Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/24/2007 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WOW! I don't know how I ever lived without this product.... I am usually the type of person who will not walk out the door without some sort of powder or foundation on my face because my face is just full of problems (acne, red splotches, etc etc)... but with the Present, I can just slap it on and walk out the door! It really makes my skin looked airbrushed and smooth! One thing I did notice about it was that it kinda made me look a bit paler? Anybody else have this experience? Maybe I'm just paranoid that I'm losing my tan from the summer... but I do look a little lighter when I use this product... but for pretty much perfect airbrushed skin... it's something I'd gladly trade :)

on 10/12/2007 10:11:00 PM

I have used this for over ayear now. It is my favorite primer. A little bit goes a long way and a container of it lasts forever!!!!! Difinately a keeper!!!!!!!!!!

on 10/11/2007 5:55:00 PM

I love the way my skin looks with this product on. If you can imagine what I'm describing. I put it on after using Hope in a Jar and let it set for two minutes (as instructed) come back and my skin looks softer, small skin problems seem to have disappeared and my skin looks smooth.

I can almost say I could wear just this and no base and feel great.

I love this product. It helps my skin look airbrushed and the feel is very wonderful. I use this under matte powder and a but of tinted moisturizer. I don't use any foundation but this cream helps shrink my pores and moisturize my skin.

on 10/4/2007 8:22:00 AM

I really like this product for humid summers in GA. It cuts the shine and minimized pores well. It can be applied under or over makeup, so I don't have to start the makeup process all over again to go out at night. It's the first of its kind that doesn't clog pores or break me out even though my skin is sensitive and highly susceptible to hormonal, cystic acne. The mattifying effect lasts for 3 to 4 hours. You must reapply at least once during the day which is the only negative I have found. Even though a small amount goes a long way -- tube lasts forever -- I have repurchased once which is a tribute to how long I have enjoyed it.

on 9/30/2007 6:39:00 PM

I've never really used primers before, so I have no basis of comparison - I just know this makes my skin look super smooth and even when worn under mineral makeup and it keeps my face from oiling up in the Texas humid heat. Love it.

on 9/29/2007 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

A must have for me. I use it as a primer under mineral makeup and it makes my skin so smooth and it has eliminated my breakouts. My skin is never shiny either - and I am in the AZ heat! A tiny bit goes a long way and it needs to set at least 2 minutes before make up application. It is expensive however, but it is a staple in my routine.

on 9/27/2007 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I would not buy this again and definitely would not recommend it. I tried it with 2 separate foundations, and both were more difficult to apply using this product than if I were to use a moisturizer. The best way to describe what my foundation looked like was semi dry Elmer's glue..looked like my skin was flaking off. And I ended up with a bad breakout afterwards. Bad product when using as a primer, which is what I intended to use it as.

on 9/5/2007 5:45:00 AM

Works as it's supposed to -- keeps my makeup from becoming oiled down in the summer heat and maintains a fresh, "I-Just-Put-On-My-Makeup" look even in Seattle's muggy weather.

Smells refreshing and doesn't make my skin feel or look oily whatsoever. My Mac foundation goes on over smoothly and it even feels silky smooth if I run my fingers over my face.

After passing out on a drunken Friday night, I woke up the next morning to see that my foundation, bronzer, and blush was still neatly applied like it was the night before. Oh and it's also only $25 at Sephora, which is a good deal compared to other prices of primers.

I have dry-combination skin -- it's only oily on my forehead, whereas the nose, cheeks, and outter mouth area are usually dry. Philosophy's Present Clear Makeup does a good job at moisturizing as well.

Only negatives about this product is that it doesn't minimize pores as much as I'd like it to, but works as a very good primer. And a little goes a long way. I usually use a slightly larger pea-sized amount, which is enough for my face.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Disclaimer: I used this product alone, without putting foundation over it (just some blush and a touch of bronzer). Maybe it's a brilliant primer if you're putting foundation on top.

But...

As a pretty low-maintenance gal, I thought The Present might smooth things out a little with minimal effort. As far as I can see, there is ZERO difference in the way my makeup looks. Philosophy is one of my favorite brands for bath products, so this was really disappointing.