September 1, 2014 | 1956 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by DanceUWan2BMe1

At first I did not want to try it because I have sensitive skin and I thought that it would be too harsh. I was completely wrong! My mom coerced me to try it and as soon as I washed my face with it the bumps, acne, and dry flaky skin either disappeared or looked non-existent. I absolutely love this stuff. It is even better than Aveda.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pbharuch

I absolutely love love love this cleanser/exfoliator. I've had acne for a while and always wanted a good exfoliator that wouldn't feel like I'm trying to scrub off my skin but definitely work, and clear as well. This worked beautifully. It was so gentle but still effective. It also helped take off my foundation with ease, and every time I feel so refreshed. There doesn't seem to be a smell either. Best of all, it didn't break me out, which I'm always scared of. Also, the packaging is great and the price isn't going to kill my bank account like anything else that doesn't come from a drug store. I don't know if it will help reduce my acne, but it's overall an amazing product, and it seems like it's going to last a long time! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by mcornett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use during my a.m. shower. Works best if you have removed your makeup the night before. I use Real Purity at night, and this in the morning. Just enough grit to get rid of flakes and smooth the skin. Doesn't leave my face feeling scratched and abused. I use on my neck as well. Much better than the cheaper drugstore alternatives I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent scrub. The particles are gritty, but they don't scrape or hurt your face. I am very selective and quite fickle with products but I will definitely repurchase this one. Purity didn't "wow" me, but this sure did!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by kkostera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great product, like 'hope in a jar' you use very little. A tip i heard and use
on qvc is to use it in the a.m. only. When your skin is clean and without makeup. I do this and use my cleaser/ mu remover at night. I'll keep buying it and using it daily, love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by helenahjoo

I LOVE this! I have noticed a difference in my skin within a couple of days. My skin feels cleaner and it looks dewey. I usually don't notice immediate differences like this when using skincare products. And I was unsure of this product because I hated Philosophy's Hope in a Jar. But it worked out well for me. I even sent my mom a bottle of this to try cause I like it so much. and my husband uses it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by cutem3w

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a really gentle exfoliator and leaves my skin soft and clean. I love the microbeads they do a great job removing old dead skin. I'm not really a fan of how watery the consistency is. I feel like it just runs down my face. I like thicker exfoliators because I have more control over which parts of my skin gets exfoliated more than others.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by achtungbaby80

If there's a Where Have You Been All My Life? skin product, this is it! I tried this upon recommendation from a rep at Sephora--and from the great reviews on this site--and it does exactly what it's supposed to beautifully. I've always been annoyed with the "grime" at the corners of my nose and on my chin that just never seemed to wash off with my regular cleanser (Cetaphil), but this does the trick. All that gunk is now gone, and it leaves my skin looking fresh, and, yes, glowing--just as everyone said it would. This face wash has only been in my shower for about a week now so I may update if my level of satisfaction changes, but I'll stick with it as long as it keeps doing what it's doing now!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Eivuwan

This is a great exfoliator. The exfoliating particles are fine and seems to really smooth out my face. It is also not over-drying so it can be used on a daily basis and it is very easy to rinse off. The only problem is that the gel that holds the scrubbies dries up really quickly making it hard to exfoliate for a longer amount of time.

Edit: I would also like to note that it's good to shake up the bottle each time before use. Sometimes the exfoliants separate from the gel and sink to the bottom

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product. I used it for about a month and my face felt so clean after I used it and it improved the color of my skin....it seemed to have a glow to it and removed all the dead skin and my dry patches went away. I loved this and will buy it again after I finish this other skin care line I started using.