August 21, 2014 | 1646 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by kellybui

I love this toner. you can use it with or withou cotton pads.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by yu3mi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use my mom's. LOL. I didn't like the packaging. Prefer if it had pump out dispenser rather than pouring it out on hand.

The first few days, it didn't really do much for my skin. A week later I noticed my right side of the face became dryer. I persisted and 2nd week, acne, whitehead and blackhead come out. Happened on left too, but not much.

Stopped using, left side cleared but right side remain that way. Had to use ettusais soap face wash to reduce acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by mystic88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a skin breakout for months now. My skin is fairly normal to dry skin, pimples rarely shown up, a few freckles on both cheeks, irritating but still okay. Lately my skin condition has deteriorated to very very dry, flaky skin. Sometimes the outer skin broke out and my moisturizers just can't handle it anymore. Pimples, has become a regular guest on my cheeks. I was so desperate and hopeless, I went to various facial treatments and doctors but none prevailed. A friend of mine just pointed out the SK II FTE, and with a little doubt, I bought the starter pack contains a small bottle of FTE and a medium size Skin Signature moisturizer. After only two days of using these two products continuously (day and night), my skin has improved significantly. Pimples, gone, acne traces shrunk into a tiny dot only in two days! I was so amazed by this product and decided to buy the biggest size of FTE on day 3. The high price of this product doesn't bother me at all since the result is much better than all of those efforts (which were even more expensive than ever).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SkincareAficionada

At last I would now review my favorite skin product so far.
PACKAGING: It comes in frosted plastic with a shiny metal like cap. The product opening is very good at dispensing measured amounts of the product. The packaging is wholly impressive, simple, but elegant enough. Looks expensive too!
Product: The Product is like water. The consistency is purely like water, but leaves a moisturizing film when applied into the skin (quite mysterious). The smell is not that good, like semi rotten living object, but it's tolerable. The first time I used the product I felt like heaven. It is so cooling and refreshing, and my skin felt dewy and comfortable instantly. After few minutes, I was wowed by the look of my skin. There is a reduction in redness, my pores are quite refined, looked dewy, and the feeling is so good! After 3 weeks of continued use, I must say it's a wonderful anti aging product! Its perfect for my "easily blocked" pores. I just cant use any moisturizer as it tends to break me out. Any trace of emolient would break me out! But I still need something to moisturize my skin, thus this essence. WONDERFUL PRODUCT for sensitive, acne prone, oily, skin! From my experience, its the first product that would give you a WOW factor in terms of how your skin would look like in one application!
PITERA: Pitera is a yeast ferment that contains amino acids, vitamins, organic acids, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and etc. So it could polish, strengthen, and moisturize the skin perfectly!
PRICE: I say 3. Though it is a $150+ product depending on the size, you just need a one teaspoon every application! Imagine how long would a 150ml product would last! so I gave it a 3.

OVERALL= I think its a wonderful moisturizer for oily and acne prone skin, and a serum or pre serum product for those with dry skin. Its a concentrated product with over 90% of Pitera. 90%! imagine! Creme de la mer boasts its seaweek extracts but that extract comes last on its ingredient list, so whats that right? Unlike SK-II your getting more star ingredient on your purchase! DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by dkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This toner made me get deep cystic acne on my chin, which I've never got before. AND the smell is awful. I totally thought this was going to be a great product because of the high price, so wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by 10laurabelle

It feels good in the initial moments it goes on the face. And then... it burns and feels itchy (my hands wanted to rip it off my face). It just feels like alcohol over the face. Not liking it at all. When I combined this with the skin signature cream - I started to break out with pimples. Only used this for a week - as soon as I used my regular chanel moisturiser my skin looked better within a day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Once I thought Thayers toner was best, slowly I found it quite drying. Comparatively speaking, this is by far the best toner I've ever used. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

At the age of 30, I'm still a heavy smoker, have been smoking for the last 10 years. Certainly this is not a healthy habit, but I'm usually mistaken as someone 23-24, and people are surprised that I'm a heavy smoker, by the way my skin looks.

I use SKii facial treatment essence together with Fancl washing powder, Decleor's Aromessence (Iris oil and Rose balm) twice a day, and Dermalogica's Daily Resurfacer and Daily Microfoliant weekly. I love this combination, it really brightens and clarifies my skin tremendously. All these products have active ingredients to improve skin conditions, and might not be suitable for all skin types.

During the summer, I just use Fancl washing powder and Skii facial treatment and skip the oil and balm, and I still can manage to have pore-less skin.

Sometimes I give myself a "toner mask". According to a Japanese beauty guru, it is not about what products you buy, but it all depends on how you use the products. Toner is what helps the absorption of essences and cream, and the way most people use toner (just pad on skin) is very wasteful and does not reveal the best potential a toner can provide. So she suggested, after washing your face, soak some cotton puff/ pads in a solution consisted of half toner and half distilled water, then layer them over your face and neck, and cover your face with cellophane for 5 mins(certainly, open a hole so that you can breath). Using cellophane is to make sure the solution is being absorbed and not evapourated, also to trap some heat so that the skin can absorb better. After 5 mins, you can lift up the cellophane and the cotton pads, then apply essence and cream as usual.

I found this trick very useful, it does make a big difference, this really hydrates and brightens your skin, with this toner and this technique, I don't even need to buy and use other masks.

This Japanese beauty guru is called Saeki Chizu, she is nearly 70 and has fabulous skin, definitely does not look 70 years old, she has been in beauty industry for all her life, had worked for Dior as an executive for years. Some dermatologists (all men) were skeptical about her approach, but hey, this woman is a living proof! Please google search for her photos! You'll see what I mean.

For those who are interested, should definitely check this out.

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by limis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is refreshing on my oily, acne prone sensitive skin. I feel my skin plump and moisturized. I found that I have less breakouts and it helps prevent big huge cystic acne from becoming "full blown"

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by melonbaobao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am up to my second bottle of this product. I have the 150ml version. I find that sometimes when I use the essence underneath my moisturiser it was too rich and I broke out. However, when it's hot, I can just use the essence on its own directly after cleanser and don't even need moisturiser. It has an odd smell, but since using it my skin has become fairer and smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by vandadeida

I really love this product. I'm only 14 years old but Miracle Water doesn't make me break out. And of course, I have clear skin now.