really acne prone, I don't recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Soyonzen

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have and love F&B #32. I bought this in #127 and it's a perfect match for me. I don't love it as much though. I prefer LM's silk creme foundation (in bamboo beige) to this because t covers my imperfections better, looks more natural on me, and keeps my skin moisturized (I have very dry skin). I like F&B for days when I don't feel like wearing heavy make up --like the weekends. For work? I'll stick to Laura Mercier. I give it a 4 because I think that if you don't have many flaws to cover this may be for you.