August 27, 2014 | 1572 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by GamerKate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this, keeps my face clear and clean. I pair it twice a day with the moisturizing lotion and my skin feels soft and dewy (in a good way) . Washing my face with it felt a bit different than any other face wash i've used, it felt less slippery/soft, but it is also the most effective one ive ever tried. Although my skin didnt feel soft while washing, it certainly did afterwards, especially with the lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I look back on the days when I could afford to use strong facial products in an attempt to combat pesky zits. Those days are long gone. I have combination skin- oily t-zone and normal in the cheek area- that has become fairly sensitive overtime. When it comes to my skincare routine, I've found that less is more. The less strong, fragrant, or harsh a product, the better my skin reacts. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is formulated for all skin types and is about as gentle a cleanser as you can find in a drugstore. I purchase mine at Target for cheaper, at around $9 for a large bottle (versus about $11 at the drugstore). The consistency is light and creamy and rinses off fairly easily. This is a basic, no-frillls cleanser that I imagine would work well for all skin types, particularly those with sensitive/acne prone skin. It does not aggravate or cause breakouts, in fact I've found that my skin breaks out much less since using this regularly (for the last four months or so). It does not dry out my skin, leaving the natural moisture in tact while gently and effectively cleansing. Now, it's not for everyone because it is so basic-- it does not remove makeup that effectively and isn't going to combat more severe cases of acne. It doesn't foam up at all, it really just spreads on like a lotion and rinses off. I happen to like the consistency but can understand why some might not. Overall, Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser is great for those looking for something gentle and simple- it can be used by people of all ages, young or old. I'm so glad the search for a good skin cleanser is over!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by achy513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've always used cetaphil, I can feel that it actually gradually "cures" my blackhead. However, I remember buying it when the brand didn't get that famous yet, the product is very creamy and worth every cent, but I feel that cetaphil is getting more and more watery, which is sad bc one of the big pro about this product is its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by beachgirl1210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So 3 weeks ago, I bought a new foundation (covergirl 3-in-1) and it broke my skin out sooo bad that it wasn't just pimples....it was like welts under the skin!!! After returning it, I bought the neutrogena foundation for acne and it has been keeping my skin at bay but not actually healing it.

I picked up a bottle of this at my cvs (it is normally 10$, but I do get an employee discount which makes it $7....I think it is kinda pricey without the discount) and I washed my face with it. The next morning, the marks on my skin were already healing and my skin was silky smooth without feeling greasy at all. This stuff is really worth it, and although it is kind of on the pricier side in the drugstore, it is reeeeeally worth it and better than any cleanser you will find out there on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by SupremeMushroom

It's very gentle and it doesn't strip or burn my skin. Perfect to use with my clarisonic but not without. Alone it does not do a very good job in cleaning my face thoroughly and getting rid of the junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Giginana

Love this!!! I was using a whole bunch of products for my acne one my cheeks and then decided i needed to stop being so harsh!!!! I was scrubbing, masking, and irritating my skin! So I bought this because pretty much every Dermatologist suggest it, and I have no cystic acne anymore!!!!!! I have a few minor pimples but I wasn't expecting it to fix any acne, so i'm happy. Plus, I wear makeup, and I use this and that makeup comes right off, even eye makeup! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by thepurplepoopoo

I've been using this for years and though it's not perfect, as you may have heard complaints on its ingredients or cleaning power, it's still on the top of my repurchasing list. It cleans my skin without irritating it, because as a combination or oily skin with terrible acne problems I'm so easily irritated whenever I used something wrong in my daily routines. I also tried a lot of other cleansers claiming to be designed for acne or problem skin, but none of them worked for a long time. Cetaphil gentle really cleans and calms my skin though sometimes you may feel like it burns, by the way that means your skin need to be hydrated, and when you feel there are things left on your skin you can apply it for one more time and it won't hurt even if you wash your face for three times. So I really recommend this product if you're troubled by the same skin problems like me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I have oily skin and read that using oil controlling washes can tend to dry out your skin therefore causing your skin to create more sebum naturally which is obviously something I wanted to avoid.. I read all the good reviews on this and how effective it was on all skin types including oily so I decided to give it a whirl. I used it to mainly wash my skin at night and take my makeup off which it seemed to do the job and not leave my skin feeling overly stripped yet clean and balanced. I use a salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide wash/scrub in the morning to help combat oil and acne during the day so its nice to use at night to effectively remove your makeup and give your skin a break. It didn't break me out and helped me clear up some of the minor acne that I had at the time along with my salicylic acid morning cleanser. I also like that my skin wouldn't feel oily when waking up in the morning.
All in all I would say its a good product .However, I recently switched to Neutrogena Ultra Gentle foaming cleanser because I heard its about the same but does a better job at removing makeup. I like it better than Cetaphil's cleanser for this purpose, but as a tried and true formula that's been around for so long and recommended by many dermatologists I gotta hand it to Cetaphil. I would definitely recommend it for someone with sensitive/oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by HennyA

LOVE! It cleared up my skin.

MY SKIN: I have an oily skin & acne prone skin since junior high and now I already working. Since I have acne prone, I went to many doctors, skin dermatologist, get many prescription & the result was temporary only. My skin hates it and my body too. I'm so sick for going and trying out A to Z doctors, various regime & medicines. Until I decided to be gentle with my skin and let it be.

EXPERIENCE: First time I heard this product from my friend, but I was too skeptical so I don't really wanna to try it out and also at that time in my country they haven't sell Cetaphil yet. Until last year I found out about Acne.org and they suggest about Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. And I was tempted to try, since acne.org got so many great amazing reviews and cetaphil gentle cleanser too. And now my skin CLEARED (only when it is nearing my period I got some breakouts). Thanks to acne.org and Cetaphil. I got many compliments from my friends ;)

TEXTURES: It is so gentle and I love the soap-free feeling. First time, it feels weird but now I'm loving it! If you are wearing make up, better to clean up your make up first with cleansing oil, make up remover, etc. Then continue with Cetaphil gentle cleanser. You'll love how it glides on your skin, doesn't leave skin dry and it just make your skin supple. I cannot explain how much thankful I am found acne.org & cetaphil gentle cleanser. Although I have oily skin, but I found that using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser more effective than cetaphil cleanser for oily skin because oily acne prone is categorized sensitive skin.

PACKAGING: Great packaging. The big size (473ml or 16 FL OZ) they come with pump so it's more sterile and easier to control how much comes out. And the have "open & close" type of pump. Which is great for travelling. The smaller size have no pump, but still good for travelling and easier to carry.

PRICE: Great value for money. It last so long... And in my country (Indonesia) they often have promo. Which is even better.

BUY AGAIN: Definitely YES! I have 3 bottles at home for some stocks. And been using 1 1/2 bottles of 473ml or 16 FL OZ

WHERE TO BUY in INDONESIA: Watson, Guardian, Grand Lucky Supermarket (Jakarta) so far

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I've been using Cetaphil for years, mostly because it's what my parents always bought, and I've just continued using it ever since. It's a pretty decent basic cleanser. I always feel clean afterwards, I really like how it takes my makeup off, and it's pretty good for my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin.
After reading a recent article I looked at the ingredients and there seems to be nothing nourishing in this cleanser, but I'll probably keep using it until I find something better.
Been quite tempted to use Dove Beauty Bar after reading so many great reviews.
In total it's a good cleanser, used to be a good price but I've found it's gotten quite expensive in the last several years. Oh and don't bother using the Cetaphil moisturizer, it sucks, feels very greasy and I felt it burned a lot.