October 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think this is similar to clinique pore minimizer instant perfector (texture and all), except instant perfector also works as a shine control, this one doesn't. it is, however, still a very good silicone-based primer and does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is to create a smooth canvas before applying a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Manet

I really like this product. I have never really been picky with primers, I use three others apart from this one and they all work really well for me. This one does indeed smooth the face instantly making foundation application a breeze and my face pretty darn flawless. I am not a huge fan of the packaging as I don't like creamy or liquidy things to be in pots. I still gave it 5 lippies cos the quality of the product easily gets me over my packaging pickyness. I said i'd repurchase this because of how well it does work but I do also like mac's prime & protect and smashbox photo finish that I might not need to get this one in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by leanne03

I love this product - makes my skin smooth/great primer before foundation. Doesn't break me out at all; doesn't feel oily at all :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this stuff, but not every day because of the 'cones. It does a great job filling in my enlarged pores and my fine lines, and it even mattifies my t zone. I use it when I want a little something extra to my look without caking on lots of makeup.

However, the silicones are kindy slimy on hot or humid days so this isn't an everyday item for me. Still I am glad to have it in my stash and it does what I want it to do.

I wish it came in a tube, say with a large opening like 8 hour cream. I always have to resist the urge to scrape off a layer of this from the pot every time I use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this does a pretty good job filling in fine lines and enlarge pores. It didn't fill in deep wrinkles (I tried it on a scar!). I also felt! It was too oily for were I wanted to use it-my t-zone. I gave it to my grandmother, and she said it felt like she had on a funeral parlor face, lol. She is definately not oily!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by mml2145

This is my HG primer! It definitely lives up to it's name and then some. Before I found this primer my foundation would sit in my pores like a hot mess. But this primer really does fill in the pores (without causing breakouts) and gives my skin a smooth velvety finish. I also like that this primer doesn't dry out my skin nor leave it greasy. It is a bit pricey but it is so worth it to me. I will never another day without using this little treasure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually like this product more than Smashbox's Photo Finish. This product is slightly thicker than photo finish. It actually covered up the ugly pores on my nose, hallelujah. I don't really know how this product works, supposedly it is a primer that works with light to smooth your skin out so it doesn't clog pores? I don't know, but this sufff works. It's a little on the expensive side, but I've been using it for a couple of months now and still has half left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by rubie

This is the best primer on the market hands down. It gives great coverage, smooths out the skin so well so quickly--and you only need so little to cover the entire face. Gives nice matte finish, which I like. I love the fine, very light, and sort of creamy texture of this primer--yet it never be sticky. This primer seems to moisturize my skin, never gives that uncomfortable drying feeling. With this I only need the very little amount of foundation. AND more importantly, this primer never irritates my very sensitive skin (I am allergic to so many cosmetic products). I will definitely re-purchase this product. Highly recommended! This is Clarin's best selling product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow I am impressed with this product and have only been using for a week. I have an oily t-zone, SD and am acne prone so in theory, this product should not be so perfect for me but it is!!

One thing to note is that this will NOT mattify your skin. So oily-skinned gals like myself need to address this before applying the primer. I do this by wearing a great physical sunblock (I like Japanese ones such as Shiseido SPF55 lotion, Kanebo Allie or Mentholatum Sunplay UV Moisture Milk).

So after applying my sunscreen and letting it dry, I apply the teensiest amount of this primer to my t-zone. It sets pretty quickly so I don't wait long before applying my mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals Semi Matte). Without primer, I was getting about 4-5 hours of wear from my MMU before it would dissolve into ugly, greasy patches. Those days are gone. I am now getting a full day out of my MMU! I blot once in the middle of the day and that's it. For me, this is pretty miraculous!

My only complaint is that it doesn't quite conceal my nose pores but mine are pretty darn big - I can deal. Some might also not like the jar packaging but Clarins gives you a cute little spatula to use - so again, I can deal. The jar is generously sized - I can see this is going to last a long time because you use so little per application, therefore price is not much of a problem either. All in all, this is a fantastic primer.

EDIT 28 Dec 08: I've been using this pretty much daily and I have recently noticed some clogged pores appearing on my forehead. I suspect it is the cones in this product that is causing the problem. I will not be changing my rating of this product because it is great and does what it claims to do. But do proceed with caution! I may unfortunately need to stop using this for a while.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This contains acacia micro-pearls which are like tiny sponges that use the natural moisture of the skin to expand and fill in lines/pores making the skin's surface smoother in appearance and feel. Use a light hand when applying this product. Customers that tell me it feels heavy, their makeup slides off, or they experience clogged pores are 95% of the time putting on too thick of a layer. (The other 5% just have very sensitive skin which reacts to everything.) Start with a small dab about the size of a No.2 pencil eraser, and tap/press it onto (don't spread) areas of the face that have fine lines or visible pores. For myself, I use this only around the eyes, nose, and cheeks when using powder or cream foundation. When using liquid foundation, I'll pre-mix the small dab of instant smooth into a nickel-sized amount of the liquid foundation. It makes the foundation go on smoother and also prevent streaking or fading by midday. I do wish that the packaging could be more sanitary...but I like that this comes with a small spatula so I don't have to be dipping my fingers into the jar each time.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No