BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/3/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like many things about this product. It's a liquid so you can put it exactly where you want it. Its a cool toned shimmer, for those of us with pinkish undertones or pale complexions. And best of all, it does what its supposed to. I've been using it for a few weeks and never really thought it made much difference to my appearance, but then I caught a glance of myself in a mirror and saw a perfectly highlighted cheekbone. Nothing over the top, nothing obvious. I must say I was impressed. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again because despite what I've just said, I still prefer a powder highlighter. I think this is good for small areas of the face, for everyday wear, but if I want to hightlight a larger area, I'd use a powder.

on 12/28/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really, really want to like this product, but it just doesn't work for me. When I put it on over my foundation, it takes the foundation off and I can see right where I put it on my face. There are splotches from it removing the foundation. I've tried rubbing it in with my foundation, but there still isn't enough of a difference to really justify using it. I love, love, love Benefit, but this is not a fave of mine.

on 12/26/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this highlighter. This and moon beam. I put it on my jawbone and rub with my finger. I only give it 4/5 because sometimes it does move my makeup ;(

High Beam is my all- time favourite highlighter. it is HG product to me. i absolutely love it to apply on the highest point of my cheekbones over by blush, on the inner corners of my eyes, on my collar bones, its fabulous!
the product itself is a shimmery pearlescent pale pink colour, which blends out beautifully to give a lovely sheen on the skin.
my only gripe would be about the packaging, i like the glass bottle, but i am very careful when handleing is as i am afraid it will smash if i drop it. also the brush deposits too much product if applied directly to the skin, so you must wipe the brush on the back of your hand fist and then dab it on with your fingers.
it is lovely to use mixed in with foundation or tinted moisturiser, to give the face an overll glow.
i like the fact that it can be used on most skintones, and on every skin type (oily or dry).
i definately recommend this product!

on 12/23/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love High Beam and use it almost everyday. I usually use it under foundation in the daytime, and over foundation at night. I tend to use it sparingly though as I have oily skin, but with the right amount, it looks natural and gives me a glow. I try to blend with my skin/foundation very well to avoid looking greasy.

on 12/19/2012 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely adore this highlighter! It is SO beautiful and it's flattering on every skin tone. From the fairest of shades to the darkest of shades! All you need to do is blend it out properly to achieve a beautiful ethereal sort of glow to the skin. The one thing I would suggest is using the applicator on a sterilized mixing palette because it can be unsanitary if you swatch it on your hands and share it with others. That aside, a little bit of this goes a long way!

on 12/19/2012 12:29:00 PM

I love this product, but I think it's easy to go wrong with it. You must blend it well or it will look obvious/frosty and streaky or blotchy. I put it on over my primer and then blend the foundation over it with a stippling brush in a side-to-side motion to make sure it's well-blended. Used conservatively, this adds a dewy, healthy glow. Use too much and you may look like a little girl playing with mom's makeup or a Las Vegas showgirl. Start with the smallest amount you think you'll need and build from there, as it's impossible to remove it without starting over and you can only blend it into the rest of your features if you use too much, which defeats the purpose of targeted highlighting.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this and YSL touché éclat for comparison, as I'd like to try YSL but it's so expensive. I took one lippy off because the glow isn't as natural as I'd like and its icy pink hue is made for cool complexions, not warm ones.

on 12/18/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE High Beam! I first discovered it while I was working for Sephora, and I love recommending this to my clients. This product works best on light to medium skin and suits those with pink or neutral undertones or cool skintones. I have light skin and warm undertones and am able to pull it of, however in my opinion it looks more natural and blends into the skintone with those who have cool skintones. This stuff makes you look like your skin is glowing, its absolutely gorgeous. if youre looking for Dewy skin, BUY this product!

on 12/16/2012 5:38:00 AM

This is by far my favorite highlighter I have used (I also have other highlighters by Benefit, MAC and NARS). I mix this with my foundation every day to achieve an all over glowing look, and then add a few dots on my cheek bones to highlight. This product gives a natural look on my fair skin (NW15) and I have received so many compliments after using this. The only slight negative is that you need to blend the product thoroughly as it can look glittery and oily in the sunlight if it's applied too heavily or not blended. I would without a doubt recommend this product to anyone looking for a versatile highlighter!!

on 12/12/2012 2:20:00 AM

It's really just alright. It's too greasy to use on my face, but it is a nice brow highlighter. For the money it costs, it's really not worth it! I don't see myself buying this again, as I was very unimpressed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials