July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by SkinNMakeupbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because everyone loves it but after reviewing the ingredients i thought of using something ELSE!

Cetyl alcohol, an emollient used in many cosmetics, is essentially a wax

Sodium lauryl sulfate is a foaming agent, and skin and eye irritant, that disturbs the healthy lipid barrier of the skin, and parabens are a group of preservatives being phased out for potential health risks.

No antioxidants that help fight free radical damage; no omega-rich plant seed oils that fortify the skin barrier; and not a drop of skin-calming botanicals.

it may not irritate your skin but probably wont do much either

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product was recommended to me by a dermatologist as well as a family member's cosmetic surgeon. When I first used it, my face practically squeaked in the shower and it had a light baby powder smell. I noticed my face felt oilier afterwards, which was i thought was because I had been using a daily exfoliating face wash before this product. After a few days, Cetaphil continued to make my face very oily, but my blemishes were not as bad as usual. After a while, I noticed a lot of blackheads around the bridge of my nose and slightly around my t-zone.

I stuck it out and continued to use the wash once a day and occasionally at night if my skin felt greasy before bed. My family member with the C.S. actually said that the wash seemed to be making my skin clearer IHO. I still have some cystic acne around my temples, but the reoccurring blemishes I used to get on my cheeks are almost completely gone! They don't swell and hurt like they used to before every menstrual cycle, so I'm not picking at my face at all anymore. I don't see a change, but I feel it and the people that see me once every couple of weeks definitely see a difference.

I'd recommend this to everyone! I'm actually trying to get the family members in my household to use it (males) because its really good. I'd recommend it to a friend and demand that they try for at least two weeks before disregarding it. I almost threw this to the side because I saw blackheads on my face after using it in a steamy shower, but that's because its not a harsh stripping product. This is definitely a keeper. I've already bought another bottle so I can at least get through a season if the product should discontinue or disappear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by michelina28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. After years of battling acne, countless antibiotics and even roaccutane my doctor recommended using this product. It doesn't completely get rid of pimples but its really works well and I have noticed a significant difference in my dry skin. I am no longer really dry and find it battles oil and pimples. I think those who prefer a softer more gentle approach to the battling skin problems will love this product. :) Will continue using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sithstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the best cleanser i have ever used. highly recommended for those with dry skin or exzcema.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Shake15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Sadly, this gave me red spots around my cheeks :( in just 2 uses. Other than that, this could have been a good product because it made my skin redness go away, my skin felt soft, moisturised and stronger. However, I have really oily, acne-prone skin and that is probably the reason why it did not suit my skin. But don't be disheartened! I think this would work amazingly for those who have dry skin and are looking for something gentle!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by skibumschick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this product. It's my morning face wash. I do not use it in the evening, because it won't remove makeup. However, it's perfect for morning duty. I have dry skin and when I use this in the shower, it's like a drink of water for my skin in the mornings. I've noticed that my face stays more hydrated throughout the day. I can see how those who are acne prone wouldn't like it. It doesn't foam up. I use it with my clarisonic and I am very happy with the results. I will definitely keep this as a staple in my am routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Brunapalma

I love this, mostly because its a product that you can use every day. Its very gentle on the skin and it cleans it up well. Although this IS NOT a makeup remoer product, its usually does the trick for me, except for eyeliner/mascara. This would be perfect after a makeup remover wipe or something to use in the morning when you dont have make up on. I do love it though and have been re-purchasing this for about 2 years now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you don't wear makeup, this is a great product. But it is really important for me to get my foundation off at night and this doesn't do the trick. Other gentle cleansers formulated in the same way can do this, but Cetaphil doesn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended to me by my dermatologist back then a while ago. I really do not like this cleanser at all. Secondly, it has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and this cleanser does not leave my face feeling fresh or clean! I highly prefer CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Lalafosho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am using this product and this is very gentle for everyone who has sensitive skin. I love this.