October 24, 2014 | 1715 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by crimsoncurlzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after the hype about it. I was on the search for a great foundation that would blend with my very pale skintone.

COLOR MATCH: After much debating, i settled on Shade 115. I am slightly paler than NC15 which is a bit yellow for me as well. Shade 115 actually matched my skin almost perfectly which doesn't really happen often for me :)

APPLICATION: I really dislike the pump on this bottle. It easily dispenses too much product if you're not careful which is annoying when i just needed a dab to apply in a spot for heavier coverage.

COVERAGE & WEAR: I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks/chin and have a very uneven skintone. It evened my skintone some but did not cover the acne scars i have. they were still very obvious and one of the biggest reasons i wear foundation or mmu is to cover those scars. I have combination normal/oily skin and while it does wear fairly well, it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's the lack of coverage for the scarring i have but by the end of the day, i'm very unhappy with how my m/u looks.

*****as a side note, i tried a sample of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation and settled on the Ecru shade. Awesome coverage and great wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I REALLY wanted to like this product. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and a couple of dark marks from past acne. (I know, I sound beautiful) I had been recovering from a bout of acne, the winter was drying my skin, wanted to try new liquid foundation (been using mineral for the warmer months), and the Sephora rep recommended this for a "natural, light look". She was amazing and color-matched me within seconds (this is difficult since I'm a cultural mutt). I used it for about 2 weeks, and started breaking out ALL OVER AGAIN, in places that normally I would not break out. I only changed my foundation in my routine, so its back to mineral make up for me. Too bad because the color was perfect, but it is not worth the toll on my skin.

PROS: great, hygienic bottle pump, excellent color variety, light and not obvious on your skin

CONS: may possibly cause breakouts

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been breaking out lately on my cheeks and needed foundation desperately to cover up my acne scars. My skin is extremely oily and acne-prone, and I was terrified to cover my skin with anything extra, but my face needed some help. I did a little research and I was torn between trying MUFE's HD foundation and Mat Velvet. When I asked the salesgirl at Sephora what the biggest difference is between the two, she said that Mat Velvet is more thick and noticable on your face. In other words, people will be able to tell you're wearing makeup. Not my thing, so I opted for the HD, which she said is lighter and blends into your skin more naturally. And blend it does, gorgeously. I've never found a color that matches my skin so perfectly. Lasts a decent amount of time, even on my oily skin. No greasy, mask-like feel; it actually feels like I'm not wearing makeup at all. And so far, no new breakouts. My skin has never looked so even-toned and smooth. A tad pricey, but it works so nicely with my skin, I will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by MsKimberly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first review on this site! I have to say I love this foundation dearly. I have a very pale complexion and I was matched to the perfect shade. What I love about this product is that it layers on very well. You can barely tell I am wearing foundation! So I can even wear during the day and not feel like the world sees me wearing a mask, lol. Another great thing about it is I can wear it for HOURS and not get oily. That is amazing for me. Liquid foundations and I usually do not mesh well when it comes to oil. This product wins! Plus it has a pump and I like that. The only downside is I wish you could control how much product comes out. You get more than you really want sometimes. It's a little pricey but I think it's worth trying out. 5 lippies over all! It's the best I'VE had. And I have swam through the seven seas of foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

I think this is a good foundation if you have normal skin and not many imperfections to cover. I've tried this foundation on and off again but the reasons I don't care for it are: the coverage is too sheer for me (some people might like this but I prefer a full coverage), not good for oil control and I also found it emphasized my blemishes and flaky skin if I didn't moisturize extremely well beforehand. Furthermore, it's extremely pricey at $40. I just feel that if I'm going to spend that much on a foundation, it should make my skin look great and it didn't. It made me look like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all. However, my sister and friends adore this foundation (they have perfect skin to begin with and don't have much to cover up at all). This also may have contributed to some clogged pores I've been experiencing lately. I read plenty of other reviews that claimed this foundation was very bad for acne-prone skin. What I did like about it, however, was the variety of colors because my shade matched me perfectly and didn't oxidize. I ended up returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by 1u1u88

I have been a MakeUp For Ever user for quite sometime now. I've experienced my fair share of foundations too, from the pricier of Dior & Vincent Longo to the everyday of CoverGirl, powders to creams to liquid base, and everything in between, I found that this brand of products, especially their Foundation collection has been the best decision I've stuck with. They have quite an extensive collection of colors to match most skin tones (of course there'll always be a few that don't quite agree) and with their medium cover, I do like the option of being able to layer to my desired shade with having to worry I've put too much on. The medium coverage also gives me the option to not have to wear additional concealer on top. Usually a coat does the trick in hiding most of my face's uneven aspect without feeling as though I've got a ton of make up on my face. One thing I would like to mention is I don't quite understand the "HD" aspect of this particular product but for the price vs. quality aspect of a good foundation, it's got my thumbs up!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by erinmosh

I've been using this foundation for about a week. I'm normally an nc15 in studio fix fluid (mac) and nc20 in other mac foundations. i got #117. I use a primer (smashbox's photofinish) and MAC's msf natural to set it. i use a skunk brush to apply (MAC's 187).it looks great at first, but by the end of the day (8 hour work days) it seems to melt off my face, and make my skin look all oily/weird. i have dry skin, so maybe thats the problem? not sure. it's a shame, because this foundation is medium buildable coverage and looks great at first! i really liked it besides my problem. i also picked up some mat velvet foundation, i'm going to try that next!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Noet

Great colors, perfect match for my fair but yellow undertone skin. Amazing natural finish, almost undetectable with light medium coverage. Love the pump, very higenic and keeps you from wasting product. My current fave!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

I love this. it covers beautifully. i use one pump and blend in using my fingers. it sets to a slightly powdery (ie non-shiny, non-matte) look. i love the way this looks. it doesn't turn colour even after 8 or so hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this foundation. The MA at sephora tried a lot of shades on me and unfortunately, nothing matched. I have warm and cool tones. I also noticed that it made my skin very dry and ashy. I finally tried the mat velvet one and i love it.