August 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mascara junkie here., when i first got this i almost thought i found my hg mascara...im not one to care to all the messing about that applying mascara occaisionally requires. Thats what i initially loved about thos mascara one coat and BAM i had great long lashes. HOWEVER a week and a half into the tube it flaked like mad. Hence my 3 lippy rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ILovePickles

I was in need of a new mascara, so I decided to try out The Falsies.
This mascara does apply well. It's not too clumpy, and doesn't make my lashes feel dry like lot of mascaras tend to do.
It won't give the appearance of false lashes, but it does a good job and lengthening and separating your lashes.
The only gripe I have with this mascara is that it doesn't have any staying power for me. I put it on before I went to work, and by the time I got home the mascara on my bottom lashes had smudged onto my skin. Not a very pretty look.
Despite the transfer, I recommend trying this out. It's definitely not a bad drugstore mascara. I'll be using mine until it's time for me to repurchase my lash blast.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by bcece28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! Who would of thought that a $7 tube of this DS mascara would be AMAZING!!! I have used other DS and HE mascaras and this WINS!! It gives length for days, no clumping- I got the very black and it looks very WOW! I often wear a "nude" eye/face ( just foundation, a low pigment/but shimery blush, and just mascara on the eye), and a dramatic lipstick ( a suggestion I got from the SA at MAC), and this makes my eyelashes POP....it really is that good ladies. BUT it is kind of hard to remove, so I guess that's the only negative (which may be a positive to others)-meaning its got staying power. I will never give this up---i got 2 letters we all love- H.G.!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Cherriez211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I want to start out by saying, this is a great buy for a ds brand mascara, however, it works different on different lash types.If your lashes are short, fine, sparse (like mine), it can go on too thick/wet/clumpy and not look right..and it sounds like that's the main complaint I've read on here. I believe the big problem is that this product should have been made as a double-sided mascara with a base-coat. Having said that, here's how I made it work and got amazing results:

-curl lashes
-use a thin coat of lighter-weight mascara as a base (I used VS voluptuous..applied over the top of lashes) lashcomb thru from underneath and let dry for a minute
-apply two coats of The Falsies from underneath (the normal way) and don't let dry completely between coats

Using this method, I got fantastic results, better than any other mascara..I took off 2 lippies because like I said, it needs to have a basecoat included.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lirial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about a week, and I'm just not having any luck with it and will give it to my step daughter.

Pros:
- I love the "Very Black" color. It's dark and bold.
- It really does emphasize length.

Cons:
- The formula is really, really wet. It takes more than 20 minutes to dry, and with my long lashes, it gets all over my upper lid with normal movement/activity.
- It does nothing for me as far as volumizing.
- It's so wet it makes my lashes stick together. Trying to comb them apart just results in mess everywhere since it takes so long to dry.

Aside from the color and lengthening, I can't recommend this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara, but can only give it a 3 rating. It does deliver a "false lash" effect in creating length and volume. Looks fantastic paired with liquid liner and a darker and more dramatic eye. The big con for me personally is the actual product dries up so quickly in the tube, rendering the mascara useless as it applies chunky and flakey. I have bought three tubes and all three tubes dry up within 2 weeks of purchase. I don't know if I keep buying duds or the packaging isn't air tight, but I won't repurchase and continue to waste my money when I have mascaras that deliver similar results and last me a few months before I have to toss and repurchase. (ex. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by calikini

I am a mascara junkie who looooves thick thick thick long lashes. some might even say... clumpy. but i have big eyes and was blessed with lots of lashes, so it sort of works.

this mascara goes on thick and volumizes like no other.
those who like the natural lash look would not like this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

i got the waterproof version, the formula it sticky,my lashes were clumped together and hardened.also,it is hard to remove

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by maybemaybenot

Ive been trying this for awhile. I have to say I do not like it. It clumps my lashes no matter what I do and looks horrible. I gave it a 2 cause I like the purple tube and its a good black color. Other then that Its a clumpy mess and makes my lashes stick together. I will try it again in the future but I dought it will work then. I wont rebuy....

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by EUPHORIASTAFF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gave me those coveted "spider look" lashes. Yuk. Returned it next day.