The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A co-worker of mine had this and was so excited about it that she wanted me to try it. I did and really, really liked it! The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector comes in a metal tube (which is a bit unusual and it already has plenty of dents from sitting in my purse). It is touted to be "Heavy duty moisturization protector and repair, extremely dry skin". The key word here for me was "protector" and it does that. I wash my hands a lot and this seems to create a barrier between my hands and the water. My hands literally feel like silk after using this and any dryness I felt before is gone...just gone and it continues to moisturize...I don't have dry hands anymore. The scent of this is pachouli (sp?) which sort of reminds me of hippies from the 60's, but it's not a bad scent and it's subtle so it's not like it's hitting you in the face. The only thing that annoyed me about this product was the first time I used it, I applied it and then happened to look down at the tube...which had continued to squeeze out product to about 1/2 an inch. I have since learned that after using it, I immediately put the cap back on. I paid approximately $10.00 for this in a generous 3.3 Fl oz tube. It may not sound like much, but you need a very small bit of this. Also, it is normally about $18.00 a tube...they were having a 50% off sale when I bought this and when I buy this again, I will wait for this sale. In this economy, I don't need to be spending almost $20 on hand cream (but $10 for one that lasts a long time, I can justify, lol).

I love this stuff! Best I've found and I've been using it for at least 8 years. Also got all my men in my life using it too!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Best hand cream I've ever tried, I have chronic dry hands, nothing else worked! The only reason I gave it a 4 is cause its easy to take too much, which is also why I knocked it down to a 3 for packaging.

If you have sore dry hands, this is a must try! Much better than Neutrogena, Burts Bees and Glysomed combined! (not that that would be a great combo, hehe)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smells awful, but works well on wintery dry cracked hands. If you can deal with the awful scent say hello to nice smooth hands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Holy smokes this is a life saver.
In this crazy - 40 degree weather, my hands crack and bleed and look horrible.
I have tried a lot of hand creams, nothing really works.
Well, the day after I used this I noticed a difference, my cracked hands were healing, and they didn't feel like sand paper. I continued to use it, and after 3 days, my hands were almost normal again, smooth and soft!
A week later, my hands are back to pre-cold weather condition! They look and feel great : )
This stuff really works. The smell is different, very herbal, clean and not overpowering. It does not smell like pot.
The texture is creamy and it absorbs quickly.
It is expensive, but for me it is now a must-have and I know I will repurchase once this runs out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get really dry and cracked hands during winter to a point where I joke that I can grate cheese on them. I bought this in the UK, when I was studying in Aberdeen and finally found a hand cream that lasts. I could wash my hands after it absorbed and my hands wouldn't dry out again as with other creams. It can be oily if you put too much on (the first few times I left hand marks everywhere!), but once you get the hang of it, it is amazing. I got my brother hooked on this cream too as his hands actually become worse than mine!
My main problem with this cream is that I cannot find it in Greece due to legislation (that is what the manager in my favourite Body Shop told me), so now I get it sent over by my brother who now lives in the UK.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Initially wasn't sure if I'd like this much as I always tried it on in their shops with a bit of a heavy hand - resulting in very heavily greasy hands :(
However, a little bit goes a LONG way with this very thick hand cream & once you realise that - it's fantastic! Best hand cream I've tried yet AND I managed to get it at half price whilst on sale!
Not really keen on the screw cap aspect, would prefer a flip top applicator to make it less fuss / user friendly, but otherwise it smells great, softens hands & doesn't feel heavy or greasy when only a pea size amount is sqeezed onto the back of your hands and rubbed in.
Great value for a great product

I love the Body shop hemp line. I use the body butter during the winter because my skin gets so dry and parched. I bought a tube of the hand protector to carry in my purse to use at work. I'm a nurse in an ER and after continuous washing of our hands with harsh soap & wearing latex gloves, it really takes it's toll. I slather this on and my hands instantly feel relieved and moisturized. Only bad thing is, it can tend to be a bit greasy if you don't rub it in really well. Also a little goes a long ways. The only con of this product is the packaging! I love the tin tube but mine always breaks or pops open in my purse and lotion goes everywhere.

It is super-moisturising and very thick - a little goes a long way! I prefer to use this at night as it takes a while to sink in and can be greasy if you use too much. I'm not sure that the moisturising effects last that long as I seem to be always reapplying and my hands get really dry and cracked if I don't, so I think the long-term effects are minimal.

It's also a pain getting the product out of the tin packaging, I wish they'd switch to plastic squeezy tube or something.

I stocked up on these when The Body Shop had a half-price offer on but will be searching for a better handcream once I've run out.

No other cream compares. Put this on at night, and in the morning your hands will be as soft as a baby's bottom. Oh yes. THAT soft. It is an intensive treatment, so the greasiness is to be expected. The price makes me a little sad, because I can get intensive moisturizers for less. However none will ever be as great as this one. Even though the metal tube can be a bit of a pain.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products