November 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by DollxFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

God , i saw this on Tv and i absolutely loved it , had to get it. So i went out to the supermarket & they were doing a promotion that you could try . I tried it on my hand & it smelt nice and smooth , so i thought , ok i would buy it .

When i got home ; i didnt know if i had to wash it off or not ? In the advertisement , she washes it off .But in all the instructions , i did not see one bit where they mentioned it .
I mean , they could at least mention that .

I used it for one day . It was smooth for like 4 hours .
Then it dried out my skin completely , i had to spend 2 weeks trying to repair the damage it had done to my skin . It was horrible , i had to moisturize it everyday , day and night for it to go back .I only used it once . Doesnt clean , dont remove makeup .

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS .
It`s now currently sitting at the side of my desk collecting dusk . I mean , it might work for others ; but i highly doubt it . It ruined my skin . It smells nice , looks pretty in the box . But ruins your skin .

I would rather go out and buy a real cleaner for less even if it`s not pretty and pink on the outside !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by missprisspink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me, at first it did for about 2 weeks then it stopped working.

As advertised it said the FOAM helps clean your pores, yahh right! There is no foam whatsoever!

It does kinda make your skin soft for a week.But something that I can do to make myself soft is just put on a bit of moisturizer and rub some baby podwer between my hands then pat it and rub it onto my face!

Now I use the Clean & Clear Oil Free Acne Cleanser(purple bottle/foam) and it has betahydroxy acid to help breakouts.
Then after I wash it offf with hot water I take goat milk soap(sounds horrible but works for me) then leave it on for about 20 seconds,rub it in then wash it off,and VIOLA! My breakouts are finally going away! And my skin is looking better. :)

If you have good skin already and are just looking for something to just clean your face and take off your makeup then this would be great for you.

Plus you have to spend $10 every month and it does eventually add up to about $120, and if you use it twice a day it would be around $240.

It does however take off your makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by hannah_seeber

when i bought this i was REALLY excited i thought this would clear up the few spots still not clearing from my routine. not wanting to mess up my skin i just added this in at night and used my scrub (lush ocean salt amazing!) in the morning. when i first used it i was really inpressed my skin had never felt so smooth! it was a bit red but i thought iwas in love. a few days later my little pimply spots were clearing and i was so happy. only to be gutted when these were replaced with horrible big under the skin spots. but they came gradually, after about a week and i tried to convince myself that it wasnt that. then after nearly 2 weeks i decided to stop using it for a bit. now 2 weeks later my skin is clearer than its been in a bout 2 years.
overall i liked the idea and i think the wave could actually work if the pads had a different cleanser on them! i loved the deep cleaning feeling but it just wasnt worth it.
for reference i spent £10 on this in boots then £5 on refills, which i didnt even use!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Kay, I bought this two weeks ago. The cleanser on the pad felt nice the first time, probably because it was a new products, it felt menthol-y and smelled pretty nice.

But it doesn't clean.

I'm out of pads and won't purchase more.

HOWEVER, I do use plain cotton rounds and use the vibe action when I'm using other facial scrubs and cleansers. So the actual device is coming in handy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did absolutely NOTHING for my skin...unless you count vibrating it and somehow irritating it even more. It did not even completely remove the oil and dirt off my face....such a disappoint from Neutrogena.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This just seems to me another gimmick the skin companies put out to make money and seem hip.I used this for at least a month to make sure it was a dud.it kind of made my face feel clean but a freaking washcloth does the same thing.I don't know..I'm def not a dermatologist and maybe the vibrating helps get rid of blackheads..it did not get rid of mine though..all ladies have different skin so try it if it seems appealing..it was appealing to me on the shelf but it didn't live up to it's standards..after I was done I gave it to my friend..I have dry skin with a few blackheads and she has oily acne prone skin..she threw it away after about 2or 3 weeks so it didn't work for her either.I usually love neutrogena products but this just didn't work..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ashk36

BAAAHHH!!! I wish I could type a big long fart noise but I wouldn't know where to start. I really really liked the wave at first! I found that you can get it to foam up really well if you start at your chin, work it around for a minute, and let it get sudsy. The first few weeks I used this, my skin felt really clean and smooth. Then, shortly after, I started noticing blackheads where I don't ever get them. New ones on my chin, forehead, and a couple big ones on my nose. What the poop? I thought this was to remove dirt and all that nastiness, but instead it gave me a bunch of new blackheads! Laaaaame.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by d0rkiamyxd

When I first bought this product, I was really excited to use it since the tv ads looked so convincing! But when I first used it, I noticed that the foams didn't even show up, as it did on the tv. But that part's still okay. I didn't want to give up on this product, and I really tried to like this product, so I continued using it for like 4 or 5 months (had to get new pads every month). But the condition of my face didn't really change and breakouts still happened (as often as before). There were times when I ran out of pads and didn't have time to buy new ones, so I just used my regular cleansers....and my skin was STILL the same. Didn't worsen out or anything. So, I don't get the point of spending your money on this product. Def won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by babyvamp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was nice. It didn't lather unless I wet the pad and then scratched it so bubbles showed. Sometimes it made my face feel super clean, sometimes like normal cleansers. I heard this could tear up my face, which is why it says on the back use once a day only, but I don't believe it.

This was non-irritating for my sensitive/oily/acne-prone skin. Did probably stop a few pimples from forming, but when I had a real breakout coming it still came. This made me feel clean, look clean, and I had the option of pairing it with another cleanser for the time I don't use this, which is nice.

Kinda expensive, and I hate running out of pads constantly, so I took 1 lippie off.

I have some pads stocked away for use under my sink though! ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by naivewanderer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought the Wave, it worked WONDERFULLY on my skin; my face always felt really fresh and deeply clean after using it. However, after a few weeks the power-cleanser just... stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries several times, and even wrote to Neutrogena. They informed me that they would be sending me a new Wave in the mail, but it's been several months now and no compensation in my mailbox. Unfortunately, as well as it worked for me when I first bought it, I'm not all that willing to go out and pay for an entirely new package again.