November 27, 2014 | 1424 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had those cheap BBs but boy-oh-boy this one is the King of BBs! The big, damp sponge makes the foundation look seamless and the skin baby soft. I have never been so satisfied with a buffing brush as I am with the BB.
The huge downside is that the sponge is EXPENSIVE! I hope I'll manage with one for a year, because it's not a good investment: if you replace it 2 a year, you end up spending more than for a HQ brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Ugh this is a product I wanted to hate cause it's so expensive!! About a year ago I decided to try one of the fake ones cause there was no way that a cheap $5 sponge could not be just as "great" as a $26 one. Of course the cheap one sucked so I got over my want for one. After seeing some of my favorite YouTubers raving about it and how the fake ones don't compare I've decided to bite the bullet and try it. My exact words while purchasing it was that it better make my foundation look so amazing that unicorns and mermaids appear. Holy crap the sponge truely it magical. I don't even have to look in the mirror while I'm doing my foundation and somehow it's still perfectly blended. I am in love with a tiny pink sponge.
Now I have tried some other fake ones still hoping for a reasonably priced dupe. Only one that comes close is one by quo a brand that's sold at shoppers drug mart in Canada it only costs $5. It's a different shape and tends to stay wet longer which I don't like but it's just as soft and does a decent job blending.
For people who prefer a more full coverage application what I find best for this is before I get in shower I wet the beauty blender and let it dry for about 20 mins. This is a little trick that the beautiful makeup by alli suggested on her YouTube channel.
I also have no issues getting it clean, I use antibacterial dish soap and it comes out spotless. I usually wash after every 3rd use.
Only complaints is that you will need to repurchase unlike a brush that will last years. Also I have long nails so they tend to dig into the poor beauty blender which will most likely shorten it's life span :(
Believe the hype people especially when people tell you nothing compare. Cause really nothing does.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Lilianna16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually really like my BB. It gives very sheer coverage of foundation, so it would be good to use with thicker more full coverage. I still use it with a light coverage foundation because it truly gives the look of no makeup. It makes foundation undetectable on the skin. Yes, you do use more product because of how sheer it makes foundation, but it evens out because you can still build coverage but no get cakey with multiple layers.

The best thing about it is touchups. After a 10 hour workday, I can touch up my makeup to go out somewhere and it brings it back to that nice look, without caking up over what I already have. Nothing has done that before, not even my fingers. Everything would look so dull and heavy, but not with this.

The only thing I worry about is bacteria. Hopefully cleaning it after each use will help to deter that. You could also hit it with some rubbing alcohol to disinfect. As for the price, I don't think it's ridiculous as you will use in place of a brush, which are much more expensive that $20.

I would say try it, especially with dry skin as the bouncing motion will not pick up flakes. But still, any skin type can use it. It's worh it to finally get a beautiful, soft, natural finish makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I love these babies! Perfect for dewy sheer coverage.

Just wet it, squeeze out the water and blend. Tip for around the nose and hard to reach places. Rounded bottom for the cheeks and any other flat surface. Just youtube for how to use beauty blender. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by marmejia87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ATTENTION people who consider to buy BeautyBlender. Actually this works. It gives me a beautiful luminous and blended evenly on my face BUT this is NOT for the full coverage application. Currently you're using a heavy foundation such as ER double wear or Revlon colorstay and you've liked its nice coverage, please avoid this item. This is rather for luminous and light coverage make up and it exactly does the same job as just wearing any kind of luminous foundations. I just prefer to use these for natural make up instead of beauty blender - make it wet, squeeze it, then blend it all over my face! such a annoying steps.
People who need full coverage make up please avoid this item and don't waste your money. If you look for natural and glow skin make up, just try another foundation - Makeup Forever Face&Body foundation, George Armani Luminous Silk foundation, BB cream, and etc..they also gives beautiful luminous on your skin without this expensive sponge.

Pros: It helps to blend foundation evenly, it gives me a nice luminous look but it's exactly the same as wearing a BB cream

Con: No coverage at all.

Hope this review helps you:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All of you who think this little guy is just a glorified sponge...I was in the same boat as you. Keyword...WAS! I recently purchased this from Sephora for $19.95 (quite steep for a sponge I will admit) but I am very pleased with how it works. After running it under some cold water, I like cold because it is refreshing when applying my makeup, it doubles in size and is much softer and squishier than other sponges. It applies makeup flawlessly, and doesn't leave cakeyness or streaks. I find it also helps my foundation go a long way. For example, when using Laura Mercier Silk Creme, I only need less than a pea sized amount to cover my entire face when using the Beauty Blender.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Throw away all your face brushes! This beauty blender overtakes all my face brushes that I have. Been using this for almost 10 months now and it is great! I always buy the ones with 2 beauty blenders inside because it is more worth it! I use 1 sponge for 6 months before throwing it out. I'm on my 2nd sponge right now.

I clean this with my cleanser and the foundation in this comes off right away. I never tried the sponger cleaner because I find that it is a waste of money since I have other products that can have the same effect in removing the foundation in it.

This blends foundation effortlessly. I mostly use liquid and power foundations so I am not sure how it is for cream foundations. I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation about 3 times a week and this sponge does not make it look cakey at all!

I never tried any knockoff versions of this before and I am glad that I did not because that would be a waste of money. This beauty blender is totally worth every single dollar. I use it everytime now. I haven't touched my brushed ever since

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the beautyblender. I've used various sponges before, including the dupes from Winners/Marshall's, but I never really liked any. The authentic beautyblender is just different. It's soft and has enough give to blend nicely. I usually spray it with Fix+ before applying my foundation with it. Way too expensive, though, so I'm not sure if I would ever buy another one. The only reason I got it in the first place is because I had $20 Glymm points to use up (I got it just a few weeks before Glymm went belly up - good timing on my part).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

The beautyblender truly is holy grail material! My only other foundation brushes I have used were Estee Lauder's foundation brush and Sigma's f80 brush. I avoided wearing foundation altogether because the brushes would make my face look so cakey and fake. I really love the look of a flawless complexion so I researched, and this was the answer. I'll admit, it took me a few weeks to fork out the cash for a little sponge that would eventually have to be replaced, but honestly... The best $20+ CAD I've ever spent on a makeup product!
The foundation application is just so flawless, smooth, and undetectable. This makes your makeup look like you've got gorgeous skin! This can sheer out your foundation so when I want a fuller coverage look, i'll apply my foundation with a brush, and at the end I use the damp beautyblender to eliminate the cakeyness. I use thick waxy/creamy concealer to hide my blue veins under my eyes which is always a total pain, but the Beautyblender makes it effortless. I've also never had a problem with getting any stains out, even my long-wearing foundations. Do not hesitate buying this life saver.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this sponge! It blends foundation and concealer like a dream! It gives me such an airbrushed look. It works for liquid, creme, and even powder foundation. The only down side (which I overlook because it is so awesome) is the maintenance and price. I would highly recommend to wash this after/before every use because it can accumulate bacteria. The price is what held me back at first but if with good care, it has lasted me over a year. I don't even reach for my brushes most of the time.