December 22, 2014 | 972 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great product. It conceals any uneveness on my eyes, makes my shadows look brighter and lasts longer. However I find that it may not suit my undertone. I'm an NC20-25 and Soft Ochre may suit me better as this has a pinky purpley tint to it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Kiwistace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have lots of paint pots and this is perfect for everyday. Great under every color eyeshadow and stays in place all day. Lasts for ages

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

I love this paint pot. It is the perfect color and eye shadow base that I would call my "eyelid concealer". It totally evens out any discoloration on my eyes and preps them so nicely for shadow.
Only problem I have is that I have oily eye lids, and it can definitely crease a little bit if it's hotter outside. But on a normal day I have no problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a few Paint Pots, Painterly being my favorite. It's kind of like a pale pink color. it's looks nice alone as shadow and works nice as a base/primer but beware if you have oily lids this may crease. I only experience creasing during the summer when my lids are oily. During those months I would only use paint pots as a base and not a primer. I would use a primer before using a pain pot. But because of this I prefer to use Paint Pots mostly during cooler dryer months. Shadows seem to glide nicely and stick as well when I use paint pots. They're great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Mili1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day and realllyy love how it totally even out my skintone on my eye. Although I dont think you should solely use this as your eye primer, apply a separate one and then use this as a base! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I am just now discovering MAC paint pots and I am just loving them. I got this as a primer initially since I'm trying to get better at eye makeup, but I think it's a nice shade alone as well. I like to prime my whole eye with it and put some liner on my lid and a crease color and leave this as the rest of the pigment. It looks great and it stays all day and helps my eyeliner stay much longer as well. Given how little of this product you have to use, I'm imagining this little pot will last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing it used on Pixiwoo. LOVE IT! Best buy in my entire make-up bag. I use it everyday to even my lid skin tone, on its own it looks amazing really lights up my eyes and also works beautifully as a primer for nights out. I read a few other reviews that said that you can use this on the rest of your face...which is true, if i havent got concealer at hand it works pretty well :D
Like that it comes in a nifty litte pot, so you can sweep out every last drop.
I will ALWAYS buy this product. ALWAYS!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap not knowing what its use was, but I played around with it some and now I wear it every day. I have the oiliest lids ever, so I wear Nars eye primer with Painterly on top and my eyeshadows stay put for most of the day which is unheard of for me. It also makes eyeshadows more vibrant and creates a perfect canvas for just about any eyeshadow. You get a lot of product, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few MAC products I have ever purchased that I would be unwilling to give up. It is just right for my eyelids, stays on without creasing, and makes my eyeshadows not crease as well! I had bought some Laura Mercier product that was similar, because I was not near a MAC counter - but I returned that and went out of my way to find this. I often wear it just on its own, as it evens out my red-toned eyelids.

This is worth every single penny - not only does it work well, but it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lhuynh10

I've compared this to Bare Study and for my small, oily, asian lids, Painterly is best. It works well with my skin tone also and it never feels like a heavy product on your lid. I found that it applies and stays best with a stiff brush. I usually throw this down and then Naked Lunch on top.