September 17, 2014 | 2069 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by NJN

This hand cream is like food for my skin!My hands and nails really absorb this cream and I am left with silky smooth skin for hours.My nails are also stronger due to the Allantoin that is added.This cream is different from others that you will find on the market and is worth paying the extra money for.A tiny blob goes a long way!My only problem is that if you use too much of the cream by accident (which can sometimes happen because of the packaging) then it takes ages to absorb and leaves your hands very greasy.This happened to me today when I had used the cream after washing the dishes and when I was putting one of the cups away it slipped right out of my hand because the cream was so thick and oily.
Because of this I have decided to use the cream only at night before I go to bed and I tend to put some on the soles of my feet too as it is so moisturising.A good investment but if you are looking for a light day cream for your hands then this is not the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by flues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell. It has a slight olive oil and patchouli smell, so soft and clean. It is so moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best hand creme the world has brought forth to me in my never-ending quest of all things lotion. I have bought one of these for all my friends and aunts at some point. It is great for men too, and have purchased it for a past boyfriend that worked with cement every day.

Personally, I like this product because I work at a school as a Social Worker, and am constantly washing my hands as a preventative measure to avoid illness. Just a titch (less than a dime size or so) of this leaves a protective barrier on my hands, is never too greasy, and has a faint earthy smell somewhat like patchoulli. Hemp oil is one of the main ingredients and is one of the most moisturizing oils on the market. This leaves my hands silky once it absorbs and really lasts for hours. I don't feel the need to constantly reapply it like other hand cremes I've used. It does wonders for my cuticles as well. The packaging is very cool, as it is just like a tube of my acrylic paints that I love to play with in my free time. Try not to bend it too much, because it will crack over time if you try to roll it up.

This goes on sale a few times of year. One tube lasts me about 6 months. If you cannot bear the smell of this lotion, I would steer you toward Smitten hand lotion by LUSH, as it is more feminine smelling (almond/marzipan) and also works very well (but Hemp Hand Protector absorbs better for me).

For a 3.3 oz tube it regularly retails for about $18.50. There is also a mini tube as well.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

oh my gawd! what a stinker. i don't care how moisturizing this product is. the smell just makes me sick. i put some of this on my hand while i was at the body shop and i thought it felt wonderful so i bought one tube and shopped around the mall. after a while i can smell an awfully strong scent and started to feel slightly nauseous like i want to gag or something and i remembered this! i went straight to the bathroom and washed my hands and started to feel better. i went to the body shop and return this stinky product. though this is moisturizing i cant afford to feel sick every time i use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by cassiec01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a former hairdresser, and have suffered permanent dryness to my hands. This is the only product that has been able to restore my hands back to normalcy! it may *seem* a little expensive, but it really goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a dental hygienist and this is the only hand cream that keeps my hands soft with no skin cracks. Love it and will definitely buy again,
the only thing I do not like is the package tube and the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tekanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! Keeps my hands moisturized during the winter, and I actually use it on my face at night. I used to have dry patches that would get accentuated by all kinds of make up until I started putting Hemp Hand Protector on my face at night. Fixed it right up, the only moisturizer that has really helped me with this. It has not broken me out. Smells good. The metal tube ruptured when it got old, I guess the material gets worn down until it breaks, but that's a small price to pay, it's a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews on this one, I thought I'd give it a try and bought the 30 ml tube. Well, in the beginning, I LOVED the packaging. After a while, though, when you fold the "used" part down, it breaks in a strange kind of way, and a little cream comes out. Doesn't really bother me, it's just a bit strange. It's really good looking when it's new though.
So. The cream.
You only need a little because it's very concentrated, in the beginning I took way too much and ended up with terribly greasy hands. It's enough with an amount the size of a pea, do it many times instead to avoid the greasy don't-touch-anything feeling. It takes a while for it to sink in, so it's more of a night treatment for hands than a touch-up cream. But when it's done - wow! My hands are super soft, and they keep on being that for a while (doesn't go away when washing hands). I get a lot of compliments for my hands, and I think some of it is thanks to Hemp Hand Protector!
P.S. The smell is a chapter for itself. In the beginning I didn't like it, but when I came to the conclusion that this really helps my hands, it grew and now I like it a lot. Some of my friends hate it though, well they change when they try it themselves! D.S.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 5:31:00 AM More reviews by lingxi27

One of my HG hand creams~ love love love. Personally, I think the price is very reasonably for a product that works so well and a little goes a long way, it's really concentrated and you only need a small amount each time. The packaging is..different, in a very bendable metal tube, and sometimes the top gets a little messy and it splits at the sides, especially when you get to the last of the product. But hey, it works and it works wonders for my hands and cuticles. And the smell grows on you, I'm getting to really like it. A must for the winter months!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by wrinklefree

This is my all time favorite hand protection during winter months. I work in a hospital and wash my hands a gazillion times a day. This is the only product beside hot paraffin wax that actually helps heal and soothe my skin. I have coworkers that have hands that crack and bleed from all of the hand washing and once I introduce this to them, they fall in love with it. I like that I can carry it in my pocket while I'm at work. I also will put it on before bed and wear cotton gloves. The next morning my hands are soft as butter. Excellent product!