November 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing it used on Pixiwoo. LOVE IT! Best buy in my entire make-up bag. I use it everyday to even my lid skin tone, on its own it looks amazing really lights up my eyes and also works beautifully as a primer for nights out. I read a few other reviews that said that you can use this on the rest of your face...which is true, if i havent got concealer at hand it works pretty well :D
Like that it comes in a nifty litte pot, so you can sweep out every last drop.
I will ALWAYS buy this product. ALWAYS!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap not knowing what its use was, but I played around with it some and now I wear it every day. I have the oiliest lids ever, so I wear Nars eye primer with Painterly on top and my eyeshadows stay put for most of the day which is unheard of for me. It also makes eyeshadows more vibrant and creates a perfect canvas for just about any eyeshadow. You get a lot of product, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few MAC products I have ever purchased that I would be unwilling to give up. It is just right for my eyelids, stays on without creasing, and makes my eyeshadows not crease as well! I had bought some Laura Mercier product that was similar, because I was not near a MAC counter - but I returned that and went out of my way to find this. I often wear it just on its own, as it evens out my red-toned eyelids.

This is worth every single penny - not only does it work well, but it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lhuynh10

I've compared this to Bare Study and for my small, oily, asian lids, Painterly is best. It works well with my skin tone also and it never feels like a heavy product on your lid. I found that it applies and stays best with a stiff brush. I usually throw this down and then Naked Lunch on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mizzellen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this as an eye primer. My eye lids have a lot of little blue veins and you can usually see them through most primers. But the paint pot is opaque enough that it creates the perfect blank canvas. My eyeshadow & eyeliner stay in place all day, even when it's hot & humid in the summer. It's pricey, but I will repurchase over & over!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Joyce1602

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Damn! this stuff is amazing!...
Because of an illness i have the most watery eyes you can imagine.
I love the look of some liner on my waterline but after 5 minutes my make up was everywhere exept on my eyes.
When i almost gave up hope i saw an article about mac paint pots and decided to try one.
What did i have to lose right?
Ofcourse i was incredibly sceptical before trying but the result was such a surprise.
I put on my liner at 6 in the morning and when i come home it wil be on the same spot. I have never been so amazed!...

Anywho what i want to say is, if you have sensitive eyes and problems with your make up please try it..
This stuf is great....

Would most definitly re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jillbeannw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great eye primer! Sometime I'll use it and won't put any shadows over it--just a bit of eyeliner and mascara and I'm good to go. I recommend it for anyone who complains about greasy eyelids. Should last 1-2 years at least!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Amyelizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do not let the price of this product scare you away!!! I bought my paint pot in December and it is now July and I still have SOOO much product left! I use it daily and sometimes twice a day if I go out that night!! It will last for a very long time!!! I use this product alone and as an eyeshadow base. It's great at canceling out redness on the lids and gives a fresh natural look all by itself. It won't pale out your lids like some primers do, I've used every shadow primer there ever was and this is my absolute favorite! It does not crease and it stays where you put it! A little goes a long way!! I will repurchase when i finally finish my first jar!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by shley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I ever lived without this product. I use this as an eye primer daily. I apply this to my eyelids all the way up to my brow because I have noticed it also helps hide the veins that show through on my skin under my eyebrows. Perfect no brainer product that it easy to use. Helps shadows stay all day and look even better. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my all time favourites, perfect on it's own for a barely there, really feminine look or as an eyeshadow primer. I've heard these can dry out quickly so I store mine upside down and haven't had any problems so far, although it does seem a shame to have to do that for the price and because the packaging is so luxurious it would be nice to store them normally. Still worth it though, I find myself using this nearly every day and there's still masses of product left. Will repurchase for sure when I run out, this is a use forever type product because the colour is so neutral, therefore along with blackground it's probably your best bet out of all the paint pots.