December 20, 2014 | 1587 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this gentle scrub. I had received a large sample from Sephora, and at first I was unimpressed. I'd been using Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub for more than a decade, so I was used to a scrub that really felt like it was working.

As my skin has gotten older, it has become more sensitive, and the Clinique scrub left my face red and irritated for hours (mild rosacea), so I could use it only once a week and at night. I wanted more regular, frequent clarifying without having to resort to alcohol-based toners, so I decided to give the Microdelivery scrub a try. When I began using it, it didn't feel like much was happening. The ratio of cleanser to exfoliant seemed heavily in favor of cleanser, and I didn't need another cleanser; I already had one that I liked. But I decided to finish the sample and see how it turned out.

A week later I began to notice that my skin felt smoother and looked much brighter. All dullness had gone, the tone was more even, and the pores on my nose were no longer clogged.

I am thrilled that I can use this Philosophy product every morning and not look like a beet. The pinkness caused by the granules fades by the time I put on my makeup. It's gentle enough to use every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by daisygirl16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

1 word, AMAZING! This gentle scrub used with Purity has given me the most beautiful, radiant, breakout free skin. I actually work selling this product and there are a few things I think people should know 1: those little bits are tiny little pieces of diatomaceous earth which are from under the ocean beds, thats why its so natural and gentle. 2: this won the CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women) award for best exfoliator, thats like the emmys of cosmetics 3: this also won best exfoliater from mens health, men LOVE this, def have your SO/DH try this they will adore it! When people use things like st.ives scrub(or any othe ruff scrub with large pieces) it messes with the skins natural cell production because the jagged large pieces are tearing the skins natural structure apart, which equals very bad long term results. I will use this and purity forever, its true love!

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

meh.. I bought this in order to use while I was getting my regular scrub -- and I am frankly disappointed.

1. Price : not cheap. I could have bought St. Ives or used a sugar scub.

2. Bottle: round, difficult to hold as it is large..this is good for big hands and mine are smallish.

3. SMELL: ugh ugh ugh. It smells rancid, old and not fresh.

4. Granules: feel large and uneven. My skin is normal so I can put up with a little of this, but it should not be necessary.

I gave this away to a 20 year old neighbor who has oily skin.

There are much better scrubs on the market.. try Dermalogica or even MAC's new refiner.. these work well and smell nice.

This one by Philosophy is not great imo -- I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kadins13

I have finally found a scrub I love! I have used this everyday for months now and I love the way my skin feels and looks! It is even gentle enough to use with my Clarisonic!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kristeneve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful acne treatment! I was scared to use this at first because of the possibility that it would break me out. Clears skin and doesn't make my skin dry!

EDIT: After using this product for a few weeks it has actually made my acne worse! I no longer recommend this product. It makes your skin look wonderful the first few times, then makes it ten times worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG face wash! No other cleaner/wash has ever left my face feeling so soft! I have been using this every morning for about 2 weeks and I have noticed a great improvement in my skin, without a doubt. I will use this until they stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by DanceUWan2BMe1

At first I did not want to try it because I have sensitive skin and I thought that it would be too harsh. I was completely wrong! My mom coerced me to try it and as soon as I washed my face with it the bumps, acne, and dry flaky skin either disappeared or looked non-existent. I absolutely love this stuff. It is even better than Aveda.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pbharuch

I absolutely love love love this cleanser/exfoliator. I've had acne for a while and always wanted a good exfoliator that wouldn't feel like I'm trying to scrub off my skin but definitely work, and clear as well. This worked beautifully. It was so gentle but still effective. It also helped take off my foundation with ease, and every time I feel so refreshed. There doesn't seem to be a smell either. Best of all, it didn't break me out, which I'm always scared of. Also, the packaging is great and the price isn't going to kill my bank account like anything else that doesn't come from a drug store. I don't know if it will help reduce my acne, but it's overall an amazing product, and it seems like it's going to last a long time! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by mcornett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use during my a.m. shower. Works best if you have removed your makeup the night before. I use Real Purity at night, and this in the morning. Just enough grit to get rid of flakes and smooth the skin. Doesn't leave my face feeling scratched and abused. I use on my neck as well. Much better than the cheaper drugstore alternatives I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent scrub. The particles are gritty, but they don't scrape or hurt your face. I am very selective and quite fickle with products but I will definitely repurchase this one. Purity didn't "wow" me, but this sure did!