September 20, 2014 | 1606 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by hello_jamie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail Dry Shampoo!

I only wash my hair once a week because my ends are really damaged from heat styling. After day 3, if my hair looks flat or oily, I use this dry shampoo (original scent) and it really makes my hair look like I just got a fresh blow-out.

TIPS:
-Wait a couple minutes after you apply dry shampoo before styling hair. It sprays on white, DON'T PANIC, after a couple minutes the whiteness disappears (I actually put this on before I start my makeup, and then comb through when my makeup is done). You can either comb through at this point or just use your fingers to massage your scalp (kind of like you're washing your hair). I find the second method helps give hair volume at the roots.
I am a brunette and have never had a problem with this leaving my hair white or ashy.

-don't use on damp hair. It's called dry shampoo for a good reason!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried countless brands of dry shampoo, all but giving up on the concept. They all seem to leave an awful, heavy residue in my hair that left it rough in texture, dry and then just got even greasier almost immediately. Ugh. This stuff is the total opposite. A quick spritz of this on my bangs zaps away a day's hard earned oil and left my hair incredibly soft and light, like it had just been washed. It felt CLEAN (!!) On top of that, it left a light floral scent on my hair that wasn't overpowering of all that noticeable. Amazing. If you have darker hair like myself, you'll need to brush it through a few times to get rid of the white powdery look occasionally if you spray a bit too much, but it's really not a hassle to me considering all the pros. Now I need to get a travel size so I can take this with me EVERYWHERE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Love this stuff! It's great for that second or third day that you just can't wash your hair yet, or you're going to the gym later so why wash it now! My hair gets oily at the roots even when I don't touch it. I used to use baby powder, which works fine (and if you're trying to save money that's your best bargain), but dry shampoo is just so much easier to use. Any whiteness that is left in your hair rubs out easily and absorbs all the oil. It smells nice and is really quick and fool-proof.
For some reason they have a lot of these at Winners (Canada) right now, especially in the GTA, and they're 7.99 a bottle i believe.

I do find that if I use this more than once in a few weeks, I definitely need to use a clarifying shampoo and really massage my scalp. It tends to leave you with buildup after a while. But just give your hair a really good wash, no big deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am a brunette and all I have to do is rub my hair so there isn't any white residue. Works really well and gives my hair a little bit of volume as well. Buying at TJ Maxx is cheaper than buying it at Ulta. I will definitely repurchase, I wished they sold this in a larger size.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a long time fan of dry shampoos and the Batiste range represents very good value for money.

To be honest it isn't my favourite dry shampoo out there because I find the scent very overpowering and that it leaves too much residue in my dark brown hair. My favourite is the Toni & Guy cleanse dry shampoo, but its a fair bit more expensive and isn't in as many stores.

Regardless, I have repurchased from the Batiste range numerous times because it is such good value and is in all supermarkets/drug stores.

One big con is that the packaging is very cheap looking!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

So I gave in and bought this dry shampoo finally. Our Walgreen's runs a promotion on it right now "Try for Free" with mail and rebate, so I said why not!
I bought the pink one and it smells very florally, which I actually like very much.
The spray is very strong, which was a bit unexpected at first but it definitely covered a large area.
I gave this product 4 stars only because I'm noticing that my hair is indeed looking more flat as the day goes on. I took a shower last night, but did not wash my hair in order to test out this product.
Maybe it is just me, or maybe my hair needs to be adjusted for not being washed every day. I can tell that it's slowly starting to get oily and kind of blah looking.
I'll give this product a try for a few weeks and will edit my review if my opinion changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by katiesbeautyblogxo

I love the batiste dry shampoo and have found it has become a life saver for me on days that I feel that my hair is a bit dry. I have tried all of the different kinds that they do and have no personal favorite. I would buy this again for sure and think it is so good and lasts a long while. Considering the price it is definitely worth the try as it is quite cheap. I also love how they are always nicely decorated.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by cprid3

Hands down amazing,
I love it, can not get enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as it was slightly cheaper then my current dry shampoo, wasnt really a fan. I tried the normal version & the brunette version (I did like the smell of the brunette one :D) however they didnt really bring any life back to my hair or soak up any excess oil. I still hands down prefer my Klorane.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by wildginger23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best dry shampoo and I've tried them all! I have long blonde hair and try not to wash it everyday to save it from damage. In desperate times I've managed to go without washing my hair 3 days and people still compliment my hair saying it looks fresh and bouncy. Just make sure you brush out the dry shampoo to avoid that white cast. Otherwise this is the greatest product ever!