April 17, 2014 | 862 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by tC_girl

OMGGG. I am in love with the matte formula!!! When I first tried Everyday Minerals, I opted for the Intensive formula because I wanted medium/heavy coverage. At first I liked it but over time I noticed it really made my skin look dry and flakey. It covered well but I just couldn't get over how flakey my normally combination skin looked. I ordered the sample kit of the matte formula and it's sooo much better! It covers just as well, keeps the shine at bay and does NOT make my skin look all flakey. I adore Everyday Minerals! You MUST try their flat-top brush - it's amazingly soft and makes your makeup go on much much much better. I love how that feels on my face too. I'm just in love with the entire brand!

EDIT: OK, after many months later, I've changed my mind. I still love Everday Minerals but I don't love the matte formula. Rather, my newfound love is the semi-matte formula! It covers just as nicely but doesn't make me look all powdery. Yay!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by FusciaNGold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The foundation gives you sheer coverage but when you try to build it up it ends up looking very powdery. The concealer does not work for me because it does not offer enough coverage nor does it stay on me all day, same with the foundation. The foundation looks as if it is gone at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 3:10:00 AM More reviews by PocaDot88

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mineral makeup. My favorite foundation, concealer and blush is Everyday Minerals. I'm new to mineral makeup and just fell in love with EDM. I like maximum matte coverage and never thought a mineral makeup would work. I was wrong. I love EDM for their product and price!

I uploaded before and after photos of EDMs matte foundation with EDM medium concealer underneath and Ocean Mist Silken Perfection on top. You'll notice that EMD concealer and foundation cover dark circles, broken capillaries at my nose, redness and my dreaded age spots which I thought nothing could camoflauge.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by orozcoee01

I really wanted to be able to use this makeup to hide my less than perfect acne prone skin but it just didnt work out : (
While it did give me good coverage and I really was in love with it at first it made me break out. At first I thought my acne medication had stopped working but I soon began to see that I after a day of wearing this makeup new pimples would begin to appear and after eight hours of wearing this stuff my skin would feel itchy. I did keep my brushes clean so I know that that wasnt the problem. I've resigned myself to never being able to wear foundation : (

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by krystalchan

i have been using EM for at least half a year now. i still think they clog my pores (i have open pores, oily skin, acne-prone), but it's better than anything else i've used, particularly since i'm sensitive to the silicones that are used to make products apply smoother on to the skin. EM doesn't give me painful blind pimples or attacks of mini-bumps everywhere.
I usually apply with their kabuki or flat top brush - buff buff buff. then spray water, and use less dense brush to gently sweep the water, so it's not a dead-matte look but a smooth, healthy glowly matte =)
i have to mix my colours. i still haven't found the best mix, i have what i think is a south-east asian complexion; it's mainly yellow with a tinge of olive. I usually use golden-medium (olive)mixed with winged butter, and sometimes add in some buttered tan when i'm darker. Golden-medium is really... yellow, so looks slightly unnatural, while winged/tanned butter are too reddish, while olive-medium is too olive.
Good matches for me are Loreal W6 sun beige and Shiseido O60.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited 8.22.08: While I really like this makeup and the Intensive, I have recently re-tried the Semi-Matte and O-Glo and I'm really liking them too. I think each has its use. Everyday formuals are the matte or the semi-matte; the intensive is for extremely hot or oily conditions or more coverage, and O-Glo creates a more dewy slightly more sheer, look.
I am starting to suspect that Intensive, and Fyrinnae Superpower in Matte, are a little too drying for everday use, that my skin may do better over time with Semi-Matte, Matte or O-Glo, but that's not confirmed yet. I think my skin may overcompensate with oil using the Intensive and the similar Fyrinnae superpower, especially, although those really will probably be for more coverage going forward. I will update this as needed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I tried this after failing with EM's intensive formula and I must say, I LOVE THIS! The coverage is pretty similar to what you'd get with EM's intensive formula, except it doesn't magnify pores nor make your face/nose get so oily. It lasted an entire day on my face and didn't oxidise that badly compared to their intensive formula foundations. One thing though, I'm undecided about whether its the cause of the these two new zits on my forehead. Its also that time of the month for me so for all I know those zits might just be hormonal. Will update in time to come, but for now, I'm liking this one. If you didn't like EM's intensive formula don't give up yet and give their other formulas a try. Might work for you like it did for me (so far)!

EDIT: Since the review up there, my skin is clearing up. I'm left with a two little bumps on chin and a bunch of icky scars because I picked on my pimples (*hangs head in shame*) I'm still using EM foundation on days when I go out. Buttered Tan is wonderful on my NC37-40 skin. So maybe those zits were hormonal eh. ;) I love EM! My custom kit is on its way, yay yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

I am overall very happy with this foundation. The coverage is great without being too heavy or too light... it covers imprerfections and looks natural. By the end of the day I sometimes notice a little dryness on the dry areas of my face, and I do have to blot my oily forehead by mid-day, but that's typical for me with any foundation. I love that this doesn't clog my pores or look harsh. The Medium Beige Neutral shade is a perfect match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by golden_chain2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really good foundation. However, in order to realize its full potential you absolutely have to "set" it with Finishing Dust. I like the Matte the best. Original Glo is a close second.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I could get behind this product like everyone else has. Iíve now tried 2 sample packs of various foundations and colors and must say I have been disappointed. I do have oily skin in the t-zone and found that this foundation started to get cakey around my nose and chin within an hour. The coverage seemed to fade very quickly as well. I will not be a repeat customer of this product. Also the sample size containers are so small it's almost impossible to get the product out. On the plus side I do commend everyday minerals on offering sample sizes Ė so we donít have to waste our money on a full size.