September 17, 2014 | 1948 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I was extremely skeptical about this $20 egg shaped sponge being a "miracle tool".....but, I still had to try it for myself. I have to say, this sponge is absoloutley amazing! I couldn't be any happier with this. I don't even use any other foundation applicators anymore. My face looks completely flawless when I use this sponge. I wet the sponge & squeeze out all the excess water, apply my foundation in dots on my face, & use my DAMP sponge to blend (or bounce) my foundation on. The key to making this work is to use it dampened. It is pricey, but worth it. I did not buy the cleanser that goes with this, I just use baby shampoo to clean my sponge after every use. No, the baby shampoo doesn't get every single foundation stain out of the sponge, but it gets the sponge clean enough...& I'm not spending another $18 to buy the matching cleanser just so my sponge could remain bright pink. The baby shampoo will still get a majority of the job done that is necessary. This is a great tool that I will continue to use & buy.

FYI: One sponge is meant to last about 3 months (depending on how often you use it). It could last longer if you keep it clean after every use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using my brushes less and less after purchasing this sponge. I only use it for liquid foundation and it makes it go on flawlessly. It looks like I'm not even wearing foundation and I don't have to worry about streaks across my face.

I highly recommend getting the cleanser that's specifically made to use with this sponge. It is also pricey, but well worth it. You get a lot of cleanser and it can be used with makeup brushes as well. Baby shampoo just doesn't seem to cut it with cleaning this sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely IN LOVE! I was skeptical to try this at first as I've always been a brush user for years but I wanted to try something different and I was so impressed! I use it damp to apply liquid foundation and I stipple (bounce) it across my face and the application is flawless! I feel like my foundation seems to last a lot longer when I use the beautyblender rather than a brush or my fingers. I've been converted to using this and will always use it! The only downside is it's really hard to clean but that doesn't matter. It is quite expensive for a makeup sponger but it is most definitely worth it. If you have been considering buying this then I definitely urge you to! You will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by underage

LOVE this!! I was so skeptical and kept buying the knockoffs because I figured it couldn't make that much of a difference but I was wrong. I use this damp to apply my foundation and concealer and it makes it look so flawless. It applies my concealer so well and actually keeps it on my face (instead of it becoming so sheer when I use my fingers). You can also use it to apply powder which I do to set my concealer. It truly makes a huge difference in the way your makeup looks and wears. I'm going to purchase another one ASAP! I don't even use my foundation brushes any more

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great tool, i dont wear foundation everyday ( i use this as a finishing step when i do)but i LOVE using this applying my ben nye banana powder, gives the perfect finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by bbucha4

This thing is amazing. I even use it to put on my bronzer,blush, and highlighter. Brushes are a thing of the past after using this. I would get the package deal, that way you can use one for foundation and concealer and one for blush and bronzer :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MES

I had been curious about the beautyblender for a while, but the price made me a bit skeptical. After putting in a lot of overtime at work, I decided to treat myself. After one use, I can say, I love this. I did wet the sponge and squeeze it out before use, and it took a little more foundation than normal. I really love the finish the gives to my foundation, and makes it apply much more evenly. I didn't find that it added any extra time to my routine. Some cheaper makeup sponges have a weird tacky/sticky texture, this is nice and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I like this a lot! Wouldn't say my fav tool for foundation (i prefer buffing or clean fingers) but i think it provides good coverage and an even application. Kinda pricey for just a sponge, but dupes of this always turn out to be so different. My only complaint is how hard it is to clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I love this bright pink sponge. It gives me an air-brush finished that I look for so long. It just perfect. However, it takes me forever to clean this sponge! This sponge will never stain-free (is it me or you guys also feel the same?) although I have rinse it with their cleanser. But yeah, I will repurchase this pink sponge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works the same as 'bouncing' my good ole CVS round sponges. I squirt some foundation on the sponge and blot or bounce it all over my face. I use each side of the round 3-4 times before tossing, so each sponge lasts about a week.

This takes up a lot more space and can't be thrown away once its covered in makeup. I didn't feel like the pointy end got into small areas any better than my usual sponge.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No