BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Lash

3.1

on 12/6/2004 5:13:00 PM

I was looking for a mascara that would give a dramatic look like Dior Show, but without the clumpiness I experienced with DS... this was not the answer to my prayers.

Perhaps it is the gel based formula, but instead of holding the curl of my eyelashes, this seemed to pull the curl out and they were straight as a board! That paired with the "wetness" of my lashes after application left me pretty underwhelmed by Bad Gal. I would not repurchase, and will probably have to buy something else, because I can't stand to use the rest of it.

I had better luck with MAX Factor 2000 Calorie (and it is about $11 less)! continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara is so bad it makes Baby Jesus cry. Its awful, terrible, crappy, sucky and a huge waste of time. After trying the Bad Gal liner and having a similar loathing for it I would never have tried this...but my mother gave it to me as a gift, so I tried it. My lashes are short...they need help...they need volume and lenght. Bad Gal Lash did nothing for me, no volume, no length and it clumped and was so heavy it made my lashes kind of "fall down". If you have long dark lashes already this might be okay for you because you dont need anything and it is not anything. I wish I could give this a negative rating. I have to say though...the package is cute. Thats the only thing remotely appealing about this mascara though.

on 12/2/2004 3:31:00 PM

This mascara is so so. Not really bad, but not good either. It's just a mascara and it didn't make my lashes thick and fat, did not do what it promissed. There are far more better mascaras out there, don't waste your money on this one.

on 12/2/2004 1:09:00 PM

Cute packaging and va-va-voom lashes in an instant. I only need one coat of this and I'm set! The packaging is fabulous, too...I recommend this to anyone -- at least TRY it!

on 12/1/2004 12:57:00 PM

I use this with my Lancome primer, Cils Booster and it works beautifully, long dark lashes. However, on the one occasion I used iy without the primer it was a disaster, it smudges within minutes, I'm usually an expert at avoiding smudges but this was a nightmare. In future, I'll only use this when I have used a primer first. For everyday use, when I dont want such a dramatic look, I'll stick to my Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara.

on 12/1/2004 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this better than my NARS mascara, but the fat brush takes a little getting used to. I think once I learn how to handle the brush, I'll get even better results. But the big brush does definitely help in the lengthening department. Cool mascara... But because of the price I'm not sure I'll buy it again.

on 11/29/2004 9:47:00 PM

I bought this with my Bad Gal eyeliner. Both a disappointment. Very very expensive for its quality. It did nothing to curl or thicken my lashes and it left me looking like a raccoon just like the bad gal eyeliner did. Will not rebuy.

on 11/28/2004 2:51:00 PM

This is my HG mascara that I use every day to have dark dramatic, full lashes. I have not had any problems with smudging. I am on my third tube of this.

Its a little pricey IMO since you have to replace mascara every 3 months. Retails for $18.

on 11/28/2004 12:43:00 PM

I returned this mascara in order to purchase DiorShow, which I detest with a passion. I have to say, my mom really noticed my lashes when i wore this, however i wanted a more dramatic look and I feel I didnt get that. My friends said it looked like my drug store mascaras, except that I payed 6x the price! But if you want a decent mascara that isnt too dramatic that can be returned, go for it.

I have the BeneFit Plush mascara in Brown, and it's okay...I got it for free from Shop, Etc. magazine. It has a TON of mascara inside and the wand also holds a lot of mascara (maybe too much). I haven't noticed any problems with smudging (I try REALLY hard not to touch my face or rub my eyes, though). I love the packaging, the metal tube is totally sturdy.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products