August 1, 2014 | 1778 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by xspookykittyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara! I can't believe there are so many poor reviews of this. I bought it after seeing the display, I usually try any new drugstore mascara that's labeled "volumizing". I don't do lengthening mascaras since I wear glasses and very long eyelashes would just smudge up against my lenses.

I do consider this mascara HG for me, along with Rimmel's The Max Volume Flash (the one in the hot pink tube). They both perform really well and I'm not sure either one is better than the other.

As for the brush, I don't find it hard to use at all. I naturally have very long, but thin eyelashes and people have thought I had fake ones before. I think the mascara would still perform well without the special brush, however it seems to be the perfect size for my lashes. It helps fan out my eyelashes. The texture is kind of "mousse-y", nice and light, doesn't weight my lashes down at all and they were lengthened a bit too. I was applying the other day and got a bit much on, I thought it was going to clump but with another swipe the clump was gone...very nice and smooth application, this seems impossible to clump on me.

I will definitely buy this again, I'll probably rotate it with my other HG mascara. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by KTyellow

I was drawn in by the totally wonderful commercial with the woman with eyelashes MILES long. I have naturally endless lashes, and I always get compliments. Maybelline mascara is all I ever use only because it gives me the best results for a GREAT price.

As soon as I applied this mascara, it didn't really seperate. It clumped a few together, but it still elongated my lashes just right. I realized that I would never have mascara that looked like false eyelashes, and I was okay with that.

It also had a very light and pleasant smell, and it wasn't that yucky plastic-y smell.

I have nothing too terribly bad to say about this mascara except for the intense waxiness for a non-waterproof mascara. Some of us at the end of the day pick the mascara off, and it HURTS incredibly. But, that's a personal issue that doesn't take away from the glamourous lashes I got from this wand!

I would recommend this mascara to anyone, but I'd rather keep it my little secret. I want the beautiful lashes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this from hearing all the hype about it on the MU board. I figured, it's a Drugstore mascara, so it won't be very expensive and if I don't like it, I can dispose of it w/o guilt. Upon the first application I wasn't very impressed and tossed it back in my stash. Then I decided to give it a second chance and be a bit more patient in the application. That's when I realized that this is a good quality product. I gently lift my lid and wiggle the brush in and pull out and immediately see results. However, it's with the second coat that you really begin to see results, this lengthens them beautifully and fans out the lash and gives a nice lift to the lashes, also. When removing the product it doesn't ball up of come off in flakes, it just sort of gently disolves. I would probably purchase again, but a better, greater mascara will probably hit stores until then.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by bgsutphin

I just put this product on for the first time today and was surprised at how amazing my lashes looked. It seperated them well and made them look almost perfect :) Love this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by hautePJones

I feared that this would just be a redux of Collosal Volume, but this is different in a good way. This made my lashes look miles long while giving a bit of volume. I wouldn't say they looked like false lashes but it did give a dramatic effect. After 2 coats it did not clump and there was no flaking all day and even through a workout. I really like the brush design and it somehow grabs and lifts each lash. A solid drugstore buy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably the FIRST time that I haven't had a complaint about a mascara. Most of them clump, flake, dry out too quickly, are too expensive, not dark enough, don't add enough volume, don't add enough length... I could go on. But this mascara I love. I searched high and low for this for weeks when it started getting raves on MUA and couldn't find it anywhere. It magically appeared at Target a few weeks ago and apparently everyone knows about it because they always have one or two left on the shelves when I walk by. The thing I love most is that you can build it while wet, which saves me SO much time. I also don't NEED to use a lash comb with this, which is a miracle in itself. The formula is on the wet side, but not so wet that if you blink it gets all over the place. The brush design is fabulous. It somehow gets all my lashes and fans them up and out. It doesn't clump at all. My biggest complaint with mascaras is that most of them end up flaking on me, which I HATE! This one never has. It doesn't smear by the end of the day, even though it's washable and I have oily skin. I honestly have nothing bad to say. I think it's funny people complain about the color of the tube and list that as a negative. Who the hell pulls out mascara in public and does a touch up? It'd be one thing if you paid a fortune for this, as fabulous packaging would be expected. But seriously ladies, I think I paid $6 for this. Let's be realistic here. I'd rather they spend money on the formula than the packaging, and hey, it's easy to find in a makeup bag. I highly recommend this mascara, and I've used them all, from YSL and Dior to Lashblast. I still own my mascara base from Shiseido, which I LOVE, but I don't even need to use it with this (and don't!) LOVE!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would buy again if they come out with a waterproof version, which I usually tend to like with Maybelline's mascaras. First- there is waaay too much product on the brush! I find it easier to work with if I wipe the wand with a tissue first. Also after awhile when it starts to dry out a bit, I'm sure it will become better.
I do like the brush, it works well to get to the base of your lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Don't do it. I know it is tempting - mascara's - good ones are so hard to find. But - the hype is just that! Bought it with a free coupon at CVS and ONE USE was all I needed
to know this mascara was a mess. Slick, messy and horrid I just threw it away. Stay with Lash Blast or Lancome. Dismal the lack of really good mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Deana7269

Horrid....thin spider eyelashes is what I got. This is the fifth drug store mascara that does not deliver. I have to say you get what you pay for. I will spend the money on Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill..... well worth it. Best mascara yet drug store or high end.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Starae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My opinion has changed quite a bit since I first wrote a review on this.
I like this mascara, but it does get clumpy for me now...

It gives me a lot of length and some nice lift. It doesn't give much of any volume. As for the clumpyness, it isn't entirely a spider-lash thing going on, but getting kinda close. I am able to brush it out mostly though.

After experimenting with it, I find that wiping off the brush really helps.
It stops the clumping and gives more volume.

Overall I think it's a pretty decent mascara. Not sure if I'd buy it again though