October 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by abbey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swapped for this, so I'm not sure of the actual price of the product, but from what I heard its not cheap but not ridiculously expensive.

I know that this didnt get great reviews (because of smudging and the abnormally large brush size) but a friend recommended it so I decided to try it and fell in love. While the brush is very large, its not impossible to manuver. One coat gives you a natural look and the more layers, the more dramatic (I like em super thick and super long). I personally didn't have a problem with smudging and may just have found my new HG mascara. Would absolutely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by harrietteb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So sad. :( Im used to my Lancome and will never stray again. Looks like I have black eyes when I woke up (had forgotten to take off the night before).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by somde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Satan in a tube of mascara. It gives you gloriously lovely lashes - for about two seconds. Then SMUDGE SMUDGE SMUDGE. You look like you've been in a fistfight, not like you paid $18 for a mascara. STAY AWAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mcreechkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved the look of this mascara on my lashes-beautiful. However, the mascara really smudged under my eyes, and I only applied it to the top lashes. I will use this until it's gone, but I will not repurchase until Benefit fixes the smudging problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by dinl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first tried this I was expecting it to apply thicker. I gave it a week or so to get used to and now I love it. My all-time favorite mascara is Lancome Definicils and second is Loreal Voluminous. I would recommend this mascara to my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2004 3:22:00 AM More reviews by OstrichInMyRamen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is great! I have amazing fake-looking lashes that I never thought I could have. The only setback would be the big brush as many have commented. When it comes to the raccoon-eye effect, most mascaras will tend to do this considering a lot of the product will fall on to our cheeks while we blink or sweat or whatever. The problem is minimal for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2004 3:07:00 PM More reviews by m_giroux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've read mixed reveiws on this mascara, and most of the bad ones agree with my feelings about it. Since everyone wants something different from a mascara, it's hard to give it a review that would be suited to all preferences but I've narrowed the preference thing down to two categories. There are those among us who prefer the "natural" lash look with some length and definition, and others who prefer full out drama-big, thick, curled lashes that really open the eyes and make them seem bigger and wider. I fall into the latter category so you can imagine my excitement upon reading all the fabulous, big, thick, lush looking false lashes press involved with the advertisement. I bought this at sephora in soho, after hearing a random girl talking to her friend in front of me who said "it looks just like false eyelashes". I decided to go with it because I figure, coming from a random person and not a sales associate who wants to sell the product, the claims would more likely prove true. Much to my disappointment, this mascara not only failed to live up to it's claims in the volumizing department, it did worse things in the process. It smears faster than great lash in the sierra desert, takes forEVER to dry (so that it gets all over your socket if you open your eyes before giving it the few minutes it needs to dry-and who has time for that?)and even with several coats and even reapplication after it dried, fails to deliver the full, thick, long lashes it promises. Also the brush is rather ridiculous in size, making application difficult and this big dollop of mascara comes out on the end of the wand everytime I pull it out. With it's thin, watery consistency, tendency to smear like HELL, and even (yes) the look it gives to lashes, this mascara, in all respects aside from the packaging and the outlandish price, is virtually identical to Maybelline great lash. Great lash is on ok mascara-for FOUR DOLLARS. This mascara offers the kind of quality I'd expect for that price-not the $18.00 I shelled out for it. So save your money ladies. Even if you decide you're really sold on this mascara, keep in mind that great lash offers the exact same effect for about 14 dollars less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2004 11:24:00 PM More reviews by StaceyMcGill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore Bad Gal lash. No other mascara has given me such dramatic looking, thick long lashes. I find they look fullest when I apply 3-5 coats one after the other (before the first coat dries), wiggling the brush back and forth slightly while as I work my way to the tips of my lashes. The only thing keeping me from rating this a perfect 5 is the tendency to smudge under my lower lashes by the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by GinnyC2002

I hate to say it but this is probably the worst mascara ever. Does not thicken or lengthen, so what does it do? Nothing, that's what!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by DiorBabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow...this stuff just, sucks! What's the big whoop with this money waster? I wasted my $$ on this istead of a Too Faced eye shadow? What a mistake.