August 1, 2014 | 966 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did absolutely NOTHING for my skin...unless you count vibrating it and somehow irritating it even more. It did not even completely remove the oil and dirt off my face....such a disappoint from Neutrogena.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This just seems to me another gimmick the skin companies put out to make money and seem hip.I used this for at least a month to make sure it was a dud.it kind of made my face feel clean but a freaking washcloth does the same thing.I don't know..I'm def not a dermatologist and maybe the vibrating helps get rid of blackheads..it did not get rid of mine though..all ladies have different skin so try it if it seems appealing..it was appealing to me on the shelf but it didn't live up to it's standards..after I was done I gave it to my friend..I have dry skin with a few blackheads and she has oily acne prone skin..she threw it away after about 2or 3 weeks so it didn't work for her either.I usually love neutrogena products but this just didn't work..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ashk36

BAAAHHH!!! I wish I could type a big long fart noise but I wouldn't know where to start. I really really liked the wave at first! I found that you can get it to foam up really well if you start at your chin, work it around for a minute, and let it get sudsy. The first few weeks I used this, my skin felt really clean and smooth. Then, shortly after, I started noticing blackheads where I don't ever get them. New ones on my chin, forehead, and a couple big ones on my nose. What the poop? I thought this was to remove dirt and all that nastiness, but instead it gave me a bunch of new blackheads! Laaaaame.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by d0rkiamyxd

When I first bought this product, I was really excited to use it since the tv ads looked so convincing! But when I first used it, I noticed that the foams didn't even show up, as it did on the tv. But that part's still okay. I didn't want to give up on this product, and I really tried to like this product, so I continued using it for like 4 or 5 months (had to get new pads every month). But the condition of my face didn't really change and breakouts still happened (as often as before). There were times when I ran out of pads and didn't have time to buy new ones, so I just used my regular cleansers....and my skin was STILL the same. Didn't worsen out or anything. So, I don't get the point of spending your money on this product. Def won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by babyvamp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was nice. It didn't lather unless I wet the pad and then scratched it so bubbles showed. Sometimes it made my face feel super clean, sometimes like normal cleansers. I heard this could tear up my face, which is why it says on the back use once a day only, but I don't believe it.

This was non-irritating for my sensitive/oily/acne-prone skin. Did probably stop a few pimples from forming, but when I had a real breakout coming it still came. This made me feel clean, look clean, and I had the option of pairing it with another cleanser for the time I don't use this, which is nice.

Kinda expensive, and I hate running out of pads constantly, so I took 1 lippie off.

I have some pads stocked away for use under my sink though! ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by naivewanderer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought the Wave, it worked WONDERFULLY on my skin; my face always felt really fresh and deeply clean after using it. However, after a few weeks the power-cleanser just... stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries several times, and even wrote to Neutrogena. They informed me that they would be sending me a new Wave in the mail, but it's been several months now and no compensation in my mailbox. Unfortunately, as well as it worked for me when I first bought it, I'm not all that willing to go out and pay for an entirely new package again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by prcdnvl28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

You don't get much vibration from the device; the pads that come with the Wave aren't very saturated, don't foam well and my skin did not feel clean after using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by brunettebarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This made my skin even more oily (if that's possible), and barely foamed up. Very disgusted with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MrsGlamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this and Clean and Clear blackhead eraser (the vibrating one)
this one, I do not lik at all. It's good for travel to throw in your bag with a new cleansing pad. That's about it. I like my Clean and Clear a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by ohmykaun

I bought this product while traveling, and let me just say that it is the BEST travel buddy EVER!

First off--it works great! Just remember to put the pad on the WAVE with the crystals facing upward! After using it, my face always feels soft and smooth. It really gets deep down in my pores without tearing my skin. It does leave my face slightly dry, which is nothing a good moisturizer can't cure.

Second--there is NO liquid involved! If you've been through TSA recently, you'll know that you can't bring more than 3 oz. of any liquid product through security check points. Most of the facial cleansers I use that work wonders come in bottles that are more than 3 oz. Also, any liquid in my bags really irk me because I constantly think they might open and go all over everything else in my bag. This? It's the best travel companion ever! You can bring it through TSA without fearing that it will be confiscated. Even if you don't travel, it's something that you can easily thrown in your purse for future use. I don't know about you, but I can NEVER stay overnight anywhere without having face wash. I always feel dirty at the end of the night if my face never gets cleaned. I'll pop this out if I unexpectedly stay at a friend's or I'll use it after leaving a bar filled with smoke. It's GREAT!