October 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this sponge! It blends foundation and concealer like a dream! It gives me such an airbrushed look. It works for liquid, creme, and even powder foundation. The only down side (which I overlook because it is so awesome) is the maintenance and price. I would highly recommend to wash this after/before every use because it can accumulate bacteria. The price is what held me back at first but if with good care, it has lasted me over a year. I don't even reach for my brushes most of the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard so many people talking about the beautyblender sponges and how much they love them so I wanted to make sure I tried one to see if I liked it better than my egg shaped Laura Mercier foundation sponges that I love so much.
Well, I got myself one and have given it many tries, and I don't feel like the application is as smooth as I wanted it to be, and I notice that it absorbs way more product than my other sponges. However, the friends and other people I have heard saying they love the beautyblender have much better skin than I do. They don't have oily skin and don't have any blemishes or spots they want to cover up. I purchase a buildable med/full coverage foundation and I usually want full, smooth coverage. So maybe this style of sponge is just better for people who are going for a lighter application of their foundation. I wouldn't repurchase, I will stick with my egg shaped flat LM sponges!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this sponge and I'm sooooo glad I got it on sale for 12.00 with free shipping. Once I learned how to use it with a kinda bounce and roll motion my makeup (liquid foundation, concealer and TM specifically) looked sooo much better, it was even and smooth and well....better! It is delicate however and after only having it for less than a week I noticed a tiny tear in it; and I have short nails. So now what I do is when I wet it, I squeeze it between the palms of my hand and then again with a towel. The BB is really soft and smooth on my skin. Oh I almost forgot to mention that I did NOT dip the sponge in my foundation, I dotted foundation on my face first then used the sponge. I hope when I need a new one I can luck up on a sale again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Amazing!! This sponge is amazing. When using a brush it takes me 15-20 minutes to blend it in and patting my skin to take out those streak marks with this sponge application is less than 5 minutes. Leaves me streak free. Even application and provides medium coverage. Remember that this is a sponge and will absorb any makeup when used. My technique is to apply the foundation or concealer right on my face then use a pouncing and tap motion on the face do no sweep or rub the sponge in as the makeup will be absorbed to the sponge rather than the face. The sponge works great in itself but I definetly found dupes from Ebay and it works the same way for a much much cheaper cost I paid $3 for 2 sponges one time it all depends on the bidding system. But if I need my hands on it quickly Sephora is just around the corner and this applies foundations concealers like a charm. This is definitely a staple in my routine. Love the idea but will not be re-purchasing because of the cost $20 for a sponge is quite expensive that's the same price to a foundation or concealer in my opinion.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

I don't understand what's wrong with you people. This thing sucks. I've tried it with both liquid and creams and hated the finish with all of them. Because it's a sponge it soaked up a ton of product and I had to use WAYYYYY more product than with a brush, and it just looks weird when you dampen it like everyone says. Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Mimi7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mean, this almost has 400 reviews so I think that already says something! I LOVE this product, it's most certainly a HG for me. I really do. I'm super acne prone and was scared this would break me out (that's why I've shied away from sponges for so long) but with proper cleaning this hasn't broken me out yet. I'm now a firm believer that the tools really affect how a product looks. So when I used to apply foundation using my hands, it used to get streaky, uneven, and weird looking, even though I really love the coverage. But since I got the Beauty Blender for my birthday, my make up looks amazing! I just dot my face with foundation (I do not recommend putting it directly on the sponge, it will soak it in too quickly, dotting the face is best), wet the sponge with hot water to kill bacteria, ring it out, and tap my whole face with the round bottom until completely covered. It actually feels quite nice on the skin too haha. I use the pointy end to get near my eyes and help conceal pimples. It blends beautifully and the look is flawless; I really spend less time doing my make up and less product as well. I'm never applying with my fingers again!

As for my cleaning trick, here's what I do: right after I apply my foundation, I take my make up removing face wash, pump a little on each ends, and let it soak in and sit there for a few hours. Then, I rinse it all out with hot water to kill the germs and get all the make up off. I'm telling you girls, letting the cleanser SOAK in is the trick! My blender is barely stained. I wash after each and every make up application and rinse it with hot water before using because of my acne. Someone mentioned cleaning with alcohol as well, I might give that a go for extra cleanliness. People complain about the price, but seriously think about it: you use this almost every day for about 6 months...that's pennies a day. I think it's totally worth it and I'll buy this as long as they keep making it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I wrote a review for the beauty blender a while back but over time I feel like my opinion on this product has changed a bit so I thought I would review it. I love my beauty blender so much, I feel like it is the best makeup applicator in the world. It gives me a flawless finish, it is fast to use, easy to clean, gets in to hard- to- reach places...but where my problem comes in in the price. While I think the beauty blender is a great tool, one of them costs $26 and lasts around 3 months (so the company says). A makeup brush by say, Sigma is $18 and will last you indefinitely if you take good care of it. I've had my beauty blender for 8 months now and it is still functional despite a few tiny holes but I feel like at the most this would last me 12 months and that might even bepushing it. I did buy some cheap cosmetic sponges to try and compare how they worked (the bag was 8 for $2) and I found that despite that the application process was a little less 'bouncy' the end result was identical. The beauty blender company knows how to market with an attractive hot pink product in an adorable tear drop shape and that is what sucks people in to buying it but the price of a single, replaceable cosmetic sponge is outrageous. The price doesn't change that fact that I think it's an incredible product but there is no way that I can justify the price when a cheapy cosmetic sponge which cost 25 cents each gives me the same look. I will use mine until it is absolutely ruined but I will not repurchase.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MissBay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have got two of these and they are my new best friend as far as makeup applying goes! I got mine for $5 at my local TJ Maxx. I feel like when I get done using mine I have an airbrushed finish! Just wash them about every 4-7 days so there's no germs causing breakouts on your face! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The only reason I would not repurchase this is I feel like I use too much product to get the coverage I want. It soaks some of it up and gets stained with the product so easily. For about $20 at sephora I was not sold. Decided not to return it and to keep trying to integrate it into my routine. It only works with a few foundations I own, not the whipped and not the thinner ones like TruMatch. But my Pur Minerals and my WnW coverall work fine with it, but sheer. Make you squeeze ALL the water out though.

I thought with the hype it might be worth it.But did not wow me like I thought it woud... Sorry guys...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the beauty blender after reading tons of good reviews about it. I didn't see the need to at first because I was perfectly content with my Sigma F80 flat kabuki brush for base makeup application but the impulsive buyer in me got the BB on a whim. My mom thinks i'm crazy to spend 20 bucks on a sponge though.

Love the way this pink egg shaped sponge applies my makeup and makes it look super natural. I usually apply my bb cream in dots over my face then bounce the beauty blender all over. I find that this gives me a better coverage.

I didn't buy the cleanser. I bought this 'detergent for puff and sponge' for 2 bucks in my local Daiso and it cleans it perfectly.

How does this compare with the F80? I feel that girls with relatively good skin will like the beauty blender's application better. For people with a few red pimples/acne marks on my skin which refuses(argh!) to go away, I find that the F80 gives me better coverage than the BB does. I usually use the BB on days where i don't see the need for full scale coverage and the F80 for days where I do.