April 20, 2014 | 1494 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

love love love this!!! <3 I will repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by auree

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely the best mineral make up I've tried. Better than Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale and specialty brands. Mercier is my daily foundation. I have somewhat oily skin (t zone) and found that It lasts all day without too much creasing and very little discoloration. Sand is a great match. (I also have tender rose but it's a bit too pink for me.) Also, I sometimes use Chanel Teint Innocence Compact (depends on coverage needs).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kimichka

I am in awe of this product. I absolutely love it. It's the only foundation that actually does give me a flawless finish! I purchased the "mineral flawless face kit" at Sephora, it came with mini sizes of the foundation, an illuminating powder, concealer, primer, and foundation & concealer brushes... not bad for $60... and you don't need very much of the product so it will last a long time.
So... I use this over my moisturizer and the LM mineral primer. Applies the same as you see on those infomercials for the mineral makeup (just getting some product on your brush, tapping off the excess, then buffing it around your face). 5 minutes and you're done. It completely covers any redness I might have, and seriously, it practically looks like I have nothing on my skin! I've gotten the best of both worlds.
At first I was reluctant to try this because I absolutely hated Bare Minerals (I felt like it looked like I was wearing a mask), but since the LM is a very fine mill, it just goes on flawlessly and makes it look like you just have naturally awesome skin. Doesn't leave a totally matte finish, but not a super dewy finish either.
I'm a nurse, and this stays on great on my combination skin for my 12 hour shifts. I also wore it all day at Disneyland (hot and humid) and it stayed put and controlled oil (although I don't have super oily skin to start with). I've been using the product for approx 2-3 weeks and I haven't broken out.... and pretty much everything makes me break out, which is why I'm even more stoked.
The packaging is great, too... there's a sliding cover so that you can close off the holes and not let all of the product come out while it rolls around in your makeup drawer. Nice little extra.
Needless to say, I will be repurchasing this. =)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by vikushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This made me shiny and broke me out terribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Veeh21

Awsome product!!! i been using it for about two years now.its amazing doesn't make me breakout at all.i totally recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Out of all MMU I've used, this beats all of them so far. It covers amazingly. I've got a lot to cover, acne and scars :( The staying power is pretty fantastic, it doesn't melt away like most MMU's do for me. I can use this as a spot concealer as well. The packaging is wonderful too because you can close off the sifter. The only downside for me is that I have oil breakthrough pretty quickly with this. I do have to blot a few times throughout the day. But it's not the worst I've experienced. It's actually a glowy look but just a tad too glowy for me. I don't experience any "sheen" either like BE, which I love. I think I just need to find a really good primer to stop the oil breakthrough. I don't think I'll be switching MMU for while. I've already purchased a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A few years back I tried this MMU and didn't like it, but I decided to give it another go and am so glad that I did. Not too shiny and not too flat (my experience with BE Matte MMU). So much more comfortable than liquid, especially in the summertime. Not sure what's different -- maybe my skin's changed. My ONLY gripe about this product is the color selection. I'm NC 30-35 (more NC30) and been wearing Natural Beige. It's a weensy bit too light, so I have to wear bronzer or mix with the little sample of Rich Vanilla that the SA gave me. I don't want to have to buy two colors of foundation but might have to. I apply the MMU with my flattop kabuki over either MAC P&P SPF 50 or, lately, the Shiseido SPF 60 and love the finish. Light-Med coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

I have this foundation in both real sand and natural beige for my winter and summer colors. I also have a sample of class beige that I use when I wanna look more tanned to match my body. I use this with various kabukis and it works really well. It makes me skin flawless and has a bit of glow. The coverage is buildable so it makes it more versatile as a foundation. The package is awesome because of the sifter! If you have trouble with picking your color, go get a sample! It took me a little while to figure out my color. I think the color range is alright but it could be better!! Its a bit pricey but its worth it since it has a good amount of product. I wish Laura Mercier would put in more product though because there is plenty of space in the jar for more! I would repurchase if I ran out but I have two jars so it would take me a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by tokidoki26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much that I HAD to make it my first review on MUA. I just got the mineral kit from Sephora and it is AMAZING! It makes your skin look so luminous and natural and best of all, like the box says, flawless. It has great coverage that is totally buildable and even covers my broken capillaries. The satin finish and coverage is really comparable to liquid foundations and is a great summer routine. I used to use Bare Minerals but it looked so cakey and did not last at all. This mineral paired with the primer and finishing powder is quite awesome. I will definitely be buying the full-sized version once I finish my set. For reference, I am NC25 in MAC, Punjab in Nars Sheer Glow and the Natural Beige in the LM would be a perfect match, but slightly a little dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this when it first came out and have been using it the summer ever since. It's got an ultra-fine texture and blends in beautifully. In summer I use it alone over my regular sunscreen. I smoothes my skin and provides some extra SPF. So, it's akeeper.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No