November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by miamisparkle

Yes this formula is a little wet but I love how it makes my lashes look! They don't look false but they are long thick and gorgeous. I even like it more than my HG lash blast!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clumps, groups lashes together, wet formula. The brush is curved and makes it tricky to apply evenly. It gives decent length however, and it holds a decent curl for a non-waterproof mascara. The Colossal w/p is more dramatic and is my favorite these days.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by beatcity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really loved colossal volum' express, so i thought this would be even better. not so. the 'spoon' brush does nothing but glob tons of product onto your eyelashes, until they are weighed down and clumpy. even with one coat, i ended up with spiky lashes, even after i combed them several times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the brush on this mascara, literally grabs every little eyelash with its mini bristles. I like the curve. However it clumps a bit so I wipe it before using which is wasting product but for the money this is a good mascara, Its 6.99 and I found a coupon in the sunday's paper. My most favorite mascara is Voluminous, and this is pretty close to it. There are alot of gimmicky mascaras that come out literally every few months, but If you are a die hard fan of Voluminous (like me), this is actually worth the try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this mascara twice, two weeks apart, and have zero issues with it! I liked the formula of Colossol, but had issues with the packaging and gave up on it. I like this brush better; I think it provides a lot of control. I got good volume and length with this, applied two coats with no clumping, and three wtih minimal. I would definitely repurchase for $5. Do I look like I'm wearing Falsies? Yeah, but I'm a redhead, and my natural lashes are literarlly translucent. YMMV if you're naturally blessed with long, thick, dark lashes. This is definitely not a natural look for me, and I'm happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lemz86

This is my new favourite mascara. It gives me definition and volume at the same time. I do have to take a little more time to get both effects. The spoon wand is interesting and I find it a lot easier to maneuver with. In comparison to Colossal (which I still really like), Falsies gives me way more volume. But I wouldn't go so far as to saying that my lashes look like I am wearing falsies. The formula seems thicker or it could be the brush making me think that.
I like to apply it as recommended but as I go towards the tip of my lashes, I rotate it to the FLAT end.
It holds the curl decently, no noticeable difference than Colossal.
I would love to try a waterproof formula for this product as waterproof mascaras always hold curl 100% for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is a quite good mascara, and better than Colossal Volum'Express. It doesn't have that weird rose smell, or and it also lengthens better and holds better curl. I got The Falsies in the Blackest Black, which is a deep, glossy black. The 'spoon' brush is a curved brush with bristles that help separate and lift the lashes. It's nice because I get less clumps than with regular brushes. I did take off a lippie because this doesn't give me a 'false lash' effect, as it claims, so it's a bit of a misnomer. I purchased this for around $6. The container is kind of ugly, but not that big of a deal for the pricepoint. Overall, I said I would repurchase, which I probably would unless something better comes along.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked Volum Express Collosal, so I figured I would give this a try. Its okay, add a lot of length, but does little for volume and looks nothing like false lashes. Despite the false claims I would still buy this again. It seems to wear well, and I really like the added length. Also this doesn't have the weird flowery smell of Collosal. IMO the spoon brush is a gimmick its just an old fashioned curved brush that has been around forever, they only difference being that you hold the curve up rather than down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm on the fence with this one. The Blackest Black is a great color and it doesn't flake but smudges a little. It does give me thicker lashes but the formula is kind of wet even after it dries so I feel the mascara on. I prefer drier formulas. I prefer Full and Soft formula but the look of Falsies.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by glittergirl25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

♥ I love this mascara. I didnt make my lashes look fake but this is one of the best mascaras I have tried and I have used a lot of mascaras. This mascara seperated all of my lashes and I love the curved brush. Some people were saying that the mascara weighs down the curl, I on the other hand didnt have a problem with that. My lashes looked amazing with this mascara. Two coats did the trick for this mascara. It also gave my lashes a lot of volume. Again, i am loving this mascara. ♥