Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/9/2007 6:45:00 AM

I wonder why this has such a low score? I love this mascara, I only need one coat and my lashes look great all day long. I sometimes try other brands, but end up going back to this one.. I will continue buying this :)

on 12/7/2007 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mascara was ok. I uses this first since it was one of the few mascaras that would hold the curl on my eye-lashes. But I wanted something better.

on 11/13/2007 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not much of a mascara girl, but I like it. I just apply one coat since my lashes are pretty long. It's definitely waterproof and hard to take off. Not too bad though. I would buy it again.

on 11/6/2007 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after reading in Allure about its long-standing popularity. i purchased waterproof instead of the original because of my tendency to tear up at unexpected moments lol. i thought this mascara was fairly average and could have done a better job of living up to my high expectations. perhaps i have not yet fully realised that no product can truly work miracles. i suppose i must either lower my ideals or suffer constant disapointment. Maybe someone out there knows of a product that can restore my faith in cosmetics?

on 10/18/2007 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I guess you guys were right. This really does next to nothing. I remember liking the non-waterproof Great Lash when I was younger, so I picked this up, thinking it couldn't be that bad. But this must be the most ineffective mascara I've tried in a very long time - doesn't give any length or volume at all. Useless.

on 10/6/2007 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

It's not great; it's not horrible. I can tell that I am wearing mascara, but there isn't much lengthening or thickening. This lack of effect makes it a great weekend or 'no-makeup' look for me. However, it's definitely not going to become a staple in my makeup bag.

on 9/23/2007 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible horrible. I bought it for it's amazing price but it was a bad judgment call. The mascara itself wasn't that bad. It darkened my lashes and didn't clump but there was little added volume and length. I only tried it twice because that night after removing it with Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover, my right eyelid started puffing up like crazy. I couldn't even see my lash line because it was stuck somewhere under my lid. I was rather worried, but I didn't make the connection until the day after when I just wanted to try it again on my non-afflicted eye, and the same thing happened when i tried to remove it that night. So I ended up with two swollen eyes that did not die down for 4 days. I ended up giving it away. Will not repurchase.

on 8/5/2007 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ugh again like everyone else here I tried it because it was featured in Instyle magazine but i wish i hadnt it is horrible! I have long full dark lashes and everyone asks what mascara I am wearing when I am wearing none so i dont need much! This clumped and all I wanted was a little longer looking lashes! It clumps and takes 10 min to get off! All you really want to do is take it off, it makes your lashes feel stiff and generally icky! I have no idea what all the hype about this is!

on 8/4/2007 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently purchased this product because it was a combo deal- the regular and waterproof for $3.79. I thought, why not? Wrong!! My eyes have been itching like crazy the past couple of days. The mascara feels very scratchy when you put it on, and I didn't really notice a difference after applying it. My eyes are now red and puffy from all the rubbing, so I've tossed these two products in the trash! (By the way, the reason I wrote the review for the waterproof is that the severe itching occurred the same afternoon that I applied the waterproof, but they're equally horrible!).

on 8/3/2007 12:31:00 AM

I agree that this mascara is overrated. I don't understand why so many people rave about it. It doesn't really do much for your lashes. It makes me feel like I'm better off wearing no mascara all than resorting to this. I won't repurchase.