July 26, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

oh my gawd! what a stinker. i don't care how moisturizing this product is. the smell just makes me sick. i put some of this on my hand while i was at the body shop and i thought it felt wonderful so i bought one tube and shopped around the mall. after a while i can smell an awfully strong scent and started to feel slightly nauseous like i want to gag or something and i remembered this! i went straight to the bathroom and washed my hands and started to feel better. i went to the body shop and return this stinky product. though this is moisturizing i cant afford to feel sick every time i use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by cassiec01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a former hairdresser, and have suffered permanent dryness to my hands. This is the only product that has been able to restore my hands back to normalcy! it may *seem* a little expensive, but it really goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a dental hygienist and this is the only hand cream that keeps my hands soft with no skin cracks. Love it and will definitely buy again,
the only thing I do not like is the package tube and the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tekanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! Keeps my hands moisturized during the winter, and I actually use it on my face at night. I used to have dry patches that would get accentuated by all kinds of make up until I started putting Hemp Hand Protector on my face at night. Fixed it right up, the only moisturizer that has really helped me with this. It has not broken me out. Smells good. The metal tube ruptured when it got old, I guess the material gets worn down until it breaks, but that's a small price to pay, it's a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews on this one, I thought I'd give it a try and bought the 30 ml tube. Well, in the beginning, I LOVED the packaging. After a while, though, when you fold the "used" part down, it breaks in a strange kind of way, and a little cream comes out. Doesn't really bother me, it's just a bit strange. It's really good looking when it's new though.
So. The cream.
You only need a little because it's very concentrated, in the beginning I took way too much and ended up with terribly greasy hands. It's enough with an amount the size of a pea, do it many times instead to avoid the greasy don't-touch-anything feeling. It takes a while for it to sink in, so it's more of a night treatment for hands than a touch-up cream. But when it's done - wow! My hands are super soft, and they keep on being that for a while (doesn't go away when washing hands). I get a lot of compliments for my hands, and I think some of it is thanks to Hemp Hand Protector!
P.S. The smell is a chapter for itself. In the beginning I didn't like it, but when I came to the conclusion that this really helps my hands, it grew and now I like it a lot. Some of my friends hate it though, well they change when they try it themselves! D.S.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 5:31:00 AM More reviews by lingxi27

One of my HG hand creams~ love love love. Personally, I think the price is very reasonably for a product that works so well and a little goes a long way, it's really concentrated and you only need a small amount each time. The packaging is..different, in a very bendable metal tube, and sometimes the top gets a little messy and it splits at the sides, especially when you get to the last of the product. But hey, it works and it works wonders for my hands and cuticles. And the smell grows on you, I'm getting to really like it. A must for the winter months!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by wrinklefree

This is my all time favorite hand protection during winter months. I work in a hospital and wash my hands a gazillion times a day. This is the only product beside hot paraffin wax that actually helps heal and soothe my skin. I have coworkers that have hands that crack and bleed from all of the hand washing and once I introduce this to them, they fall in love with it. I like that I can carry it in my pocket while I'm at work. I also will put it on before bed and wear cotton gloves. The next morning my hands are soft as butter. Excellent product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

From having worked at TBS, I've learnt and discovered that the hemp hand protector is a legend product. It contains essential fatty acids your body needs to keep itself moisturized (omega 3). I would always recommend this to doctors/nurses/art teachers/builders as it really does moisturize.

The smell is abit different, lots of people get put off by the smell, but I'd say its the only thing that works to fully repair hands.
The packaging i have a love/hate relationship with. Its different (a bendy metal kind of material), and its a nice product to look at, however it dents very easily and sometimes splits!

I would recommend rubbing the hand protector into your nails and cuticles aswell as I find this helps nail growth.

You only need to use a tiny bit (the size of a pea) for both hands as it is very greasy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine has recommend it to me. I'm a nurse and it really not god for my hands with all that washing and desinfection several times a day... espesially in winter time... This cream makes wonders! It's enough to put on at night and you wake up with soft skin. I've repurchased it 2 times already and I'm going to do this again )))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by soandso

Hands down, all puns intended, this is the best cream for dry hands. I take it with me traveling, but the hemp smell is a little much for my face, though it keeps me moisturized all day. I also keep a tube right by the kitchen sink so that I can soothe my hands after dishes, cleaning, and in between my massage sessions (I'm a massage therapist). This is one of the best. If they could "de-patchouli" it, it would be nearly perfect, but I've grown accustomed to the scent after buying it for so long. Buy some! It'll treat you well!