December 20, 2014 | 975 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by canadian

Shoppers Drug Mart had a sampler pack of mascaras at Christmas. It includes a certificate to receive a free full size mascara of your choice (brands that were in the package)This mascara was included. I recently tried it. I like how it didn't clump, defines and lengthens the lashes. My lashed looked fanned out and longer if that makes sense. I definitely plan on using the certificate to get this mascara. This mascara costs around $30.00 Canadian so I'm on the fence about purchasing it after my free one is used up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok so obviously there's already a lot of love for this mascara but since this is the best one I've ever used I had to let everyone know. This mascara works wonder it rarely clumps, seperates lashes, adds loads of lenth, still adds some volume AND holds a curl. What really sets this mascara above the rest though is that it stays all day; I put this mascara on at five in the morning and by six it's still in place and my lashes are really noticible :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE !!! It NEVER CLUMPS, gives amazing lenght even if it isn't a lenght mascara , gives AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL VOLUME , the brush is not curvy (which I love) , the bristles are hard which helps when putting the mascara on , it gives great effect but not too dramatic so great for school but doesn't look too natural either .

I LOVE IT !!! <3

Btw I have the définicils precious cells

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ynamiki

My go-to mascara. I switch from Definicils to Hypnose Drama (another Lancome mascara) depending on the look I'm trying to get (length&definition vs volume). But this tends my everyday mascara since it looks so natural. I don't have a problem with clumping like other reviewers but I can tell when the mascara starts to get old because it takes more strokes to apply. I have tried Maybelline because of all the hype around that mascara too but no...Lancome please!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For me, this is a pretty average/mediocre mascara.

The brush clumps the formula on my lashes and does not separate them well. Considering the brush is long and skinny with sharp bristles, it should have some properties that separate and lengthen. The formula itself isn't terribly long lasting and it tends to flake off towards the end of the day - it also seems to be a bit drier than other mascara formulas I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by AintPossible

I bought this during the Christmas season last year so it came along with other products, so I saved a bit of money. I didn't want it to dry out (1 year about for unopened mascara) so I decided to give it a go.

I have short, straight lashes, courtesy of my genes. What happened? I applied it a bit light-handed I think (didn't want spider legs).
First coat: bit of lengthened, defined lashes. Not so much volume
Second coat: looking better, I can see the nice length and definition. Bit more volume here. Loosing the curl a bit...
Third: Niiice. Loving the natural look! However needed to support curl with fingers while it dried so it wouldn't droop.

Overall, I am pleased with the results. It did make a difference with length and definition. It did enough volume for me to be noticable from the distance but it wasn't obviously fake, overdone, or false lashes... a good day look. However it's curl support is could be better.
I wore this to school, and didn't smudge on me which is good since my eyelids are a bit oily plus I'm a monolid (with no crease in the eyelid) so mascara is always in contact with my slightly oily eyelids.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sanaplus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it dried up VERY fast. it didnt do much for my lashes, it didnt give so much volume, no length and very dry, not recommended. and its so expensive! (although i got it as a sample) and it flakes/smudges on me, i wish i couldve liked this product, afterall its michelle phans lancome!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Leeeeena

When I came on here to review the product, I was shocked at all the bad reviews given for it... I've tried over 50 different mascaras and this one always has me coming back to it. I have naturally long, voluminous lashes that look fake with or without mascara (I only use it because I'm a blonde). This mascara always gives me great definition and gets my lashes all the way to the tip. It never clumps on me, flakes, or smudges and it gives my lashes a pretty curl up without using an eyelash curler. Overall, this mascara is one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone I know has been raving about this mascara and I wanted to love it too. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't work. This mascara smudged so badly on me, I had raccoon eyes after two hours of wear. Also, after a bit of wear, it flaked off onto my cheeks and under my eyes. I gave it 2 lippies instead of 1 because I don't know if my oily eyelids were the cause of the fast wear off.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by carmahaston

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh....wan't spectacular so I returned it. Still looking for my HG. YSL is still the best for me but I just wish it didn't dry out so quickly. I also heard Lancome tests on animals....That's a big nono for me.