October 21, 2014 | 1708 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by PetrovaAllure

Nice formula. Doesn't irritate skin. Good for a "back to basics" cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this cleanser for a few years now. It is one of the very few cleansers that doesn't irritate my skin and make it red and dried out but, still gets my skin clean. I use it twice a day, morning and night. If I wear makeup I will use a makeup remover first and then use the Cetaphil to get rid of any traces of left over makeup or residue.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lot of people really swear by Cetaphil but I am more of a Cerave girl. For some reason, my complexion just looks better on Cerave.

Cetaphil is ok but when comparing to other over the counter face washes but definitely not something I would repurchase. I feel like the face wash doesn't make a difference on my face and that I put it on, it doesn't soak in then I wash it off (if you know what I'm saying)

All in all, I am not the biggest fan of this product but I do know some girlfriends that love it so to each her own :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gentle and effective cleanser that removes makeup and is safe to use when also using stronger topical acne medications. Cleanser claims to be non-irritating but can occasionally cause redness and dryness. I ALWAYS use a moisturizer after cleansing to prevent irritation and dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I love this cleanser. I have very, very dry, red, sensitive skin, and I use this at night when I haven't worn any makeup that day, and sometimes in the morning when I want to apply facial products after. I squirt it in my hand and then rub it all over my face, and remove it with a cotton pad. I do not use any water because I use a toner after which removes any residue. It doesn't dry out my skin or make my redness worse. It's an amazing basic facial cleanser, my only complaint is that it's very watery, which can make things messy if you aren't too careful.

Also, make sure to remember that this is NOT A MAKEUP REMOVER. I use a different cleanser when I want to remove my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by timtamz07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is absolutely great!! At first I was very unsure whether it would even work on my combination skin since pretty much all my previous cleansers I used (e.g Garnier Cleaning Detox) stripped my skin off, leaving it redder and flaky. My friend recommended I try Cetaphil and after 2 days (I use Cetaphil morning and before going to bed btw) my skin felt so soft and clean at the same time. It's also a great softener. If you have acne on your skin, I'd say that Cetaphil is a good start to start getting better results but don't believe you should only rely on that. Exfoliate at least once a week or facial masks. I would repurchase Cetaphil though in the near future when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

This is it, I think i will be using it for the next 5 years. It's gentle and does its job. Definitely recommended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for months for a gentle facial wash that doesn't worsen the condition of my sensitive skin. I thought this surely would be a decent product for me, based on its reputation and rating. However, it did not work for me - made my skin red and irritated, worsened my perioral dermatitis.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Cabosunrise

I have used many types of cleansers of all different prices. I can honestly say this is the most effective, and gently cleanser of them all. I love how soft it feels on my face and leaves everything spotless!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

After trying a number of more expensive cleansers, I am glad that I gave this a try. This just goes to show that sometimes your skin needs a break from harsh products. And just because you pay more for Boscia or Clairsonic cleansers, it doesn't mean that they are better overall.

I don not have sensitive skin, yet I got this in the Gentle formulation. I love the moisturizing feeling of this product! It doesn't aggravate my acne and yet cleans my face appropriately. If I want to remove make up, I will obviously use wipes or a make up cleanser beforehand. Less is more in terms of applying harsh chemicals to the face. And this product delivers on what is needed on a daily basis.

I got it with $3.50 off coupon from Ulta for around $8. This product will last me a LONG time. So much so, that I have begun to use it to wash my hands. It is without frills and doesn't dry out my skin. At first, I couldn't get used to the fact that it doesn't foam up. But then again, I don't know how foaming contributes to cleaning your face better.

I highly recommend this product. I will repurchase. I refuse to pay more for essentially the same product for the brand name. Cleanser is a cleanser. And this one is the BOMB.