July 31, 2014 | 1752 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by greenteanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is seriously a Godsend! I have normal skin that can be on the dry side depending on the weather and products I use. I just about never get oily, and I have pretty good skin in general. I do have some slight uneven skin tone and spots here and there, and redness around my nose. This mineral powder is perfect for me! It's the only powder I've found that actually gives you a dewy glow instead of making your skin look fake, matte, and powdery/cakey! I don't know how Laura Mercier pulled it off, but she did. It has buildable coverage (it can give just as much coverage as my liquid foundations from Nars & Makeup Forever if you so desire) and it makes your skin look beautiful and naturally flawless! I use it every day now with a kabuki brush. I apply a little amount so that my skin still shows through. It just gives my face a very glowy, even look. This beats using a regular face powder (like my MAC MSFN, which is what I used to use daily) because it has more coverage yet it looks more natural because it doesn't get powdery nearly as easily. It's also better for everyday use than liquid foundation because it has fewer ingredients and is much healthier for your skin. I love my Nars Sheer Glow but I save it only for special events because I find it doesn't look great after a long day. This Laura Mercier powder has great staying power and doesn't turn blotchy or uneven on your skin at the end of the day. I cannot express how much I love this mineral powder; I gave up on mineral makeup after trying Everyday Minerals and Bare Minerals (they were too dry and matte-looking for my taste), but this LM powder beats them both hands-down. My HG powder foundation for everyday use! I have a feeling I'll be using this for the rest of my life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, let me start by saying that I am so NOT a fan of most mineral powder makeup in general; it's messy, it accentuates my pores, it looks cakey and chalky and heavy and just gross. This mineral makeup changed my mind. It is messy, yes, (took off one lippie for that) but it also has a sifter thing-y that you can close for when you travel---pretty clever, Laura! As for the color match, mine is perfect: Rich Vanilla (for reference, I wear LM Oil-Free foundation in Vanilla Beige and MAC Studio Finish in NC35) The finish is sublimely gorgeous; luminous, but not shiny, covers everything, but not too heavy. No fragrance (I hate fragrance) and it has SPF 15. I get compliments when I wear this makeup; friends have told me my skin just looks so pretty and smooth and luminous (yes, they used the word 'luminous'!) I feel it is worth shelling out the money for. And it has lasted me, like, a year and a half. I buff it on with a kabuki brush then, go through with a makeup sponge and work it in on and around my nose, hairline and chin. It goes on well over Smashbox PhotoFinish primer, too- just make sure you let the primer dry first. It doesn't control oil very well, but nothing does; I've got about 25 years of foundation-wearing experience to know that! If you want it more matte, you can dust a light, matte loose powder on top. (I sometimes do that with LM Loose Powder, but not always) So if you want to try mineral makeup, but don't like Bare Escentuals or some of the others, like me, you may want to give this one a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by rachelcameron

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My very first review for MUA! I feel compelled to take finger to keyboard ... finally... as I have tested so many other mineral powders recently in the quest to find a bismuth-free alternative, from Inika to Lucy Minerals to Jane Iredale, and all have come up wanting compared to this beautiful product. Yes, it has bismuth, but other more heavily mica-based products, purportedly all natural and irritant-free, actually cause redness, dryness or breakouts compared to this lovely LM powder. So I've come back to the fold and will never stray again! My skin has got drier with age and so I have stopped using the LM powder primer underneath (and use rosehip oil under my moisturiser instead as a base) and I have got a dewier, fresher result. Beautiful. Highly recommended!

Edit: A month or so on, now I have learnt to apply Lucy Minerals (bisque) correctly - less is more more more - I have to say it is better. Smoother, creamier and lasting finish. But LM still lovely. 4* though

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by brookej1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product! It gives me the perfect amount of coverage. The coverage is light, so this product is definitely not for someone who needs a lot of coverage. The color looks great. I put this over my Laura Mercier Oil-free tinted moisturizer. Looks fabulous! Would def recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by fudgebrownie19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Picked this up last week after watching the rave youtube reviews by kokolaroo and ginabinawina who just couldn't stop gushing. Having tried it, I completely agree. Very, verrry naaaise :)

For ref, I have combination skin that tends to look greasy by the end of the day with liquid fdtn, hence my search for powder fdtn. It leaves a dewier finish than most powder/mineral fdtns so it looks quite natural, and LM has a decent range of colors (I'm NC 42 ish, and wear this in Classic Beige).

FYI:
- provides light to medium coverage, so you would still need concealor for more obvious scars, etc
- this can very easily look cakey, so start with a very minimal amt on your brush and add more only where needed
- you MUST use a buffer brush (though not necessarily LM's) and buff-buff-buff away to get an even natural looking finish (am currently using a generic synthetic brush, but have ordered MAC's 182 buffer, will update if this looks better)
- the color will darken through the day, and more so for those with oily skin, so keep this in mind when choosing a color
- has SPF 15, but seriously, with the teeny-tiny amount I'm buffing all over my face, you can betcha bottom dollar I'm gonna wear my kiehl's SPF 30 sunscreen under this
- PRICEY!! (grr...)
- Has a filter with a screwtop so spillage is minimal, but IMHO its still not very portable
- looks best over LM's mineral primer powder, but again its $$$, so i'm using MUFE's HD primer (clear) for now.. seems to work fine
- No breakouts so far *fingers crossed*

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

love love love this!!! <3 I will repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by auree

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely the best mineral make up I've tried. Better than Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale and specialty brands. Mercier is my daily foundation. I have somewhat oily skin (t zone) and found that It lasts all day without too much creasing and very little discoloration. Sand is a great match. (I also have tender rose but it's a bit too pink for me.) Also, I sometimes use Chanel Teint Innocence Compact (depends on coverage needs).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kimichka

I am in awe of this product. I absolutely love it. It's the only foundation that actually does give me a flawless finish! I purchased the "mineral flawless face kit" at Sephora, it came with mini sizes of the foundation, an illuminating powder, concealer, primer, and foundation & concealer brushes... not bad for $60... and you don't need very much of the product so it will last a long time.
So... I use this over my moisturizer and the LM mineral primer. Applies the same as you see on those infomercials for the mineral makeup (just getting some product on your brush, tapping off the excess, then buffing it around your face). 5 minutes and you're done. It completely covers any redness I might have, and seriously, it practically looks like I have nothing on my skin! I've gotten the best of both worlds.
At first I was reluctant to try this because I absolutely hated Bare Minerals (I felt like it looked like I was wearing a mask), but since the LM is a very fine mill, it just goes on flawlessly and makes it look like you just have naturally awesome skin. Doesn't leave a totally matte finish, but not a super dewy finish either.
I'm a nurse, and this stays on great on my combination skin for my 12 hour shifts. I also wore it all day at Disneyland (hot and humid) and it stayed put and controlled oil (although I don't have super oily skin to start with). I've been using the product for approx 2-3 weeks and I haven't broken out.... and pretty much everything makes me break out, which is why I'm even more stoked.
The packaging is great, too... there's a sliding cover so that you can close off the holes and not let all of the product come out while it rolls around in your makeup drawer. Nice little extra.
Needless to say, I will be repurchasing this. =)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Veeh21

Awsome product!!! i been using it for about two years now.its amazing doesn't make me breakout at all.i totally recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Out of all MMU I've used, this beats all of them so far. It covers amazingly. I've got a lot to cover, acne and scars :( The staying power is pretty fantastic, it doesn't melt away like most MMU's do for me. I can use this as a spot concealer as well. The packaging is wonderful too because you can close off the sifter. The only downside for me is that I have oil breakthrough pretty quickly with this. I do have to blot a few times throughout the day. But it's not the worst I've experienced. It's actually a glowy look but just a tad too glowy for me. I don't experience any "sheen" either like BE, which I love. I think I just need to find a really good primer to stop the oil breakthrough. I don't think I'll be switching MMU for while. I've already purchased a back up.