December 21, 2014 | 794 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I always go back to the hemp hand cream...even if I try other brands for the fun of it. This is my favourite, the smell is nice and I love the vintage-style packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by mochasplash

i must stress that a little of this goes a long way. if used sparingly, you dont get the greasy feeling like some people complained about. the smell doesnt bother me at all. i dont like the tube it comes in. it always feels like its going to crack where its bent. not reasonably priced at all, but what is at the body shop?!?! i got this for $15.50 on the 20% off members day. i wouldnt buy it again cuz of the price and cuz it contains parabens and other crap ingredients, but not many.
the screw cap is a pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ashlynn686

I love this product! This is the first extremely moisturizing hand cream I have found that I have not been allergic to. It does wonders repairing my skin after a break out. I'm not to fond of the smell but I just apply body spray or perfume over it right after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mhwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is probably the most moisturizing hand lotion i have ever used, ever. i love how it is very unisex. i like the smell, i don't need to use very much at all each time, and it lasts for a long time. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by NJN

This hand cream is like food for my skin!My hands and nails really absorb this cream and I am left with silky smooth skin for hours.My nails are also stronger due to the Allantoin that is added.This cream is different from others that you will find on the market and is worth paying the extra money for.A tiny blob goes a long way!My only problem is that if you use too much of the cream by accident (which can sometimes happen because of the packaging) then it takes ages to absorb and leaves your hands very greasy.This happened to me today when I had used the cream after washing the dishes and when I was putting one of the cups away it slipped right out of my hand because the cream was so thick and oily.
Because of this I have decided to use the cream only at night before I go to bed and I tend to put some on the soles of my feet too as it is so moisturising.A good investment but if you are looking for a light day cream for your hands then this is not the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by flues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell. It has a slight olive oil and patchouli smell, so soft and clean. It is so moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best hand creme the world has brought forth to me in my never-ending quest of all things lotion. I have bought one of these for all my friends and aunts at some point. It is great for men too, and have purchased it for a past boyfriend that worked with cement every day.

Personally, I like this product because I work at a school as a Social Worker, and am constantly washing my hands as a preventative measure to avoid illness. Just a titch (less than a dime size or so) of this leaves a protective barrier on my hands, is never too greasy, and has a faint earthy smell somewhat like patchoulli. Hemp oil is one of the main ingredients and is one of the most moisturizing oils on the market. This leaves my hands silky once it absorbs and really lasts for hours. I don't feel the need to constantly reapply it like other hand cremes I've used. It does wonders for my cuticles as well. The packaging is very cool, as it is just like a tube of my acrylic paints that I love to play with in my free time. Try not to bend it too much, because it will crack over time if you try to roll it up.

This goes on sale a few times of year. One tube lasts me about 6 months. If you cannot bear the smell of this lotion, I would steer you toward Smitten hand lotion by LUSH, as it is more feminine smelling (almond/marzipan) and also works very well (but Hemp Hand Protector absorbs better for me).

For a 3.3 oz tube it regularly retails for about $18.50. There is also a mini tube as well.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

oh my gawd! what a stinker. i don't care how moisturizing this product is. the smell just makes me sick. i put some of this on my hand while i was at the body shop and i thought it felt wonderful so i bought one tube and shopped around the mall. after a while i can smell an awfully strong scent and started to feel slightly nauseous like i want to gag or something and i remembered this! i went straight to the bathroom and washed my hands and started to feel better. i went to the body shop and return this stinky product. though this is moisturizing i cant afford to feel sick every time i use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by cassiec01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a former hairdresser, and have suffered permanent dryness to my hands. This is the only product that has been able to restore my hands back to normalcy! it may *seem* a little expensive, but it really goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a dental hygienist and this is the only hand cream that keeps my hands soft with no skin cracks. Love it and will definitely buy again,
the only thing I do not like is the package tube and the price.