April 18, 2014 | 904 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I have so many eye primers; Too faced/ UD, Just to name the few i use but switch up often... I read the great reviews on here and noticed many ladies used this as a eye primer.. The entire time i THOUGHT it was an eyeshadow type product.. It's been a week since I purchased this and I LOVE IT!!! it covers My stray brow hairs and slightly discolored lids and MAKES my eyes appear open, Clean, and refreshed!!!

i have acrylic nails, although very short, i don't like the fact that i WILL have to use a spatula later on to get the product out once im running low... wish they made the packaging thinner, a bit wider.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product. I like to use this as my eyeshadow primer primarily, but it also works so well to conceal my dark circles around my eyes and brighten the area. I use this as my eyeshadow base and it makes my eyeshadow last all day without creasing. I'd definitely repurchase if I ever run out! It lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

***UPDATE*** I now apply just a tad bit of ELF eyelid primer and then this and it works PERFECT!!!! no creasing even with my VERY oily lids. love this!

I wasn't impressed at first because my eyeshadow would still crease but i found better results applying it after stippling my foundation over my eyelids. its a great color to create a dramatic or natural eye. Very creamy but dries quickly. The pot is small but it last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thank you Make up Alley ladies for recommending this product! I just bought it and used it and I am soooo please with it!!
It has an absolutely gorgeous Color and evens out my eyelid colour really well. I wore it with Wedge on the crease and a little bit of Patina in the outer third quarter of the lid and the look was great, natural and brighten up the eyes very nicely.
Will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by ashhleighh

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
After running out of my urban decay primer potion i was on the hunt got a new eye primer and i can honestly say painterly is perfect. It is so luxurious and creamy, and it goes onto the eyelid beautifully. It evens out the colout of my eyelids and ensure that my shadow lasts all day without creasing.
I will definitely repurchase this product as well as trying out more from the painpot range at mac!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I've been on a mini mission to find a good eyeshadow primer. I've recently developed oily eyelids which causes my eyeshadow to crease....needless to say I am not pleased with my makeup creasing and smearing. I knew it wasn't the eye makeup because I was using Mac eyeshadow and haven't had problems in the past. I figure as I'm aging my skin is just changing.

I asked my fellow friend with a makeup fetish what eyeshadow primer she would recommend I get. I have used Urban Decay Primer, but wasn't so impressed for the price. I had been using an eyeshadow primer from ELF that I was surprisingly pleased with, but I love trying out new products so I bought this paint pot to use as an eyeshadow primer.

The color is perfect for my skin. It prevents creasing and overall I am pleased with it. The product is slightly tacky and drags a bit when you apply it to your eyelid. I just make sure I warm it up a bit on my finger before I put it on my lid.

I wear mostly neutral makeup, so I don't notice if it intensifies the colors. If you are looking for intensifying properties this maybe isn't the product, but maybe it is. I just haven't noticed it. The colors do stay true though and along with not creasing that's really what I'm asking for.

I would definitely buy this product again. I've only heard great things from others and I'm saying great things about it too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore Painterly! I am NW20 and this color is perfect for me as an all over shadow base. I never get creasing with this, but I don't know if it's due to the Paniterly or my application methods. I always start out moisturizing my eyelids along with my face. Then I apply primer to my face and eyelids. I usually use E.L.F. eyelid primer as well (HG!), and then apply the Painterly on my eyelid all the way up to my eyebrow. For day to day wear, I then use MAC's Naked Lunch on my lid and then Wedge in the crease. This creates a nice, neutral look for daytime. Sometimes I highlight the inner corners and browbone with the browbone color from Wet n Wild's Walking On Eggshells palette. Quick, easy, and lovely on just about anyone. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kmclallen

Almost 50 and I want to still wear eyeshadow without looking old, I couldn't get the colors to work. Either they were too powdery or frosty just looked bad. I actually stopped wearing any eyeshadow at all. I use this for a base, Painterly gives me a fresh start, not too light, or dark, with this blank page I can wear almost anything I want. It does make e/s lasts longer although if I had a hot day where I needed my make up to last all day, I would probably start with a standard e/s base under this. The color is actually kind of lavender/grey at first I thought this was a waste of $ but its really perfect, my guess is it would work on all skin tones etc. I could use with just a crease color, but I'm having too much fun re-discovering all my e/s I haven't tried in a long time!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS
- Perfect eye primer/base
- Perfect 'natural' shade
- Lovely consistency
- Quality packaging

CONS
- Expensive, given the small amount of product

This is my ideal eyeshadow base as it evens out my eyelids so eyeshadow goes on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Hellokitty93100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love mac paint pots, and I really love painterly! This goes on super smooth creating the perfect base for eyeshadow. Makes eyeshadow last all day long, and works way better than urban decay primer potion which I had been previously using under nuetral looks. A definite must buy:)