September 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by simpleecharmed

I truly thought this was my HG foundation but sadly it wasn't. I wear 123 and it is a good match for me. The coverage is medium and it is buildable. Initially, I purchased the foundation, the primer (blue), and the powder. After a few weeks I returned the primer and the powder. I did not like the primer at all. The primer did not help provide a smooth application for the foundation and it would ball up around my nose. In addition, I did not like the powder as well. It made me look pale plus it was too messy for me. Although, this foundation provides a nice coverage it rubs off too easily, clog pores, and cause breakouts. I will not repurchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I do like this foundation and for now it is my HG (till I find something better).It covers and matches my skin perfectly, but it does turn greasy after awhile(nothing blotting papers can't fix).I will use this till I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by fashionela

I had such high hopes for this foundation, but sadly I was let down. :( I have combination skin, it's not excessively oily, although it can get dry every once and awhile and I have occasional breakouts. (btw, I have been using MaMa lotion for the breakouts and it is truly one of the greatest products for evening your skin tone!).

Anyways, when I purchased this foundation I did have a breakout going on. I heard that this "high def" makeup helps conceal things like that in photos, but I wore this foundation to a party and in the photos my breakout stood out even more than they normally do with other foundations! Also, this makeup looked so oily on me after it was on for an hour or two, and it also rubbed off so easily!
I am sticking with my Bare Naturale, it conceals so much nicer, doesn't rub off and never ever looks oily. Now I am stuck with this bottle of MUF that I don't use...I may try it one more time, though.

One thing I should point out is that I didn't use the primer or powder. I am sure with the help of these two products the oiliness wouldn't be as bad, but to me that is all too much work when there are other foundations that don't cause oiliness and you don't need to layer three products just to look decent...

I also rated the packaging a 3 simply because of the pump applicator. You have to be careful when pumping out the product or too much will come out and you're left with extra that you're not even using.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by LolaPS

Incredibly disappointing product. Provides an unnatural looking finish. Although it feels lightweight and makes your skin feel smooth, it looks like you've got a powdery mask on. It doesn't provide enough coverage. I agree with some of you; it certainly exaggerates any dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have cool-toned fair skin with some redness like I do, you know that finding a good match for foundation can be very tricky. MUFE HD has a very extensive selection of shades and for my NW20 skin, the 115 was a perfect match. At first, I was very happy with the consistency and medium coverage that this foundation provided, especially in photos where my skin looked smooth and airbrushed. The packaging is very sleek, hygienic and the pump dispenses just the right amount. However, I do have a few criticisms. The first 3-4 weeks of wearing this foundation were spectacular, no complaints whatsoever, then, after about a month, I noticed some dryness in my skin and the foundation wasn’t as flawless a few hours after application as it looked 15 minutes after application. Halfway through the day in some places the foundation had pooled a bit in my pores and in other spots, had mostly melted off. I dabbed a little moisturizer on my face and the problem was quickly solved, but it left me unsatisfied. I’ve realized that your skin has to be super exfoliated and moisturized, especially in the cooler months of the year, to get that perfect even application. Maybe my skin is too dry in the winter for this product, or I need a heavier day cream – but for now I can only give this foundation 3 lippies. I’ll update this review in another month or so

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

Overall, this is a great foundation... it gives medium coverage without feeling heavy on my skin, and though I love the semi-matte finish (no need to top off my look with loose powder), its a bit too drying for my skin right now in the winter. I think it would be perfect for the oilier summer months though. I am NC 30-35 and I found shade 120 a bit too light, and 123 is much more yellow and a bit darker. I ended up getting the 123. The foundation has average wear on my face (~4 hours) before touching up is required.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by persianprincess00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the past I've used Make Up Forever's Face and Body Foundation, which has worked wonders for me. My skin is very dry, and it really keeps it moisturized all day long. Its also very light, so it doesn't feel like I have a mask on.
After hearing so many great reviews on this new HD foundation, I decided to give it a try. When I first put it on, it seemed very heavy on my skin. AND, you have to do a lot of blending...otherwise it totally looks like your wearing a lot makeup. It DID however, have a nice, semi-matte finish. But after using this makeup for a few days, I noticed my skin was getting really dry.
(To the point where it started to peel) After that I had to start using tons and tons of moisturizer before putting it on. I won't be buying this product again...its just not that great. I'll be going back to my old make up forever face and body foundation. Its sooooo much better! (and cheaper)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by burlyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am an african american. i used ginger liquid foundation from perscriptives and nc 45 is too light and ashy on my skin tone and Nw45 is too dark. I hope this helps gives a description of my color. So I tried this after hearing the good reviews. Honestly I love the finish it gives, i have never tried a foundation (i've had mac, perscriptives custom blend, and bobbi brown, queen collection by cover girl) with such a wonderful finish. My skin has tons of dark acne scars, large pores, black heads, is oily in the t zone, and gets pimples. However this finish makes even my skin look nice. Also this is perfect in natural lighting for photos. Now for my coco sisters, I will warn you that this product is difficult to match, and does look a little ashy at first, I was between 170 and 173, I tried this on instore and 170 is literally orange (atleast on my skin). YOu do not need a lot of this product half a pump covers your whole face, but you have to blend fast! i suggest a 187 mac brush or if you dont want to spend $ your fingers work just fine. I took pictures of my face, with the flash on, in a dark room and my bathroom with the lights on and this foundation will show up ghostly white on your face, in dark lighting, however in natural light tis beautiful. So women of color out there I suggest you buy this only if you can find a good color match, and then use a slighty darker foundation you may already own and mix them together, one squirt of each on the back of your hand then apply. I did this and its perfect, warms my skin, stops the ashiness but i still keep the awesome finish this leaves. For the price, i think this is worth it, I have not ran into a foundation like this before and think its awesome, however like I said if you are darker than jennifer lopez, you will need to warm up your completion, with a squirt of a darker foundation. I forgot to mention, that when I wear this I don't feel cakey or masky, it does initially give the matte look but after 30min and your face settles you'll look fresh faced/ dewy, but not greasy (keep in mind i have combo skin to begin with).I recommend using a primer with this if you are concerned after shine, but remember no foundation is going to magically not need a touch up after 1 hour ( if you find one let me know). In all I suggest this product even though you have to doctor it a bit, at least I think women of color need to. I hope this helps. Remember to also invest in good skin care products, it doesn't make sense to put good foundation over bad skin, trust me it only makes it worse

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by crimsoncurlzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation, especially after the hype about it. I was on the search for a great foundation that would blend with my very pale skintone.

COLOR MATCH: After much debating, i settled on Shade 115. I am slightly paler than NC15 which is a bit yellow for me as well. Shade 115 actually matched my skin almost perfectly which doesn't really happen often for me :)

APPLICATION: I really dislike the pump on this bottle. It easily dispenses too much product if you're not careful which is annoying when i just needed a dab to apply in a spot for heavier coverage.

COVERAGE & WEAR: I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks/chin and have a very uneven skintone. It evened my skintone some but did not cover the acne scars i have. they were still very obvious and one of the biggest reasons i wear foundation or mmu is to cover those scars. I have combination normal/oily skin and while it does wear fairly well, it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's the lack of coverage for the scarring i have but by the end of the day, i'm very unhappy with how my m/u looks.

*****as a side note, i tried a sample of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation and settled on the Ecru shade. Awesome coverage and great wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I REALLY wanted to like this product. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and a couple of dark marks from past acne. (I know, I sound beautiful) I had been recovering from a bout of acne, the winter was drying my skin, wanted to try new liquid foundation (been using mineral for the warmer months), and the Sephora rep recommended this for a "natural, light look". She was amazing and color-matched me within seconds (this is difficult since I'm a cultural mutt). I used it for about 2 weeks, and started breaking out ALL OVER AGAIN, in places that normally I would not break out. I only changed my foundation in my routine, so its back to mineral make up for me. Too bad because the color was perfect, but it is not worth the toll on my skin.

PROS: great, hygienic bottle pump, excellent color variety, light and not obvious on your skin

CONS: may possibly cause breakouts

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No