April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

I was finally convince from all the hype all over the internet/youtube and purchase this. Yes it sure is great and all in all amazing! Yet........ It soaks up like no other.... And the price is ridiculously high. I would recommended the sephora "the perfectionist" blending sponge for $12... SAME feeling. SAME COVERAGE AND SAME FINISH!!!!! Also for a lowered price. The london soho would come close. But i wish i could literally return it. Waste of my time and money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by missbr0okelin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

the sponge is great at applying a flawless foundation look, but it made me break out something fierce ALL over my face when I'm only acne prone around my nose and chin. It's a breeding ground for bacteria if you don't clean it and immediately dry it EVERYDAY after EVERY application. I stopped using it and immediately my face cleared up. I've read that mold and bacteria grows on it while it's wet and here I am, pushing it into my face. Big mistake! I'm disappointed I wasted my money, but because it DOES apply a flawless makeup application, I will save it for Halloween when it's a one time use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by selfishfrick

too expensive but works fantastic. not sure if i will repurchase. it's just a sponge to cost so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

It works great but if it breaks i probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination to oily skin. It gets super oily in the hot Texas summer months of 100 degrees and way above. I use EL Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay, as they are the only foundation that will stay on my face with sweat and oil. For me, the beauty blender ruins the stayproof application of these foundations. These work better for me with clean finger application..

The blender is fab for lighter or less coverage foundations. I have bought, and would re-buy it. I just don't like it for MY foundations. It gives an airbrushed look to makeup, and blends seamlessly if applied properly.

Price is ridiculous for a makeup sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

So many make up artists raved about the Beauty Blender that I decided to try it. So, I paid what I consider to be an outrageous amount of money for a sponge, ordering it from Sephora. At first I did not like it at all and it sat in my cabinet after the first time I tried to use it. Then, I decided to give it another try and voila! I actually realized what the fuss was all about. It definitely makes my foundation go on with a nice air brushed look. It also ultimately helps my make up from looking too powdery once I am done. I would recommend it but think it is an acquired taste and one has to work with it to appreciate it. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by JuliaK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hands down the best tool ever. Applies much faster and smoother than brushes. Gives a semi-dewy finish that's pretty much like a airbrush finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally caved and bought one after hearing Desiree Stordahl rave about it on one of the Paula's Choice podcasts. I'm glad I did. I have never enjoyed applying liquid foundations. Period. And as I age, i have more flaky patches around my nose and brows that are very obvious when foundation gets applied.The BeautyBlender or (BB) helps both of these issues tremendously. I think the combination of the wet sponge and the bouncy application just tips the scale on effectively dealing with scalier patches of skin. I have heard Wayne Goss (from YouTube - thank you) say many times that you can do more with great tools than great makeup, and I feel that he is on to something. I think this BB can make an average foundation perform above average! And while I do think it absorbs a lot of product, if I can use cheaper foundations now, why worry about that?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Megbatch

Where do I even begin? This product is a lifesaver. I have dry, sensitive skin, that tends to be red. This applies ANY foundation flawlessly, and covers so well. I don't have words to describe how fantastic this is. Please just go get it and feel what its like to fall in love with a beauty product.. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, the negative reviews are seriously negative! This has been such an HG product for me that I actually swapped the foundation brush I used to use and now use this exclusively. HOWEVER: YMMV if you don't want a very sheer foundation application.

I am nearly 60 and have basically very good skin for my age so sheer foundation is the only option that makes sense for me. Anything else will look hard and sink into all the little (and not so little) lines.

I never, ever dip the sponge right into product. I mix a bit of cream foundation (LM Creme Smooth) with pump of moisturizer (Bobbi Brown face lotion), rub my fingers together, wipe some on cheeks, forehead, and chin (nose gets foundation stick) and then I blend lightly with the blender, which I have wet under the faucet and squeezed as much as possible in advance. I have a little egg cup that it rests on. My foundation looks wonderful and very even; and since my skin is dry-ish it does last.

I wash the sponge immediately with the cleaner that I initially thought was a rip-off but actually works very well and you don't need much.

I've never had a problem with the color coming off, or any reactions or break-outs.