Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/10/2009 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I use the MAC 180 brush to apply this. It works best with an exfoliated face and a primer of some sort. The coverage is medium when applied with the 180 which is exactly the coverage I'm looking for. I finish off with mac pressed powder in nc 30 and blot powder. For reference I'm nc-30 and I use # 123. MUFE really has some weird numbering system when it comes to their foundations, but the product is worth the confusion! The only thing is that after a while (3hrs), I do need to retouch with blot powder because my skin is so oily. I have seen alot of reviews by oily girls who say to avoid using this product. However, it has been my experience that all foundations end up melting and or oxidizing off my face anyways! That's just the way it has always been for me. I highly recommend trying this foundation. It's awesome. Also check out the youtube video of Kim Kardashian's makeup tutorial with her makeup artist! It's great!

on 4/9/2009 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

just bought this today and i looooooooove it! my skin looks so pretty and natural!! you have to use the hd white powder over it though to make it gorgeous

on 4/8/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i generally hate foundation...its something i avoid and wear once every 4-5 months to some special event. The reason i hate it is because 1) it makes my skin oilier 2) it never blends right and doesnt look natural on me 3) it can break me out a little 4) somehow makes my skin look worse

I got this b/c i had to go to a bunch of weddings and i needed to fix the above problems. This was GREAT. i recommend it to everyone. it made my skin flawless, natural and dewy without being oily. it didnt make my flaws stand out more like other products do (mac, estee lauder, etc). i did get that soft focus look, especially when using the HD powder ontop. lasted all night. i recommend this for olive skin tones, especially south asians who find it hard to find the right stuff in other brands.

on 4/7/2009 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this is my favorite liquid foundation that i have tried to date. it covers well, but doesn't ever look cake-y, and yet somehow it manages to feel very light almost powder-y to the touch, yet it doesn't look powder-y on, its more of a natural/satin finish.. it goes on so smoothly and evenly, it takes hardly any effort to blend it well, and a little bit goes a looong way.. the only bad things i have to say about it is that i wish it came in a larger variety of colors, especially for people with yellow undertones & a light complexion. also, it is quite pricey.. i'm not sure if i can afford to purchase it on a regular basis.. but its so amazing, i don't know how i can live without it.

on 4/6/2009 10:44:00 PM

Do not get this if you have any kind of oily skin. I like medium coverage and I don't think it did it's job.

on 4/3/2009 5:32:00 AM

I was very excited about this product when I first received it and thought it would be my forever HG foundation but I was wrong. I have acne-prone skin and a lot of acne scars and I feel that the only thing this foundation helped me get rid of is my noticably large pores. It provides very minimal coverage and did not cover my scars or blemishes at all. If you have naturally nice skin and is someone who just needs a foundation to even out your skin tones then this foundation is perfect for you. However, if you are acne proned like I am and have blemishes then this foundation should be avoided, especially for such it's price. I am not even done with half of the bottle but I am looking for a new foundation because I am so disappointed with how it came out on my skin. What a waste of 40 dollars.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got this stuff awhile ago which is when I stopped using it. I thought that the coverage was not that great. It also dries very fast when applied so you have to be very quik when blending or you will end up with streaks. For such a pricey product I don't think its worth it. Might be good mixed with moisturizer but then that would take away from the coverage. No go for me!

on 4/1/2009 4:04:00 PM

AWESOME foundation!! Definitely my HG. Great coverage, and surprisingly natural looking! Photographs beautifully! The packaging is also a god send, the plastic container is basically unbreakable which should save me a fortune in broken glass foundation bottles!

on 3/31/2009 1:58:00 AM

I was reluctant to buy this product at first because I had read a lot of reviews saying it was terrible for oily skin. So I opted for Laura Mercier's oil-free foundation and ended up absolutely hating it. Thus, I was forced to reconsider MUFE HD foundation and I'm glad that I did.

The coverage is really unlike anything I've ever seen before. The foundation goes on beautifully and it covers like a dream. One layer and I can skip the concealer.

It also photographs beautifully. This has always been a problem for me because all of my foundations have SPF. This one does not, therefore I try and stick with using it at night. Also, the finish is better for nighttime. I feel like during the day, the coverage is almost too much and I like looking more natural during the day.

The only thing that has been irking me is that the foundation is not great for oily skin but unlike other foundations, oil-fighting primer and setting powder don't seem to do anything. As a result, the color gets a little darker after a few hours. Not orange or anything but darker. That's the only problem I've had with it so far.

It is pricey but it's well worth it.

on 3/30/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I read so many good reviews about this foundation I went to my local Sephora store and purchased it. I just switched over from mineral makeup...I went from using BM to EDM to PurMinerals...I was itching to go back to liquid but was having a hard time because everything that I purchased broke me out or it just wasn't for me. I have been using this foundation for about 2 weeks and I have to say that I really like it. I haven't worn liquid foundation for years because of the MMU that I forgot what it's suppose to look like or feel like. I apply it with my Mac 187 brush and it goes on perfect. I pump some on the back of my hand, dip my brush and dot my face and it covers well. It doesn't look cakey or anything like that. For reference I am a 128, in BM I was medium tan. It lasts the entire day....even through my afternoon nap. Actually, when I wake up from my nap I swear it looks better...it looks dewey. I have combo skin, which tends to get oily in the nose, cheeks, and chin. All I have to do is simply grab some tissue paper and blot if I need it...we will see how this works in the HOT summer days...but other than this I think it is a good quality foundation and I will consider buying it again....