April 18, 2014 | 1360 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jacinda23

I am in the shade NC35-NC40 during summer. I really enjoy wearing this foundation. What sets this foundation apart from others is that it doesn't accentuate ( & actually diminishes the appearance of) lines and my crater pores in my t zone. I have combo skin and I do need to blot every few hours. I've read that quite a few people breakout from this but I haven't had any problems. This foundation does have a medicine, paint like smell but it doesn't bother me too much. tl;dr - I love the way this foundation makes my skin look -Don't like that you have to pay for the pump

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kmyetich

I love this foundation! I have pretty normal skin but my nose and around my nose gets a little oily in the summer. I also have pretty rosy cheeks year round. This product provides medium to full coverage depending on how much you apply. (I usually apply 1-1/2 pumps). It leaves my skin matte and flawless looking. I use a stippling brush to first dab it onto my skin and then blend it. I've never had any breakouts or irritation from using this foundation. Although this foundation works for me, everyone has a unique skin-type so definitely test it out at a MAC store before you purchase it or buy it online.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ebonychloe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product with the intention of saving a bit of money on my foundation, as i previously used Estee Lauder's double wear foundation (which is about £8 more than mac studio fix fluid). Anyway I found that this product goes on the skin nicely, and it gives you a very nice matte coverage that is medium build-able. It makes your skin look almost flawless, but you can tell that you're wearing makeup. I have quite combination skin, but it's more on the oily skin, and i found that throughout a full day of wearing this it starts to slide down my face, even when i powder! I think that this foundation would be perfect on normal skin; this foundation just didn't work for me, and i really think i could've got the same out of a drugstore foundation for a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by MACK3542

I got a sample of this foundation before I bought it. I would say it is OK. Nothing special, it does the job but I have some drugstore foundations that I think do the same or better job.

Pros:
applies easily
good color range
nice packaging with pump
decent coverage

cons:
not very long lasting (4 hours ish) after that it starts to get spotty
doesn't keep face matte all day, oil will shine through
prices doesn't match quality

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a maybe button for purchasing as well. This is an ok foundation. I got it as a sample really and the woman was telling me how it was 3 days worth. Well she gave me the lightest shade ever(TOOOOO LIGHT!!!!) and I don't even need much. so I have had it for 5 days now and still have some. It's crazy!! it does have great coverage and staying power however if you have dry skin or flaky skin, I would steer clear. This tends to look odd on dry patches, and maybe a primer would help A LOT.

OVerall I am unsure about how I feel for sure. I have the powder with it that I sometimes use and it can look cakey around my mouth from smiling so maybe I won't use this foundation anymore because even without powder it does that... I find it slides everywhere and just doesn't stay. In the HUMID georgia weather this just didn't work for me. Sorry mac... another not so good review :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a "maybe" catagorie for the repurchase option because this is definataly a maybe for me. This foundation can look cakey on. It can also make your skin look flawless. It depends on the weather, your moistuizer, your application technique, and your primer. It depends on how often you exfoiliate your face. I noticed this looked best on me when my skin was well moisturized and had been recently exfolitated, and the wheather not too dry or humid. I guess I can relate this fiundation to Goldy Locks. This foundation let me know when I was due for exfoliating since it would look like a grease cake mess on my face when I ws due for an exfoliation. It looks great if pictures, it can last all day. It's not the best foundtion out there, but when you're in a pinch this will work just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this a while back and it turned my face into a pizza!! Looked nice but after a few hours my skin broke out. At first I was think it was my gurly time or something I ate so the next day I put a little more to hide the acne it had given me and I had more zits popping out!!! I stopped using it washed my face good went make up free for a week and was fine after. Never again is that stuff touching my face again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT- 1/3/2014

Running out of my PLW (that was RIS) so I decided to give SFF another shot. Realizing that I like PLW best when applied with fingers, I went to mac and got a sample of studio fix to give it another go.

Primed my fave with my nyx green tinted primer in the tube (same primer I use and LOVE with literally everything). And I applied the studio fix.

This foundation STILL wears off my skin like none other. And HOLY CRAP the smell. This foundation has one of the strongest chemical paint smells I have EVER smelled, and that smell does nottt disappear over time.

I LOVE MAC. Absolutely adore MAC. But I think I'm officially done with their foundations- they're just not for me :/

Original review:: summer, 2013

This is the first foundation I ever used that literally melted off my face. Melted. Off my face.

Let me start off by saying I LOVE MAC Studio Fix line. The Powder foundation, and the concealer are both HG for me.

But this foundation melted off of my face.

This is an aside but: At the time I was wearing Revlon CS in Buff which is a *perfect** match for my skin. An SA matched me in nc20, which turned me orange. I've seen again and again people say that nc20 is a match for buff and nc15 is like ivory. But it's not true, Buff is like nc15. The SA didn't agree with me until I actually pulled the bottle of Revlon CS out of my purse and held it up next to a bottle of nc15- voila! perfect match. Sorry for the digression, but yeah. MAC foundations run a bit dark...

Anyway, after a little bit of work I found a color match. I wouldn't say it was an ideal match, but it was workable.

I always use primer so I applied this foundation using a primer first. One one occasion I used Benefit poreprofessional, On one occasion I used Smashbox color correct green (my HG), and on one occasion I think I may have used Smashbox photo finish light.

Anyway, it literally made no difference, the product melted off of my face anyway.

I tried applying it in different ways: stippling brush, dampened sponge, and just simply using my fingers. Didn't matter-- still melted off my face.

When I say melted, I mean like it would literally form beads and come off, and then I would have just random patches of makeup. I *never* seen anything like it.

I used this with setting powder and without. The setting powder I used was either Loreal Natural Match W2 or MAC studio fix in either nc15 or nc20. No difference. Foundation still melted away.

I totally do not understand how anyone with oily skin could find this product usable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by melinichole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation!!! I have oily skin so this works wonder for me leaving me perfectly matte. I've been using this foundation for centuries lol and still haven't found one that can top it. For spring/summer I have to use this foundation if I don't want my makeup to melt. I have never had a breakout from using it like some people that I know have. I wish it was a little cheaper since it doesn't come with a pump but of course you can always purchase one separately. This foundation is very buildable, I prefer full coverage so I usually use 1 1/2 pump sometimes even two if its really hot outside or in a night club. My color is NC44 in the winter and sometimes NC45 when I get a little tanned. I love it because it doesn't oxidize on my skin and I don't come out looking like an oompa loompa like some foundations have done to me in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Hjsbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation if a medium to heavy coverage is what you're after without looking really matte. It has great coverage without looking chalky and it doesn't drag either. Have repurchased well over 4 times and I'm somewhere in between NC25 and NC30 which are both cool toned (yellowy). Also much better if you buy the pump, makes for easier application. Lasts all day and actually gets better as the day goes on in my case. Great foundation, can definitely see why it's a product the professionals use.