The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 12/31/2008 5:53:00 PM

No other cream compares. Put this on at night, and in the morning your hands will be as soft as a baby's bottom. Oh yes. THAT soft. It is an intensive treatment, so the greasiness is to be expected. The price makes me a little sad, because I can get intensive moisturizers for less. However none will ever be as great as this one. Even though the metal tube can be a bit of a pain.

on 12/28/2008 1:14:00 PM

This is suppose to be one of the best seller from TBS, but I hardly see why.

I have used it for some time, but I have not seen improvement - not even a little! It is quite greassy and it absorbs only after some time, but I could tolerate it if it would work.

I'm actually very sorry it doesn't work, since I had high hopes - all here seems to rave about it...

Don't recommend to purchase!

So good! It's expensive but makes my hands silky soft. I don't mind the smell at all.

on 12/20/2008 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

OH MY GOD, THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. It's like a hand miracle in a tube, seriously.

I had really dry knuckles from the cold winter winds & so my nan gave me this to use. After only one night, my hands felt smoother & didn't feel as dry, and after a couple of days they soft and new again. Amazing stuff.

I let my mum borrow this recently - she's 52 & has those kind of rough, leathery hands with bleeding cracks all over that make you cringe when you touch them. She was using Aveda hand cream which wasn't helping enough, so I let her use this. After a few days, she said it's helped her gross hands a lot & is off to buy her own.

So even if you don't have crusty old hands, it still works just as well & doesn't feel oily or greasy at all. Plus I really like the smell...is that weird?

on 11/15/2008 1:33:00 PM

I have difficulty finding a hand cream rich enough to do the job properly. Most just seem to disappear into nothing leaving the hands as dry as before. This one is quite rich and does a good job moisturizing the skin. I generally use it last thing at night because it is so rich. No particular fragrance, which is good.
I hate the packaging however - a horrid metal tube that cracks and is quite difficult to squeeze the last drop out.

on 10/5/2008 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am a nurse and I wash my hands about 50x a day. Every winter I get little cracks in my thumbs and the ends of my finger pads. Little slices like paper cuts and I have tried everything on them. For about 3 years I tried about 20 different cremes, lotions etc, from everyplace from Estee Lauder to Avon to medicated stuff. THIS stuff is the ONLY creme that gets rid of the cracks! I buy one tube each winter and it lasts the entire winter. If you hate the smell, use it at bedtime. I love the stuff so much and it works so well I dont care what it smells like. Its the best stuff I have ever found for my hands. I must have it each winter to keep the skin intact and this for some reason, is what works for me!

on 9/28/2008 3:16:00 AM

The first time I bought the smaller size, used it up, and bought the bigger size this time. Works great for me! I don't know if I am weird or anything, oddly I like the smell of grassy hemp. LOL, all my friends who tried this, they hated the smell, however they kept asking me for it hence it is very useful. A bit oily, but very moisturizing. Little amount, lasts big time, and wonderful results. Thumbs up!

on 9/25/2008 3:31:00 PM

I always go back to the hemp hand cream...even if I try other brands for the fun of it. This is my favourite, the smell is nice and I love the vintage-style packaging.

on 9/20/2008 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i must stress that a little of this goes a long way. if used sparingly, you dont get the greasy feeling like some people complained about. the smell doesnt bother me at all. i dont like the tube it comes in. it always feels like its going to crack where its bent. not reasonably priced at all, but what is at the body shop?!?! i got this for $15.50 on the 20% off members day. i wouldnt buy it again cuz of the price and cuz it contains parabens and other crap ingredients, but not many.
the screw cap is a pain.

on 9/10/2008 3:25:00 PM

I love this product! This is the first extremely moisturizing hand cream I have found that I have not been allergic to. It does wonders repairing my skin after a break out. I'm not to fond of the smell but I just apply body spray or perfume over it right after I use it.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products