April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by finz2left

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation. Porcelain was a perfect match for my skin. The pump is great and allowed me to easily choose my amount for light coverage or heavy coverage. Used with a foundation brush and achieved a beautiful finish. YEAH.

But alas, with both my typical powder (LM) and the MUFE HD, I got horrid breakouts on my jawline each time I used it. I waited 2 weeks between each attempt. 3 times and it's going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by malibublondie97

Wow all of these negative reviews scare me...i hope it doesnt start to break me out! Well so far I really like it, I have been using it for a week now. The coverage is excellent, a little goes a long way! I have been using Bare Minerals for years, but needed something with more coverage. This foundation stays matte all day too (well depending on what kind of moisturizer you are wearing- I would only moisturize the dry spots on your face, not all over) I apply this with a flat-top brush from everyday minerals...i love that thing! I dont think its breaking me out, I have been using Ponds Cold Cream to remove it, just to make sure I am getting it all off. Overall, I am impressed! Definitely give it a try if you have oily/not-so-perfect skin. (TONS of shades to choose from, as well!)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa2482

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a huge fan of MUFE and currently use F&B foundation for awhile now with no problems. I was so excited to try this foundation but it was too heavy, left me very cakey and seemed to have broken me out on my chin. I used it for about 4 days and noticed it was making me looking very weird and dull as well as giving me a few pimples. I have stopped all use and returned it back to Sephora. Guess I will stick to my HG F&B..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by k3honey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I didn't like the product at all. It came on very cakey and blotchy in some areas. I used a 187 and a foundation brush and even tried using my hands. It just didnt work on my face, or with the mixture of moisturizer that I had on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by hlilley7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after seeing some amazing pictures of before and afters with people wearing it-it doesn't seem to work for me. I put it on with a MAC 187 brush, and soon the pigment starts separating out (is cakey the word I need?) and it looks blotchy, uneven and fake. I wasn't using the primer, so maybe my weird skin is to blame. I don't know. I may try their face& body foundation instead, I know MUFE is a really good line.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

EDIT: this really has no staying power whatsoever. That make it just plain usless, yes its natural, yes there are lot of shades to choose from but if it's gonna dissapear on you after couple of hours, whats the point of a foundation. and the price? not worth it. I just found my very first DS foundation thanks to this site, I cant beleive i'm saying this but the $9 Rimmel Lasting finish foundation beats this $45 HD stuff. very comparable to the lovely Matt Velvet by MUFE, if not better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use MUFE face and body #20, and when I went to Sephora to buy another bottle, I spotted the HD fdtn. and thought I'd give it a try. I am a MAC NW 15 and bought the lightest color, #110. The formula is extremely THICK and hard to spread. I can *not* use my MAC foundation brush b/c the formula is too thick. It does have beautiful coverage, but is very DRY on the skin, and has a tendency to ball up when applying. ICK. I will return this and go back to my regular Face and Body foundation, which I love love love, and gives me a dewy complexion with medium coverage that I love. UPDATE: 1/09: I apply this now with MAC's oval sponge for liquid and creme foundation, and this is the secret to making the foundation gloriously flawless with full coverage. Make sure to blend well with the foundation sponge, esp on your dry areas like around the eyes. I even swipe the sponge on my eyelids and it works great as an eyeshadow primer (no need for Urban Decay Primer Potion). Now I adore this foundation, it's staying power is terrific as well as, it's flawless coverage. I still only rate this 4 stars (maybe 4 and 1/2) b/c it is drying on the dry parts of my face (upper cheeks). I just make sure to use a tweeny amount on that dry area, and buff it really well with the sponge applicator. No other foundation can compare to MUFE HD, it's worth every penny of the $40.00 US dollars, and I love the pump bottle. UPDATE: 2/09: I am thrilled to say that Revlon Colorstay is an exact duplicate of this foundation and only cost $12.00 USD (please see my review for more info).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kuby007

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and so far I like it! I developed horrible little bumps on my forehead and jawline from Bare Escentuals so I switched to this and it seems to be better suited for my skin since the bumps are going away. I like that it doesn't make me look made up but still provides good coverage and doesn't make your face look slimey even after hours of wear. Some people use a kabuki brush to apply but it uses up so much product. One pump is enough for me as long as i spread it out and make sure that I'm well moisturized underneath, and I have really uneven skin with red post-acne marks. I just wish they had a shade in between 110 and 115 since I wear 115 and it seems just a tad too dark for me but 110 is too light. But I shouldn't complain since they do have a wide selection of shades. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by gooddisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I forgot to write a review for this... This is the first product I'd dare to declare a HG staple.

This is a lovely foundation, plain and simple. Great coverage, moisturizing, excellent lasting power, looks and feels like nothing on the skin. I paid full price for this because I couldn't wait for Sephora F&F, and I don't regret the $40 price one bit.

Most other reviews agree that this is moisturizing--and most of those that aren't liking this have oily skin--but I've seen a few that say it isn't moisturizing because it's oil-free. Yes, it's oil-free, but that doesn't mean that it's *not* moisturizing. I'm young but have sensitive, dry skin. For the most part it's pretty smooth without any especially dry/rough patches, except maybe in the winter. This foundation looks just like perfect bare skin. I can definitely notice the moisturizing effects throughout the day. My skin feels comfortable, hydrated and soft all day when I wear this. Initially it has a satin finish. After a few hours (5, maybe?) it starts to look slightly dewy on me--something that doesn't usually happen because my skin is so dry--but never oily. I've worn this for 12 hours at a time, and my face looks and feels clean and fresh all day. Just don't expect a miracle if you do have dry patches--those will always look a little dry/flakey with foundation on top no matter what foundation you use.

I've been using this several weeks, and I'm happy to report that it hasn't irritated my skin one bit. No breakouts, no clogged pores, no extra redness or sensitivity... This does contain fragrance, but I honestly didn't notice it, and even that hasn't caused any problems for me.

I apply this with my 187 brush. The coverage is pretty good, IMO. I mainly use foundation because I have a lot of redness due to my sensitive skin. This covers it up very well. I don't know how this would fare in covering scars or acne marks, but I think it's buildable. I use two tiny pumps because I don't need a lot of coverage... I just push until I get a drop of foundation to come out. I do that twice, so it's maybe a third to half of a full pump for my entire face. I set it with Coastal Scents Silica Powder Spheres, a MUFE HD powder dupe that costs about 1/20 (yes, 95% less!) of MUFE's price.

This wears amazingly throughout the day and doesn't budge. Surprisingly, it's pretty easy to wash off, and I don't need to use an oil-based cleanser or makeup remover to take it off. This also washes out of my brush easily without staining. (I use Dove liquid soap to clean it, and the tips of my 187 are still white.)

I'm Eurasian and have fair-light skin with strong yellow undertones, and I wear shade 117 (Marble). It's an excellent match for me. To me, it doesn't look particularly yellow in the bottle, but once it's on my skin, it doesn't look off like a lot foundation does. No pink/orange cast, and it doesn't change colors on me as the day goes on. (If you need help figuring out your shade and know your shade in a different MUFE foundation, the MUFE HD shade finder on Sephora's site lists "foundation alternatives" for all but two of the HD shades. Just estimate what shades you think you'd be, click them and see if your other foundation shade is an equivalent to the HD one you picked!)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by klprice1

i like how this stuff looks but i get shiny REALLY quick with this stuff. it has great coverage, and it lasts, but i notice that within an hour i look oily. i prefer lancome's teint idole foundation.