November 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by LoveMariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good highlight for the winter time. Adds a nice glow & I think its great for the price.The packaging is ok not the greatest but its fine bc the product is good

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jaj5020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's pretty versitile- it can either be fairly concentrated, or you can blend it out until it's very subtle. It's a pinkish tone, and is brightening.
I use it in the corner of my eyes and on my cupid's bow. I also apply a little to the tops of my cheekbones as a highlighter (it blends out really well, until it's barely noticeable). I don't use much at all, a couple of dots a day, so the bottle last forever, at least with the way I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by S2Pati

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product.
It's not good for a sunny day outdoors hangout, this put aside, it makes such a huge difference wearing it. I love the dewy effect specially in winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sabz94

Appearance
First time I tried it on I just liked the way it highlighted and brightened the face. I applied it on the bridge of my nose, in a C-shape around my eyes and eyebrows, and on my cheekbones. I have to say that I love, love, love the brightening, slight shimmering effect!

Comparison to other BeneFit products
Unfortunately I can't compare it to Moon Beam, which I'm dying to try!
But I CAN compare it to That Gal Primer - That Gal has a brightening, pink-ing effect upon application. I think they both work in different ways and as such can't really be compared on how they work otherwise. This is because That Gal does not have the same shimmering effect, while it is generally applied to the whole face. I know you can mix High Beam with your foundation but it works best as a highlighter in my opinion!

Packaging
I personally don't mind the little bottle it comes in, as I use the brush to place drops on my face, then use my fingers to blend anyway. I think the bottle looks cute and classy too!

Price
Definitely pricey, so if you're not 100% sure try getting hold of a sample before purchase. I think it's going to last me as I use so little daily, and so price-wise it probably isn't too crazy. Perhaps a bit extreme in comparison with other much-loved highlighting products from other brands.

Rebuy
Yes, despite the price I do love it. Before rebuying though, I'm definitely going to do more comparisons with other products/brands! x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

The packaging and applicator are very nice. When you use the liquid highlighter product inside it is pretty easy to apply. It makes a mild highlight without being too "glitery" on the skin. Its very similar to hard candy glow. I wouldn't buy again and have had much better success with more "standoutish" highlighters.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had high hopes for this products because of all the amazing reviews. This was pretty expensive; $30 (CAD) I guess it gives you nice glow, but it's not worth the money. This highlight isn't even that noticeable unless the light hits it directly. There are plenty of cheaper products that can give you the same, if not better, result.The packaging is not that hygienic, especially if you put the applicator directly on your face. This was just a really average product, but because of the price, I dislike it even more LOL.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't know why I even bought it.

Pros:

- Gives you a 'highlighted' look. Lol.
- lasts long I guess

Con:
- Don't really understand the practical/ everyday use of the product.

Good for: People who want to highlight parts of themselves. high cheekbones, browbone etc. Maybe people who go out a lot.

Really think about how you see yourself wearing it. I purchase it because I was just fascinated by it, not because I knew how I'd wear it. Now I regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's High Beam is a "luminescent complexion enhancer", i.e a highlighter. This product is described by Benefit as "a satiny pink liquid highlighter to accent cheek and brow bones for a radiant glow. Use as a spot highlight or delicately blend all over your complexion. Looks perfectly radiant on all skin tones. It's the 'Supermodel in a Bottle!". That's a hell of a big claim to make! I got a smallre 4ml (.13fl oz) sample of this cult favorite highlight in Ulta's exclusive "Sexy Six" value kit, which ran me $24. The full size 13ml (.45fl oz) bottle retails for $26. My mini High Beam has a value of $8. Benefit does not test on animals and offers some details about their animal testing policy in their FAQ. My High Beam sample was made in France. Benefit products can be bought at department stores with Benefit counters, Ulta and Sephora and their respective websites, and directly through Benefit via their website.
Packaging for High Beam is a clear, round, hard plastic tube. The name of the product and the Benefit logo are written on the front in black lettering. A small amount of product and company info can be found on the back of the tube. High Beam's tube is topped off with a white plastic cap. Screwing the cap off reveals a stiff brush application absolutely saturated in product. Not the most hygienic applicator, nor should the brush be used to try to blend out High Beam. That's actually be a total disaster, like I said the brush is just loaded with product, so you'd end up with more highlighter on than you'd need for a week. I use the brush to dot the product on them and blend with my fingers. Anyway, packaging is simple and looks nice enough, not super sanitary though. It kinda reminds me of nail polishing packaging with the brush and all.
High Beam is a light creamy peachy pink highlight with a thin texture. This liquid highlight blends with ease. Only the littlest bit is needed. I use about eight tiny dots of product per cheek bone or two under the brow. That may seem like a lot, but really it's not. Once blended out, High Beam takes on a shimmery, ever so slightly pink tone. The shimmer particles are small and only noticeable if you look quite closely. The only way anybody else will see any actual shimmer from High Beam is if they're seriously invading your personal space.
I find High Beam to be quite similar in color to That Gal, Benefit's brightening face primer. High Beam has more of a pearlescent finish. They're not dupes or anything, they're not even the same kind of product, I'm just commenting on the similar shade. Compared to a similar product like the golden hued Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl, High Beam gives a much more day time appropriate, softer, more natural highlight that gives the look of healthy, well moisturized skin, as opposed to a candle lit glow. High Beam is excellent for highlighting both the cheek and brow bone. The effect of High Beam lasts all day long no matter where I put it. I don't agree with Benefit that this liquid highlighter would suit all skin tones. It's slight pinkness would likely look pretty fake on those with very warm or very dark skin, if you fit into one of those categories you should probably opt for Girl Meets Pearl.
I like the naturally highlighted look that Benefit's High Beam gives. Luminescent is the perfect work to describe it, good vocabulary Benefit. The texture is thin but not watery and it blends easily. I think this highlighter is best suited to cooler complected people, just because of it's light pinky peach tinge. The packaging is function but some may prefer something a little more sanitary. As much as I like High Beam, I wouldn't repurchase it because I feel like I can find a much more affordable dupe for it, I've read about a couple of them and I'd like to look into it. If you want to try Benefit's High Beam highlighter, opt for one of their value kits. This is one of their most loved and most popular products, so it's included in most kits. Its a very good quality highlighter, and I recommend if it you have the money to spend on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

ive had a few bottles of this, its gorgeous to highlight cheekbones, id normally use my mac 128 brush for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is very flattering. It lives up to its name.
At first I didn't notice a difference but it's just the lighting and the fact that this product isn't glittery. If you feel like its not enough layer! Also, elf offers an all over face whip that has the same general idea...more of a soft lilac color....and A LOT more shimmer and shine. Try it first and if you're not a fan it's $1..and then go try high beam. I suggest one of benefits cheek kits that are so popular. Small size in that kit so you can try it first with one other blush and benetints.