MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 3/20/2014 7:00:00 PM

So in love with this liquid foundation. Keeps me matte for hours, very decent coverage and the color selection is amazing! I don't care for the idea that I have to buy a pump separately, but can get over it because I can reuse the pump with future repurchases lol. Price point isn't too bad for a great foundation.

on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This foundation made me look a little cakey

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great foundation with a good staying power.
I wouldn't say it did anything different than a lot of other foundations that I have tried.
But it does what I need it to do - stay on all day and gives a medium coverage.
I have it in NC25, which is a little too dark for my winter skin (I have gotten extremely pale), but it works great for me in the summer.

on 3/20/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Overall I think this foundation is good, but not great. You can definitely purchase something better for less (Revlon Colorstay). I gave this product a 4 because it did stay on all day for me, and the colour matched my skin, and the coverage was buildable, but I usually prefer better coverage because of acne scars. Also, I think this product would work much much better if it had a pump. It's quite easy to remove aswell, which is a plus, however, I did notice it was giving me a few pimples... so because of that I only wear this foundation occasionally.

on 3/14/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wear the NC20 and this is a liquid foundation that is not fantastic, nor is it bad. Its better then the revlon colorstay, because it doesn't dry or set on the skin as quick. In fact you can probably keep blending it into the skin to get the desired coverage. I don't like to apply too much, because Im someone who doesn't like to waste my time with foundation. A girl has better things to do, like curling her eyelashes or perfecting her lipstick on her lips. Thats why I would recommend other foundations that can produce a better looking glowy skin. This also streaks, and they can look hideous. Maybe if i applied more then i usually do, then I would achieve a no streak look, but i just can't be bothered. Im someone who prefers more organic options on the skin, because not only do they let your skin breathe, they also give a nice effect on my face. Im all about mineral foundation, but for a better application of foundation, you would need a good brush/ beauty blender or just warm hands. There are also better foundations in the drug stores, that can give a nicer look. I sometimes use this in hope that it will finish soon.

on 3/13/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wanted to love this but I had to return it. I know MAC discontinued the Studio Fix Select line. I wanted a foundation with a little more coverage so I bought this. She put it on and it looked a little cake-y. I thought maybe she put on too much. So I went home and checked the ingredients...no bueno. It has algae extract in it. For anyone who is prone to zits or clogged pores, algae extract is a big no-no.

on 3/13/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation sucks so bad ... It's goes on and feels like a mask it looks super caky it clings to dry patches it melts off my skin and makes me look oily even tho I acc have dry skin :/ I really can't see anything positive about the foundation .. I guess the colour selection is pretty good but it ends there ... It also stinks ! Like it
Smells like paint ! It's so gross !! I hate fragrances in foundation full stop but if it's an ok scent I'll put up with it .. This however is disgusting and you know by the smell that it just can not be good for your skin what so ever ! I also suspect it's breaking me out and clogging my pores ... There are so many other full coverage foundations that are better than this in today's industry I don't know why people still wear this ?! ... I feel like it might have impressed me when I was like 15 and was going through the whole revlon colour stay thing :/ lol but now I'm older I just realise this is gross and disgusting and I thinks it's so weird that so many people consider this holy grail !

on 3/13/2014 1:33:00 PM

First of all, most MAC sales assoc. are clueless and always sell u the wrong product/shade cuz theyre always rushing you.. They matched me to an NC20 which i found was too yellow.. And the NW is not any better on my skin either.. This foundation made me break out as well.. I wore it for 2 weeks and every day it would make me get cystic acne that would itch soooo bad!!! It sucks, I am returning it and maybe ill try the matchmaster or studio sculpt next....

on 3/11/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst foundation I have ever bought. It just slid off my face and made me look cakey. I broke out terribly! Wore it for two weeks and then my skin got so bad I had to take it back. Worst £20 ever spent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nothing amazing, in my opinion. My makeup artist cousin used this for my engagement party celebration. She used NW20, which was a decent match for me.

Personally I think it was too heavy for my liking. I do not have to cover up acne scars, am not prone to break-outs & I don't have hyper pigmentation.

I am reddish on my cheeks & it covered up that well. But so did other more lightweight foundations.

Within a couple hours I was shiny and my foundation looked cakey.

A foundation has to be amazing for me, or I just never use it/buy it again.