September 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by selleng

I really like this product for humid summers in GA. It cuts the shine and minimized pores well. It can be applied under or over makeup, so I don't have to start the makeup process all over again to go out at night. It's the first of its kind that doesn't clog pores or break me out even though my skin is sensitive and highly susceptible to hormonal, cystic acne. The mattifying effect lasts for 3 to 4 hours. You must reapply at least once during the day which is the only negative I have found. Even though a small amount goes a long way -- tube lasts forever -- I have repurchased once which is a tribute to how long I have enjoyed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by strapon

I've never really used primers before, so I have no basis of comparison - I just know this makes my skin look super smooth and even when worn under mineral makeup and it keeps my face from oiling up in the Texas humid heat. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A must have for me. I use it as a primer under mineral makeup and it makes my skin so smooth and it has eliminated my breakouts. My skin is never shiny either - and I am in the AZ heat! A tiny bit goes a long way and it needs to set at least 2 minutes before make up application. It is expensive however, but it is a staple in my routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by letyregodie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would not buy this again and definitely would not recommend it. I tried it with 2 separate foundations, and both were more difficult to apply using this product than if I were to use a moisturizer. The best way to describe what my foundation looked like was semi dry Elmer's glue..looked like my skin was flaking off. And I ended up with a bad breakout afterwards. Bad product when using as a primer, which is what I intended to use it as.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 5:45:00 AM More reviews by upscale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works as it's supposed to -- keeps my makeup from becoming oiled down in the summer heat and maintains a fresh, "I-Just-Put-On-My-Makeup" look even in Seattle's muggy weather.

Smells refreshing and doesn't make my skin feel or look oily whatsoever. My Mac foundation goes on over smoothly and it even feels silky smooth if I run my fingers over my face.

After passing out on a drunken Friday night, I woke up the next morning to see that my foundation, bronzer, and blush was still neatly applied like it was the night before. Oh and it's also only $25 at Sephora, which is a good deal compared to other prices of primers.

I have dry-combination skin -- it's only oily on my forehead, whereas the nose, cheeks, and outter mouth area are usually dry. Philosophy's Present Clear Makeup does a good job at moisturizing as well.

Only negatives about this product is that it doesn't minimize pores as much as I'd like it to, but works as a very good primer. And a little goes a long way. I usually use a slightly larger pea-sized amount, which is enough for my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by KathleenPaley

Disclaimer: I used this product alone, without putting foundation over it (just some blush and a touch of bronzer). Maybe it's a brilliant primer if you're putting foundation on top.

But...

As a pretty low-maintenance gal, I thought The Present might smooth things out a little with minimal effort. As far as I can see, there is ZERO difference in the way my makeup looks. Philosophy is one of my favorite brands for bath products, so this was really disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by opie1

Great product. I use this as a primer under my bare escentuals. Makes my super oily skin perfect and helps my makeup last and stay fresh. Smells like lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by waverider02111

This stuff is awesome! I've been using this for the past couple of years and I love it! It's become part of my morning routine, I always put it on even if I'm not wearing makeup. I have acne-prone skin and this has never casued any breakouts, if anything I think it's helped my skin block out the bad elements that can cause acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Malaikarox

I love love love love love this product. As said below, you have to use only a LITTLE bit, and WAIT for 2 minutes before applying makeup.

Just using this alone has made my complexion look so much clearer and my skin so much smoother. I've been getting compliments on my radiant skin - which has never happened before :) And my makeup stays on longer.

The only issue is that this primer does not work well with my gel blushes. But it's totally fine for my powder products.

I have combination skin that's relatively acne prone (sensitive) and I have had no troubles at all with this product. I can't give it enough lippies!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, the only reason this didn't get 5 lippies from me is that it doesn't work well with certain foundations. My skin runs from dry to oily depending on the time of the month and the seasons, so I switch up foundations as needed. This doesn't seem to work well with my matte foundation, Clinique Superfit, but its still doable. This works great with Clinique's Dewey Smooth (a more moisturizing foundation), but it didn't work at all with Clinique's Repairware. I don't use this every day, but more when I really need my foundation to last a long time or during those super-oily times. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out at all. I tried this with The Supernatural and didn't like the pair at all. I only use The Present with my liquid foundations. UPDATE: I changed this to 3 lippies because I found yet another liquid foundation it doesn't work well with. Yes, I know its not meant to be a primer, but I also know I'm not the only one that uses it as a primer.