December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have not bought it yet but I have sampled them a few times, enough to know how this works on me. My staple primer is the HD blue/purple from this line, and I love the finish result of them working together. I am not very sure whether this foundation will work as well without the HD primer but I think it will work with other type of primer. This goes on evenly and melts right into your skin. Very nice coverage and photos well. The staying power is average, nothing stays on my oily face longer than 5 hours anyways. The plus of this is that even if it slides off, it does not make touch ups tougher like some foundation do.
In term of price...how is this high? This is average for a department store foundation. I've tried many foundations and the price of this is definitely reasonable...think about La Prarine, La Mer...easily over $100.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by yumi1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an initial review on HD foundation, which I have been testing out.

I have oily/combo, sensitive, VERY acne-prone skin. I also have uneven skintone and acne scarring. AND fine lines and dry patches :P So far, HD is a very good foundation. I'd say it's light to medium coverage, it evens things out very nicely but doesn't completely cover the bad scarring or very red spots. You'd have to use a concealer in conjunction with it. Sure, I get shiny after a while, but I get shiny with everything- Revlon Colorstay and all. It's nothing too bad. It doesn't seem to be ultra long lasting, but that's ok with me. Just don't go work out or touch your face all day long if you want it to stay on. The finish is very natural looking, which I really like. It's like what I wish a tinted moisturizer would do for me! And by golly, it photographs beautifully. No lie. I know that that is what it was designed to do, but it really works. I used to love LM oil free, it gave me the coverage I loved but man, did it look like poo in pictures. My face was always ghastly whiter than the rest of me, and my foundation matched (in person) perfectly. So I also love that about HD. The price is up there, but it's not the worst, but the pump bottle is good. I don't like that you can only get it at Sephora- points off for that. Not everyone has a Sephora nearby and you really need to sample a few shades IRL before buying. But add points for having a great color selection! I am a Mac NC25/30, LM Silk Creme bamboo beige/LM oil free Sunny Beige and I tried 118, 120 and 123. 120 is perfect for me right now. 123 will probably be great for summer (although I can get away with wearing it right now) but may be slightly light if I get very tan.

So far.. haven't broken out. If I were sensitive to this, I would have already broken out so it's probably safe to say I won't. Yay!

I think I am going to buy this. I'm really liking it so far. I will update if anything changes!

*UPDATE 2/25* I have since bought a full size bottle. Still loving it. One full pump does my whole face and then some. I have just enough left over to go over old scars, areas that need extra coverage again. The texture is phenomenal. Light and silky. Other reviewers are right when they say it will accentuate dry spots, but really, are there foundations that don't?? Just make sure to exfoliate & moisturize (if necessary) before applying. Hasn't caused any breakouts yet either. Again, I get shiny/oily with this, but I get shiny & oily from everything. I wouldn't stop me from repurchasing because there are so many other wonderful qualities in this foundation.

*UPDATE 10/10/09* This is still the best foundation I have been using. I tried switching back to Revlon Colorstay (too heavy, caused slight breakouts, not a good color match), L'oreal Age Perfect (eh- so-so, not a wide color selection, good moisturizing properties, gets a little oily) LM Silk Creme (decent, but I prefer MUFE HD). Has not caused any breakouts thus far, so I think it won't. Looks beautiful and natural if your skin is in decent condition. The best remedy to blending in any blemishes or scarring, is by using MUFE Full Cover concealer. MUFE HD 120 is a perfect match with Full Cover #4. I use 123 in the summer and I think #6 is a good match.

Still hands down my fave foundation so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and have to report that I absolutely love it! NC30 for reference and I use HD in 120. I use about 1 and a half pumps to cover my entire face using the MAC 188 brush then set it with MAC MSFN. It stays on pretty much throughout the entire day =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in shade 120, I think. I also have the HD powder. I really like this foundation, its a perfect match to my skin and blends easily and looks really natural. Together with the powder, it looks flawless. Coverage is medium, I'd say. It lasts about 8-10 hours on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by cavalierkcs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get the hype about this product. I found it didn't have very good coverage, and came off easily. It did look good right after application, but my face still got very oily and looked washed out after a few hours. I returned it and will not repurchase. Mat Velvet works much better for my oily skin, and gives better, longer-lasting coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by vanilladiva45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After seeing such rave reviews, I had to try this. Color 118 is a perfect match - I finally found a color that helps combat redness and look completely natural. If I exfoliate and moisturize, this stuff looks amazing. The only problem is that at the end of the day, I sometimes look flakey, as this can be super drying. For me, the coverage lasts all day and does not turn oily/shiny. It nicely hides any little blemishes, redness, etc. The color selection is great and everyone is bound to find one. While the pricetag is a bit off-putting, all it takes it one pump a day. I've had my bottle for two months and am not even halfway finished with it.

Edit: I stopped using this for a while, when the color became too light for me, and just recently went back to it. Sadly, I don't love it like I used to. It looks very obvious and I can't find a color that looks just right anymore. There are definitely better foundations for my skin type and color out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few days now & am really impressed. Coverage is fantastic yet it manages to look like I have little to no foundation on. It even covered some acne marks left along my chin. Once it's settled, it has a beautiful matte, yet glowing finish. Even after a few hours it doesn't look oily at all.
Wear is excellent. It lasted for 9 hours (I washed it off at that point) with minimal wear & tear. This was quite a feat considering I'd not bothered with a primer at all and have quite an oily t-zone.
Feels like I had next to nothing on my skin, incredibly light and great coverage? The sort of thing I'd only dreamed of.
At the moment I'm using shade 115. It's not bad but not perfect for me. A little too dark and pink-toned for my liking. It's liveable with, though. I'll try it in 117 next time and see which is a better fit (my best match is Chanel's Mat Lumiere in Porcelaine, pale neutral/slight yellow tone). I'm still loving my other top foundations (afore-mentioned Mat Lumiere & Dior's Capture Totale), but I really like this and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

Im a new user to liquid foundation, so I went into Sephora and had a SA picked out the MUFE HD and matched me to shade 120, which is a great match! (118 also worked, so I think the overall tones of MUFE shades work for my skin) I would say its a medium coverage and also a really great consistency. Not too thin like a TM, but not heavy at all. I have fairly oily skin as well as some redness and acne marks and this covered everything really well without looking too heavy or obvious. (which is what I want to go for b/c I hate the look of being made up) It was really natural and made my skin look wonderful, but sadly broke me out in small blemishes. So I returned it. But if you have non acne-prone skin I would definitely recommend this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

you are in the UK you can get hold of MUFE via mail order from http://www.makeup-provisions.com/ and http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/ (I think this one has cheaper P&P).

I normally use MUFE MV+ and decided to give HD a go after reading all the hype on the boards here and on Specktra.

For reference I am NC20-25 and have combination skin (both mildly dry and slightly oily in places) that is acne prone (although acne now relatively under control). I got this in 118, which is the best colour match in a foundation I have ever had. Even better than MV+30 which I have normally used.

I have given this a few trials and have found the same results. It goes on flawlessly, however disappears by lunchtime, even with a primer and HD powder. More annoying is how it feels on my skin. I can feel it all the time and it irritates me, making me want to scratch. I decided to give it another go 2 days ago and wore it for one day. The following day I had 2 small spots around my mouth. I have not had breakouts for ages and am convinced that the HD foundation did it. I normally look down on people who say one day of wearing a product broke them out, as I think it sounds pretty implausable but I am convinced it did.
The overall summary is
Pros
-Great pump dispenser
-Looks flawless initially
-Great range of shades
Cons
-Expensive
-Doesn't last past lunchtime
-Makes my skin itch
-Causes breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by km1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lightweight and long lasting with excellent coverage - what more can you ask for?