Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/2/2008 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I only tried the sample that the company sent me. I did like the color selection that they provided, but the coverage did not cover enough for me; it covered well at first, but after a few hours it seemed like it just disappeared. Also,I could feel like there was makeup on my face. I thought mineral makeup was supposed to feel like it was not there? I have oily skin and I guess it is just too oily because after a few hours of wearing this, I was very shiny! I am disappointed that another mineral makeup did not work for me. I do have large pores and acne scars that I want to find a foundation that would help cover them, but I guess it would have to be a miracle potion to help it! :)

on 5/31/2008 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Why did I wait so long before trying this formula of EM? I was afraid that matte would be a bit too dry and powdery looking for my normal-to-oily but dehydrated from treatments skin. But it's really not a flat matte, it's nice and creamy without being shiny...I find that when my skin does get a tad oily with it on, it looks more like the amount of glow the semi-matte starts out with. It minimizes my pores and evens texture better than the semi-matte, and doesn't feel any heavier or chalky. And it has an even softer look when spritzed with water. I do have some dry, flaky patches on my skin, and I do have to moisturize well before applying this, but really no more than I had to with semi-matte. After over a year of loving EM but feeling like each formula was just not quite perfect, I've finally found the one that's perfect for me.

on 5/30/2008 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Alright, so here's the deal. I have oily skin, a few zits here and there, under eye circles, and some acne scars. This covers great at first, but wow, it is so hard for me to find a color match. Too yellow, too pink, too green--honestly I'm quite irritated with it and the shipping price to Canada is four dollars. I might order one more sample kit but I am nearly done with this stuff; the olives were okay on me, but they still didn't seem right. Anyways, I was using medium olive and it looks alright on me for three hours...but wow, if i touch my face at all it just get shifted and comes off. The oil makes it really shiny too and it seems obvious that I'm wearing foundation...not to mention if my boyfriend kisses me it likes to magically disappear and it's gross when he wants to touch my face and it's all oily. He likes Estee Lauder "Double Wear" on me a lot more, and so do I; I hate the fact that mineral makeup doesn't seem to work too well for me, since I love the idea of softer ingredients on my skin. I'll just keep using my organic ecco bella concealer with double wear and I think I'll be happy enough. : ) Hopefully there will be better formulas of mineral makeup in the future.

on 5/27/2008 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I have been wearing this faithfully for over 2 yrs since I've discovered this brand via MUA. Before that I thought I would turn away from full coverage cream liquid foundation for full coverage. But now thanks to EDM, I can just swirl, tap, and buff into happiness and even skin!
I have ordered several sample kits and several full size kits (I usually get the 6 full items for $32 kit) I have purchased full size kits at least 3 times, that's how much I like this product! I think a kit of 3 foundations, 2 powders and 1 concealer can last me more than a yr.
I am rather careless with it cuz it's loose powder and hence rather messy in the sink, but I don't care! For the price of about $6 for 8gram size jars (the cost per jar if you get the 6 item kit), you get enough foundation to last you for at least 6 months. I am a medium colored Asian, and have tried Winged Butter, Golden Medium and Beige Neutral and they all look the same on the skin! So not sure if the differences are only apparent when densely packed into the jar, cuz on the skin the color variations are not perceptable to me or my friends. I have not been so bold to try to wear a different color on each side of my face however.
I use lavendar powder as a neutralizing base for special occasions (if I have time for the extra step) and multi-purpose concealer for covering up dark spots, zits and under eye circles. I love it!

on 5/26/2008 11:55:00 PM

After not liking the Intensive formula to much (see my review on that) I decided to try this one. It's ok and I don't have the "oily" issue I had with the Intensive formula. Coverage doesn't last me all day; I have the additional expense of buying all of the various concealers from EDM (can you say more profit for them?) since the Matte foundation on it's own doesn't do such a good job of covering.

Needless to say, as far as foundations, I have completely given up on EDM. I have found another mineral foundation that is so much better & far more superior for my skin.

Maybe someday EDM will listen to their customers and revamp all four of their formulas, instead of pretending that they are superior to those "infomercial" brands.

on 5/20/2008 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE IN A JAR. Albeit, not the most aesthetically pleasing, attractive jar... this doesn't discount the quality of the product inside. I am amazed at the selection of colors and finishes EM offers, and am continually mixing and matching to create new looks. But my all-time favorite faithful is Matte. It provides medium coverage and oil control. It will always be my base for finish mixtures. While I do have combo skin, I still desire a slightly dewy look. To accomplish this, I create a 1:4 mix of Olive Medium (Original Glo) to Golden Medium (Matte). The matte formula still holds up well, yet allows Original Glo to give me that bit of radiance. Nothing beats EM's versatility!

on 5/15/2008 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is th HG foundation for me. I have always wanted to use mmu, but BE didn't match or cover good. I like a medium coverage. The websites pictures of the pruducts are terrible so I went off of the model to pick out my sample fondations. I use the cool fair shade. I finally don't have to blend the color out of the product in hopes of not getting a makeup line!! I do actually sleep in my makeup! Working oncall nightshift, the search for a makeup that wouldn't destory my face was a must. THANK YOU MUA for helping me find EM. Update: after usuing this product for a while I broke out in acne cysts! don't really blame the product, the ingredents are comparable to other non bismuth mmu. I must just be one of those odd people that minerals just don't work for:(

on 5/11/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

OMGGG. I am in love with the matte formula!!! When I first tried Everyday Minerals, I opted for the Intensive formula because I wanted medium/heavy coverage. At first I liked it but over time I noticed it really made my skin look dry and flakey. It covered well but I just couldn't get over how flakey my normally combination skin looked. I ordered the sample kit of the matte formula and it's sooo much better! It covers just as well, keeps the shine at bay and does NOT make my skin look all flakey. I adore Everyday Minerals! You MUST try their flat-top brush - it's amazingly soft and makes your makeup go on much much much better. I love how that feels on my face too. I'm just in love with the entire brand!

EDIT: OK, after many months later, I've changed my mind. I still love Everday Minerals but I don't love the matte formula. Rather, my newfound love is the semi-matte formula! It covers just as nicely but doesn't make me look all powdery. Yay!

on 5/11/2008 7:28:00 PM

The foundation gives you sheer coverage but when you try to build it up it ends up looking very powdery. The concealer does not work for me because it does not offer enough coverage nor does it stay on me all day, same with the foundation. The foundation looks as if it is gone at the end of the day.

on 5/11/2008 3:10:00 AM

This is my HG mineral makeup. My favorite foundation, concealer and blush is Everyday Minerals. I'm new to mineral makeup and just fell in love with EDM. I like maximum matte coverage and never thought a mineral makeup would work. I was wrong. I love EDM for their product and price!

I uploaded before and after photos of EDMs matte foundation with EDM medium concealer underneath and Ocean Mist Silken Perfection on top. You'll notice that EMD concealer and foundation cover dark circles, broken capillaries at my nose, redness and my dreaded age spots which I thought nothing could camoflauge.