Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 7/29/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lotsa length, lotsa volume, but it does take a bit to dry. I don't use it for everyday wear because it gives me such dramatic lashes. It is oodles of fun, though!

on 7/29/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Okay so I have been using Maybelline's Colossal for the longest time and decided to try this. I will be honest, your eyelahes get reallllllly long from this mascara. Just by two whips of the wand my eyelashes extended like crazy. So to the falsies claim...they give close to them! I love how the wand is at a curve when you use it.

As much length as this mascara gave, I felt like it didn't give me volume though. UNTIL I flipped the wand around and ta-da, there was volume! You just have to learn how to use the mascara wand correctly. Experiment a little!

This mascara frustrates me sometimes because it seems too clumpy, messy, or watery but you just have to learn to get use it. Overall I think it's a great product and I love how it makes my eyelashes look! I will defiantly buy again.

on 7/29/2010 1:28:00 PM

I love this mascara. Is very wet and sits on the lashes quite heavily. Tends to clump slightly but as the wand covers the lashes corner to corner they fan out pretty evenly and end up very long especially after a second coat. Brilliant for a wide-eyed look.

on 7/29/2010 9:47:00 AM

First off- Maybelline please stop using ridiculous amounts of false lashes in your commercials- its really misleading! This mascara features a spoon shaped wand which is supposed to hold the curl in lashes and help create a false lash effect. I have to say I am really impressed with the formulation of this mascara as well as the wand since there is minimal clumping, and no flaking or smudging- pretty impressive! However, just using this mascara alone definitely does not achieve a false lash effect, in fact, I'm very surprised at how subtle the lash effect is at all.

Despite this, you really can achieve an awesome false lash effect when used with another mascara- L'Oreal telescopic clean definition. I use the telescopic first to lengthen my lashes and separate them, and then use the falsies to thicken, curl and further lengthen my lashes. I absolutely love this mascara combination, and therefore will continue to repurchase falsies mascara

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only thing false about this product is the advertisment. (I am wondering how many people have said this.. hah.) I had such high expectations for this, I've been all over the place with mascaras over the years and thought I had found the one! Sadly, I was mistaken.

PROS
-I did like the wand. It covered all my lashes and wasn't messy.
-It was very black, which I love.
-It is fairly cheap, $5-6.

CONS
-The formula is extremely wet. If you apply more that one layer it seems to take FOREVER to dry.
-Spider legs much?
-Ultra clumpy..
-Sticky..

Do not think that you will magically achieve the look of false lashes by applying this mascara. If you already have long lashes and just want to darken them, I would say go for it. But if your lashes are minimal like mine, don't waste your money. :[

on 7/29/2010 1:29:00 AM

This is a fairly new mascara, but judging by the amount of reviews its been given on here, it's clear that this product has been selling like crazy. So kudos to the people behind its advertisement!

However, it's a lie T_T
It's nothing like what it promised on the ad. It's not flaky, smudgy, or anything like that, but it really does not "reach corner to corner", achieving the "false lash" effect.

It's just a regular old mascara. It's pretty good for those who want to achieve the natural look ;]
But definitely no "false lash effect."

Disappointed, I must say.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been dying to try this mascara since it was advertised on the telly. I haven't found too many mascaras that I've been satisfied with but this is amazing. I read a lot of reviews and people didn't like it but I absolutely love this mascara. It does exactly what it says it's supposed to do. It makes my lashes unbelievably long. Not as much volume as I wish which is why I didn't give it 5 star rating but other than that it's perfect. Definitely the only mascara I will be using for a while!

on 7/28/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It was very clumpy at first but now it seems to work better. Gives very good length but not much volume (which it what I need). Definitely last a long time with no flaking. but I still think there are better mascaras out there for around the same price.

on 7/28/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Reminds me of Great Lash. In other words: FAIL!

on 7/28/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This formula did not work for me. it would not hold a curl and the brush is weird.it took forever to dry and if i curled it to early, my eyelash would clump together. luckily i got mine for $3 with a half off coupon. barely any money wasted

Video Reviews & Tutorials