Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only thing false about this product is the advertisment. (I am wondering how many people have said this.. hah.) I had such high expectations for this, I've been all over the place with mascaras over the years and thought I had found the one! Sadly, I was mistaken.

PROS
-I did like the wand. It covered all my lashes and wasn't messy.
-It was very black, which I love.
-It is fairly cheap, $5-6.

CONS
-The formula is extremely wet. If you apply more that one layer it seems to take FOREVER to dry.
-Spider legs much?
-Ultra clumpy..
-Sticky..

Do not think that you will magically achieve the look of false lashes by applying this mascara. If you already have long lashes and just want to darken them, I would say go for it. But if your lashes are minimal like mine, don't waste your money. :[

on 7/29/2010 1:29:00 AM

This is a fairly new mascara, but judging by the amount of reviews its been given on here, it's clear that this product has been selling like crazy. So kudos to the people behind its advertisement!

However, it's a lie T_T
It's nothing like what it promised on the ad. It's not flaky, smudgy, or anything like that, but it really does not "reach corner to corner", achieving the "false lash" effect.

It's just a regular old mascara. It's pretty good for those who want to achieve the natural look ;]
But definitely no "false lash effect."

Disappointed, I must say.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been dying to try this mascara since it was advertised on the telly. I haven't found too many mascaras that I've been satisfied with but this is amazing. I read a lot of reviews and people didn't like it but I absolutely love this mascara. It does exactly what it says it's supposed to do. It makes my lashes unbelievably long. Not as much volume as I wish which is why I didn't give it 5 star rating but other than that it's perfect. Definitely the only mascara I will be using for a while!

on 7/28/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It was very clumpy at first but now it seems to work better. Gives very good length but not much volume (which it what I need). Definitely last a long time with no flaking. but I still think there are better mascaras out there for around the same price.

on 7/28/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Reminds me of Great Lash. In other words: FAIL!

on 7/28/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This formula did not work for me. it would not hold a curl and the brush is weird.it took forever to dry and if i curled it to early, my eyelash would clump together. luckily i got mine for $3 with a half off coupon. barely any money wasted

on 7/28/2010 8:19:00 PM

A little bit lengthening, but my lashes stuck together and even with a lash comb it was hard to separate them. Later I noticed they had re-stuck themselves together! Now how in the heck did that happen!
Absolutely no volume whatsoever. The only good thing I can say is that this mascara did not smudge or flake, even after an hour sweatfest at Zumba class. I won't repurchase.

on 7/28/2010 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love it! Perfect. It does not give you the falsies look unless you really pile it on. However, I don't want to look like I have turantula eyes, so this is perfect. It does a great job and last all day.

Before the falsies came out to the US, I was already aware of it. I saw many reviews of it, and was eagerly waiting to be able to buy this. Seeing various commerecials and advertisements of this masacara to be just like wearing fale eyelashes are a lie. For me the first day I tried it it was nothing different from other mascaras. The next day I decided to apply a couple more coats, and that was when I could finally see a slight difference, It was a little Fake lashes like, but I wish it would be waterproof, and Falsies should have more volume to it. Other then that this masacara is just ok, not that great as it seemed.

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It doesn't flake on me until 12 hours later, that's a pretty long time. It lengthens my lashes and doesn't climp too much (all mascaras do after so many applications). This in combination with using castor oil on my lanes every night makes them really look fake!

Video Reviews & Tutorials