Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 3/27/2008 2:56:00 PM

I am on the fence about this one...the packaging is utilitarian...not cute but works just fine. The liquid itself is light and milky, and dries to be a bit tacky (but not uncomfortable) after a few minutes.

I bought this for around 5 bucks at my local CVS...I have naturally thick lashes, but am looking for more length, so I thought, what the heck? I have been using it every night after washing my face (as the package directs) for about a week, and my lashes seem softer but not overly long. However, I know this product takes some time, so I don't mind keeping it up (it's just one more quick step, after all)

As far as issues with lashes falling out, as some other reviewers have experienced, I have had no trouble. Like I said, my lashes seem stronger if anything. I am also really careful never to touch my face/lashes after washing my face though, so that might factor in...I'll give it some more time and then reevaluate :)

on 3/27/2008 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've only been using this product for 3 weeks and I am not exaggerating when I say that it already has made my lashes longer. Not sure if it's b/c it moisturizes and/or strengthens the lashes or what. But it's funny, I have been noticing my eyes looking so much nicer lately (without makeup) and it didn't occur to me that it might be b/c of this product. I just need to figure out how to apply to the roots. Right now I have been just jiggling the wand close to my roots for a second or two before sweeping up. I've used Talika before and this product works just we well so I saved myself a good 30 bucks!

I've been using this religiously every night for the past month, and am happy to report that it works really well. I have to say, though- and this is coming from someone who understands the appeal- people buying this need to not hope too hard for an ultra-quick fix. That doesn't quite exist. I've been putting it on without obsessively checking the length of my lashes, but lately I've noticed that my eyes just look better, my lashes frame my eyes better, look longer and thicker and I can get away without liner or mascara. And best of all, there's significantly fewer lashes dropping. I tried using it during the day but found that it made my lashes look powdery...flakey almost, like it caught on to my foundation, so I'll stick to using it only at night. I haven't experienced any eye-stinging, and I do have sensitive eyes so I would have noticed. I've recently started trying it on my brows, so we'll see how things go there, but in general, for 7 AUD, people could do a lot worse.

on 3/17/2008 1:54:00 AM

Overall I'd give this a 3.5. I'm on my 2nd tube, I'm the worst when it comes to making a habit of using this. This time around I'm trying to make a real effort to use this nightly. I just finished my second week, I managed about 5x/week. Although I haven't seen a drastic difference in length, I have noticed that my eyelashes are curling better, they seem to be holding their curl for most of the day.

I attempted to use this as a primer but found that my lashes wouldn't hold a curl. I do recall when I was on my 1st tube, used as a nightly treatment, my lashes holding a better curl. So I'm going to assume that this product is making a positive difference in my lashes. Now if I can just get myself to use this every night...ugh!

on 2/28/2008 3:15:00 PM

I'm asian with short and thin lashes top and bottom. I started using this stuff for over a week now. I use this every night I use my fingers first to rub the gel on the roots of my top and bottom lashes then I use the brush it comes with to brush my lashes. So the results has been great. My lashes are long and my bottom ones are catching up with my top lashes. I can't believe it because I've spent so much money on Talika products and it never gave me results. I hope they don't discontinue this because it is the best! its cheap and it works. It doesnt hurt to try either! I will never want to go with out this stuff!

on 2/21/2008 7:43:00 PM

I would probably buy this again, simply because it SORTA worked. It's like a conditioner that protects the eyelashes, so it will stick around for longer and thus given the oppertunity to grow. So in short, it does not make your lashes grow, it just enhance your normal lash growth rate. My lashes a slight longer, but the bottom lashes are definitely longer. I been using it for 4 month.

I find that this works similarly, even a bit better, than Talika's lipocils. I had a waxing mishap a few months ago, and my brows grew in nicely quite quickly with this. I now apply it once in a while just to keep my brows looking full.

on 2/12/2008 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to every drug store in my town on a mission to find this stuff...I was so happy to find one tube at Rite aid...It was under 5 dollars...I used it for a month on my eyelashes and eyebrows. I saw no growth at all, but what made me throw the tube in the trash was a strange tiny patch of hair disappeared from one of my eyebrows...it is like it burned it off...that was it, I have always had thick eyebrows and I was scared it would do the same to my eyelashes if I continued....Maybe these types of products don't work for me, years ago I tried Talik (something like that from Sephora) ended up throwing that out too, never did a thing. I'm happy it works for others though!

on 2/8/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i've been using this for the past month, and a half, on my eyebrows, and eyelashes, I havent notice a difference at all, I should also add that ive used this religiously every night. i've taken pics, and ive compared them but no difference at all, I will not repurchase, even though its dirt cheap this stuff is really hard to find, I went to every store near my area, and ended up buying from drugstore.com , so I wasted alot of time, gas, and payed for shipping and handeling. I guess I will try the expensive stuff now.
I almost forgot please when you apply this be careful, make sure you dont get ANY in your eyes, or it will BURN for the rest of the night, even if you wash your eyes with water. I had this happening to me, and my eye turned really red, and started burning, I couldnt sleep that night..

EDIT: I AM TOTALLY CHANGING MY REVIEW, THIS PRODUCT WORKS MAGIC, BUT YOU HAVE TO APPLY ALOT EVERYNIGHT, AND IT TAKES ABOUR 4 MONTHS TO SEE RESULTS, WOW IVE ALREADY BOUGHT EVERYSINGLE ONE AT ULTA THAT I COULD FIND. ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DOING THE SAME.

on 2/8/2008 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to admit, at first i was so skeptical to try this product because of some bad reviews about it causing bad eye reactions. I'm so glad i went pass that and tried it. After just 2 weeks of usage, my lashes were noticeably more longer especially on my lower lashline. There are new lashes growing on my inner lower lashline as well as on the upper lashline. After finishing one tube, in about a span of 1 1/2 months, the results are amazing! My lashes are much more healthier and i'm loving it. I have to say, this might show different results on different individuals depending on how your lashes are in the first place. Mine were quite thick and long beforehand, so the results were more visible on me. You have to use this religiously every night to achieve results but it's well worth it! I have healthy lashes now and will repurchase and repurchase! HG material for me.

Top Rated Lash Treatments