October 24, 2014 | 1632 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First use and I'm loving this! I mixed it with braggs apple cider vinegar (only because my mom had it in the house; once I go back to school I'll try it with water and see if it's good enough or if I should stick with acv). My sisters both tried it too, which is good because I made wayyy too much for just myself. It does feel weird, very drying and tight, and I swear I could feel my heartbeat in this cyst I had brewing. Don't try to smile, it'll just hurt. Left it on for about 20+ minutes, and used warm water and a washcloth to get it off (fingers just weren't doing it). I'm fair with pink undertones so after I took it off, it kind of looked like I had a sunburn, but that went away after about forty five minutes. The cyst came to a head and I was able to pop it (bad, I know) and put lavender oil on it. My skin looks flawless, poreless, and glowy. I'm loving this product and will definitely make it a once a week treat (although definitely not before I have to go somewhere!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

this mask it amazing i use it once a week when i want to do a deep pore cleansing..i use 2 spoons of aztec clay with a little bit of water,i mix until it transforms into a paste,then put it on clean face,wait 15 minutes ,wash it off with warm water and voila my skin is luminous and brightened,my skin is more soft and firm,and pores are radically reduced...i use it only once,maximum twice a week it's not recommended to use this alot cause it will dry your skin very much,and you have to avoid applying it on the eye area it can cause wrinkles but this is valid for any clay mask..i would recommend to aply a deep moisturizer after using it..i haven't tried it with apple cidder i have to do that soon..and by the way this clay mask does wonders for your breakouts ,everytime i have a new pimple i put this mask on my face and the next day it's almost gone....overall this is a truly miraculous product and i will repurchase

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by llidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

use it once a week, combine it with organic avc. most people said that it is hard to stir and mix. the key is use a specialized mask bow (you can buy it in beauty store, the product come with a measuring spoon and a bursh to apply the mask). it can be use to my hair too!
the thing is after i finished doing this masking ritual, the next 2 days i tend to broke out, it because this mask is bringing out the acne to the surface and usually i get clear skin in a day of 5. anyway this is a cheap and good product! i will definitely buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by meli1306

great product! made my face feel tight and made my makeup go on soomther! it helps with the swelling of my acne go down. i got on iherb.com and it $5.99 for a pound! so that will last you a long time! and i have a $5 off coupon for your first time so its a great deal. use just the code QAH882. hope you get it so you can see the difference too!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by LaLunaUnita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, I definitely hear all the reviews talking about how difficult it is to mix up a real paste that can be used as a mask. I've had a tub of this product for about 2 years and have only used it 5-6 times because when I would add water, I would end up mixing... and mixing... and hammering at the lumps in the bowl... and finally smearing what little paste resulted from my efforts onto my face. Disappointing.

HOWEVER, tonight I took a look at some of the positive reviews and I tried the apple cider vinegar. Wow, what a difference! I put the ACV into the bowl first, I added the exact same amount of Aztec Secret and it mixed up like pudding - quickly, few lumps, nice consistency, easy to spread. I also tried mixing it with a plastic spoon, and then a spatula, and so the advice not to use a metal spoon appears to be good advice, maybe. Anyway, I didn't have any trouble with the plastic spoon.

The ACV is a little stinky; not a big deal, since you don't leave it on a long time. For the first time, this product feels like a real mask on my face. Visit the Aztec Secret website and follow the directions - it will cut down on your disappointment. And don't forget - you can always doll it up with a little mint oil, or vanilla, or honey, or something else that smells nice if the ACV really bothers you. Go sparingly - essential oils are deceptively strong and could irritate the skin if used excessively. Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by KoKoJammie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
Your face will be as smooth as a baby's you know what.
Bang for your buck

Cons:
A huge pain to mix, almost not worth it. There are other products out there that do the same thing without the hassle.

Getting the consistent right mixture requires a slight learning curve.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by hausofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looks like I'm the only one that doesn't notice a remarkable difference. You get a lot of product for your money so that's good, but that's where the good stuff ends.

The biggest problem I have with the product is the consistency. When you mix it with water it becomes terrible. It just turns into giant lumps that's really difficult to spread on your face. If you manage to put them on your face then they'll fall off. So basically you end up putting water with a green tint on your face. I stirred and stirred for minutes but it never ended up being a nice pastey consistency like I've seen on youtube. Maybe it gets a better consistency when mixed when apple cider vinegar instead of water.

I will update this review when I've tried a couple more times and also replaced the water with apple cider vinegar

UPDATE: I was correct. When you use apple cider vinegar you get a much smoother consistency which is super easy to work it. Also the apple cider vinegar made my skin look and feel super smooth. Therefor I'm gonna give it another lippy and I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a amazing it is 100% natural and it is specially good for people with oily skin and large pores. Clays have been used for centuries in beauty products because they include advantageous minerals that help get rid of toxins such as blackheads and zits and heal and nourish the skin. The mask itself comes in a powder-form that you mix with apple cider vinegar or water. When mix with ACV it takes a smoother texture than when mix with water, however I prefer water for its convenience and the results are still remarkable. For background info, I have combination skin that is extremely acne-prone. I use Tazorac which is one of the strongest acne medications prescribed which has saved my skin. However, I still get a zit or two specially in the summer when my skin tends to be more oily than combination. I use this mask only in the summer and in the winter only around my nose to tighten the pores. Everytime I use it, I literally see the difference, if I have a zit or two it seems to reduce the size and apperance, and by the next day it is dried up and gone. When on, the mask gets so tight you literally cannot move your face at all, and don't even think about smiling or talking. It feels like cement, and you actually feel your face pulsing! It gets so tight you feel your pores shrinking- this mask is no joke. But once washed off, your face will thank you, it feels amazingly smooth and tight and you will see a difference in your pores and any zits if present. And don't worry the redness will be gone in 20 minutes or so. I love this mask. It is one of my found treasures for the skin. Give it a try ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product. I use it on my entire face once a week and spot treat on pimples as needed. I use organic apple cider vinegar, 3-5 drops of lavender oil, and 1 tsp of organic manuka honey. I do not use braggs AC vinegar because it is too harsh for my dry skin. It does genuinely feel as if you face is pulsating. If you are sensitive to pain this may hurt, but I actually like it. It lets me know it is working. I sometimes vary the mixture with milk or tea tree oil depending on how dry or broken out my skin is. The only reason why I give it 4 stars is because it can not bring under-the-skin acne to the surface. After 3 months of solid use I can confidently say it helps maintain my clear skin. Make sure you moisturize after as it eliminates all oils on the skin.

For reference, I have sensitive, dry skin with occasional acne (4-6 pimples) on my jawline.
I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this mask as a replacement for evanhealy's Green Tea Clay mask and it failed. First of all, the packaging is not very convenient, but most powdered masks are packaged in jars, except this big, bulky, plastic jar is not easy on the eyes like others. Second and most important, this clay is just a nightmare to prepare. I took about a teaspoon in the palm of my hand and added an equal amount of water to it. As I mixed, I noticed it began to clump up and ball into small dry clay bits so I added more water and it just became more and more clumpy but water-y. It was a mess and impossible to apply to my face. So I removed it with tissue and threw in the trashcan, as I read a reviewer mention it can clog pipes.
After using EH's Green Tea mask this not only pales in comparison, but fails to an ultimate low. I've never tried a powdered mask like this one. It was rather strange when it clumped up and became hard to dissolve for a creamy paste application.
So I would not recommend this mask.

Update: I've changed my rating for this mask because I now use it only with Apple Cider Vinegar and it works fantastic. I think the label states you can use it with water, but I do not think that's optimal as it clumps and does not spread easily. The ACV gives it a bit of an expanding, foamy action and the clay becomes easier to apply on face. Of course, like any clay, this can be a bit drying therefore, it is important to moisturize afterwards. I will use it more often when temps are higher, in the colder months I use Now Foods Moroccan clay. The big container makes this a very good value.