October 1, 2014 | 1396 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for months for a gentle facial wash that doesn't worsen the condition of my sensitive skin. I thought this surely would be a decent product for me, based on its reputation and rating. However, it did not work for me - made my skin red and irritated, worsened my perioral dermatitis.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Cabosunrise

I have used many types of cleansers of all different prices. I can honestly say this is the most effective, and gently cleanser of them all. I love how soft it feels on my face and leaves everything spotless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

After trying a number of more expensive cleansers, I am glad that I gave this a try. This just goes to show that sometimes your skin needs a break from harsh products. And just because you pay more for Boscia or Clairsonic cleansers, it doesn't mean that they are better overall.

I don not have sensitive skin, yet I got this in the Gentle formulation. I love the moisturizing feeling of this product! It doesn't aggravate my acne and yet cleans my face appropriately. If I want to remove make up, I will obviously use wipes or a make up cleanser beforehand. Less is more in terms of applying harsh chemicals to the face. And this product delivers on what is needed on a daily basis.

I got it with $3.50 off coupon from Ulta for around $8. This product will last me a LONG time. So much so, that I have begun to use it to wash my hands. It is without frills and doesn't dry out my skin. At first, I couldn't get used to the fact that it doesn't foam up. But then again, I don't know how foaming contributes to cleaning your face better.

I highly recommend this product. I will repurchase. I refuse to pay more for essentially the same product for the brand name. Cleanser is a cleanser. And this one is the BOMB.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ana18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's amazing!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by racheal23

I HAVE PURCHASED THIS A FEW TIMES FOR ACNE. SINCE I HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, I WAS TOLD THIS WOULD HELP CALM MY ACNE. INSTEAD, I FELT LIKE I STARTED HAVEING MORE BREAKOUTS AFTER USING THIS. IT DOES MAKE YOUR FACE FEEL CLEAN, BUT YOU HAVE TO USE A DIFFERENT CLEANSER FIRST TO REMOVE MAKEUP.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by cdove

I usually use the regular version of this and have to say that I am surprisingly disappointed with this product. Yes I understand it is intended to be gentle but I feel as if it is too gentle and doesn't even clean my face properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Avery

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this product as a hand cleanser because of my dry skin and eczema. It's gentle, non-iritating and fragrance free. I prefer the one for oily skin for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Florat

I just finished my second bottle. I repurchased it only because its gentle. But thats it, it doesnt do anything to my acne and sometimes even clog my pores! Wont purchase the third bottle as i switched to Aquanil.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a stand alone cleanser for me but a pretty good make up remover before I wash my face. More affordable than other make removers. The only thing I don't like about it is the parabens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It doesn't take anything off so I would only use this as a morning cleanser. Except I hate the way this feels on my skin, slimy and yucky. It doesn't remove makeup soooooo it's pretty useless for me. It didn't break me out. I only bought this because I was in a pinch and people seem to like it but I will not repurchase. I need something gentle and non-drying but that works.