The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smells awful, but works well on wintery dry cracked hands. If you can deal with the awful scent say hello to nice smooth hands.

on 1/25/2009 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Holy smokes this is a life saver.
In this crazy - 40 degree weather, my hands crack and bleed and look horrible.
I have tried a lot of hand creams, nothing really works.
Well, the day after I used this I noticed a difference, my cracked hands were healing, and they didn't feel like sand paper. I continued to use it, and after 3 days, my hands were almost normal again, smooth and soft!
A week later, my hands are back to pre-cold weather condition! They look and feel great : )
This stuff really works. The smell is different, very herbal, clean and not overpowering. It does not smell like pot.
The texture is creamy and it absorbs quickly.
It is expensive, but for me it is now a must-have and I know I will repurchase once this runs out.

on 1/23/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get really dry and cracked hands during winter to a point where I joke that I can grate cheese on them. I bought this in the UK, when I was studying in Aberdeen and finally found a hand cream that lasts. I could wash my hands after it absorbed and my hands wouldn't dry out again as with other creams. It can be oily if you put too much on (the first few times I left hand marks everywhere!), but once you get the hang of it, it is amazing. I got my brother hooked on this cream too as his hands actually become worse than mine!
My main problem with this cream is that I cannot find it in Greece due to legislation (that is what the manager in my favourite Body Shop told me), so now I get it sent over by my brother who now lives in the UK.

on 1/21/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Initially wasn't sure if I'd like this much as I always tried it on in their shops with a bit of a heavy hand - resulting in very heavily greasy hands :(
However, a little bit goes a LONG way with this very thick hand cream & once you realise that - it's fantastic! Best hand cream I've tried yet AND I managed to get it at half price whilst on sale!
Not really keen on the screw cap aspect, would prefer a flip top applicator to make it less fuss / user friendly, but otherwise it smells great, softens hands & doesn't feel heavy or greasy when only a pea size amount is sqeezed onto the back of your hands and rubbed in.
Great value for a great product

on 1/11/2009 12:04:00 PM

I love the Body shop hemp line. I use the body butter during the winter because my skin gets so dry and parched. I bought a tube of the hand protector to carry in my purse to use at work. I'm a nurse in an ER and after continuous washing of our hands with harsh soap & wearing latex gloves, it really takes it's toll. I slather this on and my hands instantly feel relieved and moisturized. Only bad thing is, it can tend to be a bit greasy if you don't rub it in really well. Also a little goes a long ways. The only con of this product is the packaging! I love the tin tube but mine always breaks or pops open in my purse and lotion goes everywhere.

on 1/5/2009 3:17:00 PM

It is super-moisturising and very thick - a little goes a long way! I prefer to use this at night as it takes a while to sink in and can be greasy if you use too much. I'm not sure that the moisturising effects last that long as I seem to be always reapplying and my hands get really dry and cracked if I don't, so I think the long-term effects are minimal.

It's also a pain getting the product out of the tin packaging, I wish they'd switch to plastic squeezy tube or something.

I stocked up on these when The Body Shop had a half-price offer on but will be searching for a better handcream once I've run out.

on 12/31/2008 5:53:00 PM

No other cream compares. Put this on at night, and in the morning your hands will be as soft as a baby's bottom. Oh yes. THAT soft. It is an intensive treatment, so the greasiness is to be expected. The price makes me a little sad, because I can get intensive moisturizers for less. However none will ever be as great as this one. Even though the metal tube can be a bit of a pain.

on 12/28/2008 1:14:00 PM

This is suppose to be one of the best seller from TBS, but I hardly see why.

I have used it for some time, but I have not seen improvement - not even a little! It is quite greassy and it absorbs only after some time, but I could tolerate it if it would work.

I'm actually very sorry it doesn't work, since I had high hopes - all here seems to rave about it...

Don't recommend to purchase!

So good! It's expensive but makes my hands silky soft. I don't mind the smell at all.

on 12/20/2008 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

OH MY GOD, THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. It's like a hand miracle in a tube, seriously.

I had really dry knuckles from the cold winter winds & so my nan gave me this to use. After only one night, my hands felt smoother & didn't feel as dry, and after a couple of days they soft and new again. Amazing stuff.

I let my mum borrow this recently - she's 52 & has those kind of rough, leathery hands with bleeding cracks all over that make you cringe when you touch them. She was using Aveda hand cream which wasn't helping enough, so I let her use this. After a few days, she said it's helped her gross hands a lot & is off to buy her own.

So even if you don't have crusty old hands, it still works just as well & doesn't feel oily or greasy at all. Plus I really like the smell...is that weird?

Popular Lotions / Creams