September 17, 2014 | 1923 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

I think this is a good foundation if you have normal skin and not many imperfections to cover. I've tried this foundation on and off again but the reasons I don't care for it are: the coverage is too sheer for me (some people might like this but I prefer a full coverage), not good for oil control and I also found it emphasized my blemishes and flaky skin if I didn't moisturize extremely well beforehand. Furthermore, it's extremely pricey at $40. I just feel that if I'm going to spend that much on a foundation, it should make my skin look great and it didn't. It made me look like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all. However, my sister and friends adore this foundation (they have perfect skin to begin with and don't have much to cover up at all). This also may have contributed to some clogged pores I've been experiencing lately. I read plenty of other reviews that claimed this foundation was very bad for acne-prone skin. What I did like about it, however, was the variety of colors because my shade matched me perfectly and didn't oxidize. I ended up returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by 1u1u88

I have been a MakeUp For Ever user for quite sometime now. I've experienced my fair share of foundations too, from the pricier of Dior & Vincent Longo to the everyday of CoverGirl, powders to creams to liquid base, and everything in between, I found that this brand of products, especially their Foundation collection has been the best decision I've stuck with. They have quite an extensive collection of colors to match most skin tones (of course there'll always be a few that don't quite agree) and with their medium cover, I do like the option of being able to layer to my desired shade with having to worry I've put too much on. The medium coverage also gives me the option to not have to wear additional concealer on top. Usually a coat does the trick in hiding most of my face's uneven aspect without feeling as though I've got a ton of make up on my face. One thing I would like to mention is I don't quite understand the "HD" aspect of this particular product but for the price vs. quality aspect of a good foundation, it's got my thumbs up!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by erinmosh

I've been using this foundation for about a week. I'm normally an nc15 in studio fix fluid (mac) and nc20 in other mac foundations. i got #117. I use a primer (smashbox's photofinish) and MAC's msf natural to set it. i use a skunk brush to apply (MAC's 187).it looks great at first, but by the end of the day (8 hour work days) it seems to melt off my face, and make my skin look all oily/weird. i have dry skin, so maybe thats the problem? not sure. it's a shame, because this foundation is medium buildable coverage and looks great at first! i really liked it besides my problem. i also picked up some mat velvet foundation, i'm going to try that next!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Noet

Great colors, perfect match for my fair but yellow undertone skin. Amazing natural finish, almost undetectable with light medium coverage. Love the pump, very higenic and keeps you from wasting product. My current fave!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

I love this. it covers beautifully. i use one pump and blend in using my fingers. it sets to a slightly powdery (ie non-shiny, non-matte) look. i love the way this looks. it doesn't turn colour even after 8 or so hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this foundation. The MA at sephora tried a lot of shades on me and unfortunately, nothing matched. I have warm and cool tones. I also noticed that it made my skin very dry and ashy. I finally tried the mat velvet one and i love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mcruz

I tried this product based on reviews from a lot of online sources. While it gave great coverage, it made my skin itchy and I got a few breakouts. I used it with brushes and sponges, so as long as you don't use too much (3/4 pump worked for me), you won't look chalky or too heavily made up which can happen. I also noticed that it looked a bit gray near the end of the day so the colour may have been a tad too light. While I will never buy this again, I encourage others to give it a try. Just make sure you get it from a store where there's a liberal return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mniedermeyer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first review of any product. I have been using mineral foundation for 5 years. I have been having terrible breakouts and could not figure out why. I decided to switch to this foundation after hearing all the reviews. Not even a week and my skin is clearer and smoother and looks flawless. I love it. I will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by cmariemac

I have very fair skin and this foundation matched perfect! MAC foundation not only was way to dark for me (NW15) but also broke me out terribly. I wanted a foundation that had medium+ coverage and was a satin finish. I was using Revlon colorstay but it was heavy and again too dark. So, after reading reviews I decided to purchase the HD online with my 15$ off coupon. I did not ever try this out in the store. When it arrived I put on a heavy moisturizer, BE prime time, and then one and a half squirts of the foundation. I used my fingers because my stippling brush was dirty. The color was a perfect match and the coverage was phenomenal, I have never seen a foundation look so natural. When I showed my mom she gasped because it looked so good. Thank you MUFE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not HG status, but a terrific foundation. One of the best that I have used. Color is a perfect match, the foundation lasts and gives a flawless finish. Like some other reviewers, I think application is key. A foundation brush in necessary for me to get the flawless skin look. I don't use a primer, just a little bit of Clinique's Pore Minimizer on my t zone. However, I am now interested in trying out one of the primers in this line. I also use the Coastal Scents Silica powder to set (exact same as the MUFE HD powder, but $4). I like this much better than using a non silica powder to set.

The only think keeping this product at a four is the fact the I break out if I don't use an oil cleanser to remove it. I don't like the extra step, and for that reason this is not my every day foundation. I use this on weekends or when I go out at night.
Edit 3/27: I actually don't need an oil cleanser, something else must have been breaking me out. This has been updated to HG. I realized this when I lost my makeup bag in a cab. ALL of my best makeup gone. Out of all of my stuff, this is one of the first things I repurchased. Made me realize just how much I need it.